Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I really underestimated how strong Emil is drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sean10mm posted:

I apologize for asking again, but nobody has answered it and Google isn't helping: can you invert y axis on the mouse in this game or not?

I haven't tried it myself but there is an option for that in the game.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I just got halfway through route C and holy poo poo I almost cried. Why 2B, why. :whitewater: gently caress running around with that infection, though. Surrounded and waiting for the ability to jump suuuuucked.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I have completed route C and I'm looking to wrap up the remaining content but getting extremely frustrated, I have tried to start Emil's memories but can't interact with the lunar tear in the commercial district and I can't seem to find the Robo-sensei anymore to wrap up that quest line. I have tried googling to find a good resource and fextralife has not been particularly helpful. Can anyone recommend a resource?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Route C exploration question: When I ran back through the dark version of the lower factory, there's a big neon-lit something off in the distance that's visible in the background in a couple spots. Anyone know what that is?

Also, there's a fourth collector tower visible down in the copied city. Weird. Maybe it was there in Route A with the intention of being one of the three that get shot above ground and they just forgot to remove it for Route C?

Corte posted:

I have completed route C and I'm looking to wrap up the remaining content but getting extremely frustrated, I have tried to start Emil's memories but can't interact with the lunar tear in the commercial district and I can't seem to find the Robo-sensei anymore to wrap up that quest line. I have tried googling to find a good resource and fextralife has not been particularly helpful. Can anyone recommend a resource?

Even if you already did it before, you need to talk to Emil at his shop first. That's the first step in the quest and it got reset when you used chapter select. Robo-sensei is only available during certain points of the story. I think he first pops up after you first fight Adam, but I'm not certain.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 18, 2017

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly

Helter Skelter posted:

Update graphics drivers if possible, disable SLI if you have it enabled, run in windowed mode if you aren't already (use that borderless gaming app for a borderless windowed mode), and try disabling antialiasing if you have it enabled.

Yeah, this seems to have worked for now. I'm past the tutorial level now, at any rate. Thanks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Is there any way to reliably get the witch time chip? I want it inside of me ASAP.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Any advice for collecting upgrade materials? Only like 3 of my weapons are upgraded.

Also I noticed that skills have levels anyway to raise that or do I buy higher level skills?

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Oh my god you guys, I was playing and during a part where I was getting attacked by 50 robots at the same time, I'm not sure, but I think a frame or two dropped.

This is UNACCEPTABLE, biggest blunder of 2017. #RIPsquareenix

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mindblast posted:

There was a goon in this thread who posted in a way that clearly showed they weren't aware of the fact that 2B, 9S etc weren't human. So yeah some people don't check out anything and just palmslam downloaded the demo(or maybe even the full game?).

As for pc performance trip report:
with the following specs:
windows 7
8GB ram
i5-2500k
GTX 970

The game ran a little better than ps4-levels of performance minus the microstuttering with all the settings maxed out on a gen 2 intel ssd. Turning AA down from x8 to x4 got solid performance gains. I have yet to run a stat overlay but it feels 60 fps at all times now(then again I am used to how it runs on ps4). I'm sort of wondering if the ps4 version even has ambient occlusion, though. It's such a resource hog for relative small visual gains, it may be the thing to tweak to stabilize matters further if needed.

I just started the game but it felt like it was supposed to be a "reveal" when you see 9s with no leg and circuits and stuff instead of blood.

Also after playing the demo I was like "Ha, calling it, the twist is gonna be the same as the first Nier"

Then the desert with the robot pit... man. That was a lot more emotional than I was expecting this early on

As for PC I have a similar setup to you with more RAM and windowed mode is now running ok but Fullscreen was a disaster.

Monomythian posted:

Oh my god you guys, I was playing and during a part where I was getting attacked by 50 robots at the same time, I'm not sure, but I think a frame or two dropped.

This is UNACCEPTABLE, biggest blunder of 2017. #RIPsquareenix

No, if you don't read up about it online and try to do Fullscreen mode for some reason it looks like and performs really, really bad. So the solution is to play it windowed :/

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently there's a ton of people dying in the intro and refunding the game. That's kinda crazy.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

HGH posted:

Apparently there's a ton of people dying in the intro and refunding the game. That's kinda crazy.

Frankly I'm not surprised - it's a really long way to a save point - as in - finish the drat intro - and the intro isn't trivially easy - on hard it's actually well....hard.

