Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mahoning posted:

Nobody should be rewarded for buying a Wii U.

my wii u came with the trophy for being a cool gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FireMrshlBill posted:

Will the Pro controller charge if connected to the side ports on the dock with the Switch in sleep mode? Or does it have to be on? Finally got my first low battery on the Pro controller after 2 weeks. Much less than the 4-6 months I got out of the WiiU pro controller.

What kind of music does it have? Maybe I should download the iOS version to preview it.

The dock will charge whatever is plugged into it regardless of if your system is in there. Plug in your phone if you want.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Wii U was great if you like Nintendo stuff, but that better do it for you cause games from everyone else generally didn't happen. Probably a lot to do with why Nintendo is going hard after Indie stuff now and hopefully keeping the trash out this time.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If I create a new account for the USA thing does that mean I get another user on my switch? I don't know how the heck to do another account thing. Also why on earth would they delay Isaac?

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

FireMrshlBill posted:

Because people who didn't buy a WiiU told them they got burned, much like people who haven't purchased a Switch are saying how it is poo poo with "no games". Like the PS4 or XB1 did any better, or really any console release.

ps4 didn't have anything good until bloodborne, i mean in 2017 it is a great system but i am sure in 4 years the switch will have a great lineup. i mean gently caress look at the 3DS it had a shity release but it ended up good in the game.

my favorite armchair analyzing for Nintendo products is when they release the 2DS and the youtuber blentalfloss was outrage at the idea the system exist, and had a "i hate nintendo and their dead now" meltdown. i mean it marketed for kids, cheeper and it come out the same day as Pokemon, and people couldn't figured it out. in the end the 2DS did a ton of good for the system.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope they give the Epic Dumpster Bear guy dev kit though. The game looks like trash or a joke game with all public domain assets, but as a platformer it actually has great level design and the controls feel good, and the touchscreen gimmick stages were a welcome change of pace. It used the gamepad better than most of Nintendo's games.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Did they ever fix or have plans to fix the controller sync issues, dock screen scratching, etc. stuff? I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait until they release a new version of the hardware ala DS lite before getting one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Music Theory posted:

i really want to get Voez because I like the phone version but it's $25 dollars and also I'm weird and want to keep fingerprints off my fancy new device's screen for as long as possible

I don't know if you know this, but fingerprints wipe right off. Honest.

VideoGames posted:

If I create a new account for the USA thing does that mean I get another user on my switch? I don't know how the heck to do another account thing. Also why on earth would they delay Isaac?

Yes, it just adds an account to the switch. You can still play the game with your main account. It's probably delayed to finish all the languages or something.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Correct.

I bought the game with my USA account, but play it with my main Infinitum account.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pollyanna posted:

Did they ever fix or have plans to fix the controller sync issues, dock screen scratching, etc. stuff? I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait until they release a new version of the hardware ala DS lite before getting one.

Those are isolated hardware issues, not present in all units. If you have a desyncing left joycon you can send it in under warranty. If you have a pinched dock, same, but I'd say just stick a book in it and leave it in a window while you're at work and it should set in a better position.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean, maybe EDB is ok? But the screenshots on the eShop look like the most awful thing and I just can't justify spending the 4 dollars or whatever to play it.

Maybe EDB2 will be better.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know if you know this, but fingerprints wipe right off. Honest.

You've just revolutionized crime!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oof BoI is very framey. Thought the Seitch was supposed to be more powerful than the Wii U

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Kirios posted:

To people who have played both, what's better, Horizon or Zelda?

Wondering if I should finally start Horizon or not, but can't stop the Zelda train.

Horizon is good if you never want to wander off path, it's an open world but it's very regimented. The robots don't interact with each other in dynamic ways for example they're always only in their pre described areas. You also can't climb everything you see which is a bummer. Good game though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Infinitum posted:

Correct.

I bought the game with my USA account, but play it with my main Infinitum account.

Blaster Master????????????????

parallelodad posted:

Those are isolated hardware issues, not present in all units. If you have a desyncing left joycon you can send it in under warranty. If you have a pinched dock, same, but I'd say just stick a book in it and leave it in a window while you're at work and it should set in a better position.

That's good to hear. Do they know which batches have the problems and which serial codes go where?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Oof BoI is very framey. Thought the Seitch was supposed to be more powerful than the Wii U

It's... not? I'm running BoI just fine.

Did a Technology challenge mode run just to test out Put-A-Bunch-Of-poo poo-Onscreen-At-Once, and it was running super smoothly.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

How have you been looking at this thread and not known about Blaster Master?

re: get Blaster Master.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Blaster Master Zero

It is a very very good game.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Did a Technology challenge mode run just to test out Put-A-Bunch-Of-poo poo-Onscreen-At-Once, and it was running super smoothly.

