Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

been getting some interesting reports today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

aleksendr posted:

Please dont do that to your cat. The reason they have this reaction is that a cucumbers on the floor look like a snakes to them, one of their natural predator in the wild.

The human equivalents would be dressing up as a knife wielding mugger and sneaking behind you while you eat.

If you cant capture and resell cargo due to <DREAMS.JPG> then you cant have pirates or privaters.

Congratulation, you just invalidated 10% of your lore, the whole reason Grim Hex exist, 4-5 concept ships sold as "ideal pirate ships", removed a reason for boarding parties and turned your "pirate factions" into Reavers erzats that kill for no reasons.

<slow clap>

They do that because they have a mental map of their surroundings. And while they are eating they are in a vulnerable state. So when they discover their "map" is dead wrong with a largish (to them) object directly behind them they flip out. You can do with most any object.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TheAgent posted:

hello
  • almost none of the stretch goals listed in the kickstarter will be implemented
  • release will be a total MVP to drudge up sales around oct/nov this year
  • free weekends brought almost no new players into the game
  • staff will be cut following release, including some high profile people
  • patches will add additional cash shop items but less and less gameplay
  • story and promised single player content will be pushed to TBA
  • heavily focused on the MMO portion
  • players who have spent over $1,000 consist of 99% of ongoing sales
  • peak players for Feb 2017 averaged less than 160
  • monthly income cannot cover expenditures
  • big name CEO is using own funds to cover the losses
shroud of the avatar

These are fun because there's nothing going on that we can see in this most open of game development that would disprove any of them

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

Derek, are you going to try to contact that Dangerous Analysis guy?

uhm, who is that, and why should I be contacting him? Clearly I'm missing something?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

nawledgelambo posted:

how are these people so god damned dumb that it takes one AtV of "we're still very early WIP on pretty much everything you can fly to" then show more spaceships at the end for them to be "Praise CIG!!!! everything is well and fine!!! We're saved from our transgressions of doubt and uncertainty!!!!"

I'm guessing you've never been in a cult, then?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm the backer who, upon hearing that people are faking refund reports to make Star Citizen look bad, starts to fake refund reports.

:allears:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/842855826893299714

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They do that because they have a mental map of their surroundings. And while they are eating they are in a vulnerable state. So when they discover their "map" is dead wrong with a largish (to them) object directly behind them they flip out. You can do with most any object.

Are you talking about the cattes or Shitizens?

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

D_Smart posted:

uhm, who is that, and why should I be contacting him? Clearly I'm missing something?

He's a YouTube guy who does video essays, the only one I've seen concerned the dodgy poo poo that Tim Schaefer does with crowd funding. He's said he's working on an expose of SC.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

D_Smart posted:

I'm guessing you've never been in a cult, then?

:allears:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/842855826893299714

LOL at anyone who uses "false flag op" seriously and often in their day-to-day communications.

Star Citizen and Derek Smart are perfect for each other. They're both ridiculous scams.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

actually r/dereksmart is all goons that are just pretending to be really stupid stalkers to make star citizen look bad. It's part of Operation Ditzkreig but I've already said too much.

Time for "Operation Shut the gently caress Up Space Crabs or Get Your Underwater Sleeping Bag Ready Cos You'll Be Back Sleeping With The Fishes Again", you know what I mean? You are putting at risk all the money we have spent on this Op with your loose lips, we can't afford to lose the $0 we have invested, it's all we have got. :cripes:

Capiche? :colbert:

I'd like to self nominate that 'Capiche' as the best use of it so far in this thread

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 17, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

quote:

Nope, not that either. Latest patch from last week enables the defense vehicles; next patch allows user (non-dev) control. It's called progress because, you know, we have like a schedule and everything.

And yeah, silly you. LoD is more of a game now, than Star Citizen will ever aspire to be.

:lol::lol:

Well good for you! I know it was an overdue promise, but glad to see you making progress.

Just a question: are vehicles still controlled as an attachment to the camera editor or do they have true freedom of movement now?

An "overdue promise"? You're hilarious. Again, you must be thinking of Star Citizen which has made promises it can't possibly keep. Me? I'm just building a game and didn't give anyone any promises, let alone any guarantees of performance, features etc. Not my style, and never was.

NOTE: As seen in these shots, we've had vehicles in the game since 2011. And that was after barely 18 months of dev.

The game's flight dynamics model isn't "an attachment to the camera editor". Whatever the gently caress that even means. Again, you must be thinking of Star Citizen.

I recall some rear end-clown Shitizen, in yet another blatant display of self-own, had created a video of LoD in which he was using an external "view" camera, to "fly" a fighter. It was one of the dumbest things I have ever watched. But knowing that some gamers are in fact dumb, I just disabled that view cam. Problem solved. The most hilarious part is that these are the same people who won't be trying to "fly" a craft in Star Citizen using the CryEngine theatre cam.

FACT: I tend to write high fidelity flight dynamics engines. I wrote the basis of this one back in early nineties, and polished it over the years to its current implementation in the Universal Combat CE game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EatDs9Q-WYM

...and that's from a 2009 (!) game that went into dev back in 2005. It's all about the math. Once you get the math right, you don't have to fake anything.

For LoD, since it's a totally different type of game that doesn't require a high fidelity flight dynamics engine. So the current version works just fine, and is still light years ahead of anything that's ever going into Star Citizen.

Bonus point. I wrote a new dev blog today as part of the patch's official release today. See if you can spot the jab.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did anyone say man of many anuses yet

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anyone

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
did they say that yet

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/842863549324124160

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
man

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
of

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
many

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anuses

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
5th post

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Space Crabs posted:

last year in the discord and at some point in the old thread someone supposedly in the know was posting about it.

