Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dennis is the best Arc-V character and I'm still waiting for the rest of his cards to be released, Konami. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I've posted my hate for Arc-V a lot of times, but 144 is a legit great episode and i'm glad Dennis got to show off.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That Yuya vs Dennis was a great duel only highlights the wasted potential in the show, really. The Entertainment Duel idea is really fun and, well, entertaining to watch whenever it's allowed to shine, but instead the series basically dropped it for drama and poor pacing, with the few moments of proper ENTAME we got being usually highlights.

I wish we had gotten a more cheerful show out of this, I guess. The idea of Yuya going around giving everyone EGAO through stupid fun duels is great and makes other characters more likable too, like the Tyler Sisters.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Blaze Dragon posted:

That Yuya vs Dennis was a great duel only highlights the wasted potential in the show, really. The Entertainment Duel idea is really fun and, well, entertaining to watch whenever it's allowed to shine, but instead the series basically dropped it for drama and poor pacing, with the few moments of proper ENTAME we got being usually highlights.

I wish we had gotten a more cheerful show out of this, I guess. The idea of Yuya going around giving everyone EGAO through stupid fun duels is great and makes other characters more likable too, like the Tyler Sisters.

That's why I think Jack is still the best entertainer in the franchise. He's the dude who played a card game riding a motorcycle against an insane cyborg that was destroying the road they were driving on while a civil war was going on and refused to pick up an action card to finish that match because it wasn't entertaining enough. Like, dude was really loving dedicated to being entertaining regardless of circumstances. Yuya kind of picked and chose when he got to be entertaining.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's such a shame that Arc-V had such a great start but the wheels fell off so badly. What isn't a shame is that the TV station that shows Arc-V in Australia is just replaying the Synchro season constantly; Yuya ends up in the XYZ dimension and then *boop* back to Yuya vs Reiji.
I now know the pain of the 90s kids that watched the Ocean dub of DBZ where it would reset to the start of the series just as Goku got there to gently caress up the Ginyus. This is the third or fourth time that they have gone through the hotel season but at least I got to see Sergei let his freak flag fly.

Unrelated, the same channel is also showing classic Yu-Gi-Oh and is up to Dungeon Dice Monsters. Duke is such a smug dick and I miss when the series would just make poo poo up as it went along.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 6, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

For someone who hasn't been following the card game it feels like they are making it up as they go along,

"check out these new cards I got magically that lets me summon all my monsters."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't believe a duel I've been waiting for since the first year of the series wound up being so loving lame.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 6, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The biggest problem with Arc V was the number of characters. There were so loving many of them. And no one past the lancers got enough screen time for us to give a poo poo about them. (And even half the lancers got shafted. Sorry, Gon.)

Maybe it is just the mechanics of a plot revolving around dimension hopping, but, for example, I completely forgot the Tyler Sisters were A Thing until they randomly popped up this last episode.

It wouldve been so much better if they had kept the LDS trio and stopped cramming returning characters down our throats.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Jack really is the King, here's hoping the second half of the duel doesn't end too quickly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy, Arc V just became the first anime to get all the top ten spots for worst rated episodes on nico nico.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hahahah

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Oh boy, Arc V just became the first anime to get all the top ten spots for worst rated episodes on nico nico.

This really just feels like a case of dogpiling by the fandom at this point. It's still funny, but it probably isn't really deserved in comparison to other shows on the site.

Also your av :cripes:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It deffo doesn't deserve it, but I can super see why it happened and i ain't objecting.

VRAINS is gonna start in May, btw, and it has The Best Character In Yu-Gi-Oh!

Onizuka Go, the muscleman duelist. His deck includes monsters such as: Gouki Twist Cobra and Gouki Suplex

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It deffo doesn't deserve it, but I can super see why it happened and i ain't objecting.

VRAINS is gonna start in May, btw, and it has The Best Character In Yu-Gi-Oh!

Onizuka Go, the muscleman duelist. His deck includes monsters such as: Gouki Twist Cobra and Gouki Suplex

Hopefully they learn from Gongenzaka and let him actually do things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He is gonna be a one episode antagonist

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Too good to be true.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

He is gonna be a one episode antagonist

Already confirmed as the buddy character, I think.

Julias posted:

This really just feels like a case of dogpiling by the fandom at this point. It's still funny, but it probably isn't really deserved in comparison to other shows on the site.

It doesn't deserve it. The show has problems, but I personally really don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be.

(I am aware I am alone in my opinion.)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dexie posted:

Already confirmed as the buddy character, I think.

