Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MohShuvuu posted:

orlandu was out already during this event in jp

That's another three months till we get him, bro. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Orlandu Orlandu Orlandu Orlandu

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Finally got a 5* base melee unit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
10+1 pull gave me a 2nd Zidane, a 3rd Refia, and a bunch of worthless garbage including Ludmille #14 or 15. 1/2 pull gave me Vivi. I'll probably 1/2 pull for the rest of the banner but I don't think I'm going to try chasing Noctis or Gilgamesh unless I decide to burn a bunch of tickets. It's really just a matter of whether I'd like to be disappointed now, or if/when Orlandu shows up (though it's getting to the point that we'll have OK or Veritas not long after). Also if I chase now I'll have to deal with even more of those stupid moogles for TMs I don't have.

At least when I burned 1800 ifrit coins I got Minfilia (and Thancred). :confuoot:

MrLonghair posted:

I can't last more than two turns in ELT Ifrid Raid despite working hard to stack over 5k HP on everybody and people are already up to 40k points. PRO difficulty all the way.

e: stacking fire resists too of course haaah
e: Is this what life was like for you assholes who kept pulling one Zidane after another before this banner? Glorious and filled with gamebreaking dualwield TMs?

Barfira, Focus, Embolden, with atk/mag debuffs on Ifrit got my entire team wiped out in a single turn including Queen, CoD, and a friend Noctis who were fire immune and got murdered by 2.5-3k damage attacks after some initial AOE wiped out everyone else. ELT is seriously loving dumb.

MrLonghair posted:

What the hell kind of team and set of TMs do you have?

e: oh right I forgot about the people who managed to pull Ling nevermind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXge4jIHxEE
over 60 pulls going after her did me no good

Ling being able to AOE dispel your party (using a skill materia, so something we'll probably never see again?) is some amazing bullshit.

Robotic Accolade posted:

If you're willing to fuse 5 of them together you only need to get them up to around 16% each first (16 * 5 + 5 *4) which still takes awhile but is a lot less painful than getting one guy from 25% to 100%. Still gonna take awhile manually but that's the fastest route without using trust moogles.

16% takes around a week of TM grinding with no lapis, assuming you aren't wasting much (or any) stamina.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

Mischalaniouse posted:

I played on iOS and run Memu an Android emulator to macro. You just have to attach a Facebook account to it and add your Facebook account on Memu.

Thanks for this tip! At this point I can only run ifrit on ADV, but the nice thing is that since I'm low rank and still working my way through the story, the raid orbs refill every time I rank up!

Evil Fluffy posted:

16% takes around a week of TM grinding with no lapis, assuming you aren't wasting much (or any) stamina.

It seems like they could do with eliminating the 10% chance, or maybe have a separate system for the trait-specific 5% moogles that lets you use them on say all of the characters from a specific game. Gotta keep people grinding, I guess.

Dockworker fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 17, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ling being able to AOE dispel your party (using a skill materia, so something we'll probably never see again?) is some amazing bullshit.

Ling being a timed exclusive is bad but that AoE dispel she has equiped is Bushido: Freedom from the Greg trial by winning w/o using items. I don't know if there's anything else that can remove that fire debuff Ifrit has, but at least it's always available.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Scrublord Prime posted:

Ling being a timed exclusive is bad but that AoE dispel she has equiped is Bushido: Freedom from the Greg trial by winning w/o using items. I don't know if there's anything else that can remove that fire debuff Ifrit has, but at least it's always available.

That's good at least. Eventually I'll get around to doing a no-item Greg run, but probably not before this event ends (and I doubt I have the firepower to reliably take on ELT atm anyways).

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
It's really frustrating that I can 1 round PRO with no special setup whatsoever, and then can't get him down past like 80% on ELT because I didn't draw Marie or level Cerius. Anybody got the math on PRO? How many runs does it take to get to the 1.6m needed for the final prize?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
50 tickets down the drain.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

well i did 10 pulls on players choice and got me a luneth and another zidane, plus i got a trust moogle for luneth somehow. so i spent an entire year with no dual wields and i am now on my path to having three, which is nice.

also i cant touch the elite version of ifrit at level 9, apparently i should have set my alarm to do it at rollover :I

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

It's really frustrating that I can 1 round PRO with no special setup whatsoever, and then can't get him down past like 80% on ELT because I didn't draw Marie or level Cerius. Anybody got the math on PRO? How many runs does it take to get to the 1.6m needed for the final prize?

I get ~3k per Pro run, you need 1.6m to get the trust moogle, or 1.2m for Y'shtola at least.

