Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Crossposted from Trump Admin Thread:

Interesting and disturbing to see how things look inside the right wing media bubble.

I went on to Freep to see how the Merkel handshake snub was being discussed.

First of all I had to look hard to even find a single thread on the topic.

In that thread there is a photo, posted by many, of Trump taking Merkel's hand when she is first getting out of the car in front of the White House, and they had a handshake there before going in for the meeting.

So I'm presuming the post meeting photo op was the deliberate snub because he was displeased by the discussion, something pissed him off so he decided to snub her publicly afterwards in a fit of pique.

But because right wing articles circulate that one photo, the other event never happened and is FAKE NEWS. Most righties would never read an article or watch the video to even see it.

Kind of scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I keep seeing poo poo like this in all the RWM outlets I check regularly except WSJ and Fox

Who are these Republican "progressive conservative," "RINOS," "cuckservatives" or whatever they're called and where can I find them? :confused:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/16/media/sean-hannity-juan-williams-gun/

quote:

Still, Hannity's version of entertainment can go too far. Last year, after ending one of his many spirited on-air arguments with liberal contributor Juan Williams, Hannity pulled out a gun and pointed it directly at Williams, according to three sources with knowledge of the incident. He even turned on the laser sight, causing a red dot to bob around on Williams' body. (Hannity was just showing off, the sources said, but the unforeseen off-camera antic clearly disturbed Williams and others on set.)

"Sean Hannity has been trained in firearm safety since he was 11 years old and has a license to carry a gun in five states, including New York," Fox News said in a statement to CNNMoney. "The situation was thoroughly investigated and it was found that no one was put in any danger." (The spokesperson said the incident took place in October 2016.)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's good to know that pointing a gun at someone doesn't qualify as putting them in danger.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Xibanya posted:

Who are these Republican "progressive conservative," "RINOS," "cuckservatives" or whatever they're called and where can I find them? :confused:
You can find them anywhere with a Cracker Barrel but no Starbucks. And no, they will never in their loving life consider voting for another party.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's good to know that pointing a gun at someone doesn't qualify as putting them in danger.

It's a tool, just like any other tool!

like hannity

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.
If Hannity paid for that alleged firearm safety training, he should demand a refund because the teacher obviously didn't do a very good job. I'm not even a gun person, and I know very well that THE VERY FIRST loving GODDAMN THING THEY TEACH YOU is that "All guns are loaded."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hannity is the "that guy" that constantly asks how much you can squat/bench and what MMA/new manly workout fad you do.

The 100% black ops super secret solid snake training he paid for was probably him playing action man on a playground.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Xibanya posted:

I keep seeing poo poo like this in all the RWM outlets I check regularly except WSJ and Fox

which of the below best describes your senator?

☐ - far-right conservative
☐ - right-learning conservative
☐ - moderate conservative
☐ - left-leaning conservative
☑ - RINO CUCK

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Xibanya posted:

I've seen "cuckservative" be used as a flipping the script on The_Donald idiots, but never by RWM.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Xibanya posted:

If the majority favors it wouldn't that make the minority against it the RINOs?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Republicans posted:

If the majority favors it wouldn't that make the minority against it the RINOs?

NO
TRUE
SCOTSMAAAAAAAAAAAN!

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Xibanya posted:

National Review types I imagine who are fans of immigration and free trade because it lines the pockets of their overlords.

Random note: I kind of had a faint sliver of hope and praise for the National Review because they had several articles denouncing the Alt-Right and Trump supporters. Then I got an email from them about SJW's and then so I stopped giving them even that smidgen of respect.

