Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Once you get to the final sector of verdun heights I would not recommend playing scout or medic. Get a gun that shoots many bullets very quickly and it's more tolerable. It's where I got my 15 autoloader kills and it was unbelievablely awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
frontlines is fun, but like most bf modes a well coordinated team will just roll through the map like its nothing

i also unlocked the new scout infantry rifle, makes a bad rear end sound but the sight sits really high up or something odd

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Do assignments work on custom servers? I might head over to a double ticket count server to tackle some of those '15 kills in one round' with a certain gun.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
8 minutes of horsing around on Soissons. With bonus skyhorse at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqsfz7XzwAY

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

SquirrelGrip posted:

frontlines is fun, but like most bf modes a well coordinated team will just roll through the map like its nothing

i also unlocked the new scout infantry rifle, makes a bad rear end sound but the sight sits really high up or something odd

I've been trying to star the 1907 Trench and Jesus Christ the aim seems off. I shouldn't play a video game and think to myself, "Ehhh, I think I could have made that shot myself."

Also the Chauchat being an unlockable gun is hysterical (to history/gun folks) because it had an OPEN fixed (i think fixed but it doesn't matter) magazine in the muddy trenches. It was horrible.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Charging into a contested point and releasing a pigeon from the St Chamond is the new jihad.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
:cheers: whoops I got that and the char 2c confused. My first time in the St Chamond ended up in an ambush by another St Chamond on a bridge, so, pigeon & I bailed, blowing up his support infantry and then him respectively. Best buddy cop movie ever

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
:madmax:

http://i.imgur.com/6e1945O.gifv

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the dlc, is good

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
The new tank behemoth gives me a sudden irresistible urge to drop everything I am doing and throw piles of lives at taking it down.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

glad that verdun hights brings back my second favorite part of BC:V, namely the map being half on fire holy poo poo :black101:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nash posted:

The new tank behemoth gives me a sudden irresistible urge to drop everything I am doing and throw piles of lives at taking it down.

i have noticed that it is a better distraction than it is offensive weapon. in conquest my team usually loses a few objectives immediately because everyone zergs the tank.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Same. I see the Char 2C is on the board, and I cannot stop myself picking assault for the closest spawn and going after the bastard. And I don't even like playing assault.

The double XP this week, along with the new gun unlock process, as been perfect for levelling my assault and medic to rank 10 to get their final warbond primaries too. Oh be warned, the "do X kills in a round" assignment is bugged. You need to do that SECOND for it to stay completed. I did the 15 M97 kills on Fort Vaux, but hadn't gotten my 50 10A slug kills first, so imma need to do that again. Yeah... :dice:

After a lot more play, Verdun Heights is the only map I'm a bit iffy on. Looks AMAZING, but it's essentially old Suez in many ways, just a big endless fight over the centre flag. I'd like a horse, or even just some motorbikes, to allow for some rushes for the rear flags maybe. Just something to break it up. I mean ideally it'd extend to include another flag on the hillside above B/C to make it less linear. It's still a fun map, and once it becomes part of a full 14 map rotation I'll give even less of a gently caress about any issues, but if anything needs a little tweak it's this one. Totally loving the other three without reservation.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

frontlines is fantastic for the "x kills in a round" assignments

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

TBeats posted:

i have noticed that it is a better distraction than it is offensive weapon. in conquest my team usually loses a few objectives immediately because everyone zergs the tank.

You are 100% correct. My favorite part in past BF games has always been tank killing so a tank behemoth is like my own special crack. I cannot resist even though I know it is most likely going to kill me. I am a lovely scrub.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Going for some MP18 headshots, so pissing about in the smaller map modes in the DLC:

Verdun Heights: this is just the burning hillside part of the map, and it's great for running around on shooting dudes. First time round, it started in the fog and it looked like being inside hell itself. Frankly they should have fog on all the time for that part of the map. When the sun came out it was less sinister, but still a good bit of terrain to fight over. Was fun in both TDM and Domination.

Soissons: This is the little village at the B flag. Densely packed buildings with a little stream running through, perfect for an interesting bit of small squad gameplay. Very much enjoyed.

Fort Vaux: Eh, it's just the inside of the fort itself leading out to the breach at C. Fine, but nothing special. You like corridors?

Rupture: Oh poo poo, this actually has two maps. Did some TDM earlier in the rotation (I seem to be in a mix of TDM and Domination). One of the maps is the little rail depot near the spawn point for the Germans. This is new territory, as it includes the little branch line further south, which has a giant train cannon firing away intermittantly. Pretty cool stuff.

The second map is a series of trench networks over by the A flag. Shellholes and rusted tanks, and the entire thing overgrown with poppies. loving gorgeous it is. Tons of fun to run around on.

