Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a good op has funny pictures and the only text should be Ask Questions if You Have Questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I started Nier 2, it's very good but BotW has got me playing pretty lax in combat. I can't help but root for the cute little robots, especially the ones with the cloaks and swords, I imagine they are their kind's heros.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
No one reads the first post anyway, just make a thread with a good title and maybe a paragraph about the game and watch it roll.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Earwicker posted:

starting a thread in this forum seems like a bit more complex job than in a normal forum, like you need to be an expert on the game & series and make special graphical headers & lists of resources and poo poo. I like SE4 a lot so far but I'm only halfway through and its my first game in the series, I'm not sure I'm really qualified..

You don't have to do that stuff. People do because they like to, not because it's obligated.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Earwicker posted:

starting a thread in this forum seems like a bit more complex job than in a normal forum, like you need to be an expert on the game & series and make special graphical headers & lists of resources and poo poo. I like SE4 a lot so far but I'm only halfway through and its my first game in the series, I'm not sure I'm really qualified..

As mod I am saying you can begin a thread about any game that doesn't have one if you want. Never fear to make threads. You don't need to be elaborate, just put stuff you like about it in there and ask questions and talk and anything!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3B5_HfH9FU

gently caress this song and several others that are in this general area of the GH World Tour setlist. Man, this one really dips in song choice partway through for some reason.

I never played GHWT and I dunno what this song is but that airship stage is rad

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hell yeah it is. It's the venue you unlock by beating the game, you play this song on it over the credits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TczJ0wORsBI

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

Hell yeah it is. It's the venue you unlock by beating the game, you play this song on it over the credits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TczJ0wORsBI

The credits song is Pull Me Under? Holy moly. I haven't listened to that album in years.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://zippy.gfycat.com/NervousHarmoniousJapanesebeetle.webm

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ok i beat dead end road putting me at 75% on steamcompletionist

now i can add stuff again (putting me temporarily back under 75% yay)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Franchescanado posted:

I wish I could find a :krad: cover of Chemical Plant Zone, but none of them are satisfying to me. Maybe an orchestral one? No idea.

Nobody does Sonic better than The Kode! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzyd4USC4UI (Spring Yard Zone)

Here's some Chemical Plant Zone, but a low quality live recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuaOuQZ3Qyc

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Harrow posted:

Open world game with Witcher 3's side quest story depth, Horizon's fast-paced and frantic combat, and Breath of the Wild's player-driven exploration, freedom of movement, and physics-based environment interactions = the perfect game???

The perfect game, good question! I'll go with Breath of the Wild but each Dungeon is a Doom/Quake/Duke 3D style intricate first person shooter level, the overworld is smaller and has lots of Mario 64 style platforming, lots and lots of random encounters with entertaining NPCs like Yakuza 0 (and GTA5/RDR style things), an entertaining clever narrative like Max Payne and MGS style funny conversations, soundtrack by a Canadian metal band of some sort, preferably Cauldron.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

I feel bad for all the people on the Mass Effect Andromeda team who probably knew about every single animation bug people are finding and just didn't have time to fix them. That has to be really frustrating.

I'm sure there are a few who are treating those as known shippables or whatever, but there have to be QAers and animators who would kill for a chance to get that poo poo fixed so it doesn't reflect on them.

They're not bugs. They confirmed there's no animation bug. Its just really lovely animations period.

And that means there's no fix other than remaking half the game :v:

E: Well, I guess Michael Jackson walking is a bug. But all the dead-stares are just how the game was designed, which is incredible considering Bioware did better a decade ago.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 18, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Zaphod42 posted:

They're not bugs. They confirmed there's no animation bug. Its just really lovely animations period.

And that means there's no fix other than remaking half the game :v:

Pretty sure Ryder doing a T-stand during an entire conversation with some dude was not intended.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Earwicker posted:

If there's no thread just make one so that people have a place to talk about it. If nobody posts then whatever it'll just die. If people do post then hey you can always edit the OP later and add in information that other people suggest.

bloodychill posted:

Pretty sure Ryder doing a T-stand during an entire conversation with some dude was not intended.

