Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Tellers offices doesn't sound like any room on chalet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
consulate, major brain fart. i had just lost on chalet when I posted that and the 'c' got stuck in my head.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Why are enemies the only thing that lights up in glaz's thermal? At the very least your team should as well, if not every light source as well as a handful of other ambient heat sources that could be added to serve to balance it out a bit.

Edit: heat sources such as existing pipes and grates on maps glowing, other areas that would make sense to radiate heat - maybe also appliances, vehicles, etc

Also, all these attackers with weird electric gadgets makes me want more anti-electronics ops on defense. Someone very similar to thatcher would own, maybe a emp charge they can place on a wall or floor and trigger.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 17, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
In return, the bodies will stay warm forever, so you shoot corpses and warn the enemy of your presence.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

one time, on chalet, I fuzed the hostage room (tellers offices). i killed 3 enemies and didn't scratch the hostage, and now I fuze the hostage at every opportunity trying to chase that sexual thrill.

And that children is how Fuze discovered the ecstasy of edging.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

causticBeet posted:

Also, all these attackers with weird electric gadgets makes me want more anti-electronics ops on defense. Someone very similar to thatcher would own, maybe a emp charge they can place on a wall or floor and trigger.

iq is secretly the best operator in teh game for this put a silencer on her pistol and roll grenades under door cracks :ssh:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Apparently if you get downed while throwing a grenade it restarts the throw after you hit the deck

https://gfycat.com/MintyAmpleBorzoi

:saddowns:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

ok so I recently got a decent deal on this so I grabbed it. I've only played a couple of the tutorials so far. What do I need to know other than:

1: Hard needs to fix his game.
2: Communication is (obviously) important.
3: I will never not have connection issues.
4: If I want to play with goons, get in the discord.
5: I should really break my usual habit of not using a mic.

Also:
1: Which operators are good to start out with?
2: Which operators suck?
3: Which waifu is best?

edit:
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hexenritter/
Uplay: Hexenritter_

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hexenritter posted:

ok so I recently got a decent deal on this so I grabbed it. I've only played a couple of the tutorials so far. What do I need to know other than:

1: Hard needs to fix his game.
2: Communication is (obviously) important.
3: I will never not have connection issues.
4: If I want to play with goons, get in the discord.
5: I should really break my usual habit of not using a mic.

Also:
1: Which operators are good to start out with?
2: Which operators suck?
3: Which waifu is best?

edit:
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hexenritter/
Uplay: Hexenritter_

Best starting operators for each CTU:

GIGN - Rook
SAS - Sledge
FBI - Ash
Spetz - Kapkan
GSG9 - Jager

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Also my personal waifu, Rudy Reyes from Generation Kill is not in Siege, so the best waifu in the game is prolly IQ.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

GIGN - Rook
SAS - SMOKE
FBI - Ash
Spetz - Kapkan
GSG9 - BLITZ

FIFY

Also my personal waifu, Rudy Reyes from Generation Kill is not in Siege, so the best waifu in the game is prolly IQ.

Hibana, camo uniform, white hood. :wink:

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 18, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

There is also a mumble server

Basticle posted:

Apparently if you get downed while throwing a grenade it restarts the throw after you hit the deck

https://gfycat.com/MintyAmpleBorzoi

:saddowns:

Yeah if you get shot while holding a grenade you drop it

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Spetz - Kapkan

That's a lie, it's unironically Fuze.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

New players will Fuze hostages, teammates and themselves. Kapkan can't gently caress up that big.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

New glaz is very noob friendly with his enemy highlighter

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

causticBeet posted:

Edit: heat sources such as existing pipes and grates on maps glowing, other areas that would make sense to radiate heat - maybe also appliances, vehicles, etc

Painstakingly pouring through every object in every map in the game to work out what would emit heat sounds like way more effort than it's worth for a single gadget.

I do think the hostage and probably teammates should glow the same yellow though but maybe there are balance reasons to not do that.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thanks guys,

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

There is also a mumble server

CTS?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Hexenritter posted:

Thanks guys,

CTS?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796734

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Danke, mein herr.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

New players will Fuze hostages, teammates and themselves. Kapkan can't gently caress up that big.

You have to be actively trying to do any of these things. Play Fuze and get your free kills in low level games.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

quote:

"Beginning in late March, the Technical Test Server will be available for a select group of PC players in the West Europe region. The players that will be invited to this test were selected from the most active players in the Western European region."

