Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Well I just pulled a Chizuru. So out of the handful I've done, I got 1 Zidane and 1 Chizuru.

I'm still pissed about the moogles. I sent in a message to bitch and got a generic "sorry, we really are trying to make this a great experience for all of our gamers. Thank you for this input"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm just selling all of the dumb moogles if they aren't for someone I use or want to use.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I got a Ring of Lucci Moogle. Some day little friend, some day.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Lemon King posted:

Ifrit ran away. :wtf:
I've never seen that happen before.

Yea apparently he runs on turn 5 on INT-PRO if you don't get him down

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I can't get ELT down. The damage just seems to come in big chunks randomly and I can't find that right rythym. I guess I'll just keep 1-round smashing pro.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Don't get discouraged people, run PRO. If we get him up to level 25, Pro runs should be almost enough.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Cartoon Man posted:

Don't get discouraged people, run PRO. If we get him up to level 25, Pro runs should be almost enough.

What are we qualifying as "enough" here? Cause I'm totally happy with just getting the three characters and their equipment.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Go RV! posted:

What are we qualifying as "enough" here? Cause I'm totally happy with just getting the three characters and their equipment.

I'd be happy just getting the three characters myself, but I don't see that happening, since I am pathetically weak and to even do PRO I need an absurdly powerful goon friend to 100% carry me, so I'm relying mostly on ADV runs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Most goons want Yshtola. It should be manageable with Pro runs if we get to level 25. However, you may not be able to sleep at night...

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

If the math works out you can burn some 100 lapis for 5 Ifrit runs. Since you get your Ifrit orbs back when you rank up (thanks Dockworker for confirming that) you can focus on rank grinding at Vile Peaks: Alluring Winds with your energy too. Obviously save your lapis until the last couple days when Ifrit will be at his highest level.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'd be happy just getting the three characters myself, but I don't see that happening, since I am pathetically weak and to even do PRO I need an absurdly powerful goon friend to 100% carry me, so I'm relying mostly on ADV runs.

You do realize those coins you're getting while farming can also get you Y'shtola right? The Y'shtola from points is there as a "the RNG screwed you hundreds/thousands of times so here's a consolation prize."

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Looks like Thancred will be my first 100% TM, Sad.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
FWIW, I took my ~6.7 million damage PRO team into ELT and did ~1.8 million on the first turn (and was promptly destroyed on Ifrit's turn).

And according to wiki, Radiant Plume (500% AoE attack) fires on turns 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, etc. Anyone try a defend strategy for those turns?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Just had a lengthy discussion on discord about Bushido Freedom. Bottom line, it's a viable strategy if equipped on a low ATK Cecil but never put it on Ling. Ling has innate man eater which means it will hit your party for more than 2,000 - 2,500 damage which causes problems. On Cecil, it should only do 500-1200ish, much more manageable.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Took some experimenting, but I finally got a workable semi-stable team.

Fire resist is 50% (Flame Mail), 50% (Ifrit esper), 60% (Flame Shield + Force Armour), 20% (Soul Crown + Red Ring), 30% (Minerva Bustier)
Discernment on Noctis, Jeweled Ring on Cecil and Luka.
Its a bit sketchy because Luka is still too flimsy and randomly falls over, especially if breaks don't stick, but some gear improvements should fix that.
First round I throw up Deep Blue, Embolden and Barfira and try to break him (prioritizing Mag), then try to do as much damage as possible before the first round of buffs expire. Pretty reliant on a holy Noctis friend to elemental chain with in order to deal enough damage before things go south, and even that probably won't be doable for long before his HP simply becomes too high. Ah well.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Evil Fluffy posted:

You do realize those coins you're getting while farming can also get you Y'shtola right? The Y'shtola from points is there as a "the RNG screwed you hundreds/thousands of times so here's a consolation prize."

I'm working under the assumption that the RNG is going to hate me.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

Well poo poo, went all in on the player's choice banner just like I did during the noctis event. Did two 11 pulls and burned through 30 of my 40 forty tickets but I finally got noctis. Golbez was the only rainbow I'd seen previously. My current party is Vaan, CoD, Refia, Exdeath, and Cecil. Should I just replace CoD at this point?

I see variations of him in my friends list, but is he easier to build for atk or mag? I have no TM rewards, but will probably have dual wield soon thanks to this banner.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Iakona posted:

Well poo poo, went all in on the player's choice banner just like I did during the noctis event. Did two 11 pulls and burned through 30 of my 40 forty tickets but I finally got noctis. Golbez was the only rainbow I'd seen previously. My current party is Vaan, CoD, Refia, Exdeath, and Cecil. Should I just replace CoD at this point?

I see variations of him in my friends list, but is he easier to build for atk or mag? I have no TM rewards, but will probably have dual wield soon thanks to this banner.

I would absolutely drop Vaan from that party without question.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Iakona posted:

Drop Vaan. Noctis can break stats if necessary and Vaan is dead weight.

e: Did 10 more tickets because I'm weak willed. Got my first Arc and Garnet(wtf) along with dupes of butz, artemios, and alma and more cecils. When I finally got a 5* crystal IT WAS ANOTHER MOTHERFUCKING QUEEN. gently caress you Gumi. Glad I don't spend money on this goddamn game.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 17, 2017

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Iakona posted:

Nobody ever builds Noctis for Mag. You can pick up some incidental mag bonuses where possible, but optimizing attack is almost always the most efficient.
Even if Flask damage is of high importance (but why?), high end builds gain more Flask damage from a few points of attack than a large mag bump.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Finally, the players choice banner! For my half pull, got Cecil #4 then decided to use a few tickets:

Guy #4 + Moogle for Lightning
Maria + Moogle for Edgar
Krile + Moogle for Jack
Hope + Moogle for Emperor
Firion + Moogle for Marie

My last few half pulls have been Bedile, Rakshasa, Lani, Shadow and Shera x3. The only base 5* units are Marie and Delita (lol) that I got from the free 11 pull, and I've been playing since June of last year. Thanks for taunting me, banner :saddowns:

Decided to do an Ifrit Raid multi-summon with ~4000 points, because I can't have worse luck than than right?

