Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I mean they set up the choice, it wasn't a write in.

It was probably a choice between most-requested items.

I can only imagine someone at WS looking at that poll after it got circulated to TG fans and promptly going "ugh."

Broken record on this topic but the TG fanbase is still the most invisible loving thing that apparently has a presence that I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
We could've had Mob Psycho 100, but noooooooooooo....

(Probably because it would've demanded an earlier timeslot.)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Oh Snapple! posted:

It was probably a choice between most-requested items.

I can only imagine someone at WS looking at that poll after it got circulated to TG fans and promptly going "ugh."

Broken record on this topic but the TG fanbase is still the most invisible loving thing that apparently has a presence that I've ever seen.

I don't know why they would hate a show, especially rather solid one.

I think this is more wishful thinking than anything else,

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

We could've had Mob Psycho 100, but noooooooooooo....

(Probably because it would've demanded an earlier timeslot.)

or Lupin

Lupin would have been good.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't know why they would hate a show, especially rather solid one.

I think this is more wishful thinking than anything else,

"Hm we could have shown one of these two shows that are actually really good but instead it's the most generic-rear end edgy bullshit."

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 18, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Oh Snapple! posted:

or Lupin

Lupin would have been good.

"Hm we could have shown one of these two shows that are actually really good but instead it's the most generic-rear end edgy bullshit."

Ah so it is just wishful thinking. I don't care whether you like the show or not but don't try and graft it into others.

Also Tokyo Ghoul is not edgy at all.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ah so it is just wishful thinking. I don't care whether you like the show or not but don't try and graft it into others.

Now when people call it boring, do they mean "Bleach second-half" boring or "Gundam Unicorn" boring? Because Bleach at least was fun to mockwatch because of all the hilariously stupid dialogue, bullshit/counter-bullshit and silly character designs, while Gundam you're just sitting there in confusion trying to figure out just what is even going on through all the purple prose.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Now when people call it boring, do they mean "Bleach second-half" boring or "Gundam Unicorn" boring? Because Bleach at least was fun to mockwatch because of all the hilariously stupid dialogue, bullshit/counter-bullshit and silly character designs, while Gundam you're just sitting there in confusion trying to figure out just what is even going on through all the purple prose.

It's not hard to follow as it's rather simple plot wise, so I assume just to much talking for some.

Though to be honest I never saw Root A or whatever it's called.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

CharlestheHammer posted:

You say that, buuuuut...

that sure as poo poo ain't the impression i'm getting from this side of the lawn

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Argus Zant posted:

You say that, buuuuut...

that sure as poo poo ain't the impression i'm getting from this side of the lawn

Well like I said I haven't seen Root A which is what that is from. Also Root A isn't actually that close to the manga from what I hear.

Well I saw the first episode which you have to as they made a really weird season dividing decision.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Tokyo Ghoulies promo. Site won't embed the video.

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 18, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

livingfruitvirus posted:

Tokyo Ghoulies promo. Site won't embed the video.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I watched half of this show before getting bored and trust me, it's edgy enough.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK ON TOONAMI

Samurai Jack: It's been 50 years since we've last seen Jack. He's lost his sword, and seemingly his purpose. Meanwhile, seven women are raised from birth for the express purpose of killing Jack.

Dragon Ball Super: Goku's a Super Saiyan God! Let's fight!

Dragon Ball Kai: The complete waste of time that is the kid's bracket of the Budokai comes to a close and Trunks clowns Satan.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Storming the Pillar Men's HQ, Caesar gets clowned by Wamuu. It's very sad because we have no more Bryce.

Gundam Unicorn: Zeon Remnant forces attack the Federation's Capitol Building in Dakar in a feint operation to allow the Garencieres to safely descend to Earth. Banagher and the Unicorn Gundam are revealed to have been rescued by the Garencieres during re-entry, but he broods over the death of Gilboa by his hands. Meanwhile, Marida is transported to a Federation facility somewhere in North America, where Martha Vist Carbine manipulates her with the remains of a Qubeley mass-production unit, which she and other Ple clones piloted in the past. Audrey is held at the Marcenas estate, but she escapes captivity and stops by at a local diner, where she engages in an insightful conversation with the diner's elderly owner. Bright Noa is ordered to take Riddhe on board the Ra Cailum under his command, as well as capture the Garencieres. I am just copying from Wiki at this point.

Hunter x Hunter: Gon and Killua run into Leorio again, yay! But we need money for the auction, so let's fleece people! Oh no, it's the villains!

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

Steins;Gate: To save Mayuri, Okabe needs to undo every change to the past he and others have made. During this process, we have to make a woman accept her father's death and go on a date.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I watched half of this show before getting bored and trust me, it's edgy enough.

Is Parasyte considered edgy? Because they hit the same beats. Though edgy in general has lost most meaning.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I feel like it's all in the execution. And like I said, I've seen Tokyo Ghoul.

But this all doesn't change the fact that the series is dull as dirt anyway.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Perhaps the truth lies...somewhere in the middle. I'd honestly rather have the other posters come to their own conclusions on whether they like TG or not, since what little bit I've seen seemed fine, but it just wasn't the kind of story/setting that I liked. Posters on here seem to not care for dark/violent content, so those aspects shouldn't be a problem for them, and I'm sure at least a couple will actually enjoy it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm very willing to accept the possibility that I might be giving it an unfair shake, since I didn't see it in the best conditions, but I'm still not sure if I even like the premise.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm very willing to accept the possibility that I might be giving it an unfair shake, since I didn't see it in the best conditions, but I'm still not sure if I even like the premise.

Not liking the premise is fine, because I don't either :v:

But yeah, just writing it off like that without an explaination can color other viewer's perspectives a ton, and make the difference between a group having mixed reactions or straight up unabashedly hating/loving a property (looking at IBO/SAO and JJBA here)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm probably still just a bit salty about the Twitter poll, and I apologize for being so negative. It's not my usual way.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm personally not super interested in TG but I'll give it at least a couple episodes before I decide to do something else for that part of toonami

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Stairmaster posted:

steve blum looks like somebodys dad

He is in fact the dad of two somebodies.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I don't give a poo poo about Tokyo Ghoul right now, I NEED MORE SAMURAI.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm probably still just a bit salty about the Twitter poll, and I apologize for being so negative. It's not my usual way.

Hey if you don't like it it's fine. I am not trying to dissuade you from that I just don't think edgy is a fair description.

I like Tokyo Ghoul but I don't think many of you will and that's fine.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The salt must flow

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://taima.tv/r/goonami

Pool's open!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
One thing I'll give the TV version of Battle of Gods is it shows Goku fighting in god mode more, which I was hoping for more of in the movie.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is tonight the last night for One Piece?

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Mraagvpeine posted:

yeah

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mraagvpeine posted:

It ends the run as it began: on an arc that affected nothing and nobody will remember very well.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Pipes!

And now Jack

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
WAKE UP AKU!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Aww, no proper into song then, I guess.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh poo poo

was that Happy Cat Alarm Clock

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yeah this seems about right.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
haha holy poo poo this is great

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Genocyber posted:

Aww, no proper into song then, I guess.

We still get it for the credits

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

nier is loving amazing

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

"jesus christ allmighty are you people made of poo poo holy gently caress that's disgusting"

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
I'm surprised the animation looks so much similar considering they no longer use Rough Draft Korea in favor of Digital eMation.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was watching old Jack episodes like a month ago and this voice is really jarring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aku does not care anymore.

• Locked thread