The imaginarium is the most expensive option possible, and they don't even let you in the door for less than $15,000,000 supposedly.

We know it had to be expensive because after the first round of shooting at the imaginarium Chris Roberts proudly declared they were building four of their own motion capture studios "to save on motion capture costs," which is where pictures of Sandi surrounded by 50 DSLRs came from.

Which is made even funnier by the fact they went back to the imaginarium for the entire last year, and are apparently still shooting there, without saying one word about it. Backers kinda gloss over it.

TheAgent and Eightace leaks put the cost at $29,000,000 in just shooting costs, later revised to $40,0000,000 and then later re-revised "to upwards of $60,000,000"

How many times have they finally done the very last mocap shoot ever? It's bound to be a dozen times at least

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Spambox still empty :smith:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/842869884459540480

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

eonwe posted:

5th post

You've been missed!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen Newsletter - Return of the Chairman
March 17th, 2017

Greetings Citizen.
This week, I’m visiting the studio in Manchester to help with Squadron 42 and do reviews on all aspects of Star Citizen. I’m impressed with the developments thus far and look forward to sharing them with all of you. Next week, I’ll follow up this UK visit with a trip to the Frankfurt studio.

It seems I’m not the only person at CIG with a travel-heavy schedule. The Community Team has traversed the convention and festival circuit from GDC in San Francisco, to PAX East in Boston, and South By Southwest in Austin. Tomorrow at South By Southwest, Tyler Witkin, John Erskine, Marissa Meissner, and Eric Green will give audiences a behind-the-scenes look at how we are building one of gaming’s most passionate communities. They’ll discuss in detail the Evocati, the Issue Council, Spectrum and RSI’s weekly video programming among many other topics. For more info on “The Star Citizen Community: A Crowdfunded Success Story,” check out the South By Southwest schedule here.

With the release of Star Marine and the updates to Arena Commander, it’s easy to forget that there will be a lot of other ways to make a living in the Star Citizen universe that don’t involve a loaded weapon. That’s why Tony and I sat down for a special 10 for the Chairman to talk about professions in 3.0, specifically mining and cargo. Even though we’re still actively developing the system, it's been great to focus on an element of the game outside of combat, which will help breathe life into the universe. You can find a link to the episode in the newsletter. Lastly, to all our Irish fans out there, have a Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

-- Chris Roberts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ayn Marx posted:

You've been missed!

hey

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kosumo posted:

Time for "Operation Shut the gently caress Up Space Crabs or Get Your Underwater Sleeping Bag Ready Cos You'll Be Back Sleeping With The Fishes Again", you know what I mean? You are putting at risk all the money we have spent on this Op with your loose lips, we can't afford to lose the $0 we have invested, it's all we have got. :cripes:

Capiche? :colbert:

I'd like to self nominate that 'Capiche' as the best use of it so far in this thread

Hey, gently caress you. You can try and make this look like a joke all you want buddy but the truth is out now.

The only thing keeping me from doing a tell-all is that I'm lazy and no backers have approached me.

I'm high enough in the echelon to get the rare dark green discord color, and dislike derek enough to consistently make fun of him.

I'm a traitor in the making but backers are afraid of the truth and are too cowardly to find out which of them is also Derek Smart.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Oh look, it's an iron maiden.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Join or die :ohdear:

Is Sandi in opposition to liberal Californians atm? What a strange thing to wear to work.

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Natives are getting restless.

:j::j::j::j::j::j::j::j:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Star Citizen Newsletter - Return of the Chairman
March 17th, 2017

Greetings Citizen.
This week, I’m visiting the studio in Manchester to help with Squadron 42 and do reviews on all aspects of Star Citizen. I’m impressed with the developments thus far and look forward to sharing them with all of you. Next week, I’ll follow up this UK visit with a trip to the Frankfurt studio.

It seems I’m not the only person at CIG with a travel-heavy schedule. The Community Team has traversed the convention and festival circuit from GDC in San Francisco, to PAX East in Boston, and South By Southwest in Austin. Tomorrow at South By Southwest, Tyler Witkin, John Erskine, Marissa Meissner, and Eric Green will give audiences a behind-the-scenes look at how we are building one of gaming’s most passionate communities. They’ll discuss in detail the Evocati, the Issue Council, Spectrum and RSI’s weekly video programming among many other topics. For more info on “The Star Citizen Community: A Crowdfunded Success Story,” check out the South By Southwest schedule here.

With the release of Star Marine and the updates to Arena Commander, it’s easy to forget that there will be a lot of other ways to make a living in the Star Citizen universe that don’t involve a loaded weapon. That’s why Tony and I sat down for a special 10 for the Chairman to talk about professions in 3.0, specifically mining and cargo. Even though we’re still actively developing the system, it's been great to focus on an element of the game outside of combat, which will help breathe life into the universe. You can find a link to the episode in the newsletter. Lastly, to all our Irish fans out there, have a Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

-- Chris Roberts

READ: It's always better to deliver bad news in person.

Wait for it.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Because all the sc ships with airplane wings were totally designed with functionality in mind. Uh huh.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

“The Star Citizen Community: A Crowdfunded Success Story,”

lmao, that's some loving nerve right there

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

The guy vacations in Monaco and is living the life. It is a success from his perspective.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

READ: It's always better to deliver bad news in person.

Wait for it.

Out with it.

Be ahead of the game instead of I told you so in my blog. Bask in glory. Make citizens uncomfortable that you were demonstrably right. For once in your life. Tell it straight up.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

big nipples big life posted:

The crowd funding campaign was a success. The actual making of a game, not so much.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Even if Chris closed an entire studio I imagine they could keep it under wraps for several months.

Any individuals let go can be assured it'll come with an iron-clad NDA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014