All this bitching at each other is fun to look at but if there's one thing I've learned from the last election, the Right have no spine. Different philosophies and principles be damned, everyone will fall in line when it matters. This is not RWM but I thought this was a really good article and I wish I could be as naive now as I was when I read it.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Yeah most of the conservatives I know IRL denounce all congressmen as being too liberal and are on board with Trump while at the same time denouncing the alt-right and white nationalism. I think the only thing keeping them from embracing racism is that it doesn't jive with their self-image thanks to the general cultural perception that conscious racism is tacky and unsophisticated. Any time Richard Spencer or /pol/ comes up, one of my conservative friends handwaves them away with "they're harmless frustrated losers" -- if the prevailing cultural attitude that white supremacy is the domain of hicks and virgins goes away, hoo boy we will be in for some poo poo.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Xibanya posted:

[...]the prevailing cultural attitude that white supremacy is the domain of hicks and virgins goes away, hoo boy we will be in for some poo poo.

If -- or rather, when -- that happens, I'll not only support Nazi-punching, I'll support racist-murdering. They want a loving RAHOWA? Then we must be the Tolerant Left and give it to them.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
May the streets run red with their blood :black101:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Secret Agent X23 posted:

If Hannity paid for that alleged firearm safety training, he should demand a refund because the teacher obviously didn't do a very good job. I'm not even a gun person, and I know very well that THE VERY FIRST loving GODDAMN THING THEY TEACH YOU is that "All guns are loaded."

Hell, I'm British and never even so much as touched a gun but even I know the whole 'Always treat a gun like it's loaded, *never* point it at anyone' is rule number one.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Maybe Hannity isn't irresponsible, maybe he's just a sociopath and knew he would get away with it if he actually shot Williams.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Radish posted:

Maybe Hannity isn't irresponsible, maybe he's just a sociopath and knew he would get away with it if he actually shot Williams.

"That bastard stole my bullet! Charge his next of kin for a replacement!"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hannity also thinks showing your gun to cops at traffic stops is how black people should make those situations safer so maybe he was just trying to make Williams feel comfortable and that he had nothing to fear.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I had an awful nightmare earlier this week in which a close friend of mine outed himself to me as a white nationalist. If that really happened in real life it would gut me. I don't believe this person to be a crypto-nazi -- if I did they wouldn't be a friend -- but we now live in the era of horrible surprises. The radicalization of young white men in this country sometimes makes me want to die. :smithicide:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Radish posted:

Hannity also thinks showing your gun to cops at traffic stops is how black people should make those situations safer

Indeed a plan with no drawbacks.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Radish posted:

Hannity also thinks showing your gun to cops at traffic stops is how black people should make those situations safer

This reads like a loving 4chan troll.

"Hey black people! To make your everyday traffic stop safer, brandish your firearm at the officer! He'll be super pleased!"

Hannity is a loving troll.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/842835996253274112

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

It's me, I'm the one who thinks bible passages exist in a vacuum instead of surrounded by context.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Master Shake posted:

On Friday’s Mark Levin show, President Donald Trump mentioned a “talented lawyer” who spoke on Fox News and immediately certain news outlets said that Mark Levin was the one Trump was referring to. That was not Mark but Judge Napolitano. This shows how corrupt, partisan, incompetent, and diabolical the media in this country is. They cannot help but lie deceive and insinuate, because Mark exposed them.

The media needs to be held to account on the so called Trump and Russia ties. They have been caught red handed including the New York Times, the Guardian, CNN, BBC and others. You have to be the lowest of the low to promote a left wing meme that somehow the Russians were in collusion with Trump. They keep pushing it out there to delegitimize Trump and his election.

We know that Barack Obama wasn’t wiretapping Trump’s phone calls. Now we want to know if the media’s past reports on Russia and Trump collusion are true. Now the media is trying to reverse course. Were they lying to the American people or were they telling the truth?

After that, 5 judges on the 9th circuit went out of their way to rebuke their 3 colleagues on the 9th Circuit panel who decided to block Trump’s travel ban. The judges who blocked Trump now are applauded for what they do by the liberal media. This is a rogue judiciary and tyranny. If we can’t rely on judges to be judges, we are living in a third world banana republic.

