Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spalec posted:

Maybe some more God Of War news soon?

Oh I forgot about that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

RichterIX posted:

In HZD weapon mods don't impart attributes on ammo that doesn't already have that attribute, right? I feel dumb but I'm having a hard time understanding tear in context with all the other elements.

No they do not. If there is like a secondary "fire" attribute on a mod that you put on, say, a rope caster, your rope caster doesn't start doing fire damage. Those secondary attributes get ignored when they don't apply. Same with elementary weapons - if you put a fire mod on your trip caster, it won't do add fire to your shock wires. It just adds more fire to your blaze wires.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Spalec posted:

Maybe some more God Of War news soon?

My dad gives yours...

My dad can take your dad? Something like that?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

My dad gives yours...

My dad can take your dad? Something like that?

I'm spanish and that's an ad that is all around here for some reason. It says "My dad is stronger than yours" then God of War "Happy father's day".

I think it's really cool and I hope they give more information, exclusives pushed me to get a PS4 and this one is yet another purchase for me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"my dad can beat up your dad" is like an ancient meme in US culture, so that's probably what they are going for, but I don't know if that resonates in any other countries. Thank you El Goono for the translation!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good call, Horizon combat is kinda like Vanquish in all the best ways.

I think what makes Horizon so good is that the game gives you toys but lets you decide how to use them. Literally every weapon in the game is optional, I have no doubt you could do a "spear only run" though it would be really tedious when fighting robutts with a lot of HP. But it does do that thing where it feels like you're not just pushing a button to make awesome happen. When you do a backwards jump slow-mo headshot downing a Watcher and then as soon as you land turn and Ropecast a Glinthawk so you can roll away and throw frozen grenades at a T-Rex.

Also didn't see it mentioned in this thread yet, Guerilla is "working on" either an Expansion or already on the sequel.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Guillermus posted:

I'm spanish and that's an ad that is all around here for some reason. It says "My dad is stronger than yours" then God of War "Happy father's day".

I think it's really cool and I hope they give more information, exclusives pushed me to get a PS4 and this one is yet another purchase for me.

Yeah I know its Spanish, my Texan Spanglish is just really rusty :shobon:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sorry, I meant that I'm spanish and that's an ad that it's actually in here, in Spain ,in most major cities like Madrid, Seville (where I live) and so.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I am about 3 hours into Yakuza 0 and i'm not feeling it. I remember enjoying the previous Yakuza game though. But maybe i've just been spoiled by a lot of great games over the past couple of years. It really does not feel like its any better than Shenmue from 15 years ago except improved graphics. Oddly enough the most fun i've had is trying to win prizes playing that claw machine game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

ChocNitty posted:

I am about 3 hours into Yakuza 0 and i'm not feeling it. I remember enjoying the previous Yakuza game though. But maybe i've just been spoiled by a lot of great games over the past couple of years. It really does not feel like its any better than Shenmue from 15 years ago except improved graphics. Oddly enough the most fun i've had is trying to win prizes playing that claw machine game.

Try to get to Majima's section if you haven't already. That's been the turning point for a few people.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Guillermus posted:

Sorry, I meant that I'm spanish and that's an ad that it's actually in here, in Spain ,in most major cities like Madrid, Seville (where I live) and so.

Actually you did say that and I somehow misread it as "its spanish" :doh:

That's pretty cool.

And its interesting they're pushing the kid angle so much. After the E3 video most people were expecting the kid to die or the new-Kratos to die and the kid to take over, but if the ads are really pushing that angle, maybe you're just with the kid the whole game?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
A quick google suggests fathers day is this weekend in Spain. Maybe an infodump or new trailer or something? I would have thought it would have been more hyped by now though if it was.

Regarding the kid, I think he's going to act as some sort of morality system where he is influenced by the actions you take. Kind of like Bioshock 2.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When the kid was first revealed people were speculating it might be The Last [God of War] Of Us.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Being honest, I rather play as Kratos than the kid unless you make the kid a murdering machine that dismembers huge monsters. It's what I want from a God of War game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Lobok posted:

When the kid was first revealed people were speculating it might be The Last [God of War] Of Us.

Lord knows it won't be The Last of God of War because :shepspends:.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Guillermus posted:

Being honest, I rather play as Kratos than the kid unless you make the kid a murdering machine that dismembers huge monsters. It's what I want from a God of War game.

Maybe you can switch between them in combat and the kid starts to surpass Kratos in outrageous violence.

"Over to you, kid! Yeah that's it! Good! Wait, ok, stop, no, oh JEEZ where did you even learn that?!" :stonk:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Guillermus posted:

I think that's the general push the game is going to go for. Kid Kratos is gonna wreck.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kratos better be the father of all pantheons. That kid should lose an eye and end up being Odin.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Kid Kratos is gonna start killing whores in brothels and Kratos will have to grab him by the arm and yell NOT OKAY!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Guillermus posted:

The kid being relegated to an assist button makes me hope he at least gets to learn stuff and you can assign him different moves as you go on.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jimbot posted:

Kratos better be the father of all pantheons. That kid should lose an eye and end up being Odin.

Or Kratos loses the eye and the kid is Thor.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Regy Rusty posted:

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

WE SHALL BECOME GODS

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Regy Rusty posted:

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS
That music is where Nier Automata finally started getting to me in the best, Nierest way.

Edit: Play that part with good headphones.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Mar 18, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Regy Rusty posted:

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcdi0DrbpfA

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

That music is where Nier Automata finally started getting to me in the best, Nierest way.

Yeah that was the best part of the game so far

This game is real good

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RLf0O8eofU&t=215s

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Regy Rusty posted:

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

I also just played through that part of the game.

Goddrat, that was good.

Edit: Ahahah holy poo poo, a message from Square Enix PR. The exact text isn't interesting, but that's hilarious.

King of Solomon fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 18, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I see at least SOMEONE on this god damned board knows about vidya

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnYDLHUwRKc

Am I doing this right?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah that was the best part of the game so far

This game is real good
The best/worst/most interesting part is all the different ways the robots react to being told to drink the kool-aid.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

bloodychill posted:

No they do not. If there is like a secondary "fire" attribute on a mod that you put on, say, a rope caster, your rope caster doesn't start doing fire damage. Those secondary attributes get ignored when they don't apply. Same with elementary weapons - if you put a fire mod on your trip caster, it won't do add fire to your shock wires. It just adds more fire to your blaze wires.

gently caress. Level 35 and I've been loving playing it wrong. Fuuuuck.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bloodychill posted:

Quite frankly I think it's one of the few things to the game's detriment that you need a specific flavour of bow for an arrow type. That and the climbing being environment-based instead of character-centric (ie; you can climb THIS ledge type but not the one right beside it, instead of just grabbing anything remotely ledge-shaped).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

it's a good song

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wait, is this version (spoilers) not in the English? Holy poo poo those robot voices in the background.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there is an english version yes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait, is this version (spoilers) not in the English? Holy poo poo those robot voices in the background.

Nah, here it is

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

it is but I specifically chose that one because it didn't have the voice over it in case anyone got mad about it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's English versions of that and This Cannot Continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Quite frankly I think it's one of the few things to the game's detriment that you need a specific flavour of bow for an arrow type. That and the climbing being environment-based instead of character-centric (ie; you can climb THIS ledge type but not the one right beside it, instead of just grabbing anything remotely ledge-shaped).

The bow thing is annoying. I like having a long range bow and a short range bow but having two short range bows with different elemental modifiers was a bit odd. The climbing could be better but on the other hand, it isn't something you do a lot. I jumped a lot more than I climbed. Jump all the way to the top of Mount Shasta.