Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Do all the Chaos gods have brides?

What does Slaneesh's look like!!!????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chomp8645 posted:

Do all the Chaos gods have brides?

What does Slaneesh's look like!!!????

You've already met him, it's Sigvald the Magnificent.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Vriess posted:

Grimgor is fine though. Because honestly, why wouldn't you pick Grimgor?

There aren't really alot of other choices either. Grom the Paunch, Gorfang Rotgut, Morglum Necksnapper, Gorbad Ironclaw.

Grom is a huge fat goblin who rides a chariot, Morglum is a dual wielding Black Orc, Gorfang had terrible acne and Gorbad was the generic "Greatest Warboss in history" until Grimgor. Morglum and Grom could work with appropriate gimmicks probably.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Cythereal posted:

Also, Valkia's shield is the still-living, still-screaming face of a Keeper of Secrets who tried to rape her.

Grimdark!

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

I got the beastmen DLC since it's on sale. No real idea of how I'm supposed to ambush. Every time I try the AI army just walks around me and ignores me.

Beastmen don't ambush like that. Their normal move/attack stance is 'Ambush Stance' and any time you trigger a battle there's a chance it'll be an ambush. It's great.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

fnordcircle posted:

All I'm reading from that CA update is "Game 2 is going to take longer than we thought so we're gonna come out with more DLC now."

Which is fine with me, the DLC has all been great, I just hate how we have no idea if Game 2 has an ETA of 6 months or 18 months and skaven skaven skaven skaven I want skaven.

Nah, they're blatantly announcing Game 2 in two weeks and the DLC team is already working on that game. It's not that far out.

Considering they recently outright purchased and absorbed a Bulgarian Dev studio it's more likely they've beefed up their staffing so they can develop even more DLC simultaneously.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hello friends, here again with another Overhaul Mod, this time for the Empire with Sons of Sigmar:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885529832

This mod makes a few quality of life changes to Offices, Technologies and some of the Lords.

Short rundown:

Technology turncost have been reduced, 6 for basic stuff, 8 for the rest.
A new technology as been added, tied to the tier 3 Barracks, giving some minor but juicy Melee Attack and Defence to Greatswords.

Karl Franz is easier to unlock, all you gotta do is claim Reikland. Hes got a new unique skill, giving him some diplomatic bonuses to empire, dwarf and bretonnian factions.

Gelt has 3 new unique skills, theese are originally from Kaza, a goon here on the forums. Ive changed some of them up a bit and raised their required levels.

Offices, besides treasurer, have all been touched in some way, from minor to a bit more major (looking at you Reiksmarshal).

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 18, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cythereal posted:

You've already met him, it's Sigvald the Magnificent.

If this aint canon it should be.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chomp8645 posted:

It's Slaanesh, it's possible. Sigvald's characterization in the tabletop runs more to being Slaanesh's favorite spoiled brat who's as likely to take his army halfway across the world to burn down a winery who produced a bottle Sigvald sampled and didn't like as he is to burn down Kislev.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Chomp8645 posted:

It's close. Sigvald is the dude Slaanesh looks at and goes 'You know, yes, this is exactly how a person should be.'

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gejnor posted:

Hello friends, here again with another Overhaul Mod, this time for the Empire with Sons of Sigmar:

This mod makes a few quality of life changes to Offices, Technologies and some of the Lords.

Short rundown:

A new technology as been added, tied to the tier 3 Barracks, giving some minor but juicy Melee Attack and Defence to Greatswords.

Karl Franz is easier to unlock, all you gotta do is claim Reikland. Hes got a new unique skill, giving him some diplomatic bonuses to empire, dwarf and bretonnian factions.

Gelt has 3 new unique skills, theese are originally from Kaza, a goon here on the forums. Ive changed some of them up a bit and raised their required levels.

Offices, besides treasurer, have all been touched in some way, from minor to a bit more major (looking at you Reiksmarshal).

You're a damned champion.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Are there people like Sigvald for Nurgle?

It's been years but I always remember Undivided and Tzeetch getting the cool named characters.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Are there people like Sigvald for Nurgle?

It's been years but I always remember Undivided and Tzeetch getting the cool named characters.

