Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
using a team of olive, firion, ling, cecil, refia, and friend olive or noctis allows me to consistently beat elt

just gotta keep casting daunting step and barfira (on cecil) up every other turn

13k points a win atm is sweet :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, so I'm trying for Gilgamesh because I don't need to grind for King Mog funbux.

Need me that Bushido: Freedom for the ELT Ifrit thingie.

Need me a Y'shtola, since RNGesus will never give me a Ludmille.

I've gotten him down to the 30% threshold before the snowball that would be averted with Y'shtola or a Dualcast.

I'm using Lightning (with Holy Lance, Chirijiraden, and Water Blade,) Cecil, Ling (with Ramuh so I can Dispel if Cecil is busy healing or using his limit,) Refia (stock, with the best non-TM gear and no Dualcast) and Bartz (Golem Staff and Wind Spear.) Friend so far has been a Noctis, most of you have Excaliburs and either a Genji Blade or Chirijiraden.

I just can't seem to keep everyone with enough magic points and upright to keep up the skill sealing and wearing him down.

Iffrit on PRO no big deal; I need that Bushido: Freedom to do ELT.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So does the achievements page not work for anyone else? I'd like to see how close I am to the next reward, but it's just a no-go.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

So does the achievements page not work for anyone else? I'd like to see how close I am to the next reward, but it's just a no-go.

I've found it has a pretty long delay, but it works.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Trilin posted:

:siren:
Could all the goons packing Deathbringer on their Noctii swap to Excalibur? (Unless you have a cadre of dark damage dealers of course)
Elemental chains make taking down Ifrit much more feasible.
Also don't forget to switch to Ifrit for people still using Odin. (and that one goon using Golem for some reason)

That goon is probably Dana, who has their Lightning set up for a 100% dodge tank build against Gilgamesh.

Speaking of which, got him down, but didn't get the 5man achieve. Oh well, now I can try vs ELT Ifrit.

Gonna grind some HP materia and try again later.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 18, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mile'ionaha posted:

That goon is probably Dana, who has their Lightning set up for a 100% dodge tank build against Gilgamesh.

Speaking of which, got him down, but didn't get the 5man achieve. Oh well, now I can try vs ELT Ifrit.

Gonna grind some HP materia and try again later.

Speaking of, my general lack of pull luck and the fact I get mudhole stomped in less than three rounds on ELT Ifrit are trying to tell me to quit this game. So I'll keep an eye out on reddit because there are people saying the damage is bugged. But honestly even iif it is, unless it's not always happening, people are using similar units and the same tactics I am, and clearing it. So I'm either super dumb (most possible), or the bug only hits some people. But getting hit for 2000 dmg PER ATTACK just doesn't work when he decides to AOE 3 times in one round and whoops I'm dead. He doesn't care about being fully broken, and he doesn't care that I'm fully buffed. I'm just dead.

Also no, I don't have Ling, if I did, I could make her literally immune to Ifrit. (100% dodge, 150% fire resist)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've found it has a pretty long delay, but it works.

It just works now. I guess it was either a bug or lag so bad I never noticed it trying to load last night. Neato I have 73k points. Out of 1.6 million :negative:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Alright, I'm discounting ExviusWiki ratings to be terrible. Minfilia was rated almost an entire tier lower than where she should be, and she's even stronger in our version than the JP version.

Updated chart:

Also, if anyone wants to know where the lightweight whales stack on the rankings, this is ~45 kills:

Only ~200 more to go for a guaranteed Y'shtola... :suicide:

Varance fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 18, 2017

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

The damage is coming from Vulcan Burst.

I threw myself into ELT multiple times. I nearly won, once, with Cartoon Man's Marie but it took for-loving-ever.

Vulcan Burst claims to do Fire Physical Damage, but I think it just does Physical or possibly Unmitigated Physical.

In order to survive it, you need:
High HP.
Defense Buff
HIS attack Debuffed.