Anyway, if you are into the small map fun, that's what you get.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i feel like they turned down the contrast with this update. maps just seem a little bit darker.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
a gift! :3:

http://i.imgur.com/cb7oImV.gifv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYfBd-kozR0&t=65s

pretty sure it oneshots arty trucks and twoshots hotdog tanks

little hotdog tanks :unsmigghh:

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 17, 2017

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
67-1 with darts on Soissons. Those tiny capture points make for some huge multikills.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I like most of the weapon assignments. The assault are the most boring though. Make it like 5 vehicle kills or disables or something. I love how they got scouts to use their flares more.

Well gotta do that m18 headshots this weekend. I guess I'll just play tdm or domination until then.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I am the worst sniper so I spent a game ambushing wookies point blank for my 5 scoped russian trench headshots in a round and after the 5th one the counter just fuckin reset itself :saddowns: :dice:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If you enjoy the 1895 sniper the lebel is amazing. Basically the same sweet spot range (very slightly further) but with almost zero bullet drop. It also feels powerful as hell. The reload sucks but if you're wooking it up you probably have cover you can hide behind

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The 2C brings out both the worst tank behavior and the worst behemoth behavior. I only had one that actually stuck around where there was infanty and help with a big push, the rest just shout YOLO then beeline at the nearest point before getting shredded

Best thing to do is to just follow the tank and enjoy the fact that your now practically invisible and can mow dudes down with little issue

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
lol they gimped the artillery truck and added infinite grenades for infantry. gg dice.

Thankfully flying is a lot of fun.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
the party truck was too good to last :911:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've unlocked all the dlc weapons except the ribeye and the chauchat telescopic because gently caress mp18 optical headshots and gently caress how terrible mortars are. But otherwise I'm impressed with most of the new guns. I love the RSC factory, that two shot kill makes it far more interesting to use vs other medic guns. I like the lebel a lot too, it's probably the best sounding scout rifle excluding the Martini but it's hard to sound better than a black powder rifle. Chauchat is a beast but I'm not sure about the sjogren. Why pick it over the 10a hunter? Or even the m97 shotgun.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

lol they gimped the artillery truck and added infinite grenades for infantry. gg dice.

Thankfully flying is a lot of fun.

What did they change about it

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

What did they change about it

Feels like a lot less survivability. I could usually pop quick repair and get away from a bad situation, now it feels like I'm down in two shots.

But like it was said, flying is great especially right now after the AA nerf.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
the whole grenade respawn thing is one of the most stupid decisions they could have made. I really don't know where that idea came from.

taking away one of the scout flame traps was a real dumb idea too

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The st chamod also wrecks arty trucks since the main gun is just as strong and it has wayyy more armor

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

sunday at work posted:

Feels like a lot less survivability. I could usually pop quick repair and get away from a bad situation, now it feels like I'm down in two shots.

I've noticed players in general have gotten a lot better at taking down arty trucks the last few weeks. Used to be I could party my way around a map with impunity, the last couple of weeks I've barely been able to cap a single point.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

sunday at work posted:

Ehh. I was worried they would nerf damage so this seems not as bad even if it isn't warranted. In my opinion the armor was already fine; it's just that pubbies are huge retards that run directly at your front with their anti tank grenade out. Instead of, you know, sneaking around the back and combining the grenade with the anti tank rifle. Guess I'll see how it feels...

If they wanted to balance the arty truck they could have just lowered the damage to infantry. Damage to other armor is okay, mostly because the loving ricochets on the landship and heavy are ridiculous.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

FastestGunAlive posted:

Ehh. I was worried they would nerf damage so this seems not as bad even if it isn't warranted. In my opinion the armor was already fine; it's just that pubbies are huge retards that run directly at your front with their anti tank grenade out. Instead of, you know, sneaking around the back and combining the grenade with the anti tank rifle. Guess I'll see how it feels...

If they wanted to balance the arty truck they could have just lowered the damage to infantry. Damage to other armor is okay, mostly because the loving ricochets on the landship and heavy are ridiculous.

I mean, having the arty truck have the same survivability as any of the tanks was ridiculous out the gate.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The arty truck was as armored as the landship and heavy? K

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

light tank exists

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
It does exist. They should fix the howitzer variant so it's useful again like in the beta.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Using the app or website to look at your loadout still resets every loadout including vehicles to their defaults.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
The only difference I noticed with the arty truck is that quick repair only heals like 10 damage. I think that's for every vehicle with it though.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Played some quick rounds. Didn't have a chance to grab the truck. Grenade timer is okay - takes long enough to recharge to prevent spam but I still prefer the old way. Flew a bit as well, AA seemed negligible but that could have just been dumbass pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Did they nerf the AA damage or the range? Feels like the damage but I still tore apart some pub planes last night.