I am really surprised its EU and not US.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I dunno, I play with EU friends regularly and when I go back to US servers it always feels like the EU players are markedly better. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most populated server region too.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paradigmata posted:

I am really surprised its EU and not US.
I too am surprised that the only country with professional Siege players is getting the technical test server.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I know myself that Asia > EU > US > Slavs, but I have no clue about the amount of professional Siege players in each region. I dont think having good teamplay and 20ms faster reaction time is importent when it comes to try and break game mechanics in a test enviroment. I am pretty sure US players can hump a wall as good as EU ones, so I only considered the amount of potential players provided by the region and never assumed EU has more players than US. Did we ever get numbers on the distribution of people?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paradigmata posted:

I know myself that Asia > EU > US > Slavs, but I have no clue about the amount of professional Siege players in each region. I dont think having good teamplay and 20ms faster reaction time is importent when it comes to try and break game mechanics in a test enviroment. I am pretty sure US players can hump a wall as good as EU ones, so I only considered the amount of potential players provided by the region and never assumed EU has more players than US. Did we ever get numbers on the distribution of people?
I wouldn't jump to guess that US players can hump a wall, you don't even have one yet. And no, I'll disagree with that "flowchart", US is canonically the rock bottom. Slavs play well, they often just suck at literally every other thing.

Anyways, realtalk - France is in Western Europe, so the server goes there. It's a Francophone game, and Quebec has population of 3.5 people.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You don't even have one yet.
I am european tho.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Slavs play well
¨
Hoh boy....
Slavs are by far the worst regular players in FPS you will encounter on EU servers. Taking Siege as an example, you will only rarely even see a slavs in diamond. I wouldnt even be able to say I have seen/heard more than 5 in total and in Season three I have not seen a single one. I am not joking here. Slavs are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Skill in first person shooters. Additional taking CSGO as an example, slavs make up at least 90% of the hackers that come on my server, which can be explained due to their complete lack of skill.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paradigmata posted:

I am european tho.
¨
Hoh boy....
Slavs are by far the worst regular players in FPS you will encounter on EU servers. Taking Siege as an example, you will only rarely even see a slavs in diamond. I wouldnt even be able to say I have seen/heard more than 5 in total and in Season three I have not seen a single one. I am not joking here. Slavs are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to Skill in first person shooters. Additional taking CSGO as an example, slavs make up at least 90% of the hackers that come on my server, which can be explained due to their complete lack of skill.
Hate to break it, but I'm from Eastern Europe, and in 15 years that I'm playing FPS games online, there have always been more well playing Slavs than other Europeans, because every Slav country is a poor shithole where the only thing a young person can do is play videogames all day. I understand the video game racism in Europe and can't be arsed to dissuade you from it, but the ~evidence~ you bring is hardly conclusive, or even factual at all, especially if you are going to claim that cheating is almost exclusive to them.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 18, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Hate to break it, but I'm from Eastern Europe, and in 15 years that I'm playing FPS games, there have always been more well playing Slavs than other Europeans, because every Slav country is a poor shithole where the only thing a young person can do is play videogames all day. I understand the video game racism in Europe and can't be arsed to dissuade you from it, but the ~evidence~ you bring is hardly conclusive, or even factual at all, especially if you are going to claim that cheating is almost exclusive to them.

Speaking as a former server admin for a number of bad games, the people we had the most trouble with were either Russian, Greek, or Brazilian. And when we ran a server based in Seattle, New Zealanders.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Speaking as a former server admin for a number of bad games, the people we had the most trouble with were either Russian, Greek, or Brazilian.
Eastern Europeans are people I have the most trouble as well, in absence of non-English speaking foreigners, but that has no correlation with their ability to play. 10 year old Swedes hike, 10 year old Greeks swim in sea, 10 year old Belarus sit in carpet decorated room of a falling apart panel complex and play video games. The ~stereotipically racial crime~ of Slavs in video games is real money trading, since they can actually live better off it than by working a regular job. Cheating is the same as elsewhere, it's just more of them, and they are hated more.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Hate to break it, but I'm from Eastern Europe, and in 15 years that I'm playing FPS games, there have always been more well playing Slavs than other Europeans, because every Slav country is a poor shithole where the only thing a young person can do is play videogames all day. I understand the video game racism in Europe and can't be arsed to dissuade you from it, but the ~evidence~ you bring is hardly conclusive, or even factual at all, especially if you are going to claim that cheating is almost exclusive to them.

