Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I invested fairly heavily into IF Perisic. He's used a lot(500k+ games) and has dropped to the low 80ks. I picked up quite a few between 80-89k.

He was at 116k during last weekend, his SIF is going to be pretty beastly, hoping it's expensive.

At worst I'll break even I think as I don't think he'll stay below 90-95k.

If he reaches 115 again though I'll be pretty happy :).

Edit: for anyone looking to use this method for trading, the sweet spot is really 100-300k players. I've made money off of dybala/naingg plan the last two weeks but they take a long time to sell as there's just not that many people who can afford to pay 800k for a player.

That might be obvious, but if you put a 100-300k player up for the minimum BIN it sells almost immediately. Not so with a 700k player.

DoctaFun fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
His SIF is gonna be a cam.

I HAVE to have it.

e: Perisic I mean.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Huh well I decided to randomly open a 7500 coin pack after totw came out because why not and packed Aguero.

So that's pretty cool.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
So far so good on my perisic investment. Looks like SIF is almost extinct on PS4. I suppose there aren't a lot of CAM with that balance of speed, skill, strength. Basically looks like a more skilled pogba(without the defense) on face stats.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's not his value at CAM that's the reason why he's extinct, converted to striker he's probably the best in the game, certainly the best in Serie A, and at least top 3 overall.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Well I cashed out at 114-116k. If my quick math is right, that's about 380k profit!

I'm up to 2.19MM now. Think I'm ready to build some teams!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

DoctaFun posted:

Well I cashed out at 114-116k. If my quick math is right, that's about 380k profit!

I'm up to 2.19MM now. Think I'm ready to build some teams!

Very nice, I'm at 650k with like 200k in 'valuable' players in squads as well, which is the most coins I've ever had, for sure.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I haven't done any trading but I thiiink my squad might be worth like a million or so? If you include my Red Robben, which i can't sell. I think just Reus, Boateng, Aubameyang, Robben, Neuer are worth a decent amt. I also have Red Nainggolan which I sub on most games and 87 Eriksen who I use sometimes too.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I packed SIF Tadic in the weekly rewards, not bad. My monthly was the silver portuguese striker from Porto who looks pretty poo poo. I was sitting on a bunch of coins but SIF Tadic made me want to build a squad around him, then I saw IF Johnson was going for 11k so I bought up a ton of him (The best LM for a 352 in the game, fast, American, a lot of people will use him as a lb in a usa squad etc. so I think he'll easily climb to 20k quickly when out of packs), then I had to build a squad around Johnson and next thing I know I went through ~300k coins. It's alright though because everything I picked up was super low and I'll most likely profit on. I'm really hoping for MOTM Pulisic from the CL game but I won't hold my breath, Aubameyang will likely slide in for his hat trick.

Anyways here are the two squads I built.

The squad was fun and pretty good but I don't know how long I'll hold onto Tadic. He's good but the 2* WF and workrates are kind of a bummer. The good thing was that I finally used Gabbiadini and realized how awesome he is. He's just extremely solid all around and always felt like he was in the right place. It bums me out I waited this long to use him because his IF went from 25-50k and his OTW is 100k which is too high imo.

This squad was a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from playing 433s. You create more chances and give up more chances inevitably but I think the 352 is a good option if you're defensively sound. I would not try this formation without defensive wingers though. Luckily the Bundesliga now has the most complete defensive wingers in the game. The pace combo up top is cheesy but really effective Gnabry is an awesome second striker and will be even more legit if he gets 4* skills.

e- Just opened packs from the SBCs out right now and got two walkouts, Ozil and ST Sanchez. Get innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Today is easily my best pack day in fifa. Actually let me wind that back. 2nd best day after the time I opened 3 packs in the entirety of fifa 16 and one had TOTS Aguero.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Nice! Only walkout I've had this year is untradeable Thiago Silva.

Anyone want to help me build a couple squads? About two million budget. Would like a serie A squad with SIF Gomez in it(I also have SBC Higuain and SBC Giovinco).

Second squad I'd like to build around maybe lacazette/griezmann, two players I haven't really used.

Could split cost or go like 1.5MM, 500k. Looking for something somewhat creative and fun to use. I have a ton of fitness cards, so if 1-3 players are shared between squads that's cool, for instance, Alex Sandro/Dani Alves might be good options to put on my serie A squad and link to Silva on another squad.

But I'd love to see some options, I end up putting he same team together on squad builder over and over and just feel I'm missing something(and I don't really know how to build a well balanced squad, I always just put too many offensive players in).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

DoctaFun posted:

Nice! Only walkout I've had this year is untradeable Thiago Silva.

Anyone want to help me build a couple squads?

Yeah I've had like 7 walkouts and 5 IFs so far, maybe I've been lucky but SBCs and WL give a lot of packs. Here's a Lacazette/Griezmann squad.

