Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Red Shoes telling BC to suck it is the greatest version of this spot and wrestling should probably ban it going forward because what is the point?

The Bucks physically recoiling from the shock of the SUCK IT is loving amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Spermgod posted:

it's a completely idiotic move for ROH to make in the long run anyway, why would someone like an Ospreay who we knew was WWE-bound even at the point he signed his ROH contract ever sign with them now

WWE was already telling new talent that if they sign with ROH they will have a harder time getting into the WWE.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

The Bucks physically recoiling from the shock of the SUCK IT is loving amazing :allears:

Everyone sold that suck it like it was a blast from a cannon. Amazing

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Everyone sold that suck it like it was a blast from a cannon. Amazing

Isn't there a gif of this? Someone please post it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

SamuraiFoochs posted:

At 19:30 here http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00330_1_09

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Spermgod posted:

it's a completely idiotic move for ROH to make in the long run anyway, why would someone like an Ospreay who we knew was WWE-bound even at the point he signed his ROH contract ever sign with them now

Yeah, it wouldn't be stupid at all for a company to not bother enforcing their contracts, especially in an industry with tons of shady competition.

You're basically saying RoH should just stop offering exclusive contracts and sign everyone to PPA contracts. If you feel that's how it should be, then fine, but in that case WWE and TNA are far worse offenders than RoH.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everyone should have contracts where ROH has first right to dates but other than ROH dates, they can work anything but WWN Live.

Also, let them go to WWE if WWE wants to sign them.

They're never going to compete directly with WWE so stop trying. Be accommodating to talent who want to better themselves and only bar them from working for your closest competition.

They have set up a situation where there's really no reason to sign with them unless you have literally no other option. They should understand their place and make the most of what they can.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH handled it in the worst possible way

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH handled it in the worst possible way

They haven't tried to sue anyone over IP

Yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in what way is roh believed to have handled it?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Trapping people in contracts when they want to go get paid more and holding their careers hostage is a weird stance to defend. I don't think that ROH are paying guaranteed salaries so releasing people from their contracts after being given ample notice that a wrestler is leaving seems pretty fair. It's going to be hard to convince people to stay loyal to ROH if they keep trying to sabotage anyone who might be picked up by the WWE, even TNA had suckered people like Styles into being loyal for years when they should have moved on.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

If you don't intend to be bound to a contract then you shouldn't agree to a contract zzzzzzz

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Super No Vacancy posted:

If you don't intend to be bound to a contract then you shouldn't agree to a contract zzzzzzz
ok but let's keep treating them as "independent contractors" and not pay if they're hurt on the job

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

ROH books guys poorly, restricts them from working in regional promotions with no iPPV or competition to ROH dates, and tries to stop them from going to WWE once the deals are up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Trapping people in contracts when they want to go get paid more and holding their careers hostage is a weird stance to defend. I don't think that ROH are paying guaranteed salaries so releasing people from their contracts after being given ample notice that a wrestler is leaving seems pretty fair. It's going to be hard to convince people to stay loyal to ROH if they keep trying to sabotage anyone who might be picked up by the WWE, even TNA had suckered people like Styles into being loyal for years when they should have moved on.

They aren't trapping people in contracts and there are guaranteed money deals in ROH. What they are doing is challenging WWE's contract tampering which is preventing guys from signing with WWE when WWE had attempted to negotiate deals before their ROH deals were up. This sucks for talent and probably isn't smart short term for ROH, but letting a monopoly blatantly circumvent your contracts isn't either. I feel bad for the guys who are stuck in limbo, but ROH isn't freezing their contracts and forcing them to work for ROH. Eventually someone was going to challenge WWE's practices.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

They aren't trapping people in contracts and there are guaranteed money deals in ROH. What they are doing is challenging WWE's contract tampering which is preventing guys from signing with WWE when WWE had attempted to negotiate deals before their ROH deals were up. This sucks for talent and probably isn't smart short term for ROH, but letting a monopoly blatantly circumvent your contracts isn't either. I feel bad for the guys who are stuck in limbo, but ROH isn't freezing their contracts and forcing them to work for ROH. Eventually someone was going to challenge WWE's practices.

This is also topical considering WWE might have engaged in contract tampering with Io Shirai this week (and publicly advertised it for a bit before removing it). I don't agree with non-compete clauses, but I can understand why ROH feels they need to have them with what they're up against.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 18, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Somebody suggested there might have been an out for tourney-only talent signings not crossing any wires, but idk if that's a real thing

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

exploded mummy posted:

They haven't tried to sue anyone over IP

Yet

ROH doesn't have gimmicks. The gimmick is every wrestler is a competitor!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

Is it smart long-term assuming Sinclair isn't going to suddenly have a change of heart and put serious money into helping them stand up to WWE?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Cole has had his horn removed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/843276707855454208 What a name

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
yaaaaas

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Keira Hogan was there and Stardom isn't using her? Seems like a missed opportunity.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Keira Hogan was there and Stardom isn't using her? Seems like a missed opportunity.

Stardom wasn't going to select someone black or Chinese (Karen Q) sadly.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Doesn't Stardom have Kris Wolf though

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Doesn't Stardom have Kris Wolf though

Of course I know. Dragon Gate used various African Americans over the years too. But Japan has a ways to go. Also STARDOM has a type/"knows their fans". I privately called them choosing Gabby.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/843698598772686848

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Was this their upcoming Super Card of Honor show? It did seem like they stopped promoting Yoshi-Hashi for awhile

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah liger and yoshi havent been listed on the website card

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Was this their upcoming Super Card of Honor show? It did seem like they stopped promoting Yoshi-Hashi for awhile

Granted, that could've also been because they realised no one buys a show just to see Yoshi-Hashi.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah liger and yoshi havent been listed on the website card

And the Tempura Boyz were internally scheduled too.

In short it is being put down to the new restrictions the Trump administration brought in apparently.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WOH is pretty lovely. But they did something right. Karen is the next big thing Women's Wrestling: https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/843593505616400384

Fun addition to the card and if you are attending you can tell people you saw her more or less at the beginning of her career.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

And the Tempura Boyz were internally scheduled too.

In short it is being put down to the new restrictions the Trump administration brought in apparently.

https://twitter.com/TheRDouble/status/843840578823634944
:smith:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

g.o.d. are good now

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

g.o.d. are good now

they are. It still sucks due to the reasoning.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jay White and Dragon Lee vs Ospreay and Volador Jr also confirmed

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

thats a sweet match im pumped for.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Random website reports WWE in secret talks to buy ROH

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/buyout-ring-honor-wwe/#.WNMVDxIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats to the 7 voters. I didn't believe as hard as you did

• Locked thread