Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

It's 892 and I'm an immortal Satanist. This was the first time I got the immortality chain and I kept expecting it to fail, but I made it all the way through! Right now I own two counties and have the Theme of Samos in the Byzantine Empire. I very rarely play vassals, so I'm not too sure how to leverage this into overthrowing the current ruler.

At least I can use my Satanic powers to grow my face back, right? That -4 diplomacy hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

It's 892 and I'm an immortal Satanist. This was the first time I got the immortality chain and I kept expecting it to fail, but I made it all the way through! Right now I own two counties and have the Theme of Samos in the Byzantine Empire. I very rarely play vassals, so I'm not too sure how to leverage this into overthrowing the current ruler.

At least I can use my Satanic powers to grow my face back, right? That -4 diplomacy hurts.

Capture and sacrifice people until you're the only one left?

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Women inherit a title when they're muslims, which is supposed to be impossible and then marry non-matrilineally and lose the title

Not in this case as they had a kinsman lying around but it's happened several times now, in both cases with Muslim multi-kingdoms splitting up

Heck, it even happened in the "Place in the Sun" stream

Did they inherit it or did they have a claim pushed? There's a new event I've noticed since M&M dropped where a random courtier (always a family member of yours, I think) will ask you to push one of their claims in a pop-up message. If you accept, the war begins immediately, without having to go to the diplomacy menu of the target to declare it- clicking the yes option on the pop-up starts the war. I got these events during a Muslim game, and got asked by both male and female claimants, despite the fact that I would normally not be able to push a woman's claim as a Muslim. The way the event is set up seems to let you circumvent the normal restrictions on claim pushing. I'm guessing that what's happening here is that the AI is also getting this event. It fired for a female courtier, they pushed it and won, and suddenly there's a landed female Muslim.

The only other way to get women landed as a Muslim is to crank up the gender equality laws, but as I understand it the AI always ignores these.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Bloody Pom posted:

Someone got the Jewish servant event, granted him land, demanded reconversion later on, guy remained a secret jew, made everyone who inherited after the outbreak into secret jews?

I don't have secret societies yet, he just didn't convert, or he converted back through standard means. Huh.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I swear I'm the only person who got a 200 year old without them getting their face cut off by their doctor.

You can just wait out basically every disease, you don't actually need to see your doctor since you get +10 health. You will outlive cancer.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

It always seems to pick my oldest, sickliest councilors, so they have a bad habit of dying pretty early into the mission.

You don't have to send the guy that brings you the rumor. If you pick the second option it'll give you the rumor without deploying anybody. Then you pick who you want by picking the option under the interaction right-click menu on their portrait. I always send my highest-stat councillor which was my Court Imam and had success 2/3 times. It's how I got a beard hair and the sandals of Muhammad, which are now inactive since I openly declared Jewish faith.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Automated Posting posted:

Did they inherit it or did they have a claim pushed? There's a new event I've noticed since M&M dropped where a random courtier (always a family member of yours, I think) will ask you to push one of their claims in a pop-up message. If you accept, the war begins immediately, without having to go to the diplomacy menu of the target to declare it- clicking the yes option on the pop-up starts the war. I got these events during a Muslim game, and got asked by both male and female claimants, despite the fact that I would normally not be able to push a woman's claim as a Muslim. The way the event is set up seems to let you circumvent the normal restrictions on claim pushing. I'm guessing that what's happening here is that the AI is also getting this event. It fired for a female courtier, they pushed it and won, and suddenly there's a landed female Muslim.

The only other way to get women landed as a Muslim is to crank up the gender equality laws, but as I understand it the AI always ignores these.
Could be, I mean, women get claims even when you're running agnatic right?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

spectralent posted:

I swear I'm the only person who got a 200 year old without them getting their face cut off by their doctor.

You can just wait out basically every disease, you don't actually need to see your doctor since you get +10 health. You will outlive cancer.

Or just do the basic one, which doesn't have any of the drastic side effects.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

I don't have secret societies yet, he just didn't convert, or he converted back through standard means. Huh.

