Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I still wish this had Miiverse and Street Passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Spacebump posted:

I still wish this had Miiverse and Street Passes.

yea :(

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Miiverse yes, street passes no. I think that would tax the battery too much.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can't believe I wasted a couple minutes going through the last couple of pages instead of tackling these dozen guys guarding a tower in Zelda.

Maybe cause I grew up at some point I don't get the impulse to go read about things I don't care about/hate. That seems like a sad thing to do with one's self.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

To people who have played both, what's better, Horizon or Zelda?

Wondering if I should finally start Horizon or not, but can't stop the Zelda train.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LethalGeek posted:

I can't believe I wasted a couple minutes going through the last couple of pages instead of tackling these dozen guys guarding a tower in Zelda.

Maybe cause I grew up at some point I don't get the impulse to go read about things I don't care about/hate. That seems like a sad thing to do with one's self.

Grew up so much you still made a post complaining about it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

parallelodad posted:

Miiverse yes, street passes no. I think that would tax the battery too much.

I still miss it :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

To people who have played both, what's better, Horizon or Zelda?

Wondering if I should finally start Horizon or not, but can't stop the Zelda train.

They might both be open world games but they are very different in practice so comparisons are a bit lacking. Horizon more akin to something like the Witcher 3 rather than Zelda.

I did however drop Horizon hard when I got Zelda and I'm still not done with it. I like both for very different reasons.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

parallelodad posted:

Grew up so much you still made a post complaining about it.

you should probably get off his lawn

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

LethalGeek posted:

And yet here you are posting!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

The presentation was great. We had that one guy demonstrate proper lazy gamer pose and a translator died on-air.

To be fair everyone knows you need to sacrifice a translator to Suda. Once he breaks them over his knee and absorbs their broken career hopes from them he will create a game for your system

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys

the switch is still good

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

eonwe posted:

hey guys

the switch is still good

Hmmm *turns knobs on my 1960s super computer, double checks print out against chalkboard* This checks out

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

hey guys

the switch is still good

:yeah:

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

i really want to get Voez because I like the phone version but it's $25 dollars and also I'm weird and want to keep fingerprints off my fancy new device's screen for as long as possible

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Binding of Isaac is fun and cool but it's crazy it's $40. As a brand new player first one ever playing on Switch it seems more like a $10 mobile phone game like rogue legacy. Fun though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Two things.

1 - stop posting about other people's posting.

2 - when does the UK get eshop updates because I would like Binding of Isaac.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'd still like discounts on Deluxe games so Wii U owners who felt burned are encouraged to pick up the Switch. Something like "Hey, you registered these games on your Wii U account, so here's 50% off on Mario Kart and Smash Deluxe, thanks for supporting us in spite of our garbage fire system."

Not that this is going to happen. Not from the company that charges five dollars for the privilege of owning Super Mario Bros. on another system.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

Two things.

1 - stop posting about other people's posting.

2 - when does the UK get eshop updates because I would like Binding of Isaac.

Can I post about your posting?

Also real content: Get voez if you like rhythm games. $25 isn't bad when it costs like $100+ to get all the same songs on mobile.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Isaac seems to be a good version. Runs fine. Didn't see any huge 4x rooms, but the big L shaped ones loaded fine with no hitching that you see on Vita and 3DS.

One thing I don't like about playing it handheld is the Joycon stick is so small that I kept moving diagonally when I didn't mean to-- same problem as the Vita, there's just not enough dead zone at the diagonal directions so you have to be pressing exactly right if you want to move in a straight line to the right. It's good enough for handheld though, and I'm sure it'll be fine with the Pro controller. You can also use the arrow buttons to move, but this game has analog movement, so I feel like you lose something in doing that.