Ah, so he'll get one good duel near the beginning and then get kidnapped, never to fight again

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

Ah, so he'll get one good duel near the beginning and then get kidnapped, never to fight again

Well, no. That's what the lead female (who has also been confirmed and uses an Idol deck) is for. :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dexie posted:

Well, no. That's what the lead female (who has also been confirmed and uses an Idol deck) is for. :v:

Said idol deck is a burn deck which focuses on lowering opponent's LP through effects, and her main monster (or at least what we've seen as it) increases its own attack by the burn damage other monsters of the archetype inflict.

I've always been a fan of burn decks, so I'm a fan of her already. I hope that deck is better than Red-Eyes.

Also Arc-V most definitely did not deserve the sheer hate it's getting, jesus. It didn't live up to what it should've been but it wasn't terrible either, and this part is more enjoyable than the Synchro Dimension.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I just want the next series to have a smaller cast. I got to Arc V late, took a look at the cast and went "I will not even attempt to care about any of them." Like I understand that they want to advertise cards, but just give multiple decks to a single character if possible.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

Said idol deck is a burn deck which focuses on lowering opponent's LP through effects, and her main monster (or at least what we've seen as it) increases its own attack by the burn damage other monsters of the archetype inflict.

I've always been a fan of burn decks, so I'm a fan of her already. I hope that deck is better than Red-Eyes.

Also Arc-V most definitely did not deserve the sheer hate it's getting, jesus. It didn't live up to what it should've been but it wasn't terrible either, and this part is more enjoyable than the Synchro Dimension.

It managed to have worse pacing than loving zexal, it deserves all the hate it can get

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Hopeford posted:

just give multiple decks to a single character if possible.

They did that. His name is Sawatari.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexie posted:

It doesn't deserve it. The show has problems, but I personally really don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be.

(I am aware I am alone in my opinion.)

Yeah, it's got dire, terrible issues, but Nico has something worse every day of the week. The main issue is that it pissed off fans in just the right way at just the right times and it's a 3-year show, so negative momentum just keeps going and going and going. You could probably have two full cours worth of episodes that have over 90% 5 rating, a full decent-length anime.

The big turning point where fan hate boiled up was in ep 87. Nearly two years in. That's enough build up for nerds to feel personally betrayed and enough time left over for bitterness to grow and lash out while most shows get to just drop and end before that much hate can happen.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

serefin99 posted:

They did that. His name is Sawatari.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, it's got dire, terrible issues, but Nico has something worse every day of the week. The main issue is that it pissed off fans in just the right way at just the right times and it's a 3-year show, so negative momentum just keeps going and going and going. You could probably have two full cours worth of episodes that have over 90% 5 rating, a full decent-length anime.

The big turning point where fan hate boiled up was in ep 87. Nearly two years in. That's enough build up for nerds to feel personally betrayed and enough time left over for bitterness to grow and lash out while most shows get to just drop and end before that much hate can happen.

Pretty much yeah. Here are the current rankings

1. ARC-V 143 - 3.2%
2. ARC-V 141 - 4.3%
3. ARC-V 142 - 4.7%
4. ARC-V 145 - 5.4%
5. ARC-V 122 - 6.1%
6. ARC-V 146 - 6.4%
7. ARC-V 140 - 6.6%
8. ARC-V 137 - 6.8%
9. ARC-V 130 - 7.3%
10. ARC-V 139 - 7.4%

(11-20)
11. BTOOOM 6 - 7.6%
12. ARC-V 134 - 8.0%
13. ARC-V 121 - 8.8%
14. ARC-V 136 - 9.0%
15. ARC-V 138 - 9.1%
16. ARC-V 131 - 9.3%
17. ARC-V 129 - 9.6%
18. ARC-V 118 - 10.3%
19. ARC-V 127 - 11.8%
20. ARC-V 132 - 12.7%

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hopeford posted:

I just want the next series to have a smaller cast. I got to Arc V late, took a look at the cast and went "I will not even attempt to care about any of them." Like I understand that they want to advertise cards, but just give multiple decks to a single character if possible.

The only thing worse than how massive the cast is that how much the cast is wasted. Gongenza and Sawatari are rad characters that get to do nothing of consequence and Yuzu is a massive dropped ball just by virtue of being a competent duelist when she's introduced. And then the Synchro dimension introduces a shitload of characters that you felt no connection to except for maybe Chojiro and Sergei.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dexie posted:

You're right. He will instead have a really great duel and train hard and then stick around but do nothing for a hundred episodes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

You know, 5Ds has bullshit mary sue Yusei and that's bad but at least Yusei's friends get to do poo poo too

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Yusei's friends got kidnapped and that was literally all they ever did.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kay Kessler posted:

Yusei's friends got kidnapped and that was literally all they ever did.

