Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Feenix posted:

I've finally gotten 4 more Spirit Orbs (after my initial 4). I am far away. Is the general expectation that I fast travel to the prayer place?

Also: My first 4 I went with Stamina. Should I keep that up first? Or get more than my default 3 hearts?

There are prayer places all over the place, I think in every major town. You're going to want to fast travel a lot. World is big. You're going to want more hearts, if only because enemies hit like a truck sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok thanks for the good advice. Is there a prayer place in Kakariko village? I'm not seeing it.

Also, I found an orange circular pedestal in the ground above Kakariko. Can't seem to interact. SHould I not worry about it? I stamped it for later.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Feenix posted:

Ok thanks for the good advice. Is there a prayer place in Kakariko village? I'm not seeing it.

Also, I found an orange circular pedestal in the ground above Kakariko. Can't seem to interact. SHould I not worry about it? I stamped it for later.

Yes, directly across from Impa's house.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SettingSun posted:

Yes, directly across from Impa's house.

poo poo. How'd I miss that. Thanks bud!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The great fairies in this game are just too good. TOO GOOD :swoon:

I'm a crazy person and just farmed rupees to buy the ancient set right after unlocking the last fairy, then I grinded a bunch of guardians and upgraded the set a bunch too. I love this set! Maybe there's something wrong with me but I actually think the bucket hat is pretty badass. What does the set bonus do though? Is it just increased damage with ancient weaponry?

Feenix posted:

I've finally gotten 4 more Spirit Orbs (after my initial 4). I am far away. Is the general expectation that I fast travel to the prayer place?

Also: My first 4 I went with Stamina. Should I keep that up first? Or get more than my default 3 hearts?

There will be a statue in every town and village where you can level up, so you don't have to constantly come back to the temple. As for what to level, it really depends on you. A lot of things will one-shot you with that health, but if you're good enough at the combat/sneaking/traveling in safer areas then stamina is great. Stamina will let you explore more easily and let you get around a lot faster.

Eventually you're gonna want hearts so it might be smart to alternate between them, though.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I got up to 5 hearts then put two upgrades into stamina - been all hearts since then. Honestly I think once I get up to two full stamina circles I'll be done with stamina.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Your Computer posted:

I'm a crazy person and just farmed rupees to buy the ancient set right after unlocking the last fairy, then I grinded a bunch of guardians and upgraded the set a bunch too. I love this set! Maybe there's something wrong with me but I actually think the bucket hat is pretty badass. What does the set bonus do though? Is it just increased damage with ancient weaponry?

There will be a statue in every town and village where you can level up, so you don't have to constantly come back to the temple. As for what to level, it really depends on you. A lot of things will one-shot you with that health, but if you're good enough at the combat/sneaking/traveling in safer areas then stamina is great. Stamina will let you explore more easily and let you get around a lot faster.

Eventually you're gonna want hearts so it might be smart to alternate between them, though.

It's not a bucket, look closer :ssh:

I thiiiiiink it's both increased damage and durability? at the very least probably just ancient weapon damage x2

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

spit on my clit posted:

It's not a bucket, look closer :ssh:

I thiiiiiink it's both increased damage and durability? at the very least probably just ancient weapon damage x2

You mean that it looks like a shrine? I know that, I was just talking about the type of hat it is :3:

If that's the effect, it sounds bonkers! With how easy it is to farm Major tests of strength wouldn't that mean a near infinite supply of God-tier weapons?

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Two Questions

1. I sometimes find sets of 3 apple trees standing next to each other in a line in different places in the world. Is this some type of Korok Seed puzzle I haven't figured out or just reused art assets? I've tried blowing them up, and a few other things, but no dice. The reason I ask is they always look identical, and I've found them in strange places like on top of Snowy Mountains or off the beaten path while exploring.