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/2305147

You could obviously put in any french CAM, but that formation allows for Pogba who should be pretty fun to use. You can cut him out and put in someone like IF Ben Yedder if you want though. Pogba costs about 430k just by himself.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I love Pogba but I don't love him as a CAM, he's way better as a CM imo.

Ben Arfa is an incredibly good CAM though, and cheap, or the IF ben yedder is another good bet.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Good News fellow Modeste fans, he scored two goals, SIF incoming.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

Let's hope. He got snubbed on a hattrick last time.

The WL has been extended. I'm off to a 5-3 start. Two of my losses were so bad my opponents messaged me admitting as much, made the sting of defeat a little less bad. In other news, the 352 is really fun to play with and actually quite good. It feels like playing an older edition with fifa; all the pace, all the opportunities created. Opponents really can't bunker their way to a win against it. The biggest thing I noticed is the width the formation provides. 433s can provide a false sense of width since you usually just have 3 or 4 players pressuring 4 defenders and fullbacks are usually instantly on your wingers. On attack the 352 has 5 players pressing the line, all down the line. My biggest takeaway though is that IF TImo Werner is a top tier striker. He's just a complete beast. Small enough to be fast/nimble, tall enough//good enough stats to put away headers. Most importantly he actually feels rapid meanwhile most 90+ pace players feel fast but not rapid. Oh and he can pass too.

352 width

Kneeslide goal to kneeslide celebration. They all count

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Had my best weekend last week and this week I'm on my way to one of my worst, just playing like absolute dogshit.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Here's another pro clubs punt block courtesy of div 4 side 'Remake Ur Team':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEPGTzFpTuY

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
BTW for people playing pro clubs, I just did this yesterday and it DOES still work despite people on youtube saying it got patched, I have driven free kick/outside foot shot/diving header and all that poo poo now

https://www.reddit.com/r/fifaclubs/comments/55hiro/passive_traits_rating_skill_points_fix/

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I knew I should've picked up OTW Depay at 50k......

https://streamable.com/lzvfg

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

I knew I should've picked up OTW Depay at 50k......

https://streamable.com/lzvfg

jesus

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

Huh well I decided to randomly open a 7500 coin pack after totw came out because why not and packed Aguero.

So that's pretty cool.
drat nice. My pack luck has been lacking in this FIFA.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tzen posted:

drat nice. My pack luck has been lacking in this FIFA.

This was the only good tradeable I've packed this year, so I was pretty excited.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

This squad was a lot of fun and a nice change of pace from playing 433s. You create more chances and give up more chances inevitably but I think the 352 is a good option if you're defensively sound. I would not try this formation without defensive wingers though. Luckily the Bundesliga now has the most complete defensive wingers in the game. The pace combo up top is cheesy but really effective Gnabry is an awesome second striker and will be even more legit if he gets 4* skills.

e- Just opened packs from the SBCs out right now and got two walkouts, Ozil and ST Sanchez. Get innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Today is easily my best pack day in fifa. Actually let me wind that back. 2nd best day after the time I opened 3 packs in the entirety of fifa 16 and one had TOTS Aguero.
This squad is sexy. I've been meaning to try out that IF-Gnabry on my b-squad, but IF-Osako keeps banging them in and is a blast to play with, so I haven't bothered yet.

and God drat, more awesome pack luck, good on ya

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sold some players, made some moves, my current a-squad,

I haven't played with the TIF-Keita yet, as I just bought him, but looking forward to it.

I finally relegated Sanches to the b-squad because Latza with Shadow is a loving monster in the midfield.

Also I sold SIF-Forsberg just after he made his 100th assist :gbsmith:

So far Stindl has been a worthy replacement, as he's had 6 assists in 3 games.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 14, 2017

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

And some player stats:

IF-Modeste: 243 goals, 239 games.

and IF-Osako:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I want SIF Modeste this week pleaseeeeeeeeee god.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tzen posted:

This squad is sexy. I've been meaning to try out that IF-Gnabry on my b-squad, but IF-Osako keeps banging them in and is a blast to play with, so I haven't bothered yet.

and God drat, more awesome pack luck, good on ya

Yea, packs have been paying out this year for me consistently. I think I've used coins on like 5 packs and of course 0 dollars. I do every SBC besides the dumb POTM ones. The 352 is a lot of fun but you have to really be on your game with it. It's actually really good against 41212(2)s since they are so narrow. Gnabry is good but I'd recommend IF Werner over him if you had to pick one.. Werner is the closest thing to fifa 13 esswein. Also yea I have Osako as well and he rules.