That's a lot of pro runs. :negative:

I tried Elite, made Exdeath a fire tank with the Fire Mail&Shield, had Ling to debuff, Luka for buffing defence and healing, Mercedes to buff attack, and Noct to smack some Ifrits. By the end of the third turn half the party was dead, Ling held on with ~200 HP, so I bailed and go a third of the rewards I would've if I just ran Pro.

gently caress elite.

e: Also a friend Marie for Barfiraga. I didn't have Bushido Freedom so I couldn't do anything about the fire debuff that hurt a ton but didn't make up for my lack of offense anyways.

e2: This is at lv8/9 Ifrit. We need a higher level Ifrit to get this done before it takes forever. The exviuswiki event page says Ifrit's level doesn't affect his stats in battle so at least there's no reason to worry about getting his level up.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 17, 2017

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Glad I got that compensation lapis, that'll compensate for the additional unit and material slots that the raid is filling up.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

now the question is do i burn my remaining 20 tickets on this banner in hopes of a noctis and more zidanes or do i wait to be disappointed by orlandu. i feel like having just pulled another base 5* today lowers my odds of getting more but i got my ramza like a week or two ago? so.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Did an 11-pull for the gently caress of it, and got Gilgamesh.

Olive, Gilgamesh, and Ramza have more than made up for my troll 5*s.

Actually a pretty good 11 pull overall:

Zidane(had 4 already)
Cecil x2
Refia x2
Artemios
Garnet
Agrias
Adamant
Nine
Gilgamesh

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Reminder that Ifrit's raid level doesn't affect its damage, just the bonus you get after the fight. If you can't clear ELT or at least do significant damage before dying, there's no reason not to run PRO and PRO should be pretty easy for most people since you can blind and paralyze Ifrit. Your team is hot garbage? Grab a (buff) Noctis friend and go all out on Ifrit since fire flask is going to lock him down pretty easily.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

rabidsquid posted:

now the question is do i burn my remaining 20 tickets on this banner in hopes of a noctis and more zidanes or do i wait to be disappointed by orlandu. i feel like having just pulled another base 5* today lowers my odds of getting more but i got my ramza like a week or two ago? so.

Right now I can't justify it. I keep getting trash + a worthless moogle specific TMR to take up space for a unit I don't have

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I got ELT Ifrit to 40%

Refia (DC, Equip Flame Shield, Red Ring)
Cod (Infernal Armlet)
Rain (flame Mail, Flame Shield)
D.Rain (Natural Fire Resist, Flame Mail)
Lightning (Flame Mail, Ifrit Esper, Barfira)

Everyone has ~75% flame resist. I mostly ran into problems because not everyone had Parallyze immunity. I've now fixed that.\

I do NOT have Bushido, but might try to knock out Gilg to get it.

Fake Edit: as an aside, I kind like the looks of getting a bunch of random moogles... trying to resist.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

15 rare ticket pulls, not a single good unit except Zidane :flaccid:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I hosed up my math, I think I counted my average coins including INT&ADV. I got 3.9k now by clearing Pro. Still a lot of runs but better than 3.1k, and that's still only level 9 Ifrit. He needs to be leveled up too, there's only so many orbs we can get over time before the event ends. 14 days x 24 orbs a day x 3,900 = ~1.3m points, and that' assuming you use every orb. There's 100 lapis for a refresh and hopefully a rank up will refresh them too. It'll be interesting* to see how this goes!

* :shepicide:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah i got a bunch of actually useful moogles like i somehow got one for my luneth as well as some champion belt and sakurufakabufukiriku ones

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
gently caress. Finally get a loving rainbow after 200 some odd pulls and it's a loving ace. Think that's gonna do it for me and this lovely garbage game. I'd rather just not get a rainbow than pull trash like that. gently caress you Gummi

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

rabidsquid posted:

yeah i got a bunch of actually useful moogles like i somehow got one for my luneth as well as some champion belt and sakurufakabufukiriku ones

I got 3 moogles for Noctis's TM

Too bad I don't have a Noctis :(

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Holy loving poo poo that opening on ELT isn't a joke, that was a wipe right after turn 1. How the gently caress do you survive that???

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Be swole as hell, debuff his magic and attack, barfiraga, defence buffs, and whatever innate fire resistance you can muster! Also one of his attacks inflicts fire resistance down and the only way to clear that is one of the rewards from the recent Gilgamesh trial: Bushido: Freedom

You can flee if you can survive for a few turns and do significant damage to make it worth more than Pro, but if you can't do it once to pick up the lapis and bail via the Escape ability or a Smoke Bomb because gently caress elite.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

Scrublord Prime posted:

I hosed up my math, I think I counted my average coins including INT&ADV. I got 3.9k now by clearing Pro. Still a lot of runs but better than 3.1k, and that's still only level 9 Ifrit. He needs to be leveled up too, there's only so many orbs we can get over time before the event ends. 14 days x 24 orbs a day x 3,900 = ~1.3m points, and that' assuming you use every orb. There's 100 lapis for a refresh and hopefully a rank up will refresh them too. It'll be interesting* to see how this goes!

