Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon
May 22, 2003

Well I knew that you had to get the ball in the goal but I didn't understand all the passing and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
It's a funny old game

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
just close this sub forum jesus loving christ

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

webmeister posted:

It's a funny old game

You can say that again. The menu system makes absolutely no sense at all this year

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Weaponized Cum posted:

i'm sorry that you don't like people getting into soccer in nonstandard ways my friend

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

EvilHawk posted:

Yes other leagues (particularly La Liga) do a lot to assist the likes of Real and Barca, but also those teams basically run the league so can dictate terms.

:getin:

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Lemon posted:

Well I knew that you had to get the ball in the goal but I didn't understand all the passing and stuff.

Is this a Josh Lyman alt?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

EvilHawk posted:

Every team that goes deep into the European competitions complains about fixture scheduling (myself included), and fans of all their rivals laugh at them (myself included). Especially if you're competing on 3+ fronts. I think there was a point last season when if we went further in the FA cup there wouldn't have been enough weeks to fit in all the fixtures without moving a bunch of stuff around.

Yes other leagues (particularly La Liga) do a lot to assist the likes of Real and Barca, but also those teams basically run the league so can dictate terms.

No, other leagues just don't have a retarded cup system like England

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Lemon posted:

i'm sorry that you don't like people getting into soccer in nonstandard ways my friend

soccer liking is binary, bro

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

It obviously doesn't work all the time, but IIRC La Liga are a lot more flexible around kick off times etc. giving teams in Europe the maximum time between fixtures (usually)

Dunban posted:

No, other leagues just don't have a retarded cup system like England

That's true and it'd be nice if the League Cup was wrapped up by the New Year (around the same time as a winter break) so you're not playing two-three months in four competitions.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

It obviously doesn't work all the time, but IIRC La Liga are a lot more flexible around kick off times etc. giving teams in Europe the maximum time between fixtures (usually)

Serie A does this too.

Doesn't seem to help much though.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Strawman posted:

He's not Norwegian, he's only 25!

lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/842751824016891908

I can't believe they beat Man United to the punch

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
oh no the new guy isn't winning the respect of the people who have been embarrassing themselves daily with their bad opinions for years

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

trem_two posted:

True warriors these, wearing their tires on their sleeves.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

hadji murad posted:

oh no the new guy isn't winning the respect of the people who have been embarrassing themselves daily with their bad opinions for years

Actually he is better than shrapnac because he didn't just pick the team who win stuff, the boro plastic is a cool guy and i support him

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

hadji murad posted:

Didn't you spend the past two seasons defending Chelseas sale of Lukaku because he is shite and definitely not good at all?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I remember josh Lyman hit the loving plastic jackpot supporting Leicester for a laugh, who then won the league in one of the most unforseeable sporting successes in a century, which would have turned any normal person into a lifelong devotee of the club. And then just didn't care and stopped posting, also I think he was a nonce or something I don't know what the deal was with that

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I think we should all support Boro during this trying time.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Paddyb posted:

I think we should all support Boro during this trying time.

:agreed:

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
ill become a boro fan if they score 2 goals on sunday

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Hegay posted:

Didn't you spend the past two seasons defending Chelseas sale of Lukaku because he is shite and definitely not good at all?

I said a loan was a better move for a guy who wasn't going to get into the team because Jose wouldn't give him a chance. Had nothing to do with Lukaku's quality.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

fat gay nonce posted:

Actually he is better than shrapnac because he didn't just pick the team who win stuff, the boro plastic is a cool guy and i support him

I'm sorry the team I picked to support when I was a child upsets you.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

trem_two posted:

wheel out the cripples, theyll never know the difference

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I quite like The Boro. They're always pretty poo poo but then they'll sign a ridiculous high profile player from nowhere and we'll all be like 'how the gently caress did that happen'? Then they'll be relegated.

Gibson seems like a top bloke too and I like that he's not a trigger happy retard and gives people a fair crack at the job.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

wheel out the cripples, theyll never know the difference

wheelchairs need tires. great synergy here.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I've just realized gently caress City is a terrible insult.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bea Nanner posted:

I've just realized gently caress City is a terrible insult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxnDxfVs64c&app=desktop

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Lemon posted:

It was the year that we won the league cup, can you blame me? I knew no better.

Also regarding learning it from a video game yeah it was wierd. Everyone in the house played Pro Evo so I had to get into it or have nothing to do. After a couple of months someone turned on an actual game of football and I thought "Wow I understand this now"

Youre alright by me, friend.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Weaponized Cum posted:

This forum was dead af in the summer and has somewhat come alive again so idk may not be best to run out innocent plastics who are at least somewhat rueful about it

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Parity warning posted:

This forum was dead af in the summer and has somewhat come alive again so idk may not be best to run out innocent plastics who are at least somewhat rueful about it

It's been especially dead the last couple weeks, but otherwise I agree.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Activity in the forum ebbs and flows just like a football match between Stoke and Villa

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

We need Liverpool or Arsenal to win something so all the posters that used to be here come back. Sadly that doesn't look like happening anytime soon. RIP our gay forum.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
by that logic why are Man U fans still posting?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

TRP's glory days are over that makes us all the opposite of gloryhunters we should be proud

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

hadji murad posted:

by that logic why are Man U fans still posting?

When was the last time you saw a taff(tm) or ninpo(tm) effortpost?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
haha guy who went to a university in middlesbrough not very intelligent shocker

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

No one effort posts any more. We're just old cynical dicks with no place else to go.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

blue footed boobie posted:

I haven't been posting at all tbh. Plus whenever I effort post people have a go so I cba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
We can all do better if we really try, and i like the middlesbroro guy. Don't forget next season Leeds United will be in the premier league

• Locked thread