Every turn. All the time. Forever. This is more important than clearing the Fire Resist Debuff, even, if your innate resists are all near ~70%: just cast Barfira and move on. I got Bushido Freedom and it wasn't always worth using if it meant I lost Defense buffs. I have my Cecil's LB to Level 24, and it's a life changer.

I'm seriously considering how to make Maria viable. With a Flame shield, Minerva Bustier, and a couple HP+30% Materia... I might well sell my internet soul for a reliable source of Dispelga. As is, I just switched my TMR team to include Charlotte. Yes, That Charlotte, for a 2nd Equip H. Shield. I need every source of Defense I can get my hands on.

Dana Crysalis posted:

Speaking of, my general lack of pull luck and the fact I get mudhole stomped in less than three rounds on ELT Ifrit are trying to tell me to quit this game. So I'll keep an eye out on reddit because there are people saying the damage is bugged. But honestly even iif it is, unless it's not always happening, people are using similar units and the same tactics I am, and clearing it. So I'm either super dumb (most possible), or the bug only hits some people. But getting hit for 2000 dmg PER ATTACK just doesn't work when he decides to AOE 3 times in one round and whoops I'm dead. He doesn't care about being fully broken, and he doesn't care that I'm fully buffed. I'm just dead.

Also no, I don't have Ling, if I did, I could make her literally immune to Ifrit. (100% dodge, 150% fire resist)

Lightning with Flame Mail and Flame Shield and Ifrit could also become immune to Ling, at the cost of Dual Wielding.

That'd be an interesting experiment.

Varance posted:

Alright, I'm discounting ExviusWiki ratings to be terrible. Minfilia was rated almost an entire tier lower than where she should be, and she's even stronger in our version than the JP version.

Too bad she's so hard to get her innate Fire Resist up. Like, TMR only: Equip H. Shield and Minerva Bustier get her to 80%. Her 5-turn-long Defense buffs are great, though, when you note how important Defense buffs are for surviving Ifrit ELT.

pre:
Yun 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kaiser Knuckles +101ATK+Wind Element
Left Hand: Tamer's Whip +65ATK
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Crimson Slayer +52DEF+25%Fire +30%ATK With Fist Weapon
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Esper: Ifrit HP:5000 MP:2240 ATK:5320 DEF:3070 MAG:2190 SPR:2150
Total Stats: HP: 5139 MP: 219 ATK: 931 DEF: 422 MAG: 157 SPR: 188
As a final aside: gently caress YOU, Yun-havers. His TM, innate abilities, and equipment options make him BUILT to kill Ifrit.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 18, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Reminder: Global got this event very early, compared to the Japanese version and will likely NOT get into the upper ranks. JP had Aileen, Orlandeau, Tidus, Rikku, 6* Warrior of Light, 6* Garland, 6* Tilith, 6* Maxwell and 6* Lasswell by this point. I expect global to top out at Rank 15-17 for this reason... the power creep is nowhere near what it was on the other side.

Edit: And while there are a ton of freshly-minted Gregs and Nocts out there, unless you saved Metal Gigantaurs from the previous event, you're probably not going to be able to get them to 6* Lv 100 before the end of the event.

Varance fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 18, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Varance posted:

Reminder: Global got this event very early, compared to the Japanese version and will likely NOT get into the upper ranks. JP had Aileen, Orlandeau, Tidus, Rikku, 6* Warrior of Light, 6* Garland, 6* Tilith, 6* Maxwell and 6* Lasswell by this point. I expect global to top out at Rank 15-17 for this reason... the power creep is nowhere near what it was on the other side.

Edit: And while there are a ton of freshly-minted Gregs and Nocts out there, unless you saved Metal Gigantaurs from the previous event, you're probably not going to be able to get them to 6* Lv 100 before the end of the event.

We're at 13 on day 2, does his level health keep exponentially growing bigger? Unless it's a huge increase towards the higher levels, we should have him maxed in another day or two.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 18, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mile'ionaha posted:

Lightning with Flame Mail and Flame Shield and Ifrit could also become immune to Ling, at the cost of Dual Wielding.

That'd be an interesting experiment.