Once you start the actual game, save points are plentiful and and saving and so on isn't an issue at all.

Still playing the intro on Normal or Hard as you are just learning the game and have to restart from the very start on death is a pretty rough way to start out.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

HGH posted:

Probably dying after 20 minutes, losing all progress, being forced to rewatch the intro, and thinking the whole game will be like that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah I died on the boss and that drained a lot of motivation when I realized what that meant.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I was curious how so many people plat'd the game already, then I found out you can buy trophies.

I feel no shame in buying the "all endings" trophy after getting ending E, because it would just be following a guide to check things off a list.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Running a i56600k and gtx 1070. Game looks awesome and no issues other than the obvious frame drop during cutscenes.

The intro is annoyingly long to go without saves though, which is understandable. You lose like 45 minutes of progress if you die to the boss. But its way more tolerable than mgs5's hour long boring intro.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I died on the first boss then on my second try the game froze but still played in the background and I had to force close it. Not tried a third time yet :v:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

In all seriousness, set the game to easy, get past the intro, then adjust the difficulty to where you want it. It's essentially impossible to die on easy.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Trying to max all the weapons reeeeally makes me wish the enemy data had like loot lists at least.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So does the game ever tell you about that pod throw because gently caress me it rules. There's a dang mini-Fastball Special in this game and I had to find it out from the Internet. Kicking robots in the head is good.

Also the hidden fight in the Amusement Park is awesome. Would not want to do it without hacking though. Good thing you have to hack to set it off I guess.

Just Speed Star and that collecting documents one to go now, and I'm guesing I can't complete the latter just yet. Also gently caress Speed Star. Anywhere to buy Speed Salves? I'm thinking of just leaving it for now.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

E: ^^ upgrade spoiler. If you use speed+ chips, evade+ chips and use the pod program that creates a black hole you can turn the odds around.

Romes128 posted:

Running a i56600k and gtx 1070. Game looks awesome and no issues other than the obvious frame drop during cutscenes.

The intro is annoyingly long to go without saves though, which is understandable. You lose like 45 minutes of progress if you die to the boss. But its way more tolerable than mgs5's hour long boring intro.

Considering I had seen the intro a couple of times already I just put it on easy mode with the auto chips on and enjoyed the semi-interactive slaughter. But yeah it is a rather harsh choice to make saving the way it is and making hard mode the way it is. It is understandable it throws people for a loop.

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 18, 2017

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

McDragon posted:

So does the game ever tell you about that pod throw because gently caress me it rules. There's a dang mini-Fastball Special in this game and I had to find it out from the Internet. Kicking robots in the head is good.

Also the hidden fight in the Amusement Park is awesome. Would not want to do it without hacking though. Good thing you have to hack to set it off I guess.

Just Speed Star and that collecting documents one to go now, and I'm guesing I can't complete the latter just yet. Also gently caress Speed Star. Anywhere to buy Speed Salves? I'm thinking of just leaving it for now.

Speed Star pro-tips:

First race: This one is pretty simple and hopefully you can do it just by running.

Second race: Go straight forward from the start and land on the ground. Run up to the building that has the finish line, turn right, run up the big vine. You want to jump off the vine onto the building at a height that you just land and keep moving as opposed to having to pull yourself up the ledge. The rest is just moving fast and jumping up correctly. Good place to use speed salves if you've been saving them up.

Third race: Stack overclock chips until you have the max 5.5s slowdown from a perfect dodge. Jump down from the start, run towards the little robots that are down there, perfect dodge one of their attacks, then run the route around the crater until you reach the finish. If you land properly and make the dodge (even if you need to wait a second or two for them to attack) the overclock gives you a huge buffer of time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Intoluene posted:

I just got halfway through route C and holy poo poo I almost cried. Why 2B, why. :whitewater: gently caress running around with that infection, though. Surrounded and waiting for the ability to jump suuuuucked.