My oppinion comes from 12 years of active online fps playing including 5 years of professional e-sport and having insight to hacker communities over moderator access to organner, x22 and iniuria, 1 year of anti cheat administration in the ESL and 3 season of chilling in diamond in siege and rarely encounter them with a diamond ranking.
Also here the servers stats of the server I was talking about :
////correct server, the the swiss guy pushing his country is mehttp://stats.usa.fettihit.eu/hlstats.php?mode=countryclans&game=trav&sort=kpd&sortorder=desc

If we really want to talk more about shootman skill distribution in the european hemisphere we probably should take that into IMs, since that is far from Siege related discussion at that point, which got derailed from the Test Servers.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Mar 18, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

As much as I'd love to chat about it, as I've said before I'm hardly interested in a discussion that begins with singling out Slavs, notedly hated group of gamers, as a separate non-European bunch. Doesn't helps that you attribute literally every wrong thing with them, contrary to what common sense would dictate. I do believe that worst Slavs play worse than most, and that the best of them are not somehow ethnically inferior and unable to learn in spite of usually larger time and effort put into upping their game. There'd be more to it to consider, but alas I do not have gaming credentials I can boast with in circumvention of self-awareness and statistics.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Mar 18, 2017

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
May receive flak for this, but I genuinely wish they would debuff Glaz. Sure, it should make it easier for me to play him, but I never had much of a problem racking up kills with him before. Now, I'd be surprised to go a match where he didn't show up. And all it takes is for the slightest bit of your character popping out for Glaz to see. It would be one thing if there were other heat sources, but unrealistically, there aren't. Doesn't help that his gun already has insane damage and almost no recoil. He just seems too OP now and I can barely use him anymore without someone rushing to the pick. Let's not even getting started on those smoke grenades.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Where do my people; the Saint Petersburg Somalis fit into the gaming hierarchy

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Nickname Pending posted:

May receive flak for this, but I genuinely wish they would debuff Glaz. Sure, it should make it easier for me to play him, but I never had much of a problem racking up kills with him before. Now, I'd be surprised to go a match where he didn't show up. And all it takes is for the slightest bit of your character popping out for Glaz to see. It would be one thing if there were other heat sources, but unrealistically, there aren't. Doesn't help that his gun already has insane damage and almost no recoil. He just seems too OP now and I can barely use him anymore without someone rushing to the pick. Let's not even getting started on those smoke grenades.

How would you debuff him besides maybie remove his smoke but give him grenades instead or add heat signatures to every charakter model in the game? His RPM shouldnt really be touched.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I mean it's small wonder that Europe gets the test server, I guess that they expect the player numbers skyrocket when they're adding 2 new European operators this year. Wonder if Poland is western enough for Ubisoft to get into the test servers :v:

Paradigmata posted:

How would you debuff him besides maybie remove his smoke but give him grenades instead or add heat signatures to every charakter model in the game? His RPM shouldnt really be touched.
You could increase the zoom on his gun and maybe remove the ability to put a silencer on it. This would discourage players from just running into the smoke and blasting fools close range. I don't think that having smoke grenades is the problem here, I think people are overreacting since they were rarely used before, and they need to adapt and find out ways to protect themselves. That's why I think the close range thing is a problem - now if Glaz deicdes to do it, you have no ways to counter it, except fire blindly into the smoke, but you don't know if he's entering or not, and shooting exposes you.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 18, 2017

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
This change has increased the use of the lovely client side smoke, which is disappointing.

The thermals are fine on their own but the ability to see them through smoke is frankly ridiculous. Smoke should be the counter to this ability, not an enhancer.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that flies in the face of how we expect smoke to work in real life and would make zero sense from a gameplay balance perspective because attackers are the ones who bring smoke grenades, not defenders

unless you're using smoke's gadget to block vision in which case your poo poo is hosed up worse than I realized

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Welp, thats hardly how i would have envisioned an argument between Sniper and Para :suspense:

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
New Glaz is fine and also encourages more use of Castle on windows which is kind of cool hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that flies in the face of how we expect smoke to work in real life and would make zero sense from a gameplay balance perspective because attackers are the ones who bring smoke grenades, not defenders

unless you're using smoke's gadget to block vision in which case your poo poo is hosed up worse than I realized

I thought the military use smoke that blocks infrared.

• Locked thread