Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

lmao this is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

bluegoon posted:

OK so I haven't jammed the demo, can you play like in me3 with cover based shooting instead of flying around? My wife said she hates the super zooming and poo poo and with my new TV it's going to make her hurl.

Is there like a regular rear end cover shooting build?

It's still a cover shooter. You spend most of your time in cover. Jumping makes it faster to change cover/attack however. No need to do so if you don't like it. Not a big fan of the soft cover system though. Have died a few times because I thought I'm in cover when I wasn't.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Sounds good, the thing that killed DA:I for me was the unengaging combat. If I can cover shoot for 100 hours fine whatever I'll stomache Shrek en the gang. Maybe I'm a dweeb but I liked ME combat.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Trial havers, how is the weapon weight and cool down system effecting your load out choices? Are you taking a noticeable hit for too many or too heavy weapons, do you get any benefit anymore for just carrying a pistol?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Unless there is a heavy rear end pistol you will never have a reason to roll with just a pistol. I have the starting pistol and a researched AR and I'm still under the weight limit. No bonus for being underweight anymore.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Crustashio posted:

Unless there is a heavy rear end pistol you will never have a reason to roll with less than 2 guns. I have the starting pistol and a researched AR and I'm still under the weight limit. No bonus for being underweight anymore.

I was thinking rolling with a sniper rifle and shotgun. I'm expecting that they'll be heavy enough that you'll get cooldown reductions unless you dig into their passive trees to make them lighter.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah, new weight system really opens up the weapon loadouts, especially in MP.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Trial havers, how is the weapon weight and cool down system effecting your load out choices? Are you taking a noticeable hit for too many or too heavy weapons, do you get any benefit anymore for just carrying a pistol?

Quite a penalty without spending skill points actually. With a Viper Sniper Rifle and a Mattock Assault Gun I have -45 % recharge rate early on.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

My hot take: Smart cover kinda isn't my thing

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Is the infiltrator bullet time while scoped thing still in?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
As dumb and as wild as this thread is, it ain't got poo poo on the rest of the net with people literally coming out and saying poo poo like "WHY WOULD YOU COME UP AND RUIN SOMEONE'S HYPE FOR THIS GAME?!". Of all the stupid things to defend in this industry, the sanctity of blind hype is beyond me.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

That settles it, pre-ordering now.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Wow the multiplayer severs are trash.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

ijyt posted:

Wow the multiplayer severs are trash.

That's cause there aren't any, it runs on local hosts.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

why probate utnayan instead of just probating everyone else who posts the same poo poo he does with less effort?

give utnayan a monopoly on criticizing this game, he was at least entertaining

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Well, Utnayan did just PM me an article about how they let an inexperienced cosplayer do facial animations for ME:A, so I guess that's something.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah honestly, even if the game turns out to be poo poo, I at least got my 60$ worth from Utanayan's posting.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Avalerion posted:

That's cause there aren't any, it runs on local hosts.

:psyduck:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

cams posted:

why probate utnayan instead of just probating everyone else who posts the same poo poo he does with less effort?

Why are you still talking about this dude holy poo poo

bear is driving! posted:

Well, Utnayan did just PM me an article about how they let an inexperienced cosplayer do facial animations for ME:A, so I guess that's something.

Same

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
So it sounds like the weight penalty is probably worth it early on when powers are kind of rear end anyway?

Norns posted:

Why are you still talking about this dude holy poo poo

The paid EA shilling is more effective when it's less obvious.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

:jerkbag:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cams posted:

Not only did I ask him not to do similar in the Switch thread recently but he devolved into insults and attacks and pretty nasty posting.

I do not want that sort of thing in Games. We can be nicer than that.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Mymla posted:

Is the infiltrator bullet time while scoped thing still in?

All bullet time stuff is gone.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are untold numbers of Utnayan style posts over on /v/ at any given time about any given game. If you're jonesing for some more, you can easily go get some.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

bear is driving! posted:

she's been an animator for about five years but it's easier to be a piece of poo poo and demean a woman for having a hobby if you're utnayan i think

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will probably buy it eventially, but probably at $30

seems like a better price point imho

RaptorChief
Feb 21, 2007

So how is the multiplayer? Is it basically the same as 3 where I level up guns with loot boxes? If so I'm still buying this game. The horde mode in ME3 was action packed, matches were quick, and had the fun/dissapointment of gambling with loot boxes. The whole time I felt like I was chasing the dragon and I mean that in a good way.

I'm not as dissapointed in the animations as much as other people seem to be, and I won't mind the single player as long as I can just switch to some good MP whenever I get bored. DA:I would have been a lot easier for me to get through if the multiplayer was good.

Also did anyone figure out how.multiplayer affects single player or can you not get far enough in single player yet to find out?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

VideoGames posted:

Not only did I ask him not to do similar in the Switch thread recently but he devolved into insults and attacks and pretty nasty posting.

I do not want that sort of thing in Games. We can be nicer than that.
boring

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

eonwe posted:

i will probably buy it eventially, but probably at $30

seems like a better price point imho

It 47 Dollar now at the lowest, so you might be able to get it at this price end of the month.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm enjoying flamethrowering things then blowing them up.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

she's been an animator for about five years but it's easier to be a piece of poo poo and demean a woman for having a hobby if you're utnayan i think

Did she animate the staring lady?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cams posted:

boring

I am sorry you do not wish for this thread to be better.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There's no way ME:A would lower in price that quickly, probably not even around the end of the year would it hit a sale price around 39.99.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
vg, you do a good job and are fair

if I ever get probated by you them id know i deserved it, thank you for being a better mod than mass effect andromeda is a game

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

So uhh, is this the.Mass Effect thread? Like, yknow, for the new game coming out? I read the last few pages trying to get a sense of if I should buy it and hooooboy.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
good god this looks awful

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Legs Benedict posted:

lmao, as if 1 person is responsible for the janky animation

any good artist put under enough pressur and not enough time will produce unfinished work. im gonna go out on a limb & think bioware didnt spend enough resources making animation rather than sum
F E M A L E ruined a space game

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Yeah what the gently caress is up with that, surely just ask someone from Dice to help you out with server side hosting stop postponing the meeting in Outlook!

Year of our Lord 2017, peer to peer.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Pawn 17 posted:

So uhh, is this the.Mass Effect thread? Like, yknow, for the new game coming out? I read the last few pages trying to get a sense of if I should buy it and hooooboy.

The game is flawed but probably alright. You can check out the first few hours for a fiver if you buy ea access

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

AndrewFL9 posted:

So how is the multiplayer? Is it basically the same as 3 where I level up guns with loot boxes? If so I'm still buying this game. The horde mode in ME3 was action packed, matches were quick, and had the fun/dissapointment of gambling with loot boxes. The whole time I felt like I was chasing the dragon and I mean that in a good way.

I'm not as dissapointed in the animations as much as other people seem to be, and I won't mind the single player as long as I can just switch to some good MP whenever I get bored. DA:I would have been a lot easier for me to get through if the multiplayer was good.

Also did anyone figure out how.multiplayer affects single player or can you not get far enough in single player yet to find out?

Yes, its the same.

For the SP-MP thing, you can send teams out to do missions, like the War Table in DA:I, but some of them you can run on your own in MP. They will have some kind of modifier, like less weapon damage but more power damage or whatever, and after you extract, you get your usual MP rewards but a loot chest for SP. There maybe other SP rewards, I dunno.