Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Cross-Section posted:

I think she's a lot better looking than the presets, but people on GAF have been making some pretty decent ones from the ]

Quite happy with my Indian Sara Ryder too. Might play her in the full game even. While the Frostbyte engine is too glossy in general, dark hair is too dull though. And custom Sara Ryder has far fewer derp moments :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

Asian femshep looks the best so far. Looks like a real person.
Let's not get crazy here.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Is there a decent looking male ryder? I went with the default for the trial and his scraggly rear end facial hair pains me, I turned the helmet on whenever it's equipped but this does not save me when he's in casual wear. Maybe I can get a casual bandanna to wear over my face.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

M. Night Skymall posted:

Maybe I can get a casual bandanna to wear over my face.

If this exists you need to name him Antifa Ryder.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I did a custom male Ryder and am pretty happy with how he came out. He ended up looking like Sullivan Stapleton which seems pretty appropriate for killing thousands of aliens.

His eyes are a little too close together and his dad picked up the trait which made him look pretty lol

I started with preset 2 I think? Maybe 3? The silly blond one.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Glenn Quebec posted:

Asian femshep looks the best so far. Looks like a real person.

Confused/terrified manRyder was far superior.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
One thing I saw that was promising was that I went off the beaten track while exploring Eos and came across an encounter that was not already marked on my map. I saw a cave, I went into the cave because I was curious and there was stuff to do. This felt like real exploration instead of ticking off a task list.

(Now that I think about it, you actually do this a few times in the prologue where depending on the path you take you can trigger or not a bunch of small encounters.)

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Cross-Section posted:

I think she's a lot better looking than the presets, but people on GAF have been making some pretty decent ones from the CC:

Yep, I made one from the same base as the 1st and 3rd and it came out alright.

Megazver posted:

Has anyone made any half-decent dudes?

I have but all my screenshots are hosed up, like my videocard is on fire (it's not). Kinda generic but less douchey than the default. I'll try to post screenshots/codes at launch.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
who uses the default characters anyway? why would you?

my biggest complaint is the hair/facial hair options all suck, but I usually wear my helmet at all possible times anyway.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I just caught up on this thread and jfc the posters defending this game as REAL GOOD are embarrassing

like, ok maybe its not gonna be DA2 bad, but have some loving self respect

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I have some kind of mental block that makes me terrible at this type of character creator so I'll frequently go with the default just to save myself the aggravation.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Cross-Section posted:

I think she's a lot better looking than the presets, but people on GAF have been making some pretty decent ones from the CC:

Huh. That middle one is better than what I'd thought the game could come up with. She looks even better than DadRyder.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I'm still kind of amazed at just how bad the hair looks for everyone.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

my biggest complaint is the hair/facial hair options all suck, but I usually wear my helmet at all possible times anyway.

Yeah the beard options are real bad. I tried to do a full beard and it just looks like someone scribbled on him with a marker. I didn't like the hair options much either but the beards are bad

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's your boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MEKM2amQ2E

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Serf posted:

I loved TW3 but it is very different from the kind of game Bioware makes, and does not fill the same niche at all.

Bravo and well put.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I find it hilarious that the (some) presets are so terrible looking (the black girl, I think it's the 7th actually looks like a human) when people have taken them and made better looking characters using the custom settings. Like, looks are subjective and all, but I'm not necessarily talking about attractiveness, I mean some of them just look stupid as hell until you remove the hooker makeup and play with the sliders a little bit.

e: yeah the hair is all poo poo tho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Moola posted:

I just caught up on this thread and jfc the posters defending this game as REAL GOOD are embarrassing

like, ok maybe its not gonna be DA2 bad, but have some loving self respect

This thread is 90% people dunking on goofy animations and 10% people who hope it will be a fun game, literally nobody in here is a Bioware Superfan and part of the reason this thread is a dumpster fire is that those 90% seem to think they're brutally owning the rest of us with their truth bombs.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I know there is a huge amount of :tinfoil: around here but is the mass effect subreddit has GOT to be full of shills, right? Every thread is "Oh the animations aren't that bad. Everyone is trashing the dialogue but I actually love the characters! omg guys the combat is the best!"

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
One major problem with mass effect 2 is the goddamn hint popups. I started replaying it and after an hour I had to download the coalesced editor and disable them entirely.

Is ME:A the same way or can they be disabled ingame or don't appear after the tutorial whatever?