I can confirm that rank ups do reset the orbs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Threw 10 tickets in to the abyss and got 2 more Refias as well as my first Mercedes, so that's a nice silver lining. Got Cecil #7 but no more Zidanes. Hopefully the 1/2 daily pulls make up for that since a 3rd dual wield would be nice.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

gently caress. Finally get a loving rainbow after 200 some odd pulls and it's a loving ace. Think that's gonna do it for me and this lovely garbage game. I'd rather just not get a rainbow than pull trash like that. gently caress you Gummi

Ace is better than Queen, IMO, but yeah it sucks when your only 5 star base is a Type-0 unit since those units all suck. I feel your pain. :(

e:

Scrublord Prime posted:

The bonus we get per clear is 8% per level and we're already getting 3.9k per PRO clear. Ifrit's going to probably get up in to the mid-high teens, possibly higher, and if that happens we'll be looking at 5-6k points or more per PRO clear.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 17, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I didn't know this was possible, but I had an ELT Ifrit turn where he did 8 straight auto-attacks. No abilities that turn, just autos.

I think I hit an amazingly low % chance there. Whatever, thanks for the 11,480 points.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you don't have bushido freedom, Maria has Dispelga which does the same thing...

But LOL at taking a five star Maria in to play with Ifrit she'll be loving roasted after round 1.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
You can ignore the debuff. I've been killing Ifrit without dispelling it. It just requires a Ling break, a bunch of fire resistance, a metric fuckton of healing, and nothing to go wrong.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
According to Reddit if you don't use Embolden/Cheer he won't cast Radiant Plume. Gonna test this next orb refresh since that's what I generally cast first round.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamsystem posted:

According to Reddit if you don't use Embolden/Cheer he won't cast Radiant Plume. Gonna test this next orb refresh since that's what I generally cast first round.

I'm pretty sure this is not the case for me...

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

gently caress this event

I'm finishing leveling my damned-poo poo-rear end Roomba for you mouth breathers.

My pain in pulling a Marie weeks ago is the Goon's gain.

~Lvl67 and im feeding her HP/Def/SPR pots too. Fear the Marioomba

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Summoned my first Base 5 star today, Ramza. I'm not sure if he's the best, but I'm glad to finally have one.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm pretty sure this is not the case for me...

Yeah it didn't work. I need to finish equip shield for Refia first probably.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Threw 10 tickets in to the abyss and got 2 more Refias as well as my first Mercedes, so that's a nice silver lining. Got Cecil #7 but no more Zidanes. Hopefully the 1/2 daily pulls make up for that since a 3rd dual wield would be nice.

Ace is better than Queen, IMO, but yeah it sucks when your only 5 star base is a Type-0 unit since those units all suck. I feel your pain

I mean I guess it's not like a Duane or some poo poo like I used to get stuck with but super lovely rainbow pulls sure do a number on any ambition I have to keep grinding. Maybe I'll give fire emblem heroes a go for a while and see if any ambition to play this game comes back

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

The bonus we get per clear is 8% per level and we're already getting 3.9k per PRO clear. Ifrit's going to probably get up in to the mid-high teens, possibly higher, and if that happens we'll be looking at 5-6k points or more per PRO clear.

Yeah, I'm being too pessimistic with only half a day into the event. Getting into the high teens quickly will help a lot with not having to manage Ifrit orbs too much.

Really I'm just shooting for the 1.2m for Y'shtola. Getting a 5* is way harder than getting a whole +10%TM.

Anyways, I threw some tickets into the gatcha hole hoping for Refia. Got a few losers, moogles for characters I don't have (mostly Type Zero characters so I'll just toss the moogles), and after five pulls got my first Refia! Also got a Minfilia ahead of schedule. Flame Guard might help against Ifrit elite if my offense wasn't poo poo so eh.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

8 slots. Actually more like 930+ now

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Also is this a decent spot to dump some tickets? I already scooped two Zidane today with tickets, and I have like seven Cecils and an Excalibur already. Is it worthwhile to go decently deep on this for Gilgamesh and Noctis and stuff?

I also have two or three Chorizo and a Refia... it's probably not worth trying to get the 5*s?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Ifrit ran away. :wtf:
I've never seen that happen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Thancred #6, whee. At this rate he will definitely be my first TMR just by sheer numbers.

• Locked thread