Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Skippy McPants posted:

Noooope. And the game doesn't even let you hard save for the first... call it two hours or so because you're on a "priority mission." The checkpoints are pretty good, so it's not the end of the world but not being in control of when and where I save is a major pet peeve.

yup. the first time i died i re-loaded and was like welp.. guess im going to take a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't mind punishment for dying but I wish the poo poo you scan and stuff stays scanned so you don't have to redo THAT part

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Wow. That and the classic press M to bring up map but can't press M to close it just scream console port.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I preordered the game after playing the trial. I like the gameplay and I'm liking the story so far and want to see where it goes. :shrug:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gmq posted:

I preordered the game after playing the trial. I like the gameplay and I'm liking the story so far and want to see where it goes. :shrug:

High five bud. See you in Andromeda.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

Wow. That and the classic press M to bring up map but can't press M to close it just scream console port.

Yeah, seriously. The map thing was another big wtf moment. The whole UI poorly optimized for Mouse & KB from top to bottom.

Which... whatever, that's every RPG made in the last ten years.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

gmq posted:

:eyepop:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hivemind concensus seems disrupted

is game good or bad?? Hivemind must reach concensus soon or risk implosion

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, seriously. The map thing was another big wtf moment. The whole UI poorly optimized for Mouse & KB from top to bottom.

Which... whatever, that's every RPG made in the last ten years.

not,,,

the witcher 3 :q:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Zzulu posted:

Hivemind concensus seems disrupted

is game good or bad?? Hivemind must reach concensus soon or risk implosion

After using the 10 hour trial I'm waiting for the 20 dollar goty version.

There's to much stuff for me to play right now anyway

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I, too, will get this game despite NOT playing the trial.

This is not an endorsement for this game though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

not,,,

the witcher 3 :q:

this witcher three sounds like quite a game
is it... good?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

is it... good?

Its good.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

is it... good?

I think you'll find this will answer your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnI_mvp2fjc

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

is it... good?

Everyone said the witchers one and two were good too, but they weren't, so I doubt it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gmq posted:

:same:

Game good!
Also loooooving the mp... when we get a good host.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Witcher 1 is dogshit

Witcher 2 is good but very flawed

Witcher 3 is good, if you like open world RPG's. It's pretty tedious otherwise tbh

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Witcher 3 is super good, but it can be hard to get into. I think I restarted it three times before it really clicked for me.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I started Witcher 2 three times, enjoyed it each time, and never played beyond like six hours each time. It was obviously a fantastic game so I have no idea why this is the case

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i started all three of em and never got farther than an hour or so into them :shrug: of course i never finished mass effect 1 until i got gifted 2 and couldnt put it down, went back to 1 and liked it better despite it being clunky as gently caress.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Witcher 3 is a super rad Professional Beastie Exterminator simulator and is one of the only open world games where all the side quests don't feel like padding, but I didn't care about the main plot at all and don't think I actually finished it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hulk Krogan posted:

Witcher 3 is a super rad Professional Beastie Exterminator simulator and is one of the only open world games where all the side quests don't feel like padding, but I didn't care about the main plot at all and don't think I actually finished it.

Play Horizon

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

No PS4 and my computer is an old-ish mac :(

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Norns posted:

Play Horizon

that one is supposed to show up tomorrow to tide me over until i can go be mr great hair pathfinder sometime monday if vpn fuckery still works

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug
Witcher games actually didn't click with me until tried it out with a controller, then it was p sweet.

DA:I was obviously designed for controller too, so that's what I used. No point fighting it if the KB/M setup sucks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Coughing Hobo posted:

I think you'll find this will answer your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnI_mvp2fjc

Mymla posted:

Everyone said the witchers one and two were good too, but they weren't, so I doubt it.

i think i'm going to go ahead and believe mymla and break my ps4 because it has wild hunt already downloaded so it's sullied thanks mymla!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bud K ninja sword posted:

that one is supposed to show up tomorrow to tide me over until i can go be mr great hair pathfinder sometime monday if vpn fuckery still works

You'll enjoy it. I went in expecting ubisoft open world clone.

One of my favorite games now.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Honestly, I kinda want to play witcher 3, but I really don't want to play as Gerald from the River.

Will Cyberpunk 2077 have character customization?

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008

Zzulu posted:

I don't mind punishment for dying but I wish the poo poo you scan and stuff stays scanned so you don't have to redo THAT part

Holy poo poo, this. Half the time, i dont even know where it autosaved me so I'm kind of lost what i need to redo.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

so the hivemind is telling me this game is bad?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Norns posted:

You'll enjoy it. I went in expecting ubisoft open world clone.

One of my favorite games now.

i usually dont pick up console games and my ps4 had been doing a great job guarding my entertainment center from dust. but y'all convinced me to go be a strong female protagonist go team.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mymla posted:

Honestly, I kinda want to play witcher 3, but I really don't want to play as Gerald from the River.

We'll probably know sometime in 2025 when they begin talking about it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mymla posted:

Its a full rpg, you create your character.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Are the side quests fun at least? I didn't really enjoy Dragon Age: Inquisition too much but what made me drop it was all the bland MMO style fetch quests

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
The only mistake CDProjekt Red ever made was to reveal Cyberpunk 2077 so loving early.

There's no way that game is coming out before 2020.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Mymla posted:

I hear this a lot but it really worked well the way it played out. Instead of the game designers needing to plan six wildly different characters (man/woman) (professional/goofy) (gay/straight) and so you end up getting a ton of choices that don't mean anything and dialogue that doesn't change anything so they can accommodate a range of characters.

Geralt is an old guy with a very special set of skills, looking for his daughter. He's basically fantasy Taken and the game gets to play with his backstory, relationships, and who *this* guy is in the world, which means more interesting quests, better dialogue, etc. etc.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

poisonpill posted:

Geralt is an old guy with a very special set of skills, looking for his daughter. He's basically fantasy Taken and the game gets to play with his backstory, relationships, and who *this* guy is in the world, which means more interesting quests, better dialogue, etc. etc.

You just sold me Witcher 3.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

PerilPastry posted:

Are the side quests fun at least? I didn't really enjoy Dragon Age: Inquisition too much but what made me drop it was all the bland MMO style fetch quests

Someone said it was like a 2004 Korean MMO.

Compare that to the Witcher 3 sidequests. One of which you have to backtrack a decade-old murder to figure out how to break a ghost's curse, or hunt a beast that reveals a town's buried secrets, or take a job from a guy who has all the facts of the beast wrong, or or or...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how do the characters of ME:A stack up to the ones in ME:2, I liked just about everyone in that game but know nothing about Vectra and Krogan #3 and PB+J

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

how do the characters of ME:A stack up to the ones in ME:2, I liked just about everyone in that game but know nothing about Vectra and Krogan #3 and PB+J

I'm not sure. The time I spent with the game, they didn't do much other than talk about what was currently happening. It all was kinda white noise.