2. In terms of game regions (as in zones with towers), do the quests in the game eventually take you to every region? So far I've been just exploring the areas I get objectives in, and I'm wondering if doing that will take me to every region in the game or if some of them are just on me to explore on my own?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Megasabin posted:

Two Questions

1. I sometimes find sets of 3 apple trees standing next to each other in a line in different places in the world. Is this some type of Korok Seed puzzle I haven't figured out or just reused art assets? I've tried blowing them up, and a few other things, but no dice. The reason I ask is they always look identical, and I've found them in strange places like on top of Snowy Mountains or off the beaten path while exploring.

2. In terms of game regions (as in zones with towers), do the quests in the game eventually take you to every region? So far I've been just exploring the areas I get objectives in, and I'm wondering if doing that will take me to every region in the game or if some of them are just on me to explore on my own?

1.Make the fruits on all the trees match

2. No, as far as I'm aware. I'm about to tackle Ganon in earnest and I've just found a whole village I've never been to.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I'm really missing something with regards to temperature in this game. How do I get to Goron City? Is it one particular armor set? I'm currently rocking a 15 minute level 2 heat protection elixir with an icy sword on my back but I'm still getting burnt to a crisp.

I had a similar issue with a few of the high mountains

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Tumble posted:

I'm really missing something with regards to temperature in this game. How do I get to Goron City? Is it one particular armor set? I'm currently rocking a 15 minute level 2 heat protection elixir with an icy sword on my back but I'm still getting burnt to a crisp.

Heat protection and flame protection are different. Weird, I know. Ask around the stables at the foot of the mountain and one of the ladies will sell you some flameproof elixers.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tumble posted:

I had a similar issue with a few of the high mountains

A lady at the stables at the foot of the mountain sells the Fire-Resist potions you need not to die horribly on your way to Goron Town. Three should do it if you beeline for the town.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Flameproof is really lame because it only matters for about 10-20 minutes. After that, you have the armor that makes you flameproof. Then you get a quest that pretty much requires the flameproof armor and the reward is flameproof elixirs. :/

Edit: Haha, I just found the lady that gives me an egg in these trying times.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 17, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cojawfee posted:

Flameproof is really lame because it only matters for about 10-20 minutes. After that, you have the armor that makes you flameproof. Then you get a quest that pretty much requires the flameproof armor and the reward is flameproof elixirs. :/

But you need two pieces of flameproof armor to do the full zone. Yes, if you go in with tons of money you can just do that. But if you don't have tons of rupees on hand, it works out you can buy one piece and use elixirs on top to get by, or go do the quest to get the free piece, or do that other quest and get more elixirs, etc.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I just got the final memory, thought I could puzzle it out with the photo but it turned out to be in an area I hadn't been to before.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Was there someone who buys ore in bulk somewhere?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

DalaranJ posted:

Any NPC will buy ore. There's a Gerudo in Goron City that will buy a certain type at an increased price if you want to get a bit extra.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

There is a Gerudo woman I've sold ore to in Goron town but she seem to constantly change what she buys.

edit If you kill those big stones guys every now and then ore is good money.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Hmm, she just keep talking about buying fireproof elixir from the kid. I assume that means I don't have the jewels she currently wants?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

Hmm, she just keep talking about buying fireproof elixir from the kid. I assume that means I don't have the jewels she currently wants?

I looked it up, you have to beat the divine beast first.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

You need to finish the Death Mountain divine beast first iirc.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Music Chat: I want to say that this song is the best in this game, and it only appears once in a single mini-game that you'll probably never play again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ecM_TSfXIQ

Before finding it on YouTube, I would pay 20 rupees just to stand there on the tower for a bit and listen to it. :shobon:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I am looking forward to seeing what tunes will get into/get remixed in the next Smash Bros.

The composer for BOTW previously managed to take this already chill-rear end song she did for New Leaf and make it into something even better for Smash.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Your Computer posted:

i feel like ive wandered in to RuPaul's Drag Race The Game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Echophonic posted:

More stamina is pretty noticeable early on. I'd say get two stamina upgrades early on, then go from there. A heart or two for your first isn't bad, either. Really can't go wrong.