Nurgle has a number of candidates: Vilitch the Curseling, Festus Leechlord, the Glottkin, or Valnir the Reaper. I'd think Festus the Leechlord is the most likely - he's a dedicated caster lord, specialized in healing friends and debuffing foes. By backstory and personality he's a doctor who sold his soul to Nurgle for the cure to an uncurable disease, and these days is a cackling mad scientist-sorcerer.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

By backstory and personality he's a doctor who sold his soul to Nurgle for the cure to an uncurable disease

Was the cure another disease?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The Lone Badger posted:

Was the cure another disease?

No, Nurgle's not that mean. He gave Festus complete and perfect knowledge of every disease, infection, and poison and how to cure it. Including plenty of Nurgle's own special recipes. Festus' mind broke immediately.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cythereal posted:

No, Nurgle's not that mean. He gave Festus complete and perfect knowledge of every disease, infection, and poison and how to cure it. Including plenty of Nurgle's own special recipes. Festus' mind broke immediately.

Just to be clear, you are the guy who was referring to "the grogs" as an Other last page... right?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chomp8645 posted:

Just to be clear, you are the guy who was referring to "the grogs" as an Other last page... right?

Wikis are a thing.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Speaking of mods, I'm normally not a huge mod guy, but for the love of god please tell me there's a mod to make the norse assholes not make armies full of chariots like the assholes they are

like gently caress it, I'll make armies full of steam tanks and steamroll their loving whole civilization this campaign, but I don't want to do it every game. Those chariots are so loving stupid.

Empire lategame is such a slog, you basically have to deal with the entire chaos / norse fuckfest by yourself.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Alright my final rambling thoughts on Radious:

1) Everyone gets a lot more income, and can field more armies even with just the starter territories. Because of this, things are a lot more aggressive and factions start getting nuked after about 10 turns or so. This is pretty much the only reason I'd recommend trying it out, as with those extra stacks it feels like the AI is more willing to range far outside its territory, and attack the badlands or norsca and so on. It also bumps up some of the weaker factions; those orcs by brettonia smashed both them and marienberg in one game (in the others they still died pretty quickly)

2) There's about 4-5 versions of every type of unit, each one being a bit better than the last, sorta. The base units are all basically tier 1 for that respective role. I had a lot of trouble telling whether an armored swordsman was better than veteran swordsman or a drakwald swordsman or one of the other types. Factions have units that cover their previous weaknesses, making things pretty simplistic (orcs just build spear boys for cav, undead just build skelly archers etc etc). Flavor-wise it's all right but there's no RoR so you can recruit everything everywhere you have the buildings. That said there are some cool units like long rifles with crazy range. ALSO certain mercenary units can be recruited over and over.

3) For some reason Varg and Skaeling get a variety of redundant heavily armored nearly unbreakable units, which makes them a bitch to fight. I had a lot more trouble with them than I did chaos proper.

4) The vampires go loving crazy, I had them show up at Reikland three turns after I unified it.

5) No confederations, double leader skillpoints, human minors have the 'passive' tag removed.

6) Battles in general are a little slower, but still nothing near something like RTR

So to sum it up it's worth a try but once the newness wears off it's pretty unremarkable

Chomp8645 posted:

I only know one of them (Valkia) but between her and the self-explanatory term "sisters" I think the gimmick is that they are all female. I don't remember anyone being upset about Isabella or the Fey Enchantress though so idk what he's on about.

People did get upset about Isabella, but that pretty much disappeared the next day when they showed the Von Carstein faction

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

RentACop posted:

People did get upset about Isabella, but that pretty much disappeared the next day when they showed the Von Carstein faction

Why would people get upset about Isabella? The Von Carstein family is as much a reflection of her as Vlad.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Why would people get upset about Isabella? The Von Carstein family is as much a reflection of her as Vlad.

People were briefly mad about Isabella because they wanted her to be a Legendary Hero instead of a Lord, basically. Then the actual preview came out and she was super cool and part of a new faction so no one gave a poo poo about the hero thing anymore.

In general though most of the Female Warhammer characters have a ton of fans pushing for them to be included even on the official forums so I don't really understand the suggestion that adding a bunch of popular female characters would be anything but enthusiastically received. Warhammer grogs are not history grogs, ultimately.

madmac fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 18, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Night10194 posted:

There's literally a loading screen quote from Mannfred about how she was the only person he liked.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

wiegieman posted:

There's literally a loading screen quote from Mannfred about how she was the only person he liked.