Lightning can't do Heavy Shields, equipping the materia for it would mean she'd lose paralyze immunity, and I'm pretty sure paralyzed people lose their dodge? But I'll try it anyway, why the heck not.

E: nope something hits her, then she got paralyzed, and it was all over round two.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 18, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cartoon Man posted:

We're at 13 on day 2, does his level health keep exponentially growing bigger? Unless it's a huge increase towards the higher levels, we should have him maxed in another day or two.
With each level, the health bar increases, while level down time decreases (we got only 15 hours for lv14). Additionally, units like Aileen and Orlandeau can drop a couple million damage on Ifrit in a single turn, and I highly doubt people are mass overkilling on ELT for extra damage on the counter as players were on the JP side.

Example of what a single Orlandeau + Orlandeau friend is capable of vs Ifrit ELT (3 turn kill), + Warrior of Light's 6* mitigation and Tilith's 6* heals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXta9piDeo8

That's what my pro clears look like. :stare:

Varance fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 18, 2017

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Varance posted:

Updated chart:

Also, if anyone wants to know where the lightweight whales stack on the rankings, this is ~45 kills:

Only ~200 more to go for a guaranteed Y'shtola... :suicide:

For what it's worth, there's a bit of an oddity with her ranking on the wiki; as while she's placed with the 11.5s, her numerical ranking is listed as 12.5. Her placing might have been an accident, or they may have revised her up and haven't bothered to move her yet..

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Finally managed to beat this fucker on LVL14.

Refia is an absolute powerhouse with Camouflage up. Yun just Raging Birds all day. Key is to have res >50% on all units. Always keep Focus, Barfira and Undermine up on boss. Always top up with heals. Ling and Noctis can do their poo poo.

drat that feels good.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I am getting better units off the 1/2 price daily than I did with tickets.

Just got my 5th Zidane.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Unoriginal One posted:

For what it's worth, there's a bit of an oddity with her ranking on the wiki; as while she's placed with the 11.5s, her numerical ranking is listed as 12.5. Her placing might have been an accident, or they may have revised her up and haven't bothered to move her yet..
Front page lists her as an 11.5.

Looks like the Asian global players might actually drive his health down quickly for some higher levels. Ifrit's getting his teeth kicked in right now.

Varance fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 18, 2017

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
So how's this dumb raid thing work, is there a point trying to beat Elite?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I caved and used all of my tickets and the few lapis I had left in single pills. Still no 5* units. This banner has won.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

You get orbs like arena to fight the boss, no stamina used.

Kill Ifrit for points. I forget how much it is on the lower two difficulties, but it's 2400 on PRO and 7000 on ELT. If you bail early (Escape/Smoke Bomb) it gets counted as a win, you get all the rewards, and whatever fraction of Ifrit's HP you damaged as your points. As the event goes on and people kill Ifrit more, he "levels up" and you get more bonus points. Him "levelling up" only affects rewards, not the actual fight.

If you die, you still get the same fraction as points, I think? But not the clear rewards. Something like that.

So at the very least, run ELT once with a smoke bomb or Mercedes/Shadow/Someone else with escape, cast magic 3 times, do some water damage, and then bail first turn before he attacks. You'll get the 100 lapis in clear rewards.

You also get 1/10 of your points in coins. You can spend them on the summoning screen to summon the event characters, trust moogles for only the event characters, and upgrade/forging materials for the event characters.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

If you don't have barfiraga, lots of fire resist gear, paralyze immunity, and whale DPS, then you probably should stick with Pro.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
As of a couple hours ago, Pro was giving 4960 for a clear. Elite is several thousand past that but unless you clear it fully, or can get Ifrit down below 1/3rd? health before wiping, you might as well just do Pro. Depending on the level Ifrit sits at for the bonus during the event you will be able to get Y'shtola with just Pro runs without having to use 24 or more (ie refills) orbs per day until the event ends.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm really having trouble with ELT and I should be able to at least do half its health (supposedly the point where it's worth more than PRO). Basically wiped on turn 2 with barely 5% damage done. Can people look at my party and help out?
http://imgur.com/a/lPkxt
Assume no TMs other than what you see and an unused Dual Wield materia, but I do own all the story/event rewards so far. I also pretty much have the option of any friend unit to take with me so you can factor that in.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

