Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

TV Zombie posted:

Can you post a picture of this cup?

Sometimes I take fancy photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
MY WIFE is going to flip her poo poo when she sees that cup at BOG

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Yeah i need to hide the fact that that cup exists from my fiance. The holographic rose from Be Our Guest was one of her favorite things from our trip; if she finds out we missed that cup by like a month, yeesh :v:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
So is that cup going away in like 2 days or should I try and push my way into be our guest lunch on Tuesday?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

couldcareless posted:

So is that cup going away in like 2 days or should I try and push my way into be our guest lunch on Tuesday?

Alls I'm saying is that it had better be there on Sunday

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

There are some ebay listings for the cups in the 50 to 60 dollar range

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I was willing to pay that for my beautiful Donald Duck Star Wars weekend magic band (the special lights at Hollywood studios still blows cast members away) but for a cup I would be less inclined.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I was expecting one of the nice ceramic mugs, not a cheap plastic souvenir :psyduck:

The Main Street shop has some really great mugs and cups. The Moana one with the Maui hook for a handle is especially cool, as is my Hank mug from Finding Dory.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

couldcareless posted:

I was willing to pay that for my beautiful Donald Duck Star Wars weekend magic band (the special lights at Hollywood studios still blows cast members away) but for a cup I would be less inclined.

I agree. That magic band is the best magic band. and I will wear it on every trip until I die :colbert:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every time my Small World magic band dies it's special thing the cat members don't understand it and make me rescan it

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

BlueBayou posted:

I agree. That magic band is the best magic band. and I will wear it on every trip until Ithe in band battery dies :colbert:

Fixed that for mine (and now your) deepest fear

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Wait, there's bands that do cool things when you scan them? Why did I not know about this sooner? :allears:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Last summer they were giving out BB8 bands that...made BB8 sounds...or something. There was a Haunted Mansion one too, if I recall.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

couldcareless posted:

Fixed that for mine (and now your) deepest fear

That shouldn't be a problem since the short range read used for park entry works indefinitely. Long range read for PhotoPass ride photos and, what, Small World goodbye's, Expedition Everest ads, etc. are the only things that will stop working when the battery dies.

I have the original Vader magic band but it never worked for me :\

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Icedude posted:

Wait, there's bands that do cool things when you scan them? Why did I not know about this sooner? :allears:

Yeah! Some of them are pretty cool. This guys site covers them

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Cais posted:

That shouldn't be a problem since the short range read used for park entry works indefinitely. Long range read for PhotoPass ride photos and, what, Small World goodbye's, Expedition Everest ads, etc. are the only things that will stop working when the battery dies.

I have the original Vader magic band but it never worked for me :\

Everest has custom ads? THats so cool

And yeah I only wear my Donald one at HS. Because of the effects and because there are no long range doo-dads there yet

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

BlueBayou posted:

Everest has custom ads? THats so cool

And yeah I only wear my Donald one at HS. Because of the effects and because there are no long range doo-dads there yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDa35TlewmM

Yep! Been there for about a year now. It'll pull a name from a Magic Band and suddenly you're endorsing the hot tea or whatever.

Mr. Spell over at DHS was supposed to be one too. I don't know if it's active yet or what.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Oh jeez, I didn't even notice Everest's ads.

Haunted Mansion has it now which was a fun surprise.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Ours is temperamental. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think they are working on a second version with more things the ghosts can do.

Cais, I need you to come back to MG VIP guide work and whip the current guides into shape. Some of them are abysmal at Mansion. I came out of my stretch room to find about 15-16 people in a group, standing there wearing their plaid vip lanyards, with no guide in sight. They just left them in our foyer all by themselves, and we only had one cast member doing stretch room, so had the door to the second room opened, I am almost certain those guests would have gone in by themselves, which is a huge no no in our OG.

Also the general insistence that they go through our back entrance and not our FP line because it makes their guests like them more is irksome.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The VIP guides that I've had to deal with all seemed uninterested tbh. Especially when they come to DRC and try to make us sell them tours they have none of it.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
If I could add one thing to any park, I would put Lester's Possum Park in Animal Kingdom. Probably smushed onto the side of Dino-Rama.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE POSSUM

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Really disappointing that Powerline never resurfaced in Disney canon anywhere. Who was his voice/song actor, anyway?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mordecai.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Ours is temperamental. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think they are working on a second version with more things the ghosts can do.

Cais, I need you to come back to MG VIP guide work and whip the current guides into shape. Some of them are abysmal at Mansion. I came out of my stretch room to find about 15-16 people in a group, standing there wearing their plaid vip lanyards, with no guide in sight. They just left them in our foyer all by themselves, and we only had one cast member doing stretch room, so had the door to the second room opened, I am almost certain those guests would have gone in by themselves, which is a huge no no in our OG.

Also the general insistence that they go through our back entrance and not our FP line because it makes their guests like them more is irksome.

I was actually on tour 3 days this week, randomly. They had me drop them off at the resort before we made it through Frontierland, Adventureland, or Liberty Square the day we went to MK. Spooky haus was next so I didn't even get a chance to look for ya.

The lanyards are for the Ultimate tours, I never got trained on those =\. Those are the set itinerary ones and yeah, they shouldn't really be leaving them alone.

The backdooring on mansion is actually our new SOP as of a few months ago as I understand it. That's how leadership wants us to do it now.

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.

Tatsuta Age posted:

Really disappointing that Powerline never resurfaced in Disney canon anywhere. Who was his voice/song actor, anyway?