This is actually right at the beginning of Route C! Quite a lot of game to go yet. :getin: Still, it's meant to be really awful and lovely to be infected because, y'know, 2B is dying and that's bad.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yo I want to punch things but the basic hands aren't holding up anymore, can someone tell me in spoilers exactly where and when I can get some goddamn combat bracers? Thanks.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yo I want to punch things but the basic hands aren't holding up anymore, can someone tell me in spoilers exactly where and when I can get some goddamn combat bracers? Thanks.

get to the forest area and and around the middle of the zone you can jump up on some cliffs, on one of the cliffs you can reach with platforming is a tree with a shrine inside containing some combat bracers. you don't need to defeat the high level enemies.

if there's a pair accessible before this, it's evaded my notice

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Emil sells some combat bracers if you stop him around the bridge to the Factory IIRC

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I'm just realizing the song for Emil's shop is just his theme set to a goofy march and in a major key, which makes it even more hilarious, god bless this good boy

EVERY DAY'S A SALE

EVERY SALE'S A WIN

BUY STUFF NOW OR KICK YOURSELF LATER

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

Route C exploration question: When I ran back through the dark version of the lower factory, there's a big neon-lit something off in the distance that's visible in the background in a couple spots. Anyone know what that is?

Also, there's a fourth collector tower visible down in the copied city. Weird. Maybe it was there in Route A with the intention of being one of the three that get shot above ground and they just forgot to remove it for Route C?

Even if you already did it before, you need to talk to Emil at his shop first. That's the first step in the quest and it got reset when you used chapter select. Robo-sensei is only available during certain points of the story. I think he first pops up after you first fight Adam, but I'm not certain.

Thank you for your assistance, going forward with this quest I have Emil's mask but now when I talk to him in the city near the desert he won't loving trigger the next step, I've checked youtube videos and fextralife and I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Do I need to be 99?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I think the game's greatest merit is the whole juxtaposed tone of a sad, tragic post-post-post-apocalypse with a lot of cute things living in it. It gives you this bizarre sad clown effect.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

buglord posted:

What are your specs? Running a GTX1070, i5 6500, 8GB RAM, SSD. Settings at max on 1080p resolution. Silky smooth during gameplay, :whitewater: during cutscenes.

I have a GTX 980 Ti, i7-4790K, 16 GB RAM, and a 2 TB SSD

I checked the Steam page and I think it matches the best performance

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just wish the game had quick travel or something because despite 2B being fast as all hell it still takes a while to get to other places
I actually can't even remember how to get to the desert

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Calaveron posted:

I just wish the game had quick travel or something because despite 2B being fast as all hell it still takes a while to get to other places
I actually can't even remember how to get to the desert

It does, keep going with the main quest if you want it asap. You won't fail quests by playing to that point to unlock it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

melodicwaffle posted:

I'm just realizing the song for Emil's shop is just his theme set to a goofy march and in a major key, which makes it even more hilarious, god bless this good boy

EVERY DAY'S A SALE

EVERY SALE'S A WIN

He's a very upbeat boy when you consider everything he's been through over the years.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

melodicwaffle posted:

EVERY DAY'S A SALE

EVERY SALE'S A WIN

EVERY DAY IS GREAT! WHEN! YOU'RE! ME!

He and Mikhail should hang out

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This is actually right at the beginning of Route C! Quite a lot of game to go yet. :getin: Still, it's meant to be really awful and lovely to be infected because, y'know, 2B is dying and that's bad.

on the one hand, you're right

on the other hand, 2b spazzed out in the middle of a jump and I fell into the crater. it was really hard to get out of there with no jumps or dodges and a tiny robot punched me all the way back down to the bottom at least once. took a while to get out and it sucked

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
Is this supposed to be the game icon?

Also, running this on a GTX 660, i5 3570, 8GB RAM and it seems "ok" even though Geforce Experience won't show the fps for the game.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

New player questions:

Whats the deal with all the annoyingly locked boxes?

How does taunt work ? Mashing left stick just turns pods light on and off ?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

on the one hand, you're right

on the other hand, 2b spazzed out in the middle of a jump and I fell into the crater. it was really hard to get out of there with no jumps or dodges and a tiny robot punched me all the way back down to the bottom at least once. took a while to get out and it sucked

There's videos out there of a Moose just deciding to chill on the bridge right at the end and being impossible to get past which is probably one of the bugs Taro said he left in because it's hilarious and because he hates everyone

Qmass posted:

New player questions:

Second playthrough stuff for the boxes.

That works to taunt enemies but taunting is generally something you'll come to use much later on. The game will explicitly tell you once taunting may be a good idea.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 18, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Qmass posted:

New player questions:

You'll be able to get those boxes open on your second playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That works to taunt enemies but taunting is generally something you'll come to use much later on. The game will explicitly tell you once taunting may be a good idea.

Wait, how do you taunt?