I think the secret religion thing is a patch feature, not a DLC feature.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

binge crotching posted:

Not only that, if you've only got a minor illness to begin with, a good treatment can leave you substantially more adept for the duration.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

John Charity Spring posted:

I think the secret religion thing is a patch feature, not a DLC feature.

Yup.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

binge crotching posted:

Lol if you're not actively trying to make your lich-king as much of a mangled freak as possible

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
I decided to go with the unholy demon child heir method, and the moment I changed focus/ambition my wife got pregnant (while I was in Paris doing Regent Stuff). And within the week I had a chance to bronze bull some weirdo from a foreign land, but he pulled the "it wasn't me in there!" card. And guess who it was instead :barf:

I guess that's the Devil's idea of birth control.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have an immortal sea-king with berserker.

I know berserker tends to get people killed but I've been using him anyway and I've gotten so many "You're a beast killing everyone! +200 prestige +1 martial" events that his martial skill is now in the 40s.

:black101:

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Strudel Man posted:

Not only that, if you've only got a minor illness to begin with, a good treatment can leave you substantially more adept for the duration.

Treatments can only counteract maluses rather than providing a bonus.

It was one of the features of the patch to add a new kind of modifier to do this.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Edison was a dick posted:

Treatments can only counteract maluses rather than providing a bonus.

It was one of the features of the patch to add a new kind of modifier to do this.
What, really? I could have sworn it made you actually better off. Though I may have been fooled by the simple plusses displayed.

edit: You're quite right! How about that.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 17, 2017

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Soho Joe posted:

I decided to go with the unholy demon child heir method, and the moment I changed focus/ambition my wife got pregnant (while I was in Paris doing Regent Stuff). And within the week I had a chance to bronze bull some weirdo from a foreign land, but he pulled the "it wasn't me in there!" card. And guess who it was instead :barf:

I guess that's the Devil's idea of birth control.

The bronze bull event is usually a trap, I've had so many relatives die in that thing.

Strudel Man posted:

What, really? I could have sworn it made you actually better off. Though I may have been fooled by the simple plusses displayed.

Depends upon what your sickness is, and what outcome you get.

Gout for instance only gives -1 Martial and -2 Stewardship. But if you have a good outcome from the treatment, you can get the successful_treatment_3 modifier for 5 years, which gives +3 to every stat.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
The text for the unholy impregnation kinda bothers me funnily enough. I mean, yeah my wife is a satanist but should she really be so happy that she's cheating on me with a demon?

also why the hell aint the kid of my dynasty dammit, people don't know it ain't my kid

And are they any special? Tbh I have never really seen them DO anything...

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Deceitful Penguin posted:

And are they any special? Tbh I have never really seen them DO anything...
50% chance of getting the full satanspawn treatment, otherwise nothing special.

binge crotching posted:

The bronze bull event is usually a trap, I've had so many relatives die in that thing.
Also, that event competes with the far better Grand Summoning, which can give a permanent +3 to a stat. Possessed is actually quite bad if you're a satanist, because it makes you likely to brazen bull random people instead of summoning demons.

If you don't have it (or lunatic), you only try the brazen bull on satanist rivals.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 17, 2017

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

binge crotching posted:

Depends upon what your sickness is, and what outcome you get.

Gout for instance only gives -1 Martial and -2 Stewardship. But if you have a good outcome from the treatment, you can get the successful_treatment_3 modifier for 5 years, which gives +3 to every stat.

The treatments can't increase your stats beyond making up for loss from sickness!!!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Strudel Man posted:

50% chance of getting the full satanspawn treatment, otherwise nothing special.

Honestly if that's the case it almost sounds like it'd only be good for those instances where you kind of want all your kids to die without all the troubles from imprisoning and executing or trying to arrange deaths in battle and poo poo.

"Welp, guess I'll just birth a devilchild and let him murder them all!"

Like some kind of last ditch re-roll of your heir lol

E: poo poo now I wanna have a ruler have nothing but antichrists and let em' battle royale that poo poo out

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!

Honky Dong Country posted:

Honestly if that's the case it almost sounds like it'd only be good for those instances where you kind of want all your kids to die without all the troubles from imprisoning and executing or trying to arrange deaths in battle and poo poo.