The backpedaling would be hilarious if I didn't have friends gullible enough to believe this horseshit.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Xibanya posted:

The radicalization of young white men in this country sometimes makes me want to die. :smithicide:
If it helps, it does, to some very tiny extent, go both ways. Literally Jesus H. Christ Himself, Fisher of Men, Bringer of Peace on Earth, Son of God (R) wouldn't get two votes from the entire population of this thread.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If it helps, it does, to some very tiny extent, go both ways. Literally Jesus H. Christ Himself, Fisher of Men, Bringer of Peace on Earth, Son of God (R) wouldn't get two votes from the entire population of this thread.

i'd vote for the jeez if bernie was his vp

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Jazerus posted:

i'd vote for the jeez if bernie was his vp

Sorry, no way the ticket could have two Jews on it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Pro trolling right here.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Uh, yes they would, although how such a person managed to get the Republican nomination is itself a miracle.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Tesseraction posted:

Uh, yes they would, although how such a person managed to get the Republican nomination is itself a miracle.

Yep, if he showed the ability to steer the GOP away from the abyss, drat straight I'd give him a shot. The real question is how many votes he'd get from the conservative base these days.

Also that Erick, Son Of Erick tweet is some serious "It's hard out here for a conservative brony" poo poo.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Moktaro posted:

Also that Erick, Son Of Erick tweet is some serious "It's hard out here for a conservative brony" poo poo.

It may not be productive to call someone a blasphemous gently caress on twitter but boy did it feel good. Deleted it though, wouldn't want anyone to think I was "mad" or anything.

D1Sergo fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 19, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So right wing sources from Breitbart to LifeSiteNews have been calling for boycotts on Beauty and the Beast. One petition had 133,000 signatures.

Welp

quote:

Disney's live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast has delivered a film the size of a summer blockbuster in the month of March, debuting with not only a record-setting March opening weekend, but the seventh largest domestic opening of all-time as Disney now owns six of the top seven opening weekends of all-time.

With an estimated $170 million, Beauty and the Beast topped the previous March opening weekend record of $166 million set by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice just last year. It's also the seventh largest opening weekend ever, ahead of the $169.1 million opening for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 and just behind Iron Man 3's $174.1 million opening from May of 2013. It's also the largest opening for a PG-rated film, topping Finding Dory's previous record of $135 million, as well as the largest Spring opening weekend, fourth largest Saturday gross of all-time, sixth largest Sunday gross and eighth largest theater average for a wide opening release.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That's better than Star Wars The Force Awakening. No one gives a poo poo about these idiots, sadly except for the President and Congress.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ha, only the seventh largest opening weekend ever, that sure showed those gay-loving liberals!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Some comments

quote:

They win when you put your hard earned money down to see their garbage. SO many POTUS trashing actors and actresses in this one AND an unnecessary gay scene. Not for me or my family. #BoycottHollywood
-

Nor for mine! We saw The Shack instead. Not theologically sound, pushes "diversity" in a way that is stupidly obvious, and some of the acting was terrible, but it's a beautiful film nonetheless if you take it as an allegory and enjoy it as an exploration of the healing power of forgiveness. I figure it's a good attempt and Hollywood should know that there's a market for faith-oriented movies.
-
Oh look at the genetic love blossom on the big little screen once again. More delusional main stream garbage for kids once again.
-
#ProudHomophobe
-
Timothy 3:1-5 (NIV)

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

In regards to The Shack, jesus is played by Octavia Spencer.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

No, she's a different part of the Trinity. Jesus is played by a ME actor. The other third is played by an Asian lady. Huh.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

drat, that Timothy quote sounds an awful lot like somebody famous...

Lover of self and money, boastful, proud, abusive, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, conceited....

Just can't think of who that would be, though....

Anyway, make America great again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Radish posted:

That's better than Star Wars The Force Awakening. No one gives a poo poo about these idiots, sadly except for the President and Congress.

Ah but The Force Awakes was also subject to a boycott by MRA's so checkmate libtards. Both those films would have made 10 Kagillion dollars if it wasn't for their boycotts.