Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

pagancow posted:

ok its obvious youre on a budget because Youtube wont be paying you for a few years but

first you're going to need to get this https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1134579-REG/canon_0635c002_eos_c300_mark_ii.html

And since you're going to want to mount this above your 24" TN ~1-.,GaMeR,.1'`~ monitor you'll need this to clamp to it:https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/581220-REG/Manfrotto_155_Double_Ball_Joint.html

And you'll need a wide lens since it's not going to be far from your face but you still want bokeh
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/913668-REG/canon_8325b001_cn_e_14mm_t3_1_l.html

Those cameras loving suck rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Yea that's legit bullshit, claiming 4k resolution at 32" when you are selling 31.5" and 3840x2160, wtf?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sweevo posted:

sorry about your rebranded tv panel

remember when goons would buy tvs that weren't even capable of 4:4:4 chroma and claimed they "couldn't tell the difference"

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yeah, because lets loving unironically talk about file formats. lets just write post after post with serious content about laying out bits ~just so~, in our free time, because that is surely important and entertaining

yospos bithc

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

atomicthumbs posted:

my thinkpad x220 tablet's ips display covers 67% of srgb

so this is what a life full of disappointment is like

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Sagebrush posted:

16:10 vs 16:9 mattered when a 21" display was like $2000. now you just go up to the 24 to get that extra height and who gives a poo poo about the aspect ratio.

just wait until you're computing away on your 67% sRGB coverage GaMeR tn panel when SHAGGAR busts in like samuel L jackson with an eyepatch and slaps that poo poo to the ground

and nothing of value was lost

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yeah, because lets loving unironically talk about file formats. lets just write post after post with serious content about laying out bits ~just so~, in our free time, because that is surely important and entertaining

do u even encode?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

The XKCD Larper posted:

Those cameras loving suck rear end.

yeah but he's a youtube so its going to be OK its just about how fast you can make an off color joke so mickey mouse can fire you than it is about quality

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
hi pagancow since you were last here i got laid off from my awful job managing a database and got hired as an artist & designer and i also find myself getting angry about lovely color gamuts on screens

please help

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

its past 5:30 or so, so flux just turned my screen orange :baby:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hifi posted:

its past 5:30 or so, so flux just turned my screen orange :baby:

same. ux is king and everything else, including technical accuracy, must accommodate it

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
If you don't want any bezel you can just get a projector

Alternatively, you can have the entire rest of your wall as bezel

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
five by four

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Sagebrush posted:

same. ux is king and everything else, including technical accuracy, must accommodate it

nope accurate colors all the time colorists don't suddenly have sleeping problems because they stare at calibrated screens all day

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
uninstall or disable that poo poo and just take a break from your screen once in a while

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

look I'm going to pitch my sRGB screen as soon as rec.2020 comes around and the OS supports it and you can get real 12-bpc output from your video card buuuuuttttt

d65 white or die

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phoenixan posted:

hi pagancow since you were last here i got laid off from my awful job managing a database and got hired as an artist & designer and i also find myself getting angry about lovely color gamuts on screens

please help

step 1: don't

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Stymie posted:

step 1: don't

works for most things

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

empty quote if you have ever walked up to a person who had a third party iPhone screen replaced and it was not calibrated and told them "actually..."

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

posting from my Google pixel, which has a wider than sRGB gamut and no colour management so everything is oversaturated

Feels great

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I've got 2 different dell ULTRASHARP monitors and just calibrated today with my SPYDER 5 so now the colors look similar enough.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

One is 4k though, so it's fun seeing every OS except OSX struggle with the dpi difference.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i turned flux on at 8 am just because

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

mjpeg gon give it to ya. COME ON

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/03/google-jpeg-guetzli-encoder-file-size/

I've been doin this for 19 years WHAT?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
x264 gon give it to you

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pagancow posted:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/03/google-jpeg-guetzli-encoder-file-size/

my poo poo camera will only record 4k with mjpeg

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

pagancow posted:

somebody else did something similar a few years ago, but was trying to sell their new JPEG compressor as a standalone app.

libjpeg, which is what literally every program and operating system uses for JPEG support, was written in the early-mid 90s, and there have been advances in image processing etc since then. google's new encoder is just using a newer method to determine what visual information to keep vs what to throw away.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 18, 2017

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

google should just throw away JPEG from Chrome so they can do some ~!@NeXt-LeVeL!`@,.~ poo poo

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I wish you ultrafast decompression

...while scuba diving

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ShadowHawk posted:

I wish you ultrafast decompression

...while scuba diving

Fare...thee...NOT...well...Cymulon...

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i calibrated my ultrasharp via forum posts so it's definitely wrong

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pagancow posted:

google should just throw away JPEG from Chrome so they can do some ~!@NeXt-LeVeL!`@,.~ poo poo

google webp lol. they use it for okcupid

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
this twitter post from lowtax isnt getting the love it deserves
https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/843150229457244165

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

sorenson squeeze is for scrubs who can't ffmpeg

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I ffmpegged earlier today. had a bunch of pngs to losslessly combine into a video. it suited my needs

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Bloody posted:

I ffmpegged earlier today. had a bunch of pngs to losslessly combine into a video. it suited my needs

good, now compile your own ffmpeg and soon your path to the codec warrior side will be complete

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ne1 got a YOSPOS reccy on a little box that can ingest video from a few sources and dump it into the inside of my computer for compositing in OBS?

my budget is Not Good

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Smythe posted:

ne1 got a YOSPOS reccy on a little box that can ingest video from a few sources and dump it into the inside of my computer for compositing in OBS?

my budget is Not Good

Sorry m8 I can tell you all about my IBS though.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

you probably want something like this:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensitypro4k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

looks cool

• Locked thread