Seconding this advice, it's exactly what I did. Get a couple stamina upgrades, then take your hearts to 13. After that, all-in on stamina.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there a particular time that Lord of the Mountain spawns at? I've been camping at the Ridgeland tower skipping to night after night and nothing's showing up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Did anyone else just assume cryonis didn't work on swamp muck and not even bother checking

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pollyanna posted:

Is there a particular time that Lord of the Mountain spawns at? I've been camping at the Ridgeland tower skipping to night after night and nothing's showing up.

Just go off adventuring and glance at Satori mountain every so often after dark. You'll know when it's there.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
I hate to say this, but I'm really starting to get fed up with some of the design choices in the game. From the tendency of Link to try and climb a wall even when in combat locked onto an enemy, to the slow and clunky swimming controls (even with the full Zora set upgraded), to the finicky Guardian laser parry window destroying my shields half the time, to the buggy attack animations when fighting Guardian turrets in Hyrule Castle (Link will swing at air trying to hit the eye instead of hitting the base when you're locked on, but you can't see the eye or health bar when you aren't locked on), to the rain + climb mechanics, to the tendency for Perfect Dodges to just, uh, not happen, I'm trying to decide if I want to just finish up the last Beast and the game ASAP, or just stop now.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved most of the game. I even like the durability system once I got a few more weapon slots, as it makes me use different weapons I wouldn't have normally. I like the level of detail in the writing, as people will say different things at different times of the day, or if you have certain things equipped, etc. A lot of love was put into this game, but some of the things they put into the game are questionable to me at best. I am enjoying everything in the game aside from things involving controlling my character, but considering controlling my character is what I am attempting to do 99+% of the game, the myriad inconveniences are standing out more and more the longer I play and the harder the game gets.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't say I've had much trouble with the controls. The camera has messed up a fair bit but reapplying lock on usually fixes that. For the crazy amount of movement options you have, the game controls pretty drat well.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

There is nothing wrong or finicky with the Guardian parrying timing or the Flurry Rush window or anything, you're just bad at it.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
this thunderblight ganon boss fight is legit loving hot garbage

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The guardian parry works fine. There are there audio/visual cues. Depending on how far away you are from the guardian, you hit parry exactly when one of them pops up. If you're next to the guardian, hit parry as soon as you see the first flash. If you're at medium distance, hit it on the second flash. If you're at long distance, hit it on the third flash.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

strap on revenge posted:

Just dodge backwards and flurry-attack his flash-stepping rear end.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good news is if you're bad at parrying you never have to do it. I got through the whole game without using it once! Just get an Ancient Shield or two and you're set for guardian lasers. I personally used Flurry Rush a lot more but if you're not good at that you don't NEED to use it either. If you're finding the game hard try using more of the tools at your disposal. Stasis+ can help a ton on the hardest fights, the various elemental arrows are INCREDIBLY useful against tons of different enemies and so on. There are so many options for combat that you should use what helps you the most.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

strap on revenge posted:

pick up his thunder things with magnesis

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ometeotl posted:

There is nothing wrong or finicky with the Guardian parrying timing or the Flurry Rush window or anything, you're just bad at it.

Serious question with flurry rush: has anyone actually managed to trigger it off of the lynel 1h weapon attack where they kind of sweep both their arms in?

That potential bug aside, I agree that for most enemies it's just practice your timing, but some of the flurry trigger timings either "can be" or just flat out are off. I've had attacks where it's literally a visible "you have just backflipped over where the weapon currently is" dodge that won't trigger flurries, but the "proper" timing is one where you're watching the enemy or his weapon clip through you in slow mo.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just dodge backwards and flurry-attack his flash-stepping rear end.

DoctorWhat posted:

pick up his thunder things with magnesis

it was mostly just the arena with the poor visibility and causing camera issues that was annoying me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Serious question with flurry rush: has anyone actually managed to trigger it off of the lynel 1h weapon attack where they kind of sweep both their arms in?

That potential bug aside, I agree that for most enemies it's just practice your timing, but some of the flurry trigger timings either "can be" or just flat out are off. I've had attacks where it's literally a visible "you have just backflipped over where the weapon currently is" dodge that won't trigger flurries, but the "proper" timing is one where you're watching the enemy or his weapon clip through you in slow mo.

just jump backwards