Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Fund manager.

I imagine our days are pretty similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah I post primarily because my coworkers are loving terrible and the less I think about my job throughout the day the happier I am.

:brofist:

e: it's better to shout at strangers on the Internet over a sport in an impotent rage than email a coworker to tell them they are a loving brainless shitwit for being mentally incapable of completing the most basic task to the level of satisfaction that my retard dog could. Thank you, worst thread.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 17, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythEzCca5ng

This makes me laugh much harder than it reasonably should.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's missing the ring. Also that post really just sounds like me every day at work.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

It's missing the ring. Also that post really just sounds like me every day at work.

:same:

I think that's also mostly why Salty Seb won me over a bit last season.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wuffles posted:

:same:

I think that's also mostly why Salty Seb won me over a bit last season.

Is your dog retarded as well?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I don't watch much Nascar but the snooty claim that they are all talentless hacks is loving garbage

Actually I'm a bit of a NASCAR expert and they're all very bad drivers, probably due to driving dumb automatic cars. They don't understand gears and if you say you can drive stick, they look at you like you are a rocket scientist. Sad (or sick)!

poty fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 17, 2017

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

Just one of them. He's all heart and no brain, just wants pets and to be told he's a good doggo. The other one is really smart and is always being a bit of a shithead just trying to see how much he can get away with.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Norns posted:

loving lmao if you think driving a stock car around ovals is easy.

If NASCAR drivers manage it, it can't be very hard

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If NASCAR races on road courses I think it's only fair for F1 to do an oval race or two. Maybe they can move the German GP to that oval track in Lausitz that CART used.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

If NASCAR races on road courses I think it's only fair for F1 to do an oval race or two. Maybe they can move the German GP to that oval track in Lausitz that CART used.

Id love to see Indy 500 back as a points paying round, or at least a non-points race. Slightly modify the cars (like they do for monaco or monza anyway) and run against the indy cars head to head.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

oh and I've also never owned a vehicle with more than 150hp :spooky:

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

TurboDrizzle posted:

Id love to see Indy 500 back as a points paying round, or at least a non-points race. Slightly modify the cars (like they do for monaco or monza anyway) and run against the indy cars head to head.

This is way more complex than you make it out to be.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Running in Indy is probably a non starter purely on cost grounds. The teams would have to come pretty drat close to building new cars to be competitive.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Running in Indy is probably a non starter purely on cost grounds. The teams would have to come pretty drat close to building new cars to be competitive.

Again, they pretty much "Build a new car" (on an old chassis) for monaco and monza. yes it would be compex as hell, it would only work with a re-work of the regulations, but its just a fun pipe dream.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oval tires also have different construction.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
You are also aware that when the Indy 500 was a points paying round it basically consisted of a completely different field of cars and drivers right?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm ready for Super Seb's Stunning Scud Speed

The Scud Studs Will Stun In '17

Norns posted:

Never post sober.

...so you're saying I'm posting wrong 90% of the time? :smith:

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 17, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

TurboDrizzle posted:

Again, they pretty much "Build a new car" (on an old chassis) for monaco and monza. yes it would be compex as hell, it would only work with a re-work of the regulations, but its just a fun pipe dream.

Monaco and Monza is basically a body kit and maybe a different set of brakes.

Right off the top of my head the diff, axles, brakes, oil, cooling systems and tires would all need to be different for that event if not significantly modified. Plus the teams actually want to go to Monza and Monaco whereas there's zero interest in going to an oval aside from maybe Haas.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Bring back the Monza oval

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Norns posted:

Bring back the Monza oval

They should do F1 at daytona, one race on the oval, one on the road course.

top 12 cars at the end of the season in the road course race

only the top 6 move on to the oval race

winner of the oval race wins the WDC

call it the playoffs

There' i fixed F1, nascar style.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Holy poo poo this thread has taken a turn for the worsy

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Human Grand Prix posted:

Oval tires also have different construction.