Jack did stuff

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

I'll forever love how 5Ds just loving stopped the plot sometimes to give Jack a cool scene. Like not even being sarcastic here, those were my favorite parts of 5Ds by far so I loved them.

"Hey guys there's this evil future organization and--"
"Jack now has an episode where he punches an entire gang and literally piles up their bodies. Like, literally. He tosses one on top of the other."
"But what does that--"
"gently caress it, Jack's rad."

"Hey guys, Crow is having a duel to prove things to himself and duel this team that uses Dark Magic with nothing but determination to avoid their attacks that do real damage!"
"Jack decides to take the real damage. In the face. And then win in one turn. And ride his motorcycle out of an explosion. He's literally unhurt, thus making Crow a crybaby."
"But...but Crow was afraid of dying if he got so much as touched by..."

"Hey guys, Jack literally just turned the devil into a trading card with powers not quite foreshadowed to surpass his old limitations."
"Didn't he already have an episode like that already like literally this season fighting his super awesome evil robot clone that never came up again?

"Hey guys, the green haired kid finally got his dragon and--Jack got the final blow because why not."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I stopped watching when Zarc showed up and from what I'm reading it sounds like the best part of the fusion arc is still Jack just showing up and driving his motorcycle on the wall.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Pretty much yeah. Here are the current rankings

1. ARC-V 143 - 3.2%
2. ARC-V 141 - 4.3%
3. ARC-V 142 - 4.7%
4. ARC-V 145 - 5.4%
5. ARC-V 122 - 6.1%
6. ARC-V 146 - 6.4%
7. ARC-V 140 - 6.6%
8. ARC-V 137 - 6.8%
9. ARC-V 130 - 7.3%
10. ARC-V 139 - 7.4%

(11-20)
11. BTOOOM 6 - 7.6%
12. ARC-V 134 - 8.0%
13. ARC-V 121 - 8.8%
14. ARC-V 136 - 9.0%
15. ARC-V 138 - 9.1%
16. ARC-V 131 - 9.3%
17. ARC-V 129 - 9.6%
18. ARC-V 118 - 10.3%
19. ARC-V 127 - 11.8%
20. ARC-V 132 - 12.7%

144 isn't here! Good job, Dennis, you don't suck.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

VJeff posted:

144 isn't here! Good job, Dennis, you don't suck.

Yup, that week got 17.9%, and only 38% of the 5 rating. It was so good it fought off the haters pretty well, then it was all back to business as usual.

Ending to the Jack duel felt meh, it was just an action card exchange.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Hopeford posted:

"Hey guys, Crow is having a duel to prove things to himself and duel this team that uses Dark Magic with nothing but determination to avoid their attacks that do real damage!"
"Jack decides to take the real damage. In the face. And then win in one turn. And ride his motorcycle out of an explosion. He's literally unhurt, thus making Crow a crybaby."
"But...but Crow was afraid of dying if he got so much as touched by..."

I never really watched 5D's, what episode is this? I need to see it.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

serefin99 posted:

I never really watched 5D's, what episode is this? I need to see it.

I think it's against Team Catastrophe, episodes 104-105.
Also, watch episode 76

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

JamMasterJim posted:

I think it's against Team Catastrophe, episodes 104-105.
Also, watch episode 76

just watched these episodes

"Why did you save me?"
"Because you aren't worthy of dying!"

Jack's rad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

No matter how bad 5D's and Arc-V get, Jack Atlas being in the frame means it's worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://ygorganization.com/goisgoaoiisblue/

Some more bits of info
The girl's VR name is Blue Angel, the guy uses his own name but with GO instead of Kanji. Full designs are shown in clear, and you can see Go's amazing design. His deck is wrestling moves as monsters, so his abs plate is probably meant to evoke a title belt, and its shape might also mean to evoke a tombstone (because tombstone piledriver)? either way that owns.

There's a special coming on April 5th with 4 celebrities, and I'm gonna go ahead and assume they're gonna be VA for VRAINS:
Louis Kurihara, a model with a bit of an acting career (2013-2014 saw him in 4 different live action manga adaptations), particularly as a guest in some morning shows. He looks about right to lead as Yusaku
Yanagi Miki, best known right now as Shark Zyuohger, the blue ranger of last year's sentai. She would be fitting for Aoi bc blue.
Kotouge Eiji and Nishimura Mizuki are both a comedy duo, with Eiji coming to LABO dressed as Kaiba. So i'm guessing Mizuki would be Go.