He didn't love me the most, that honor I am sure went to Isabella. But he certainly loved me the longest.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

RentACop posted:

Alright my final rambling thoughts on Radious:

1) Everyone gets a lot more income, and can field more armies even with just the starter territories. Because of this, things are a lot more aggressive and factions start getting nuked after about 10 turns or so. This is pretty much the only reason I'd recommend trying it out, as with those extra stacks it feels like the AI is more willing to range far outside its territory, and attack the badlands or norsca and so on. It also bumps up some of the weaker factions; those orcs by brettonia smashed both them and marienberg in one game (in the others they still died pretty quickly)

2) There's about 4-5 versions of every type of unit, each one being a bit better than the last, sorta. The base units are all basically tier 1 for that respective role. I had a lot of trouble telling whether an armored swordsman was better than veteran swordsman or a drakwald swordsman or one of the other types. Factions have units that cover their previous weaknesses, making things pretty simplistic (orcs just build spear boys for cav, undead just build skelly archers etc etc). Flavor-wise it's all right but there's no RoR so you can recruit everything everywhere you have the buildings. That said there are some cool units like long rifles with crazy range. ALSO certain mercenary units can be recruited over and over.

3) For some reason Varg and Skaeling get a variety of redundant heavily armored nearly unbreakable units, which makes them a bitch to fight. I had a lot more trouble with them than I did chaos proper.

4) The vampires go loving crazy, I had them show up at Reikland three turns after I unified it.

5) No confederations, double leader skillpoints, human minors have the 'passive' tag removed.

That all sounds loving awful.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Indecisive posted:

Speaking of mods, I'm normally not a huge mod guy, but for the love of god please tell me there's a mod to make the norse assholes not make armies full of chariots like the assholes they are

like gently caress it, I'll make armies full of steam tanks and steamroll their loving whole civilization this campaign, but I don't want to do it every game. Those chariots are so loving stupid.

Empire lategame is such a slog, you basically have to deal with the entire chaos / norse fuckfest by yourself.

If you don't want to deal with the norsca by yourself, ally instead of confederate with those imperial minors.

Seriously I must be the only one who typically makes friends with Marienburg...

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

Mordja posted:

That all sounds loving awful.

Radious... bad?

Say it ain't so!

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Fangz posted:

If you don't want to deal with the norsca by yourself, ally instead of confederate with those imperial minors.

Seriously I must be the only one who typically makes friends with Marienburg...

I WAS friends with marienburg all game then he tried to gently caress me over. I tried to be friendly with every drat minor noble for the first like hundred turns and only killed the ones that were starting poo poo but nobody ever did poo poo. I killed the vampires myself, dealt with skarsnik myself, killed like every single beastman that spawned in the whole empire lands, they did jack poo poo except constantly decline to trade with me and occasionally pull me into wars with the dwarves who I didn't want to fight. By the time chaos showed up they all got their stupid asses killed and half the lands were just ruins and chaos basically rolled up on me uncontested. If I ever do Empire again (probably won't, don't like em much) I'd just go full killdozer on states one at a time instead of trying to play nice, and leave vampires until later.

The problem with Empire strategically is there's basically enemies on all sides, all the time. The minor dwarves nearby were assholes all game, there were basically always humans trying to start poo poo, the vampires will give you poo poo non-stop if you get anywhere near them, I even had goddamn greenskins wandering up past the border princes for some reason, beastmen just spawn in your poo poo just because (though everyone has to deal with that), and of course the norsca because gently caress you. In comparison as the dwarves you only have to deal with orcs, who spend as much time fighting each other as they do you, and you start with several nearby allies who are plenty helpful, while all the empire minor factions are just watching hoping you die. Half the dudes I confederated had lords that seemed to be levelled only on the afk-sitting-in-base exp. At least the wood elves left me alone, though I wish they had helpfully invaded the norsca lands like they did on my dwarf campaign.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
was he the guy that offered "AI improvements" and when someone looked at his mod files, realized he was completely full of poo poo? or was that Darth

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I've learned to never, ever go full military alliance with an AI faction. Stop at Defensive, that way they don't get ideas. If one of those dwarf factions to the west is constantly asking to upgrade to a full alliance, it's because they want to attack someone with your help and force you to break one of your treaties. gently caress them, they can sit in their holds and give me trade income like good little components of my hegemony.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

wiegieman posted:

I've learned to never, ever go full military alliance with an AI faction. Stop at Defensive, that way they don't get ideas. If one of those dwarf factions to the west is constantly asking to upgrade to a full alliance, it's because they want to attack someone with your help and force you to break one of your treaties. gently caress them, they can sit in their holds and give me trade income like good little components of my hegemony.

