Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I'm really familiar with Memphis actually, and Mrs Winners does not register with me at all...

BBQ joints, otoh,

Mrs. Winners is a Nashville/middle TN thing. There aren't any in Memphis because of Gus's superiority.

Central BBQ or Commissary or Cozy Kitchen for your pulled pork fix. Only tourists go to Rendezvous.

Edit: Fattie snype

La Brea Carpet has a new favorite as of 03:54 on Mar 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

La Brea Carpet posted:

Mrs. Winners is a Nashville/middle TN thing. There aren't any in Memphis because of Gus's superiority.

Central BBQ or Commissary or Cozy Kitchen for your pulled pork fix. Only tourists go to Rendezvous.

Edit: Fattie synpe

Naw man, Blues City. For ribs, at least. Central is good though.

I still dig Rendezvous though, if you get seated in the side with the old kitchen.

And Hugo's for not-BBQ.

HenryJLittlefinger has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Mar 18, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Naw man, Blues City. For ribs, at least. Central is good though.

I still dig Rendezvous though, if you get seated in the side with the old kitchen.

And Hugo's for not-BBQ.

Rendezvous was really hit or miss for me. I think it depends on who's cooking or which side you're sitting on. One time the ribs were dry and overcooked another time they were pretty good.

Content:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh god the grease I'm getting heartburn just looking at it :gonk:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Those onions look tasty

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Those onions look tasty

Green stuff means it's healthy, right?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh god the grease I'm getting heartburn just looking at it :gonk:

That's not grease. It's Tabasco.

Here in Pittsburgh we have just adopted that dip and people pride themselves on how good they make it.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Standards adequately lowered:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

NewFatMike posted:

Standards adequately lowered:

I bet that really does smell like Divine

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
I... I don't even know.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I... I don't even know.

If you're talking poo poo about Hash House A Go Go, I will loving fight u irl

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Also this is gumbo. I must have been doing it wrong all this time.

:wtc:

This is a photo of a slop bin for pigs were I was working. It's uncanny.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

If you're talking poo poo about Hash House A Go Go, I will loving fight u irl

I used to live like three blocks from the San Diego one, it was awesome.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

Where have you seen it here I've wanted to try it for ages

little mom and pop in centralia has it

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

This is a photo of a slop bin for pigs were I was working. It's uncanny.

:3: Pïgs!

e: I am not sure how I added the extra accent on the word pig, but I demand a word filter

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/Komunista_Black/status/842936524173787136

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd eat peanut butter and pineapple on a pizza

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I would gently caress that pizza up just as fast as my fatass hands could get it to my facehole.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What's the problem? That they use smooth instead of crunchy? Throw some banana on there and it's an Elvis Sandwich pizza.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

That is just like, so American.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

The best pizza:

Homemade three-ingredient-crust
Homemade red sauce, no sugar
Goat cheese
Mozzarella
Fresh, seedless grapes
Fresh figs
Lime zest
Bacon, prosciutto, or any kind of salty non-fish meat.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I like how "no sugar" is something you feel the need to specify for tomato sauce.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

In this thread you need to specify that three-ingredient-crust isn't made from ground up cashews, crisco and barbecue sauce or whatever.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Three ingredients are self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. I hosed up and forgot it was only two.

And yeah you do not need to put sugar in tomato sauce if you use good tomatoes. Tbf though not everyone has access to good tomatoes. if that is the case, even amounts of canned sauce and canned paste makes dandy pizza sauce, but the cans will likely already have sugar so no need to add any.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

failing forward posted:

Three ingredients are self-rising flour and Greek yogurt. I hosed up and forgot it was only two.

What the gently caress

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Flipperwaldt posted:

In this thread you need to specify that three-ingredient-crust isn't made from ground up cashews, crisco and barbecue sauce or whatever.

Speaking of: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/food-companies-eager-innovation-1.4019906

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

failing forward posted:

And yeah you do not need to put sugar in tomato sauce if you use good tomatoes. Tbf though not everyone has access to good tomatoes. if that is the case, even amounts of canned sauce and canned paste makes dandy pizza sauce, but the cans will likely already have sugar so no need to add any.

Where do you live where pizza dough doesn't have yeast and canned tomatoes have sugar in them? Because I want to go to not there.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The real lovely food recipe was inside us all along

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mymla posted:

I like how "no sugar" is something you feel the need to specify for tomato sauce.

I mean a small amount of sugar (like a teaspoon) depending on the exact use and ingredients of the sauce, especially if you are lazy and dont brown the onion and garlic enough to bring out their sweetness

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean a small amount of sugar (like a teaspoon) depending on the exact use and ingredients of the sauce, especially if you are lazy and dont brown the onion and garlic enough to bring out their sweetness

Just loving put ketchup on your pasta you loving animal.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

kittenmittons posted:

What the gently caress

It makes good pizza dough. Why not try it before having a hyperbolic response? If you don't have self-rising flour you can add salt and baking powder to regular flour.

Who lives in a place that doesn't have sugar in the canned tomatoes??? What is this, BIZARRO AMERICA? Sugar is in everything.

EDIT: apparently the only pizza rule is no two-ingredient crust.

Also you can make Greek yogurt out of regular yogurt by straining as much of the water as you can out of yogurt using cheesecloth. Have fun.

Edit2: I don't make my pizza dough with yeast. Neither do people who make deep dish pizza, which often uses cornmeal and no yeast.

don longjohns has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Mar 18, 2017

Weatherwax
Aug 17, 2008

failing forward posted:

The best pizza:

Homemade three-ingredient-crust

Flour
Yeast
Water
Salt

which of these is not an ingredient?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

failing forward posted:

It makes good pizza dough. Why not try it before having a hyperbolic response? If you don't have self-rising flour you can add salt and baking powder to regular flour.

Who lives in a place that doesn't have sugar in the canned tomatoes??? What is this, BIZARRO AMERICA? Sugar is in everything.

Also you can make Greek yogurt out of regular yogurt by straining as much of the water as you can out of yogurt using cheesecloth. Have fun.

Edit2: I don't make my pizza dough with yeast. Neither do people who make deep dish pizza, which often uses cornmeal and no yeast.

What the gently caress

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

In the interest of not starting a really boring derail of me arguing with someone about pizza dough, have this sad paleo deconstructed avocado and tuna "salad"

Edit: vvv nope

don longjohns has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Mar 18, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

failing forward posted:

what kind of loving idiot uses baking powder for pizza dough

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
An idiot who thinks he can lifehack yeast out of a very basic recipe.

E: Finally people are beginning to see obvious reason behind the pizza rules party.

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 23:42 on Mar 18, 2017

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

failing forward posted:

Like everything in this post is wrong. Go to the store and look at a can of tomatoes, I'm willing to bet there's no added sugar. for example

Also Chicago deep dish pizza does use yeast in the crust https://www.loumalnatis.com/blog/2015/10/lous-ingredients-series-dough/

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I'm no dough expert, but I'm p sure if you're not using yeast in some way then your pizza crust is just matzoh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

my cooking trick? baking powder in the crust. i call it biscuit pizza