Yeah I edited my post but you beat me, there are some bugs too I guess. But the vast majority of it is just lovely cheap animations.

Did Bioware outsource it to Bethesda?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah I edited my post but you beat me, there are some bugs too I guess. But the vast majority of it is just lovely cheap animations.

Did Bioware outsource it to Bethesda?

It's all OG as far as I know. That's part of why it's so wonky. After playing it a bunch, I'm actually warming up to it being silly and charming, with the exception of the endlessly dumb doot-dooting :gay:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Nier A came! Now I can stop watching lovely-rear end Iron Fist.

How important is this update? It's the world's slowest download...

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I finally have internet at work again so I just wanted to say I beat Breath of the Wild and started Nier Automata and Night in the Woods. I hope ya'll are having as good a time with your games as I am recently.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Smoking kills.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Snak posted:

Nier A came! Now I can stop watching lovely-rear end Iron Fist.

How important is this update? It's the world's slowest download...

Very, it's pretty buggy without

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/GoodGameModels/status/801774431718752257

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

Very, it's pretty buggy without

Well, as soon as I can save, I'll exit and install it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Palpek posted:

Smoking kills.

Those still images freaked me out but seeing it in motion is a hundred times worse

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I was so obsessed with playing with matches as a kid that I grew up and became a matchstick man! *strikes head on ground and tries to burn random passerbys*

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo it's so much more horrifying in motion

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

its really upsetting to look at that

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

My wife pointed out that the hair one looks like one of those balls of daddy long legs and now it's nightmare fuel for life :cry:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
:nms::nms:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

What the gently caress are you looking at, smoothskin?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, gently caress the ocean.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Heavy Metal posted:

The perfect game, good question! I'll go with Breath of the Wild but each Dungeon is a Doom/Quake/Duke 3D style intricate first person shooter level, the overworld is smaller and has lots of Mario 64 style platforming, lots and lots of random encounters with entertaining NPCs like Yakuza 0 (and GTA5/RDR style things), an entertaining clever narrative like Max Payne and MGS style funny conversations, soundtrack by a Canadian metal band of some sort, preferably Cauldron Propaghandi.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

after falling into a vat at the matchstick factory mild-mannered Manny Sulfides becomes MATCHMAKER, sworn nemesis of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I can tell none of you are rurals because the first thing that came to mind for me was a cord of wood, not a pile of matches.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I don't know why people think it looks like matches.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bloodychill posted:

Holy poo poo there are some insane meltdowns over in the Andromeda thread even by "oh those silly game poster!" standards. Not quoting them here to import the drama, head on over there and take a look at today's posts.

Are they pro or anti?

Mak0rz posted:

I can tell none of you are rurals because the first thing that came to mind for me was a cord of wood, not a pile of matches.

Looks like a monster made of Slim Jims to me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think I've played too much bloodborne to view that image

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

To those wondering about the PC version of Nier Automata: It seems like a pretty solid port. I run things at 1440p and it is not that difficult to keep it at 60fps by turning down the usual suspects (AA, shadows). I think there is a limiter that prevents you from going over 60fps even if your display can handle it. Also it is actually kind of distracting how often the game uses pre-rendered FMV cutscenes, even for a simple 5 second panning shot of the landscape, because then it becomes super framey and jagged in comparison to the normal gameplay :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

thank you for the information regarding Nier Automata

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm having really horrible pop in problems so I'm waiting on patches before going back to the game. I will probably cave in tho, game is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

Are they pro or anti?

The biggest meltdown came a guy who is would qualify on the surface as "anti" but then you look deeper and it's more "ran out of meds and having a mental breakdown and yelling at everyone regardless of whether they dislike or like the game who tries to respond to his posts; also probably watches a lot of terrible people on youtube"

• Locked thread