That would be an entertainingly bumpy ride. Can't see Kimi being keen after a certain 2005 incident though

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Holy poo poo this thread has taken a turn for the worsy

We gotta hit rock bottom before the season begins so we get a fresh start like a 55 year old mother in their first AA meeting.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
NASCAR on road courses is actually entertaining. F1 on an oval would be homicidal levels of boredom and predictability.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

NASCAR on road courses is actually entertaining. F1 on an oval would be homicidal levels of boredom and predictability.

Yeah, it would just be the mercedes running away from the pack.

Good thing we don't have to worry about that with proper circuits :smug:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I think the overwhelming response to F1 cars on ovals would be 'wow, when Indycar do this it isn't nearly so lovely and boring'.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

:brofist:

e: it's better to shout at strangers on the Internet over a sport in an impotent rage than email a coworker to tell them they are a loving brainless shitwit for being mentally incapable of completing the most basic task to the level of satisfaction that my retard dog could. Thank you, worst thread.

I use the entire forums like this. So on these forums I am Tony Montana.. and that's all you know about me. I've told you poo poo, but beyond that, I'm totally anonymous. If I'm going say measured, considered and conservative things I'll be doing that on Facebook where my post is right next to my real name which is a link to a whole pile of personal information about me. But if I've got an axe to grind, or I feel like blowing off steam.. well poo poo.. Tony Montana is having a bad day!

I actually find it a bit pathetic when people are so precious about the reputation of their avatar. I mean, most of the time Nando or a very Sad Ron Dennis is talking to me so I respond in an equally cartoonish way. I just enjoy online communities and being able to have an alter-ego that is a hyper-version of your values. Some of the poo poo I say I'd never even say to my girlfriend, she would tear me to pieces and never let me hear the end of it. But on here, hey Tony is a dick sometimes and that's that.

I've strode into Trump threads and just started unloading and after all the hemming around the topic with real people it was liberating to just rant. I'm an engineer but a senior one which means I don't actually do poo poo anymore and just oversee a team of 15 people that do stuff. I have lots of free time.

Schlesische posted:

ITS ARE RACE WITH ARE HOLDEN VS ARE FORD.

This is one of the funniest things about Australian culture. We get so possessive and patriotic about two American car brands. People in certain areas (adelaide lol) will ask you straight out - holden or ford? I was the guy that would launch into a thing about how both are family sedans and gently caress you

edit: holy poo poo, F1 cars on an oval?! wtf.. go back and watch the video of Nige talking about the difference between his two cars. Then remember both disciplines have advanced by decades.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 18, 2017

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Posting about posting.
Nascar.

The worst thread in a full dive for it's nadir.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Pirate Radar posted:

When Liberty makes changes to the way F1 operates, do they call the new rules the Statutes of Liberty?

I feel like this post didn't get enough attention.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Khablam posted:

Posting about posting.
Nascar.

The worst thread in a full dive for it's nadir.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/91/4d/00185837.0008.jpg

I'm making this face.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Was that a loving essay about posting style lol

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I found out today Prost was very nearly considering the Ligier drive in 1992. He had pretty good things to say about the JS37 surprisingly. I always thought the car was kinda a dud considering its engine but I guess old rear end Boutsen and Comas were not that great.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Kimi is the greatest living racecar driver

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I found out today Prost was very nearly considering the Ligier drive in 1992. He had pretty good things to say about the JS37 surprisingly. I always thought the car was kinda a dud considering its engine but I guess old rear end Boutsen and Comas were not that great.

Dernie said he tested with them and absolutely humiliated Boutsen because he was friends with Senna, went two seconds faster than him in testing and supposedly Guy would mark out where they'd be on the grid every qualifying session after that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

poopzilla posted:

Kimi is the greatest living racecar driver

RIP Alonso

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Norns posted:

RIP Alonso

pbuh

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
MCWDC already? (Moral Canadian World Drivers Champion)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128542/stroll-i-dont-care-about-critics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biAPpG9uFEU

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Thread hivemind: Would you rather see a 2017 Kimi WDC? Or a 2017 Massa WDC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kimi. Mostly to see Vettel's head explode.

• Locked thread