Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Sniper rifle has been my go-to weapon in every single playthrough of ME2 and 3 except for that one time I went Vanguard, so this suits me just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

2house2fly posted:

Which of these rules is being broken?

Haha, I hadn't read the new rules, fair play.

I was just generally under the impression that Games wasn't "yet another FYAD/Imp Zone/whatever".

it's good 2 kno i can type like this now tho lol cool

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah you can absolutely play your character as more apprehensive about being made the Pathfinder and even ask Cora if she's okay with it before you agree to it, it's only a case of being all-in for it if that's the option you go with.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

Assault rifles feel a bit weak on normal but even the starter sniper rifle seemed pretty brutally powerful.

I wonder if ARs get significantly better as you level the passive skill and/or find better guns and mods. I hope so because I'm a simpleton and always play with assault rifles.

They do. I crafted the Valkyrie and it feels a bit more powerful.
Snipers feel more powerful in singleplayer and Shotguns feel good in multiplayer.

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah sniper rifles in mp can reasonably take out the turrets of a Remnant Destroyer in a shot of two whereas the best guns I can get in other categories take multiple mag dumps to dent the shield.

Using the Disciple I can clip dump into a turret to destroy it, but I have to be right next to it and tunnel visioning hard. Which is problematic.

precision posted:

Haha, I hadn't read the new rules, fair play.

I was just generally under the impression that Games wasn't "yet another FYAD/Imp Zone/whatever".

it's good 2 kno i can type like this now tho lol cool

It's SA2.0. Everywhere is BYOB/Imp Zone.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how is this anything like byob or imp zone tho????

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

eonwe posted:

Goons love hyperbole my dude. Get with the times.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eonwe posted:

you didn't use capital letters and used the word 'tho' which is clearly a sign of the falling intellectual standards of debate and not some bullshit that doesnt matter

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Caidin posted:

The thing about all 3 of those characters is that they're only in the trial for about a minute, though as a character intro I suppose it's all right.

Drak arrives by throwing a kett dog monster though a window to what has been accurately described as Star Wars bad guy music, then bums off once you start to bore him.

Vetra gushes about the Tempest a bit and smooth talks her way out of having to go meet the tired face lady again, so that automatically endears her to me. She then just kinda sat in the ship for rest of the demo

Peebee tackles you for no particular reason and wants you to mess with some remnant junk because that is a thing you are uniquely suited for, and that's all I got out of her before the trial ends.

Peebee's entrance should've included a quick time event to shoot her in the face.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

eonwe posted:

:thejoke:

Every time I hear someone complain about DND, GBS or Games, that's the complaint I see.
As someone who rarely ventures outside of 3 or 4 threads, I don't really get it.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
What is the voice actor consensus? Is female Ryder far and away the better choice this time around (like in the original trilogy), or are they on more equal footing now?

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

escalator dropdown posted:

Agreed. There have been a lot of comments about the mediocrity of the NPC dialogue, and a lot debating their decision to dump the Paragon/Renegade system, but fewer on the new dialogue wheel. I found it very disappointing. The Emotional/Logical/Casual/Professional tones didn't feel all that distinct at times. Maybe seeing the options play out would change my mind -- I didn't have time to actually run through and see how different they actually were. But in the moment, I frequently found myself shrugging and thinking "Sure, whatever, this one I guess." Second, it felt like a majority of those dialogue choices only gave you two tone options anyway!

I remember some interview or preview comparing them, saying like "Logical is the Spock option" and "Emotional is the Sisko option" and "Casual is the Kirk option" or whatever, but it felt more like very mild inflections on Ryder's existing personality instead. It didn't really feel like I was having much impact in making choices OR in shaping Ryder's personality. In comparison to DAI, which is probably the most direct comparison, it was disappointing.

I think it does shape Ryder's personality somewhat. I got some email from Lexi recognizing that I had mostly picked casual/emotional and then there was one time I talked to SAM and Ryder asked him about humor and said something like "you might have noticed I don't take things too seriously" and asked if he knows how to joke. Maybe that goes differently if you pick mostly professional? I dunno but it definitely gets tracked so I assume it's used somewhere.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
can femshep date peebee

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Michael Gamble has been tweeting some stuff that's coming up in patches. The MP sound issue is apparently "totally fixed" and is going to be in the" next patch", and they are looking at more character customization options, fixing some wonky face animations, and adding in quick saving/saving in Priority missions.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Julie Andromeda Mao Ryder looking good.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

What is the voice actor consensus? Is female Ryder far and away the better choice this time around (like in the original trilogy), or are they on more equal footing now?

I've only played with male ryder but I like him. He sounds like a more experienced voice actor than Mark Meer for sure. He's a Nolan North type.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I had more success with multiplayer in my second round of matches and also noticed that I had a million free packs to open thanks to owning Mass Effect 3 and such so I unlocked some aliens. The krogan vanguard sadly isn't quite as fun as the ME3 version, the shoulder tackle heavy melee attack is gone and there's no maniacal laughter when you kill stuff (or if there was, I didn't hear it because the sound is hosed up). The headbutt remains but it's a little slow and awkward to use.

I kinda like the asari sentinel, Backlash is a neat power. I'm not entirely sure how the tech armor actually works as a passive ability now though, sometimes it pops up and sometimes it doesn't.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

MorgaineDax posted:

Michael Gamble has been tweeting some stuff that's coming up in patches. The MP sound issue is apparently "totally fixed" and is going to be in the" next patch", and they are looking at more character customization options, fixing some wonky face animations, and adding in quick saving/saving in Priority missions.