My first 11 pull, got Garland, Leon and Nine or whatever. No Noctis or Gilgamesh, but getting a few new ones is cool.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 18, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Olive is broke as hell and I wish I'd pulled her. Before I got Noctis every friend unit 5base would outdamage the rest of my team at their best, now it's Olive outdamaging Noct Yun COD Rain(break+buff) Chiz. Gross.

Event PSA:
Do PRO if you cannot do ELT
PRO right now is around 5000 points for a completion and even my badluckpull self can complete it

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Servaetes posted:

My first 11 pull, got Garland, Leon and Nine or whatever. No Noctis or Gilgamesh, but getting a few new ones is cool.

Awww, a Bedile moogle!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

After 30 tickets and 11 pull, I came out with a Luka, Vanille, a lot more Zidanes than 5 and completed my 2nd dual wield, boosted up some other stuff. Pretty happy with this all in all.

The five loving Ring of the Lucii moogles taunts me so. One day, man. One day.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It may have already been mentioned, but Ifrit is vulnerable to Exdeath's Imperil skill.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

a friend just happily reported back he got from a 11 pull and two half offs two Gilgamesh. gently caress

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Half-daily pulls: 1 week ago, rainbow Olive. Today, rainbow Gilgamesh. Whoa.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I seriously don't understand my luck with this game. I did a second 11 pull hoping to get some zidanes or good TM moogles, and I got my second Queen. Threw two more tickets, and I got my first Gilgamesh. I've now pulled more rainbows on this banner than Zidanes. :psyduck:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Almost have Thancred's TMR, though I am sure there are several others in here way ahead of me.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

hagie posted:

Almost have Thancred's TMR, though I am sure there are several others in here way ahead of me.

Yeah, my Thancred's at 95%, so I guess I'll be starting another soon. Also, I pulled Y'shtola last night, so I've been dumping Gigantaurs from King Mog into her and Minfilia.

I like this raid gatcha. :unsmith:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
got luneth on the daily didn't have him yet so not bad

but yeah every few runs of elt ifrit seems to do that vulcan burst thing for huge damage regardless of buffs or breaks

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

One nice thing is that while Thancred is trash his TMR isn't bad to have multiples of unless you're past where you want ATK+10% materia. I'll load up my attackers with some +30%HP or so! :getin:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Cry Havoc posted:

but yeah every few runs of elt ifrit seems to do that vulcan burst thing for huge damage regardless of buffs or breaks

I get it on Pro once every 10ish, buffs and barfiras up but it gets sweaty for the ones lower than 5k for their DPS all the way builds.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We've been discussing on discord, a couple things to note:

Lings daunting step is 45% for two rounds but has less chance of connecting.

Noctis warp break is 30% for 3 turns and has more of chance of connecting.

Failure to get either means Refia gets wrecked.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I'm a new player currently planning on spending all my energy farming gil snapper this weekend. I noticed you can buy 4 metal cactuar on the store for 20,000 gil. Would that be worth buying?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I'm a new player currently planning on spending all my energy farming gil snapper this weekend. I noticed you can buy 4 metal cactuar on the store for 20,000 gil. Would that be worth buying?

No. Gil is actually a little hard to come by in the early goings. A maze, cactuar dunes, or king mog event happen often enough that you should just save your gil for those. You'll need every cent to fuse the gigantuars in the early going.

That being said....don't run gil snapper. I know it sounds like the opposite of what i just said, but gil is basically useless once you build a healthy stockpile and there are much more important things to use your nrg on.

Really the only rotating special vortex weekend you should actually do ever is Cactuar Dunes.

For now just run the story, you'll get plenty of stuffs and level at a good pace.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

How new? I'd re-roll like hell till I score Noctis or Gilgamesh...or Noctis and Gilgamesh!

• Locked thread