Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
So uh... this might be really real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4EticTspcg

It's a bunch of leaked dialogue from one of the romances (Vetra, with Scott Ryder)

Set to stupid music, but still... real.

uh

i'll be in my bunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

CottonWolf posted:

You can. I would advise "Flo", but name your Ryder whatever makes you happy.
"Ruff"

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

bees everywhere posted:

I really enjoyed the trial too, the MP was really great when it wasn't lagging, hopefully they can improve the lag because that can be frustrating, otherwise this is a pretty good game. Maybe those who were super hyped are going to be let down but I wasn't really planning on buying this anyway until i played the trial.

Think its peer to peer so its luck of the draw, duder. loving why not server hosted EA in charge of being retarded again.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Hedrigall posted:

They're just push-starting a volkswagen, dude.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hedrigall posted:

It's a bunch of leaked dialogue from one of the romances (Vetra, with Scott Ryder)

uh

i'll be in my bunk

I wonder if they'll give the nude Turian model tits. I think it's 50/50 Turians will have human breasts under those chest plates.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I wonder if they'll give the nude Turian model tits. I think it's 50/50 Turians will have human breasts under those chest plates.

Nipples like sandpaper though...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SweetBro posted:

To be fair it's not even 10 hours. If you ignore the obvious open world garbage collectathon it's more like 3 hours before you get cut off. That being said, you still come out a bit ahead if you get EA access and buy the game due to discount it gives you.

"a bit ahead" is $48 on GMG, not $59 at Origin

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

bluegoon posted:

Nipples like sandpaper though...

Yo. These posts and that avatar...not a good combo my man.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Probably my last post in this thread as I'm not going to bother playing any more of this for a while. I've just restarted DA:I and the difference really is astounding. Within a few minutes of starting you've got a good story going on and have been introduced to three interesting characters.

However the one thing that's really stood out is the direction of the conversation cutscenes. It seemed that almost all the conversations in Andromeda are just straight back and forth headshots with nothing else really going on. The facial animations stand out because there's really nothing else to distract you. Like in DA:I the facial animation isn't hugely better, but the characters actually move around and do things, and there are more than two camera angles.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

uh

i'll be in my bunk

Somehow you not liking Careless Whisper is way more unsettling than your alien loving gimmick

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ijyt posted:

Played up to getting to the Nexus, really fun so far. Some weird clipping issues that you'd think they fix and I don't know how you miss the Nexus tram having a map of the Hyperion instead.

I thought that's a really glaring mistake to miss too, but thinking about it it might be the car you came from the Hyperion from - and the map behind you is actually the map to access poo poo, so it might have been deliberate.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
of course scott ryder is a moaner, smh

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I feel like i'm losing my mind listening to some of the complaints in this game. Namely: Pathfinder. This game gives more pathos and meaning to your character's title than any other Bioware game I can think of. The Hyperion just had a handful of folks who were supposed to find a new home world wake up, and do that. Habitat 7 was a bust. Without a home, we can't wake up the rest of the 20,000 people on board. We get to the Nexus and they're equally hosed. They didn't sit on their rear end either, they put down a serious scouting and operations center on the closest viable planet: Eos. They sent satallites out to other planets. They had a mutiny and all the leadership fell apart and the Krogans left. They have a new enemy that won't talk and seems to out right hate them. This has been going on for 14 months. When you show up and they realize you are Pathfinder, several of the current leadership tell you to gently caress right off. Only a handful of lowbies show you respect, and they have good justifications to do so. You were apart of the team designed to find a homeworld, and everyone's survival depends on that. Now through nepotism you're the leader of that team and some folks like it because it gives hope, some folks hate it because it takes hope away. There are 3 other Pathfinder teams, all lost. There was supposed to be a team from each ark. With all the other arks missing, the viable planets not being viable, food supplies not running low per se, but they are limited, and now the Hyperion is powering the Nexus, which also won't last forever. When you showed up their drat lights were turned off because they couldn't pay the bill. You are the ONE dude who can fix this based on your resume, and you got the position through nepotism. Again, some folks hate it. Some folks, rightfully so, see you as the savior. They want to believe everything will be ok, that they'll live, and that there is reason to hope. Of ALL the things ME:A might not get right, THIS IS NOT one of them.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
HES A MOANER JERRY

