Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

And of course the final thing that ruins the base: a detonator that triggers on pressing a button instead of any fancy timers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

For Power Rangers... this is kinda hosed up.

yeah even for someone jaded to the whole 'oh final episodes of a toku show, time for the constantly foiled villains to actually start being competent' i'm kinda impressed with how ballsy they went here

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Talow posted:

And of course the final thing that ruins the base: a detonator that triggers on pressing a button instead of any fancy timers.

and of course the reason the rangers couldn't fend off the initial attack is because divatox actually brought all her mooks at once and outnumbered them

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
bye Justin!

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

and of course the reason the rangers couldn't fend off the initial attack is because divatox actually brought all her mooks at once and outnumbered them

I was checking in periodically and only caught the final bit where they was fighting in the base and the base being blown the gently caress up, I missed the lead up to that. So yay, competency.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Time for Power Rangers in Low Earth Orbit!

I'm on my way out the door for work, and that means I'm gonna miss the Psycho Rangers arc, which makes me very sad.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Don't use your powers for personal gain... BUT I'm allowed to influence how NASA designs their shuttles in case I need to lean on them to use it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Five
Four
Three
Two
One
:siren: Rangers in Space! :siren:

Edit: Fun detail in that for the first episode they still list Divatox as the villain in the opening credits.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 18, 2017

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Note: If you have a shoestring budget, don't leave Earth - the space CGI is sooo soo bad.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Was that a NASADA space station, or did they just so happen to have a perfect docking station for that particular space shuttle shape?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Note: If you have a shoestring budget, don't leave Earth - the space CGI is sooo soo bad.

poor fools thought they could just use megaranger's space footage

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Talow posted:

Was that a NASADA space station, or did they just so happen to have a perfect docking station for that particular space shuttle shape?

Basically, Zordon gave NASADA the specs for "their" shuttle, knowing Rangers fleeing Earth would need it to turn the Space Rangers ship into a Zord.

Zordon doesn't gently caress around.

E: christ, the Space uniforms would be visually perfect without those squares on the chest.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

poor fools thought they could just use megaranger's space footage
Which turned out to be a videogame themed show, so they went fuckit and did their space story on a shoestrong budget anyway. :v:

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

Basically, Zordon gave NASADA the specs for "their" shuttle, knowing Rangers fleeing Earth would need it to turn the Space Rangers ship into a Zord.

Zordon doesn't gently caress around.

E: christ, the Space uniforms would be visually perfect without those squares on the chest.

Ok, that's what, 4 or 5 different back-up plans Zordon had in case poo poo went horribly wrong and the rangers lost their power yet again? That's honestly impressive.

Agreed on the space uniforms.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Whatever else you say about Zordon, you can't say he wasn't prepared.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zedd posted:

Which turned out to be a videogame themed show, so they went fuckit and did their space story on a shoestrong budget anyway. :v:

eh megaranger isn't really a video game themed show, it's about modern technology in general(well modern by mid 90s japan standards)

buuuuuut i can sorta see people getting that misconception from the first episode

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

eh megaranger isn't really a video game themed show, it's about modern technology in general(well modern by mid 90s japan standards)

buuuuuut i can sorta see people getting that misconception from the first episode
Sorry, I'm going by what I read online, I have not seen megaranger outside of the stuff in Gokaiger.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

megaranger btw owns bones and i'm only really still watching the stream because i wanna see how in space compares to it

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Zordon puts on a brave face, but he's a dude with major paranoia issues. There's always something worse out there, and you better have a plan to cut and run.

And Ashley is seconds into wanting to go where no human has ever gone.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Brother Entropy posted:

And that's why the pink ranger has a mid-90s cellphone in her helmet.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

In his defense, he had 10,000 years to prep.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

And that's why the pink ranger has a mid-90s cellphone in her helmet.

same with red having a desktop computer and...yellow i wanna say, having one of those fancy new things called digital cameras

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

So eager to ditch the other 4 people that he forgot to ditch Alpha with them. Good job Andros.

Talow fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Mar 18, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

everyone please enjoy the engrish at the top left of the megaranger transformation sequence that saban for some reason decided to leave in their version

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The chat was full of "Andros kidnapped Alpha!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I forgot how hilarious early Astronema is.

Brother Entropy posted:

everyone please enjoy the engrish at the top left of the megaranger transformation sequence that saban for some reason decided to leave in their version

REALITY GANGSTER

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

You know, considering all the poo poo Bulk and Skull has seen and gotten up to, I'm surprised they fainted from spotting a UFO.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Talow posted:

Ok, that's what, 4 or 5 different back-up plans Zordon had in case poo poo went horribly wrong and the rangers lost their power yet again? That's honestly impressive.

Agreed on the space uniforms.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Zordon had his extra dimensional hands involved in setting up a bunch of the teams that came after him as well, he seems that prepared and paranoid

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Before she became a nurse at Sacred Heart, Laverne operated a food joint for Power Rangers.

Also, Andros is a Jedi. Because.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Zordon had his extra dimensional hands involved in setting up a bunch of the teams that came after him as well, he seems that prepared and paranoid
I'm just imagining the inside of his tube has a bunch of newspaper clippings about archaeological discoveries connected by thumbtacks and strings of yarn.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Brother Entropy posted:

I only just noticed this from watching Megaranger and seeing In Space but isn't the back of their jackets and the belt buckle supposed to be an envelope to represent email?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm just imagining the inside of his tube has a bunch of newspaper clippings about archaeological discoveries connected by thumbtacks and strings of yarn.

Zordon squints at his cork board, slowly attaches red string between "FLYING TURTLE ISLAND" and "TIME SQUAD".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

MadScientistWorking posted:

I only just noticed this from watching Megaranger and seeing In Space but isn't the back of their jackets and the belt buckle supposed to be an envelope to represent email?
Yep.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Oh, and some trivia about the actor who played Professor Phenomenous: whenever he got sick of working, he'd play up the tired-old-man act to get sent home, then walk out, light a cigar, and drive away calling the on set director a putz.

E: hahaha chat calling the mooks Jontrons

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 18, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ha, lovely MORPHING COMPLETE badly imposed over the MEGA[COLOR].

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MadScientistWorking posted:

poo poo i never caught that, i thought it was just a vaguely M-ish shape for mega

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Funky Valentine posted:

Ha, lovely MORPHING COMPLETE badly imposed over the MEGA[COLOR].
They missed a few mega[color] earlier when they were in the VR chamber.

Brother Entropy posted:

poo poo i never caught that, i thought it was just a vaguely M-ish shape for mega
Everyone who draws the symbol on the internet draws it as a stylized envelope so who knows.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

To be fair there was a little bit of a space element in Megaranger (such as all their mecha being based on space craft) but aside from occasionally fighting in orbit and going to the moon once they never actually left Earth.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

And there goes the entirety of Angel Grove's space budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Talow posted:

And there goes the entirety of Angel Grove's space budget.
You would think that but Lost Galaxy says otherwise.....