Hope it comes soon, apparently the preview build came with the day-one patch

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

can femshep date peebee

Yes. She can date Liam, Peebee, Vetra, Jaal, and Suvi.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cythereal posted:

Yes. She can date Liam, Peebee, Vetra, Jaal, and Suvi.

wait all the aliens are lesbian/bi?

Why even make a male shep option?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Now we need a Josephus Miller Ryder to even it out. Though a Jim Holden should be pretty easy to make, since he's just Jay Baruchel's gritty reboot face.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schlesische posted:

:thejoke:

Every time I hear someone complain about DND, GBS or Games, that's the complaint I see.
As someone who rarely ventures outside of 3 or 4 threads, I don't really get it.

ohhhh

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

wait all the aliens are lesbian/bi?

Why even make a male shep option?

All the aliens are bi. All the humans are straight or gay.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

Now we need a Josephus Miller Ryder to even it out. Though a Jim Holden should be pretty easy to make, since he's just Jay Baruchel's gritty reboot face.

Honestly default scott already looks like Holden

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So what do I do if the trial doesn't even launch.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

MorgaineDax posted:

I hope that more character customization options comes with the ability to change your character's appearance in game. Come on, at least the hairstyles and poo poo! I think there's deffo room on the Tempest for a sassy gay Krogan barber.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Do review embargoes lift before launch, or on the day of?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

hello ME thread.

i found some av material, please use it responsibly.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

you didn't use capital letters and used the word 'tho' which is clearly a sign of the falling intellectual standards of debate and not some bullshit that doesnt matter

agreed its lame af 2 encourage ppl 2 type like their over 12yrs old lmfao

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
Hey uh, I preordered Mass Effect Andromeda on Xbone and have EA Access. Why won't it let me play the 10 hour trial? Please send help :(.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

All the complaints about wonky animation and modelling aren't that surprising. I remember when Inquisition was released someone made a big effort response on how all the Bioware head morphs had weird distorted proportions.

doctor 7 posted:

I know everyone's justifying it with "well there have always been bad lines of dialog in Mass Effect" and yeah, there have been. But I cannot for the life of me think of anything that genuinely made me go "these words just do not make sense how could anyone think they would go together".

You've got lines like "It's a big, stupid jellyfish!" and "Ah yes, :turianass:Reapers:turianass:" but those are funny, and unironically so. "My face is tired" reads like the writer trying too hard to be cute.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I want to make Amos Ryder pretty badly now. [Right hook] all aliens.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Lt. Danger posted:

All the complaints about wonky animation and modelling aren't that surprising. I remember when Inquisition was released someone made a big effort response on how all the Bioware head morphs had weird distorted proportions.

You've got lines like "It's a big, stupid jellyfish!" and "Ah yes, :turianass:Reapers:turianass:" but those are funny, and unironically so. "My face is tired" reads like the writer trying too hard to be cute.

The tired face line sounds like they know the face animations are bad and are trying to be cute about it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Evil Robot posted:

Hey uh, I preordered Mass Effect Andromeda on Xbone and have EA Access. Why won't it let me play the 10 hour trial? Please send help :(.

The official page mentions this as an issue and has a suggestion.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Utnayan posted:

Do you like the old twilight zones? I am under the assumption that most everyone finds some sort of fascination with them. I am going somewhere with this question.

I have not seen the entirety of the old series. I don't know where that leaves you and your question.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Serf posted:

I know they're gonna ruin it with some cloak and dagger poo poo concerning DadRyder or whatever, but as it is, the hilarious failure of this private colonization endeavor could've made for a halfway decent critique of capitalism.

No, it's a critique of multiethnic polities in a democracy and the inevitable fall of the USA and EU without immigration controls and deportations. Now that Ryder is taking up the White Man's Burden humans' natural leadership role things will improve from the chaos of letting other Council races squabble as notional equals.

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 18, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

SgtSteel91 posted:

The tired face line sounds like they know the face animations are bad and are trying to be cute about it.

It doesn't make sense as lines would have been written and recorded ages before animations were finalized. Here is some more choice dialogue I heard in playthroughs of Mass Effect: Andromeda --

"I like to eat lunch, not be it!"
"You can't be a pathfinder without having pathfound."

It's not so good, Al.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I had more success with multiplayer in my second round of matches and also noticed that I had a million free packs to open thanks to owning Mass Effect 3 and such so I unlocked some aliens. The krogan vanguard sadly isn't quite as fun as the ME3 version, the shoulder tackle heavy melee attack is gone and there's no maniacal laughter when you kill stuff (or if there was, I didn't hear it because the sound is hosed up). The headbutt remains but it's a little slow and awkward to use.

I kinda like the asari sentinel, Backlash is a neat power. I'm not entirely sure how the tech armor actually works as a passive ability now though, sometimes it pops up and sometimes it doesn't.

Thank you so much for pointing this out, I got the Asari Adept and Disciple and suddenly multiplayer doesn't suck so bad! I mean, I still lost but at least we got to round 6!

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

exquisite tea posted:

Jesus Christ.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

exquisite tea posted:

It doesn't make sense as lines would have been written and recorded ages before animations were finalized. Here is some more choice dialogue I heard in playthroughs of Mass Effect: Andromeda --

It's not so good, Al.

"I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating. And gets everywhere!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Lt. Danger posted:

Jesus Christ.

"We came here to make history, not repeat it. Sorry, poetry."

"We're nothing until we're bacteria. drat poetry."