Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Lotta recycling in this movie line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Keldroc posted:

Lotta recycling in this movie line.

The AoE line was widely derided for being anemic so this is probably Hasbro responding to that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

The AoE line was widely derided for being anemic so this is probably Hasbro responding to that.

There was just so many bullshit bots in the AoE line, the actual "decent" core line had what, a dozen deluxes, six voyagers and two leaders?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Has it been more or less confirmed that the third "Masterpiece" is Barricade? Because I'm probably down for a Barricade.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Gann Jerrod posted:

I might pick that up because I never got that mold and I love that color scheme.

If you really REALLY like that mold then you should check out the one a 3RD party called Generation Toy is doing.

Looks to be about masterpiece scale?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lepecard posted:

If you really REALLY like that mold then you should check out the one a 3RD party called Generation Toy is doing.

Looks to be about masterpiece scale?

There's is but the stubby railgun bothers me.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah there are actually two (new?) third party companies each doing an IDW Prime and Stealth Bomber Megs. I'm sure there's comparison pics somewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got my MP Cheetor, he's rad!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Spiderdrake posted:

The only problem with the mold is that's Megatron's "eat phase sixers for lunch and poo poo them on Starscream's face" moment in the comics and it's a tiny little thing.

It's a pity no one read Chaos, that scene was good.

I'm surprised there isn't an oversized knockoff version

Overall a great mold, but I won't deny that some aspects of his transformation can be annoying to deal with

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

drrockso20 posted:

I'm surprised there isn't an oversized knockoff version

Overall a great mold, but I won't deny that some aspects of his transformation can be annoying to deal with

I guess the CAD file for that Megatron never fell off the back of a truck. But almost all the KO's of Generations deluxes are pretty bad.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Just found Kup, Perceptor, and Twintwist, and that's me tapped out on wave 4!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Well, I'm in Louisiana, and Wave 3 is everywhere. I've picked up another Gnaw (out of about 10 I've seen dotted around stores) and a Kickback. Target has TR deluxes at 9.99, so I'll get Twinferno tomorrow because that seems about right for dragon hands. Also, somewhere had Soundwave for $35.

Haven't been in a Walgreens yet, but that's probably where I'll find wave 4. So many Astrotrains still on shelves.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:toot:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

We got a release date yet?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The_Doctor posted:

Well, I'm in Louisiana, and Wave 3 is everywhere. I've picked up another Gnaw (out of about 10 I've seen dotted around stores) and a Kickback. Target has TR deluxes at 9.99, so I'll get Twinferno tomorrow because that seems about right for dragon hands. Also, somewhere had Soundwave for $35.

Haven't been in a Walgreens yet, but that's probably where I'll find wave 4. So many Astrotrains still on shelves.

Thanks to Walgreens I've found like 5 Kroks and 4 Quakes but they won't cough up a goddam topspin. :mad:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEE

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

We got a release date yet?

Wednesday

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Blackheart posted:

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEE

His name is Skullitron. I think you know.

Movie Bludgeon-ish?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

More than a Skull the poor guy looks like Meltman.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm bummed about TLK Barricade, because other than having the entire drat car roof on his back unchanged, the rest of the figure is pretty good. Great transformation, cool handgun and baton accessories that store at his hips, wrist swivels!. And the car is nice too. Wish that backpack folded up and the guy would've a must have for me, but I still kinda want it as it is.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The TF5 line is going to break me, because it's making my inner 15 year old giddy as gently caress. Robot dragons named SKULLITRON and STEELBANE? A loving demon robot combiner named INFERNOCUS!?

Get my Slayer t-shirt ready; i'm diving in headfirst.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh yeah, it all does nothing for me but my first thought was "Thew is going to love this!"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Silhouette posted:

The TF5 line is going to break me, because it's making my inner 15 year old giddy as gently caress. Robot dragons named SKULLITRON and STEELBANE? A loving demon robot combiner named INFERNOCUS!?

Get my Slayer t-shirt ready; i'm diving in headfirst.

I'd just like them to be named in the film. Alas poor Drift, only mentioned on a loving computer screen

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I finally found a Triggerhappy at Target. I don't really have anything to offer about him that hasn't already been said... Great toy. Unique transformation.