"Welp, guess I'll just birth a devilchild and let him murder them all!"

Like some kind of last ditch re-roll of your heir lol

E: poo poo now I wanna have a ruler have nothing but antichrists and let em' battle royale that poo poo out

No... Birth an antichrist, give him a temple holding to make him a bishop. Get him to be pope! (Assuming there is some way to stop him from switching to messalian or whatever heresy).

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

We were married three seconds when she pulls this. Bitch must have checked my character profile.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Wait, if they're not of your dynasty how can you get them as your heir?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Carcer posted:

Wait, if they're not of your dynasty how can you get them as your heir?

If you're the woman, I guess. Otherwise, yeah, seems like a flaw in the plan.

Talky
Mar 26, 2010
^^^ It seems like since the father is "unknown" it assigns the kid the mother's dynasty. Since the kid isn't actually your bastard there's also no way to legitimize them into your dynasty if the mother isn't already.

I'm thinking the only way to get it to work is to use the decision on a woman who is already of your dynasty. So either use it on yourself if you're a woman ruler, or try to get one of your daughters/sisters/kinswoman to join the society and use if on them if you think you can engineer your successions to get their kids in line

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Moridin920 posted:

I have an immortal sea-king with berserker.

I know berserker tends to get people killed but I've been using him anyway and I've gotten so many "You're a beast killing everyone! +200 prestige +1 martial" events that his martial skill is now in the 40s.

:black101:

Yeah, it was like that with my persian viking empress too. I think I had something like 57 before I converted over.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Talky posted:

^^^ It seems like since the father is "unknown" it assigns the kid the mother's dynasty. Since the kid isn't actually your bastard there's also no way to legitimize them into your dynasty if the mother isn't already.

I'm thinking the only way to get it to work is to use the decision on a woman who is already of your dynasty. So either use it on yourself if you're a woman ruler, or try to get one of your daughters/sisters/kinswoman to join the society and use if on them if you think you can engineer your successions to get their kids in line

This seems a very obtuse implementation. I used it on a concubine and I thought something had bugged out when the kid wasn't of my dynasty, but I brushed it aside since I thought it had something to do with concubines.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Is there a reliable way to get rid of Lunatic and/or Possession? I have both and my guy is immortal, so... I mean it's fun and all, but you know.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think you actually can. I don't remember seeing one or ever reading about one being discussed.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Clanpot Shake posted:

Is there a reliable way to get rid of Lunatic and/or Possession? I have both and my guy is immortal, so... I mean it's fun and all, but you know.
Theology focus can get rid of lunatic. There's also a general event that can fire with a 40% chance of clearing possessed, but I think it might be christian-only.

(The clearing lunatic with theology can also GIVE you possessed.)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Just noticed that my wife has pretty hilarious set of traits.

She's also my spymaster.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Having a lunatic spymaster is an excellent plan if you want to die, even if she +100 loves you a lunatic will kill you for no goddamn reason other than something passing through her mind

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Can they do that if you have them out of your realm spying for tech?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Azuth0667 posted:

Can they do that if you have them out of your realm spying for tech?

Yes.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Spymaster is the one council position you do not gently caress around with. Appoint an idiot and send him to Constantinople if you just want him gone, but make sure he's a happy idiot for his brief tenure.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

We were married three seconds when she pulls this. Bitch must have checked my character profile.

honestly it seems excessively reasonable to sit down with your husband a couple of days after the wedding and say "alright honey, now that we're married, it's time for you to stop loving your sister"

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

cock hero flux posted:

honestly it seems excessively reasonable to sit down with your husband a couple of days after the wedding and say "alright honey, now that we're married, it's time for you to stop loving your sister"

This is a historic simulator

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

How do i get a good start as a Horse lord? It seems like my armies never regenerate and I just get eaten one province at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Baron Porkface posted:

How do i get a good start as a Horse lord? It seems like my armies never regenerate and I just get eaten one province at a time.

?

Like you lose an army and then it's all ahhh hurry up number get back to 2370/2370 again!

Who are you playing too

• Locked thread