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

careless whisper applied to perfection~

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd forgotten EDI-bot was a thing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Naw dude pathfinder is pretty lame

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The 4th one from the right Officer. I'd recognize those shifty eyes anywhere.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Wasn't really into the MP at first. When it's not laggy it can be fun. Having a DOOM music playlist is helping a lot. Hoping to unlock some good feeling guns soon. Grinding my way through everything with a charger and my flame turret right now.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Groetgaffel posted:

If Inquisition had less of the MMO-esque bullshit it would've been a really good game.

I'm pretty sure we will say the same thing about ME:A a year or two from now. Why do they force all this OW poo poo into these games? Because it's what's the big thing is currently? Didn't see them put lovely QTE when this was all the rage.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Zelder posted:

Somehow you not liking Careless Whisper is way more unsettling than your alien loving gimmick

I'm just trying to get this thread back to the right kind of bad, rather than the weird kind of bad we had for the last couple of days thanks to that mentally unstable dude

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hedrigall posted:

I'm just trying to get this thread back to the right kind of bad, rather than the weird kind of bad we had for the last couple of days thanks to that mentally unstable dude

ya

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Decius posted:

I'm pretty sure we will say the same thing about ME:A a year or two from now. Why do they force all this OW poo poo into these games? Because it's what's the big thing is currently? Didn't see them put lovely QTE when this was all the rage.

its pads gamelength which seems to be 1 of the most important thing for gamers when judging ur game

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Who's that on the far right? I can recognize all others. (Fourth from right is Ashley?)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Pretty sure that's audio from them climbing a cliff or something. Unless that's the joke?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Norns posted:

Naw dude pathfinder is pretty lame

WhATs wroNG with...

PATHfinDER?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
During the stream last night, Scott walked into Vetra's quarters and she was talking to her little sister who ~~totally thought Scott was cute~~ aka the same thing that happened in ME1 with Ashley.

Decius posted:

They started making this game 5 years ago because OW was a big thing and people were all about games that took hundreds of hours to complete even though most of that was driving your car/riding your horse/killing trash mobs/cookie cutter fetch quests.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

its pads gamelength which seems to be 1 of the most important thing for gamers when judging ur game

It's the same way my fat in laws review restaurants.

By portion size...

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Decius posted:

It pads out the game time they can advertise and givesa list of "activities" so their open world isn't just a lot of empty space between actual interesting things to do.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I wonder if more romance audio has leaked. I want to find out if Jaal's submissive mewlings are gigglesquee inducing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think the game is good but if you like it then thats good

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Who's that on the far right? I can recognize all others. (Fourth from right is Ashley?)

Eva Core, the robot that Edi takes over

Bossie Lott
Nov 21, 2010
The Omni-tool really bothers me. It just looks totally different to the OT one while also managing to look graphically worse.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

eonwe posted:

i dont think the game is good but if you like it then thats good

I think this makes you good, eonwe.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
I'm definitely naming my male character Dick.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

monster on a stick posted:

During the stream last night, Scott walked into Vetra's quarters and she was talking to her little sister who ~~totally thought Scott was cute~~ aka the same thing that happened in ME1 with Ashley.

There is a ton of stuff that is intentionally in to contrast with ME1. Even the squadmates are clearly just opposite-day examples of the human squadmates in ME1. Cora and Liam are reverse Ashely and Kaidan for instance. Vetra is the turian who bends the rules. Peebee is the asari scientist who is scatterbrained compared to Liara's stolid characterization and so on.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

monster on a stick posted:

I'm definitely naming my male character Dick.

Might I suggest Banana?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Nelson Mandingo posted:

There is a ton of stuff that is intentionally in to contrast with ME1. Even the squadmates are clearly just opposite-day examples of the human squadmates in ME1. Cora and Liam are reverse Ashely and Kaidan for instance. Vetra is the turian who bends the rules. Peebee is the asari scientist who is scatterbrained compared to Liara's stolid characterization and so on.

Almost like they are there to write poetry, not repeat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Norns posted:

Might I suggest Banana?

Too close to Ivana