Agreed. The more comitted you get, the more you get dragged into their bullshit.

Also those fuckers you are trying to absorb via confederation will only do it if they are about to get their poo poo kicked in and god help you if you agree to confederating just because it suddenly went 'green' before seeing that huge doomstack sieging one of their frontier settlements :shepicide: . Doubly so if you're Dwarves and end up with like 5 grudges for your trouble.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

wiegieman posted:

I like getting into those WW1 style alliances where a minor member like Karak Norn gets attacked by a vampire and 15 factions declare war on him.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Gejnor posted:

Short rundown:

You are the best Gejnor, this sounds great.

Is there any chance you could rename the Arch Lector office to Grand Theogonist just so I can be super spergy about assigning Volkmar?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

You are the best Gejnor, this sounds great.

Is there any chance you could rename the Arch Lector office to Grand Theogonist just so I can be super spergy about assigning Volkmar?

Thank you thank you!

And uuh well it could be done but its not only done for Volkmar in Mind, even though the title's about the same, also the offices all follow a rank system set by CA.

Theres two level 1's, two level 5's and two level 10's. Ive tried to keep their bonuses with that in mind so that they become better the higher level they are (though i will admit that Supreme Patriarch is still a bit lackluster in comparison, but at the same time i feel adding more would make it too strong). Arch Lector is a level 5 office and renaming it to Grand Theogonist feels like it should be stronger somehow, and that sort of disrupts the flow established by CA.

I really just wanted to make the offices better, not change them entirely, to reflect on changes and the bonuses that DLC's have brought to the forefront. In this case i looked at the Wood Elves offices, and though i didn't go as far as they do, as they are unlocked by building stuff too so thats an extra requirement, while all of the empire ones are available as soon as you have a lord with the proper rank.

Oh, i also gave a small bonus to the Emperor "office", it had nothing and that felt a bit meh, especially considering the closest thing to it is Orion, who gets a +20% sack/raze income bonus. Karl gets a sweet little -10% recruitment cost to his army instead.

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 18, 2017

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'd vote for a diplo bonus with empire factions instead. It's super weird that being de jure ruler of all those human poo poo heads does nothing in the diplo screen.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

genericnick posted:

I'd vote for a diplo bonus with empire factions instead. It's super weird that being de jure ruler of all those human poo poo heads does nothing in the diplo screen.

Surely this is already represented in the Underdog/Imperial Suspicion traits?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

genericnick posted:

Thats what Karl's new unique skill "Statesman" does, +10 Diplomatic Relations to Empire, Bretonnia and Dwarfs. I also baked in two other +10 to Empire factions diplomatic bonuses into some existing techs, so the empire can get a bonus of +30 diplomatic relations with Empire factions.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Neat trick with Bretonnian factions: do your best to have multiple Lords reinforcing a battle. This is a trait trigger for Saviour, a trait that gives a 10% charge and speed bonus to the reinforcing Lord's entire army, which totally rules for all the cavalry you're using.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

I wish you could gift units and settlements to vassals. I also wish you could target razed settlements as to encourage your allies/vassals to recolonize them.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

toasterwarrior posted:

Neat trick with Bretonnian factions: do your best to have multiple Lords reinforcing a battle. This is a trait trigger for Saviour, a trait that gives a 10% charge and speed bonus to the reinforcing Lord's entire army, which totally rules for all the cavalry you're using.

Yeah just hire another army, either a life wizard or melee hero depending on which ll you are, on the first turn and use them to punching bag the orcs along with your main stack. you end up getting two big lords, each with great traits for winning fights, saving each other, and being in low public order provinces.

i fire all but the essential units so you can get your economy going and the fights are actually a bit challenging too

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
So: to get through the errantry war, do I really need to march all the way to the edge of the Badlands? Where's my teleport button?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Krazyface posted:

So: to get through the errantry war, do I really need to march all the way to the edge of the Badlands? Where's my teleport button?

Seems like a bit too important to allow you to teleport to the campaign victory. Just raid and sack your way there, First Crusade-style.

e: Might end up not being terribly chivalrous.

• Locked thread