Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I'm sorry, how can people see that and say game bad?

game good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's going to be interesting contrasting Mass Effect 2007's use of confined maps to convey the illusion of place with Andromeda's approach of giving you an actual large place to drive around in, and which is more effective.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Liu posted:

ME1 was the best of the orginal trilogy, thank you

You accidentally hit the "1" key instead of the "2" key

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb6_J1dq1hk

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

ANGORA: Did your people have plans to settle here? You seem easily affected by the cold.

RYDER: Euh...

Actual squad banter.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Jaal: "This is the frontline of our war against the Kett. I once led an attack against their stronghold." *said like he is recounting something that gave him PTSD*
Ryder: "Sounds like fun!" *said like someone asked her to a movie.*

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Jaal: "This is the frontline of our war against the Kett. I once led an attack against their stronghold." *said like he is recounting something that gave him PTSD*

Was that a "casual" response?

That's like Hawke levels of inappropriate responses

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

To be fair, Ryder is now a super human death God who can summon forces beyond our comprehension at a whim to slaughter their foe.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SgtSteel91 posted:

Was that a "casual" response?

That's like Hawke levels of inappropriate responses

Auto dialogue upon approach of a planet Jaal is introducing.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Arglebargle III posted:

ANGORA: Did your people have plans to settle here? You seem easily affected by the cold.

RYDER: Euh...

Actual squad banter.

So basically DA:I banter. That is, not required and just exists to fill empty airtime.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh turns out if you get Origins Access you can play DA:I instead.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Skippy McPants posted:

I'm curious how Annihilation and Lance will interact once you unlock the Lance upgrade that lets you remove the cooldown in exchange for having it cost 5% shields each cast. Will you be able to just spam combos?

In theory. If so I think running Singularity/Annihilation/Lance could be a hilarious Adept build :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

evilmiera posted:

So basically DA:I banter. That is, not required and just exists to fill empty airtime.

A lot of Inquisition banter was quite good at responding to character choices and events. This is just a whole bunch of nothing.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

evilmiera posted:

The script doesn't do it justice. FemRyder's groan is like she's embarrassed about the whole thing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Arglebargle III posted:

Oh turns out if you get Origins Access you can play DA:I instead.

Origin Access seems pretty good to be honest.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Arglebargle III posted:

The script doesn't do it justice. FemRyder's groan is like she's embarrassed about the whole thing.

Why is she embarassed, is it just monkeycheese?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

A lot of Inquisition banter was quite good at responding to character choices and events. This is just a whole bunch of nothing.

ME:A. It's a good game, Brent. Jesus gently caress.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Arglebargle III posted:

It's clunky at best, but only sometimes painful.
Just like my sexual relations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Increasingly seems like the voice direction was just not present. I remember Scott Ryder's VA talking about playing his copy early and commenting "man if I had known I would have definitely done that differently."

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Captain Oblivious posted:

In theory. If so I think running Singularity/Annihilation/Lance could be a hilarious Adept build :v:

if i remember correctly in me 3 at least you had to get an enemy out of the priming radius and back in to reapply for detonations, which was easy enough to do since the fury had teleportation powers, but it wasn't simply a matter of standing next to something and detonating it over and over

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Origin Access seems pretty good to be honest.

Yeah I may sign up for a year because the whole Crysis series is on there as well as Dead Space and I never played those. Oh poo poo and Aragami which has been on my Steam wishlist?! This is not a bad deal at all if you can really just download and play these for $30.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Increasingly seems like the voice direction was just not present. I remember Scott Ryder's VA talking about playing his copy early and commenting "man if I had known I would have definitely done that differently."

Do you have a link to this? It would explain a lot if so.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm counting down the hours until it's revealed that the Angara lady's voice actress is in fact Australian.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bad voice acting in games is almost always due to poor direction. The people who do this for a living are all professionals and have a million imdb credits from other games and animated series to their name. Even the poor tired face lady has probably put in great work elsewhere.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Groetgaffel posted:

Just like my sexual relations.

You finally got that robot through customs?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I'm counting down the hours until it's revealed that the Angara lady's voice actress is in fact Australian.

Are you being intentionally thick?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Bad voice acting in games is almost always due to poor direction. The people who do this for a living are all professionals and have a million imdb credits from other games and animated series. Even the poor tired face lady has probably put in great work elsewhere.

I Agree.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Digirat posted:

Do you have a link to this? It would explain a lot if so.

It's on his twitter somewhere back in...February? He tweets a lot though.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

BrianWilly posted:

This time it's actual Australians saying she has the worst fake Australian accent ever.

Last time it was Americans saying the real Australian accent Miranda had was fake.

HTH

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Hedrigall posted:

This time it's actual Australians saying she has the worst fake Australian accent ever.

Last time it was Americans saying the real Australian accent Miranda had was fake.

HTH

Arglebargle III posted:

It was a good joke.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Obviously Mac Walters was too busy masturbating to quarian fanfics instead of doing any kind of oversight.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Arglebargle III posted:

Sure, this is a good thread title, but it's hard to top the one we already have

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

I Am A Robot posted:

You accidentally hit the "1" key instead of the "2" key

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb6_J1dq1hk

He's not wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHkBFymRiOs

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh my stars and garters the Mass Effect soundtrack was so good.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Number Ten Cocks posted:

It was a good joke.

Much like america

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
It's really too bad they got rid of Jack Wall after 2

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Both ME1 and 2 had kickass soundtracks. Saren's theme is still one of the most iconic death songs.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Oshit, I can have Biotic Charge, Tactical Cloak AND Tech Armour on the same dude.

Cloak, Charge, Pull, Sentinel Profile. You've seen skypunches, now try INVISIBLE skypunches.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Honestly ME:A would've been a much more interesting game if they actually did go out to spread Colonialism far and wide and you could decide for yourself whether it was cool and good to casually genocide or enslave the natives

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

I Am A Robot posted:

It's really too bad they got rid of Jack Wall after 2

Give the Black Ops 3's soundtrack a listen if you haven't already, it's a Mass Effect soundtrack in disguise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Oshit, I can have Biotic Charge, Tactical Cloak AND Tech Armour on the same dude.

Cloak, Charge, Pull, Sentinel Profile. You've seen skypunches, now try INVISIBLE skypunches.

There's an achievement for charging out of cloak.