Has anyone tried Ronaldo in FUT this year? I can afford him if I cash out about 80% of my club and I'm debating doing it. He always seems like a game changer every year. Also anyone tried SBC Giovinco? They changed some of the MLS sbc requirements and I've always got on with Giovinco cards each fifa. He has unique dribbling animations again this year and has the "midget sticks to ball" trait that players like Hazard and Messi have.

Pulisic got his MOTM but EA hosed up the price range and he's been super extinct. I'm bummed out.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Well I went in on TIF Icardi from this weeks TOTW, mainly because he has over 2 million games played, so I know people use him a lot. A bit risky as all three of his first IFs are pretty affordable, but the TIF was pretty steadily ~80k for the last few weeks and I picked up most around 68k, so I'm looking at a maybe decent profit.

The good news is that his FIF is currently being bought for 300k+, I wouldn't be surprised if that drops by 100k or more in the next few hours.

The only risky part about this week is there are likely some St Patrick's day events on the way, which could cause the market to drop a bit. I'm hoping to sell all my cards tonight if possible, but need that TIF to rise quick! I picked up 23 Icardi's, so 80k selling price would put me at about 185k profit, 85k would put me at ~300k, 90k(unlikely) would put me at 400k profit. 72k is my breakeven point more or less, which he is already at.

Fingers crossed, there weren't a ton of good candidates in this TOTW as very few players had previous informs.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I'm a chicken, so I'm selling all my Icardi's at ~78k. Will make around 160-170k when all is said and done. Not terrible, I'm just too nervous that there's going to be some big event this weekend and everyone's gonna be selling.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

They finally raised pulisic's bin. He's hovering at 150k now. It's such a waste of coins but I think I'm going to get him after weekend league rewards come out. He's good but he doesn't score + assist enough yet to reliably get IFs so this could be his last card of the year. I just like playing with players I like + follow in real life so I'm probably going to do it. It's why I used every Klose and Luca Toni card. It's also why I'll use every Podolski card until he retires as well.

Too bad about Modeste, Hopefully he'll at least got on the bench for TOTS and be overlooked by most players. He's only 3 goals off the golden boot in the Bundesliga and iirc tots usually includes at least 3 strikers.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I need more Modeste, hopefully he crushes a game soon so we can get another IF.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I snagged MOTM Pulisic for 85k during the WL rewards, hopefully that was his lowest price. He scored a nice goal in the first game I used him and he and feels really really agile. I packed a green Hoolahan in my WL rewards so it looks like my pack luck continues as well!

I got SIF Martinez for about 16k and he's awesome in game. He has completely ridiculous stats for an 81 rated. If Almiron gets an IF he'll have a great link soon. At the moment I'm using Martinez with Giovinco + Villa + Rincon (Venezuelan) and a serie A squad. 98 positioning, 95 agility, 93 balance, and 82 strength. The balance + Strength combo is rare and always great to have on a striker, combined with 93 pace it's a joke.

I got SIF Bas Dost as well the other night for discard and he's a beast. 6'5, 99 strength, 99 reactions, and 93 ball control. He's really great for hold up play which is extremely underutilized this year. Also he's got cool links so I was able to have Sneijder behind him and I finally got to use SIF Semedo who is probably the best RB in the game.

e- did the pot of gold sbc with two untradeable green irish players and got.............. 20k as I guessed would happen.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Sold too early :(, oh well, could have been boned if they had some crazy SBC out. I think I ended up closer to 200k profit than 150, can't complain. Hopefully some good options next week for me to sink ~2.3MM into.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Does anyone have any good detailed resources for learning to trade (FUT 17 Xbox One if that helps)? Something other than click-baity youtubers shouting at me to 'smash the like button.'

I've started today by trading with Leighton Baines, mass bidding for about 1200 and selling for 1600. I probably only make around 600-800 coins per hour

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

krampster2 posted:

Does anyone have any good detailed resources for learning to trade (FUT 17 Xbox One if that helps)? Something other than click-baity youtubers shouting at me to 'smash the like button.'

I've started today by trading with Leighton Baines, mass bidding for about 1200 and selling for 1600. I probably only make around 600-800 coins per hour

What's your bankroll to start with?

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Check your clubs for Club America and UNAM players from Liga Bancomer. Random bronze/gold players of mine went for 2.5k+ a piece almost immediately.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ibra getting sniffs of FIFA 18

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

DoctaFun posted:

Check your clubs for Club America and UNAM players from Liga Bancomer. Random bronze/gold players of mine went for 2.5k+ a piece almost immediately.

10k but I still have 1k coin boosts so can get it up quick. I'll check those players out, thanks.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Oh poo poo I just noticed Goretzka got a MOTM card. Looks like I'll be getting this to replace my IF-Latza. Although I do love Latza's 98 shot power / 95 long shots...

The rest of the recent MOTMs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

it's happening today :pcgaming:

• Locked thread