Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Rhyno posted:

They're also in bad shape financially after a string of underperforming films. They've been proposing a solo Venom flick since the summer after Spider-man 3.
So bad in fact that Sony is considering shuttering their film division which would make this problem moot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Well, our talk about Mads Mikkelsen in a Fantastic Four movie was closer to reality than anyone thought... except they tried to audition him as REED, not Doom, for the ill-fated Josh Trank film:

http://www.avclub.com/article/mads-mikkelsen-walked-out-his-fantastic-four-audit-252258

SonicRulez posted:

For the record, having went in and paid to see all 4 movies of discussion: Get Out > Lego Batman > Logan > John Wick 2. All are pretty great, I even paid to see Get Out twice. I wouldn't call it a jump scare kind of movie. I really only remember 1. Maybe 2 if you're really skittish. It's definitely not gory or anything like that. It's creepy and a little too real for quite a bit of it and I think that's the draw.

This is great, because my local theaters have already pulled Wick 2 (WTF?!) and it hasn't made it to our $2 second-run theater yet. So I plan to treat myself to Logan this afternoon, and my wife expressed interest in Get Out, now that we know it isn't gory or jump-scary, so hopefully we'll catch that together this weekend or next.

Thanks to all for the movie advice! It's extremely rare there are this many movies I want to see in the theater at the same time.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Mar 17, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

achillesforever6 posted:

So bad in fact that Sony is considering shuttering their film division which would make this problem moot

Which of these true facts is worse:

- Sony was considering selling off its film division this year.
- Sony tried to quash reports that it would have to sell of its film division by saying that "The Emoji Movie" would be so successful that they won't have to sell and they are bouncing back.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

sublyme posted:

Reading some speculation that this new movie Life is actually a backdoor setup for the Venom movie.

bwahahaha That would be incredible.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Get Out deserves it more. It made history the other day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.c6f8d592ab72

holy gently caress is that depressing when actually thought about :smith:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Venom is the coolest as one of Spider-Man's villains and awful in every other capacity

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought Venom was alright in the Thunderbolts

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Which of these true facts is worse:

- Sony was considering selling off its film division this year.
- Sony tried to quash reports that it would have to sell of its film division by saying that "The Emoji Movie" would be so successful that they won't have to sell and they are bouncing back.

The second

holy poo poo the second

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I sincerely hope when that movie comes out at least a couple reviews consist of a solid page of poo emojis

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TheKingofSprings posted:

I sincerely hope when that movie comes out at least a couple reviews consist of a solid page of poo emojis

I figure the reviews will be like rebus puzzles since that's already a popular way to write on Twitter or Buzzfeed. This movie was like a [knife] in my [two eyes].

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they do Agent Venom there's a workable movie in there that doesn't make a lot of sense without tying it to Spider-man, but could work. If they try to do Brock then I don't know what the hell they're thinking.

At best though all I can think is kind of generic "Superspy with an experimental armor" story.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's Jackie Chan's The Tuxedo except the supersuit eats people and honks truck horns.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Retro Futurist posted:

If they do Agent Venom there's a workable movie in there that doesn't make a lot of sense without tying it to Spider-man, but could work. If they try to do Brock then I don't know what the hell they're thinking.

At best though all I can think is kind of generic "Superspy with an experimental armor" story.

When I think of how a Venom movie would go it seems like the Spawn movie. And Spawn had elements that would fit either Flash Venom or Brock Venom.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What about Matt Venom?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

AnonSpore posted:

The second

holy poo poo the second

What if they are right? I feel like there is a non-zero chance that it makes several hundred million.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm okay with that. I don't think it'll be good from what I've seen of Sony so far and it probably wouldn't make a ton of sense, but that basic premise is neat enough to work.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

James Gunn said on a podcast that Michael Rosenbaum has a key role in Guardians 2 and that he and Stallone's character work in a tandem and that they are characters important to the Marvel Universe.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

X-O posted:

James Gunn said on a podcast that Michael Rosenbaum has a key role in Guardians 2 and that he and Stallone's character work in a tandem and that they are characters important to the Marvel Universe.

Lord Chaos and Master Order!???

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Stallone is the Beyonder, book it

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mover posted:

Lord Chaos and Master Order!???

If we're going to go with really on the nose casting then I'll take Champion and Runner.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Stallone should be The One Above All.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Rumors have Aeyer directing Green Lantern Corps. Really? WB seems adverse of getting out of their comfort zone for most of these films.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

twistedmentat posted:

Rumors have Aeyer directing Green Lantern Corps. Really? WB seems adverse of getting out of their comfort zone for most of these films.

They were talking about bringing back Ryan Reynolds even. ....

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just do Training Day, but Green Lanterns.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

X-O posted:

Adam Warlock and Maxam.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Even if Ayer is the most professional dude in the industry why would he work again in a franchise where the studio tore his latest film apart in editing?

e: oh, no, wait, I know the answer

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I haven't heard about Ayer directing, I have heard rumors of Goyer directing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

PenguinKnight posted:

That's somehow even worse!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

PenguinKnight posted:

Oh poo poo, you're right. I always get those two confused. But yea, that's worse.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ayer is supposed to be doing the Gotham City Sirens movie that I don't think anyone wants after seeing Suicide Squad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't that the one Robbie is producing? I guess the rumors weren't true or I doubt she'd work with him again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

X-O posted:

Ayer is supposed to be doing the Gotham City Sirens movie that I don't think anyone wants after seeing Suicide Squad.

All those women who dressed as Harley Quinn for halloween do.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My afternoon off didn't turn out as I hoped. Instead of Logan or Get Out, I had to watch... The Edge of Seventeen.

Followed by the first episode of Iron Fist.

I'm not sure which one did less for me.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My afternoon off didn't turn out as I hoped. Instead of Logan or Get Out, I had to watch... The Edge of Seventeen.

Followed by the first episode of Iron Fist.

I'm not sure which one did less for me.

The Edge of Seventeen is a good movie though.

I still haven't started Iron Fist, but the general consensus from SA and critics is that is it extremely okay; not terrible or amazing and that the minor plot lines are much more interesting than the major ones.

Logan and Get Out are both pretty good, so I'm sorry.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Aphrodite posted:

Just do Training Day, but Green Lanterns.

Didn't they sort of do that with one of the GL animated movies?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Arist posted:

Even if Ayer is the most professional dude in the industry why would he work again in a franchise where the studio tore his latest film apart in editing?

e: oh, no, wait, I know the answer

Hasn't Ayer maintained that this wasn't the case?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

X-O posted:

If we're going to go with really on the nose casting then I'll take Champion and Runner.

I'll take it. Then we'd just need the Gardener, and the Stranger. Nearly had a nerd crisis trying to remember the Stranger.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

parallelodad posted:

Hasn't Ayer maintained that this wasn't the case?

Wouldn't you if you wanted to keep working for that studio?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I love this because one of my customers is losing his loving mind on Facebook over it. It seems he had somehow convinced himself that WB was going to fire Eisenberg and bend over backwards to bring "the one true Lex Luthor" into the DCEU. He's melting down so hard, keeps posting and deleting, I think he might actually be having a breakdown.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

omg chael crash posted:

Didn't they sort of do that with one of the GL animated movies?

First Flight was pretty much Green Lantern: Training Day, yeah.

• Locked thread