Thancred x 8

:kingsley:

Got about 100 tickets saved up waiting for Orlandu (lol), now just debating how many of them I want to blow to get 20 more Bediles. Where are all my Zidanes :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chasiu fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 17, 2017

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
:siren:
Could all the goons packing Deathbringer on their Noctii swap to Excalibur? (Unless you have a cadre of dark damage dealers of course)
Elemental chains make taking down Ifrit much more feasible.
Also don't forget to switch to Ifrit for people still using Odin. (and that one goon using Golem for some reason)

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Daily DORAW gave me another Chiz so I can start farming Blade Mastery
I did an 11 pull

2 More Chizuru's
and a bunch of other stuff and a Cecil. Oh and a Leo finally.

I cannot hold all this cheese

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Wheee! Did my 2nd 11 pull on the players choice banner and got Noctis, Refia, Cecil x3, and Zidane. That makes up for my crappy first one.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I think my friend might have won worst roll award.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

unless you've got five dual wields already a pull with a zidane cannot possibly be the worst

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Nuebot posted:

I think my friend might have won worst roll award.

no pull with a Cecil and a zidane can be 'worst 11 pull'

edit: not even a bedile!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Peachfart posted:

no pull with a Cecil and a zidane can be 'worst 11 pull'

edit: not even a bedile!

"No Bedile" was what I said :colbert:

Meanwhile I'm swimming in Genji Glove and Moonblade moogles and I don't want to sell them because what if. What if I get those guys.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
It needs a lot of leveling up, but my new party consists of:

Cecil, Noctics, Chizuru, Exdeath, and Refia. This seems like a much better composition.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So is there a best way to outfit Ramza? Is he more of a support unit, or can he do well with magical / phyiscal attacking with the right TMs? I notice he has Ultima.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ramza has a decent amount of attack but since the best you can do is like, put a barrage on him i really think it would be a huge waste to gear him for attack at all. realistically he's just a buffer, but also his base mp is kind of lovely. i've got him with a dualcast and mag/mp gear and use him to doublecast ultima in arena which chains with doublecast meteor pretty easily.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Did my 3 planned 11-pulls on this banner, and they came out pretty good!

Two rainbows, the Refia I needed, and a pile of units to speed up TMRs. Brings me a total of 7 cecils, 5 zidanes (+1 already 100%), 6 chizurus (+1 100%)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
You should be able to fuse multiple moogles for the same person into one super moogle to save space.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

You should be able to fuse multiple moogles for the same person into one super moogle to save space.

I think they just added that feature to JP (or are planning to soon).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

McSpankWich posted:

I just wish they counted as 1% moogles if you fuse them into the wrong person so I could get rid of them all without feeling bad.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
3 11-pulls, 2 zidanes and no chizurus

I have TWO Ramzas now though! :unsmith:

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
30 tickets. 25,000 Lapis worth of 11 pulls.

No Chizuru, not a single rainbow. 1 Refia, 3 Zidanes, 4 Cecil and one very broken urge to keep playing this game. I think overall I maybe got 9 gold crystals out of over 80 pulls.

But hey, I got 2 Ring of the Lucii moogles AND a Brave Suit moogle to help rub more salt in the wound.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Got a Minfilia from the coin summon. Which I could max her out since she'd be pretty useful for Ifrit right now, but I can't imagine running Timber Tracks Exploration nonstop.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

HGH posted:

Got a Minfilia from the coin summon. Which I could max her out since she'd be pretty useful for Ifrit right now, but I can't imagine running Timber Tracks Exploration nonstop.

Dehumanize yourself and face to Unit exp efficiency. :kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So is there a best way to outfit Ramza? Is he more of a support unit, or can he do well with magical / phyiscal attacking with the right TMs? I notice he has Ultima.

Is how I have my Ramza set up. Materia is dualcast and 3x letters and arms. Would normally have earrings equipped over the jeweled ring but I need paralyze resist for this event. King Mog events I usually solo with my Noctis and Ramza. For stronger bosses Ramza takes more of a support role with an occasional dual ultima when I can fit it in. For example on elt ifrit Ramza starts off with his mag break (40% for 5 turns) then his atk break on the next turn (40% for 5 turns) then dual casts ultima the rest of the time depending on the friend unit I bring. I can usually kill elt before his breaks wear off or just as they wear off. That's if his breaks land if they don't then I have to switch up my strategy a bit. He's also great at providing a bit of back up healing or cheer buff. Once Ramza enhancements come out though mine will be 7.8k hp 500+ spr and 300+ def and he will just sing forever.

I freed up some friend slots for anyone who wants a 864 atk Noctis with Ifrit and a ribbon equipped for this event. 180,156,530

By the way any goons with dps units as a friend unit please equip some sort of paralyze resist on them if they don't innately resist it and set their esper to Ifrit.

• Locked thread