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

poisonpill posted:

I know there is a huge amount of :tinfoil: around here but is the mass effect subreddit has GOT to be full of shills, right? Every thread is "Oh the animations aren't that bad. Everyone is trashing the dialogue but I actually love the characters! omg guys the combat is the best!"

The bit about loving the characters (who get very little characterization or exposition in the segment we have access to) is weird but the rest is pretty accurate.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

poisonpill posted:

mass effect subreddit

Shepard, I think I've found the problem.

Serf
May 5, 2011

poisonpill posted:

I sincerely hope the :tinfoil: is real even though I don't believe it because that would be the funniest way to waste money ever in a world of streamers, youtube, and this incredibly bad-idea demo.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Is there a free trial version of EA Access, or do I need to shell out $5 for a month to get in on it before release?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

precision posted:

Shepard, I think I've found the problem.

lol

every time i try to read a subreddit i come running back to these forums.

At least here we don't get endless chains of puns and people turning everything into song lyric references.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

My male Ryder looked pretty good.

Looked fairly Normal and most scenes.

If I buy this on disc for the xbone does it have to reinstall to continue my progress from the downloaded trial?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll chime in and say I liked how my Sara Ryder turned out. Frankly though I wanted Cora's haircut.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
By the way I skipped the 500 pages between yesterday afternoon and this morning, did the goon who said "I just got spoilers and it retroactively ruined Mass Effect 1-3" ever pony up?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Face animation looks like Pingu, eyes are derpy and gottapoopgottapoop walks look hilarious

I still preordered and will enjoy this space opera in tyol 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

precision posted:

This thread is 90% people dunking on goofy animations and 10% people who hope it will be a fun game, literally nobody in here is a Bioware Superfan and part of the reason this thread is a dumpster fire is that those 90% seem to think they're brutally owning the rest of us with their truth bombs.

This is a good and accurate post and it's a shame it's too long to be the thread title

ME:Andromeda - a dumpster fire full of truth bombs

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mymla posted:

Honestly, I kinda want to play witcher 3, but I really don't want to play as Gerald from the River.

Will Cyberpunk 2077 have character customization?

Witcher 3 doesn't make any sense without Geralt, sorry. The story revolves around his established relationships with other characters.

Mymla posted:

I don't like that he's a dude, but I could deal with that if he didn't also read like a 15 year old boy's original D&D character.

He presents himself that way but he's really a cranky doofus.

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 17, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

Watching Austin Walker try to replicate PeeBee's teeth-baring face was some funny poo poo.

Speaking of which, I noticed that Andromeda and RE7 both have really loving detailed teeth on the character models. Was there some advancement in teeth-rendering technology recently?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

monster on a stick posted:

By the way I skipped the 500 pages between yesterday afternoon and this morning, did the goon who said "I just got spoilers and it retroactively ruined Mass Effect 1-3" ever pony up?

Nope.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Arglebargle III posted:

Witcher 3 doesn't make any sense without Geralt, sorry. The story revolves around his established relationships with other characters.

gently caress that I want to be a pantless peasant who calls everyone a whoreson.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Might have been the genophage one? The krogan just... got better during the time spend in cryo, so it's no longer a thing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hell I missed the part where someone says that the game retroactively ruined me 1-3. And besides:

1) I don't think any game can travel back in time and ruin the good times I had with other games.

2) People already said 3 retroactively ruined the other ME games for them.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

They linked to stuff which was speculation based on spoilery things that happened in the trial section.

poisonpill posted:

The animations aren't good but the minor issues are less of a problem when you're not watching a gif on a loop. Characters like the Poet / Makeup Gun Victim aren't the norm.

Also male Ryder has fewer problems (not none, just fewer) and I'd wager more people are playing a male character than a female one.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Spikeguy posted:

Hell I missed the part where someone says that the game retroactively ruined me 1-3. And besides:

1) I don't think any game can travel back in time and ruin the good times I had with other games.

2) People already said 3 retroactively ruined the other ME games for them.

Maybe if Mass Effect 3 was Robocop 3 then ME:A is... oh god... Robocop the TV series.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What MP kits are unlocked from the start? I know KroGuard is one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Might have been the genophage one? The krogan just... got better during the time spend in cryo, so it's no longer a thing.

Which is like the dumbest thing ever too. How the gently caress would they experience any biological changes while literally frozen.. Just say the AIs came up with a solution because they're super smart and the trip took 600 years. Or poo poo, Krogan live for thousands of years anyways, they could've just figured it out themselves along the way.

But in the end, Bioware knows that the people want krogan, and so they get krogan.