Once you get to the womb it gets down to like 20fps. Sad.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Phantasium posted:

How have you been looking at this thread and not known about Blaster Master?

re: get Blaster Master.

Infinitum posted:

Blaster Master Zero

For some reason I was under the impression that it was a reissuing or port, rather than a new game altogether. Fascinating. I'm still saving up for a Switch though, so I'll grab it once a few more mainline titles come out.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

From the womb to the tomb.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Once you get to the womb it gets down to like 20fps. Sad.

Are you playing in docked mode or handheld mode? Maybe that has something to do with it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

1. The cat in your avatar is adorable.
2. Blastermaster Zero is 100% a great game and great metroidvania. Play it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I'm messing around with it and even the 4x tile rooms are running fine.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

parallelodad posted:

From the womb to the tomb.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Are you playing in docked mode or handheld mode? Maybe that has something to do with it

Docked to handheld and saw people on gaf with same issue.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

ya, you would have another user on your switch. thats the only annoying part really

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Cyron posted:

ps4 didn't have anything good until bloodborne, i mean in 2017 it is a great system but i am sure in 4 years the switch will have a great lineup. i mean gently caress look at the 3DS it had a shity release but it ended up good in the game.

my favorite armchair analyzing for Nintendo products is when they release the 2DS and the youtuber blentalfloss was outrage at the idea the system exist, and had a "i hate nintendo and their dead now" meltdown. i mean it marketed for kids, cheeper and it come out the same day as Pokemon, and people couldn't figured it out. in the end the 2DS did a ton of good for the system.

Ya, the whole Nintendo is doomed/dead thing is old at this point. They don't overextend themselves and serve their niche. That is pretty much like saying Apple is dead if their watch fails.

Even though I have a N3DSXL, I still like my 2DS. I use it as a beater for when I travel so I don't lose or damage my Majoras Mask N3DSXL. I actually kinda prefer the 2DS for games like Mario Kart because of the shoulder buttons.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kirios posted:

1. The cat in your avatar is adorable.
2. Blastermaster Zero is 100% a great game and great metroidvania. Play it.

:yeah: to both

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Docked to handheld and saw people on gaf with same issue.

Have you tried rebooting the Switch? (hold the power button for 13 seconds don't put it into sleep mode). I had some slow down issues in Zelda for a few days and had the Switch crash on me while downloading splatoon and they went away after the reboot. There might be a memory leak of some kind in the switch UI and there is no shutdown just "sleep". Or maybe I'm an idiot and can't find the shutdown button.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

parallelodad posted:

The dock will charge whatever is plugged into it regardless of if your system is in there. Plug in your phone if you want.

Awesome, I am impressed it will charge without the Switch even docked.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

pixaal posted:

Have you tried rebooting the Switch? (hold the power button for 13 seconds don't put it into sleep mode). I had some slow down issues in Zelda for a few days and had the Switch crash on me while downloading splatoon and they went away after the reboot. There might be a memory leak of some kind in the switch UI and there is no shutdown just "sleep". Or maybe I'm an idiot and can't find the shutdown button.

Just hold down he power button on top. Cant remember if there is a way to in the UI for when it is docked, but I thought that there is.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

pixaal posted:

You hold the power button for a while and a menu will show up that gives you the option to shut it down completely, it's not a button exactly.

I did that at first but then found out the Joy Cons don't charge if the system is completely off and stopped doing it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Nerdrock posted:

Isaac showed up while on my lunch break. I was concerned, because I removed Zelda and inserted the cartridge, and nothing. i had to take it out and put it back in two more times for it to show up. Weird. Game plays just fine though.

This is likely a hardware problem, saw it on YT :(

Might want to call Nintendo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Just hold down he power button on top. Cant remember if there is a way to in the UI for when it is docked, but I thought that there is.

I can't find one. I just hold the power button and it give me sleep mode and a greyed out airplane mode.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I feel like I had somehow found a way to access that from a controller but I guess I was just imagining it. You have to hold the home button on the switch itself to access the reboot/shut down menu.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Policenaut posted:

I can't find one. I just hold the power button and it give me sleep mode and a greyed out airplane mode.

The power button, not the home button? Holding down the power button should bring a menu with "Sleep Mode" and "Power Options"; selecting power options brings up the options of Shut Down and Restart.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Policenaut posted:

Keep holding it, 13 seconds. It should cut power. I'm sure it's not a real shutdown so you might want to make sure you have all applications closed.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alright tired of playing in handheld mode, and fixed my color issues with my TV. Gunna find pro controller.

80 dollars is highway robbery

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh! You guys are right! I kept holding the home button on the pro controller but there it is when I hold it on the Switch's actual power button. This is a great help, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Blaster Master Zero

Till you gently caress up and you backtrack from area 8 to 7 through the ghost boss area for extra add-ons and it won't pull your car back down.

My game is so hosed.

• Locked thread