Live action Powerline concert in featuring Bruno Mars as Powerline. I'd bite. I was/am obsessed with that soundtrack.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Tatsuta Age posted:

Tevin Campbell

MockTurtle posted:

Live action Powerline concert in featuring Bruno Mars as Powerline. I'd bite. I was/am obsessed with that soundtrack.

Dude had one song -- and no speaking parts -- in the entire movie, right? How could there be a soundtrack of his music?

Edit: but yeah, Bruno Mars does seem like the most natural fit if Disney wanted to put on a Powerline show.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I've always pictured Jason Derulo as Powerline. Especially since he's already done a cover of Can You Feel the Love Tonight. He just needs to cover I 2 I next

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Bruno Mars is Powerline come to life, and I won't hear another word on the subject.

Cais posted:

I was actually on tour 3 days this week, randomly. They had me drop them off at the resort before we made it through Frontierland, Adventureland, or Liberty Square the day we went to MK. Spooky haus was next so I didn't even get a chance to look for ya.

The lanyards are for the Ultimate tours, I never got trained on those =\. Those are the set itinerary ones and yeah, they shouldn't really be leaving them alone.

The backdooring on mansion is actually our new SOP as of a few months ago as I understand it. That's how leadership wants us to do it now.

Yeah, I know it is. but it's resulted in some unpleasant interactions between us and them, especially since that change was made without telling our leaders, so we had several managers scrambling to figure out what the hell was going on. It's fine in theory, but a lot of guides take it as an opportunity to walk all over us operations cast members. I almost screamed at one in front of their guests when he tried to load them onto the ride at unload with out a CM present to assist.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 18, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How many times a day do you guys have random guests going into the back areas from the tours? I know we book keys to kingdom, backstage magic and marvel like basically all throughout the day. Must get stressful :(

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

How many times a day do you guys have random guests going into the back areas from the tours? I know we book keys to kingdom, backstage magic and marvel like basically all throughout the day. Must get stressful :(

Keys to the Kingdom tours are pretty straight forward. They come in our VIP entrance (which is that "servant's quarters" door just across from the crypts, and it also acts as a chicken exit for the stretching room should guests not wish to experience it) and then the guide will ask us if they can come into that current load of guests, and we get the count of how many they are. The only thing they do is ride the ride and get some history from the tour guide either outside at the exit or somewhere in Liberty Square (we had the guide co-opt our extended queue the other day, sadly just as we were about to open it. I felt bad asking them to move)

Marcaline to Main Street does go backstage for a bit to examine a part of our show building (I won't spoil what because it is cool if you want to take the tour) but only briefly.

We do offer tours to cast members before we open where they walk the entire track and see some usually off-limits areas, but a Disney ID is required for those tours, so no guests.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks man. Yeah my girlfriend wants to see the utiliidors and behind the scenes HM (I do too) and I get a pretty awesome cast member discount so sounds like marcelline for us (although I wish I worked I MK and could do that cast tour!). I wish there was a way to see Splash Mountain on one of these tours!!!

If you guys don't know we get a pretty awesome discount on the tours, especially Wild Africa Trek, and the cool stuff like patios at poly.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Do you walk the track with the lights on at HM? Because that would be awesome.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Empress Brosephine posted:

Thanks man. Yeah my girlfriend wants to see the utiliidors and behind the scenes HM (I do too) and I get a pretty awesome cast member discount so sounds like marcelline for us (although I wish I worked I MK and could do that cast tour!). I wish there was a way to see Splash Mountain on one of these tours!!!

If you guys don't know we get a pretty awesome discount on the tours, especially Wild Africa Trek, and the cool stuff like patios at poly.

Keys takes you behind splash mountain, not in it though.

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.

quote:

Dude had one song -- and no speaking parts -- in the entire movie, right? How could there be a soundtrack of his music?

Edit: but yeah, Bruno Mars does seem like the most natural fit if Disney wanted to put on a Powerline show.

There were 2 Powerline songs, the one at the assembly he sang for his girl (Stand Out) and the one at the concert (I2I). Plus let's not forget the other standouts from the most excellent soundtrack ever, like the Possum Park theme.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dren posted:

Keys takes you behind splash mountain, not in it though.

drat I'll have to do that one. Going to do Marceline on Thirs

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I had a unofficial tunnel tour with an fellow IT guy that has been with the company about 25 years and used work in Entertainment. Had a bunch of great stories as he walked us around. It was kinda weird seeing Cinderella getting ready to head up for her shift.

Thinking of hitting the Wild Africa Trek tour when I take the fam on vacation next month.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

MockTurtle posted:

There were 2 Powerline songs, the one at the assembly he sang for his girl (Stand Out) and the one at the concert (I2I). Plus let's not forget the other standouts from the most excellent soundtrack ever, like the Possum Park theme.

I really liked A Goofy Movie. I still listen to the soundtrack every so often. I was also that weird kid that actually liked Goof Troop.

e: Someday I should buy this shirt.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 19, 2017

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Anya posted:

Do you walk the track with the lights on at HM? Because that would be awesome.

the cast member tour does and Empress, its not just limited to MK Cast. talk to your leadership at wherever it is you are a CM and mention it as a possible Cast Recognition thing. Sometimes they put it up on the Hub under Backstage Magic and anyone can apply to win a spot on the tour.

I get to walk the track every time I open and it's wonderful. We pet the bird in the conservatory (named Lucifer) every morning to make sure things run smoothly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I would give Madame Leota's head a rub for good luck...if it didn't mess up the ball. That's my favorite part.

How would you walk the track on Pirates or Splash? Wade and walk? Or do you send a boat through to just ride and check?