He is going to best buds with Highbrow on my shelf. They are going to have a cross faction bro-ship that confuses everyone else, but they seem to make sense for each other.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Oh yeah, it all does nothing for me but my first thought was "Thew is going to love this!"

https://mobile.twitter.com/toygrind/status/842082932873400322

https://mobile.twitter.com/toygrind/status/842739204044013568

https://mobile.twitter.com/toygrind/status/842744077330386944

https://mobile.twitter.com/toygrind/status/842747950967242752

https://mobile.twitter.com/toygrind/status/842748716088000512

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It sure was nice of Micheal Bay to put this trailer out to deflate any potential interest people might've had in this new bay movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW1byMeeZNA&hd=1

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
An eleven year old girl stares into the camera. "Feminism is being exploited for this marketing campaign by 90 year old rich dudes" she grunts disinterestedly.

We hard cut from her dead eyes to a scene of the same child- too young to cross the street alone- repairing an advanced alien robot that couldn't be fixed by his actual species' leading physician.

Whip pan back to the child who looks enough like Megan Fox gave birth to her three weeks ago that Bay might as well change his first name to Roman. She addresses the viewer directly, in the most condescending PS ever filmed "Idiots will argue about the political importance of this poo poo heap film on the internet. Seeing the fifth transformers movie is important for the culture war and if you don't, you are a misogynist racist".

Cut to IP theft montage of Metal gears, tie interceptors, and the ship from Prometheus.

Dip to white to the only transformer actually doing something in the trailer, the most brutal of the autobots, being told off by Marky Mark.

whiter than a Wilco show fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 17, 2017

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

An eleven year old girl stares into the camera. "Feminism is being exploited for this marketing campaign by 90 year old rich dudes" she grunts disinterestedly.

We hard cut from her dead eyes to a scene of the same child- too young to cross the street alone- repairing an advanced alien robot that couldn't be fixed by his actual species' leading physician.

Whip pan back to the child who looks enough like Megan Fox gave birth to her three weeks ago that Bay might as well change his first name to Roman. She addresses the viewer directly, in the most condescending PS ever filmed "Idiots will argue about the political importance of this poo poo heap film on the internet. Seeing the fifth transformers movie is important for the culture war and if you don't, you are a misogynist racist".

Cut to IP theft montage of Metal gears, tie interceptors, and the ship from Prometheus.

Dip to white to the only transformer actually doing something in the trailer, the most brutal of the autobots, being told off by Marky Mark.

It's perfect, I can't wait :allears:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm dead inside because I find Squeaks more annoying than the obvious marketing angle they're using in that trailer.

Though to be fair that's a trail for the kid's choice awards, which is already old rich white dudes exploiting children (probably?)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Thew is a precious cinnamon bun :allears:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

At least it looks like TLK will continue the tradition of each sequel being dogshit terrible in new and unique ways.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I have also seen several comments complaining about Hasbro and Michael Bay supporting the feminazis after that trailer was released at the Kid's Choice Awards.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm going to be honest, that actually makes me want to see the movie a lot more.

I wonder if it will still be in theaters by the time tfcon rolls around.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does Thew know about Movie Highbrow, who looks like he just walked in off the cover of the Aces High single

And also Grindcore

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yeah, I can't remember if he reviewed Highbrow or the Powerdive version of that mould.

The MSJ posted:

I have also seen several comments complaining about Hasbro and Michael Bay supporting the feminazis after that trailer was released at the Kid's Choice Awards.

Yusssssss... let the hate flow! :flashfap:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

Yeah, I can't remember if he reviewed Highbrow or the Powerdive version of that mould.

Because I got Highbrow! Do doo doo doo doooh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7DbtEFU6K8

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

quote:

You mean the one who's dead?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TFRazorsaw posted:

You mean the one who's dead?

He tried to fix bumblebees face in the first movie and said he couldn't do it.

But Sassy Kid With Spunk And Gumption sure can!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

She's fixing Bumblebee's voice? What indication of that is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

She's fixing Bumblebee's voice? What indication of that is there?

Watch

The

Trailer