Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Like you wouldn't play a game that had this guy as the protagonist in an instant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Only if every attack string has an animation where he pulls his shirt down over his belly

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

is this a Suda game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
When Linkle meets Zelda, Zelda says "Thank you for saving me" and Linkle says "It's what a hero does!"

Linkle is awesome.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

grieving for Gandalf posted:

is this a Suda game

Too Many More Heroes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It would be super if Suda51 would actually make a game again instead of doing bong rips and saying "write this down... roguelike... dark souls... Uncle Death... troma films... butts"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dual-wielding is so stylish (cf. D3 Demon Hunter, Lara Croft, BJ Blazkowicz, Bayonetta, Tracer, Chow Yun-Fat)

keanu reeves

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I can still hear him shout DRAGON STRIKE just by looking at that gif ten years later.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

haveblue posted:

Too Many More Heroes

No More Gyros

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

precision posted:

It would be super if Suda51 would actually make a game again instead of doing bong rips and saying "write this down... roguelike... dark souls... Uncle Death... troma films... butts"

This sounds like it owns tho

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

tap my mountain posted:

Only if every attack string has an animation where he pulls his shirt down over his belly

No, the fabric riding up his belly is all procedurally generated and pulling it back down it his taunt move.

haveblue posted:

Too Many More Heroes

No More Heroes Too: 2 Many Heroes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wamdoodle posted:

This sounds like it owns tho

Let it Die does in fact own but I want a proper Suda game again someday

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Guy Mann posted:

Like you wouldn't play a game that had this guy as the protagonist in an instant.

no it's like people who can't watch king of the hill because she reminds them of themselves, except with body image. too real.

maybe i'd play as him in short bursts in a fighting game though

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Weighalotta
Devil May Fry

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Welp, it looks like people are starting to harass and threaten Mass Effect Andromeda animators and devs being mistaken for animators. It was fun to joke about it while it lasted

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sounds like that subpar release really had a harass effect.

I'll see myself out

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

precision posted:

Let it Die does in fact own but I want a proper Suda game again someday

Too true.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Welp, it looks like people are starting to harass and threaten Mass Effect Andromeda animators and devs being mistaken for animators. It was fun to joke about it while it lasted

Goddam, gamers are the worst sometimes.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Sounds like that subpar release really had a harass effect.

I'll see myself out

Case in point

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How does someone get to that point

I don't get it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Personally I'm going to continue to joke about it because I'm a normal person who doesn't harass people

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

Weighalotta
Devil May Fry

Ninja Gainin'

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't get it

Much as a child breaks his own toys when they frustrate him, so does a gamer attack its creator in impotent fury and rage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is a weird reinforcement effect when something gets a negative response where it keeps echoing upon itself so it gets worse and worse and worse until people are unironically pissed off and angry and wanting to attack someone. I don't get it at all but ME isn't the first thing it happened to.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It could also be Mass Effect fans who feel they have been betrayed, their Hopes And Dreams Assassinated by the Coward Bioware or whatever. All you gotta do is look toward tali sweat.txt to see how crazy some of those people can be.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/gamenewton Please watch this

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I am going to play Nier: Automata.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

haveblue posted:

Ninja Gainin'

Scalebound

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

It... looks like a HnK fighting game? I don't really care about this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It... looks like a HnK fighting game? I don't really care about this

It is the PS2 HnK fighting game which is notoriously the most unbalanced broken FG ever made in the modern era but thanfully in the glorious Japan there is a competitive scene and this is the big annual event where people collectively take really seriously a game where practically every single stray punch can be converted into a 100% death combo in like 10 seconds.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

I am going to play Nier: Automata.

I'm somehow stuck at the very beginning. I have no main quest, just a sidequest to get some parts for the Weapon Shop, and when I go to the place there are no enemies and nothing on the ground. I can't seem to get any other quests. ????

Yoko Taro...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

CJacobs posted:

It could also be Mass Effect fans who feel they have been betrayed, their Hopes And Dreams Assassinated by the Coward Bioware or whatever. All you gotta do is look toward tali sweat.txt to see how crazy some of those people can be.

The talisweat people and the game-hate-boner people have come together despite their differences to work on the most important matters: harassing people on the internet who aren't responsible for the problems they're complaining about because crazy people on YouTube told them to.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

In Training posted:

It is the PS2 HnK fighting game which is notoriously the most unbalanced broken FG ever made in the modern era but thanfully in the glorious Japan there is a competitive scene and this is the big annual event where people collectively take really seriously a game where practically every single stray punch can be converted into a 100% death combo in like 10 seconds.

Oh. Fighting games aren't my thing. I can't the difference in gameplay.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

precision posted:

I'm somehow stuck at the very beginning. I have no main quest, just a sidequest to get some parts for the Weapon Shop, and when I go to the place there are no enemies and nothing on the ground. I can't seem to get any other quests. ????

Yoko Taro...

save and reload imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Oh. Fighting games aren't my thing. I can't the difference in gameplay.

That's fair. Just wanted to spread the link :)

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't get it

From what I saw, the dev in question is a lady who also cosplays and the guy who started talking about it is in the gamergate crowd, so make of that what you will.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It's pretty much "Oh look, here's a WOMAN who may or may not have been involved, let's just attack HER". From what I've gathered she worked in the mocap studio which is, like, 1 stop among 20 that animation data makes on its way to your screen.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's literally just Gamergate being gamergate and until the industry collectively ends their silence on the issue this will keep happening again and again and again

that they still dont put a name to it is crazy to me like they're afraid to say the words like fuckin bloody mary

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I assume you're taking about the institutional side of games industry because most of my industry friends talk about it a lot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On this HnK tourney they take time out of the stream to call out drink orders to everyone who ordered something but didnt pick it up so they shame all the players into actually eating the food they bought.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just finished Ending B of Nier Automata. There are some mind gently caress plot twists in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mutata posted:

I assume you're taking about the institutional side of games industry because most of my industry friends talk about it a lot.
yeah

i've been thinking about how there needs to be some sort of countermovement, a mass group of loud constituents that can be active specifically in this media

like how people can quickly mobilize to call representatives, flood town halls, etc. people were able to get Milo Yiannoupolis to lose his book deal, PDP to lose his Disney/Youtube contracts. some awful laws have been stopped at lower levels of government from this mobilization

I think the majority of people feel these issues are important but there's just no organization or assembly for those feelings. we have no way of matching the women's march for example (it doesn't help that gaming is largely a sedentary culture???). i think there's more to do than just feel helpless about it but everyones just kinda scattered everywhere

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 19, 2017

• Locked thread