Anyways, excited my new console has my favorite game :toot:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
U.K. Isn't getting BoI until April I thought

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well, you might not like the music. It's... not terrible but not really my bag. Also the interface isn't great, it's hard to tell at a glance what I've played already.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Voez is fantastic and a must have for rhythm game lovers. It works super well, even with the tempered glass screen protector installed.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Does the Switch still use wifi while in sleep mode? Troubleshooting for something else and can't find an easy answer.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

U.K. Isn't getting BoI until April I thought

What the heck???

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Pants Donkey posted:

I'd still like discounts on Deluxe games so Wii U owners who felt burned are encouraged to pick up the Switch. Something like "Hey, you registered these games on your Wii U account, so here's 50% off on Mario Kart and Smash Deluxe, thanks for supporting us in spite of our garbage fire system."

Not that this is going to happen. Not from the company that charges five dollars for the privilege of owning Super Mario Bros. on another system.

Nobody should be rewarded for buying a Wii U.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Kashuno posted:

Can I post about your posting?

Also real content: Get voez if you like rhythm games. $25 isn't bad when it costs like $100+ to get all the same songs on mobile.

Voez being able to change and move around its columns is a neat gimmick and they do cool things with it visually and otherwise. It also means that sometimes even easier charts do some cool stuff so they can be worth checking out even if you have a lot of rhythm game experience.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
cant VG make a NA eshop account and get it tho???

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

eonwe posted:

cant VG make a NA eshop account and get it tho???

Indeed. You need to buy a foreign points card though.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Takoluka posted:

If you think about it, every sequel is just the same game with completely new things, meaning that if you own anything, there's no reason to purchase anything that comes after it.

Ha, yep. I was just being a sarcastic rear end. I am excited for it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

BoI installed.

Gonna go for a full run, will post impressions after
Running pretty loving smooth so far, but I haven't gotten any insane upgrades yet.

Pro controller feels real good for this.

BoI trip report.

Owns.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

What the heck???

Yeah neither is Australia.

Thankfully Play Asia has you covered
https://www.play-asia.com/digital_codes/nintendo_eshop/14/711z7

Purchased, got code straight away, redeemed, installed Isaac via my US eShop account :toot:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

How did Wii U owners get burned?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

PowerBeard posted:

I finally folded and bought a Switch. Sadly Zelda was sold out and when the clerk tried talking up 1, 2 Switch, I decided to hold off on picking up anything there.

So what is worth playing on the Switch that isn't Zelda?

After realizing that I didn't like Breath of the Wild, I've been playing a lot of Fast Racing RMX. I loved Fast Racing Neo and this is just that but better. My Switch is basically my FAST Racing system and I'm OK with that.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Isaac showed up while on my lunch break. I was concerned, because I removed Zelda and inserted the cartridge, and nothing. i had to take it out and put it back in two more times for it to show up. Weird. Game plays just fine though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Infinitum posted:

BoI trip report.

Owns.

Yeah it a great port with no slowdown. So glad the first run is only required to beat Mom, because getting Mark and Curse of the Tower is a BAD combo.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

How did Wii U owners get burned?

Because people who didn't buy a WiiU told them they got burned, much like people who haven't purchased a Switch are saying how it is poo poo with "no games". Like the PS4 or XB1 did any better, or really any console release.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Aww yeah, so ruined, you fuckers had to play Mario 3D World, what a sham.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Will the Pro controller charge if connected to the side ports on the dock with the Switch in sleep mode? Or does it have to be on? Finally got my first low battery on the Pro controller after 2 weeks. Much less than the 4-6 months I got out of the WiiU pro controller.

pissdude posted:

Voez is fantastic and a must have for rhythm game lovers. It works super well, even with the tempered glass screen protector installed.

What kind of music does it have? Maybe I should download the iOS version to preview it.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rirse posted:

Yeah it a great port with no slowdown. So glad the first run is only required to beat Mom, because getting Mark and Curse of the Tower is a BAD combo.

Doing a hard mode run with 0 unlocks was... interesting.

Now to spend 500 hours playing Isaac in bed in portable mode.

• Locked thread