Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I tend to openly (if only in jest) mock the parts of the story that don't make sense, so I don't know if I'd fit in so well with the story guild. :v:

Xarbala, which one are you in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Countblanc posted:

Yeah if you care about spoilers TPT is your best bet, otherwise there's no appreciable difference unless you have a friend in one of them.

Uh, excuse me sir or madam, but I heard that DGKK has that Baph fellow, which is a big difference! Especially if you love hugs and kisses. Lots of them.

vvvvv Isn't PBC's view the giant windmill? DGKK gets a view of the entire Goblet, and we have a giant piassa for a house. We are GREAT

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 18, 2017

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PBC has the biggest house wih the nicest view and are therefore superior

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Is that because they have the best view of DGKK's house?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

TPT has an AFK wall and is beachfront property.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If I wanted to look at beaches I wouldn't be a disgusting shut-in.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
If I wanted to look at beaches I'd get a house in Ul'Dah and have the biggest beach ever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
TPT has the best house because you literally port in 5 steps from a MB and summoning bell.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Astroniomix posted:

TPT has an AFK wall and is beachfront property.

Good luck with that beachfront property next time Leviathan attacks

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Oh poo poo TPT is the newbie shitter guild? I joined PBC for literally no specific reason whatsoever and while everyone seems very nice they seem very late-game hunting focused. Is TPT less-so?

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

All of the goon guilds are a good fit for all tiers of play, just TPT is more newbie friendly with a fairly strict no spoilers policy so newbies don't get spoiled on any story bits.

DGKK also has Baph (Facts, drat it Baph get on that).

PBC also has Ruan, who loyally guards the trees in their yard.

Forever.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Good luck with that beachfront property next time Leviathan attacks

Trachtoum is like a 30 second run from Mist, Leviabeetus would never dare attack it.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Disgusting newbie coddling behavior takes place in all the FCs, just vomit out your status as a newbie into chat and someone will probably poo poo some help onto your face.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
I got a 280 :toot:

My NINs not even 60 and apparently these stats are awful so lmao

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They're less than a single point of dex worse than a pair of crit/det Sandungs, and they're probably better if you can trade the accuracy elsewhere.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Ninja can't trade accuracy for crit unfortunately, but with those exact stats using the Alexandrian coat should still be an improvement.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zaodai posted:

I tend to openly (if only in jest) mock the parts of the story that don't make sense, so I don't know if I'd fit in so well with the story guild. :v:

Xarbala, which one are you in?

None of the above actually, I'm part of a tiny guild on Brynhildr with my idiot friends who actually all play a lot more than I do

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
PBC, TPT, and DGKK are all very cool and have good people in them. I do like TPT's rule against spoiler policies. Regarding PBC, I try to ask people to tone down plot conversation when there's a known newbie progressing through the plot and they care about spoilers. Honestly though, I'm just happy to know that SE is still planning for FC alliances around 4.1 or 4.2. I have friends in all three free companies and I really don't like having to choose between the three when I'm already very happy and settled in with PBC. Being able to communicate with everyone will be nice.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Well I submitted my transfer request, so I'll have a decision to make after I get off work. Thanks folks.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

goonwedding.jpg

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I got super lucky this morning and chanced across an empty plot in the Lavender Beds.

Roughly 4 million gil later and I have a new home, sweet home.

I am now broke.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

There's housing in this now? :aaa:

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

poo poo, you really haven't played in a LONG time then. That was added in 2.38, but getting your hands on a house is very difficult if not outright impossible.

The upside is that each of the goonhauses have...well, goonhauses and there's a new set of wards opening up with Stormblood.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Zaodai posted:

There's housing in this now? :aaa:

Actual houses even, very unlike whatever rock you've been living under.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

kojei posted:

Actual houses even, very unlike whatever rock you've been living under.

Yeah, but said rock was affordable and available, something housing is otherwise neither in general.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Hey, I already said I hadn't played for like 4 years. It's been a bit of time. :v:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Don't worry too much about looking for available housing right now. After Stormblood hits, there will be a new housing district opened in Not-Yokohama that a huge number of people are going to rush to in search of fancy new oriental digs, meaning there will likely be a large number of vacancies opening up in the existing housing areas.

Even if you manage to get beaten to the punch on every single one of those though, there are still apartments!

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The important question is if all goons are moving to fantasy Japan

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

slev posted:

I too would like to know. PBC has a lot of history in its house, namely that we got Plot 13, which is also on x9, y11 in the Goblet, and is thus, the best house. (also we were like the second FC house bought on the entire drat server behind I think BlueGartr?)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

slev posted:

The much more important question is if the not-Japan housing will be accessible to people without the expansion, because if not, it would be difficult to move and still get newbie players joining the FCs easily.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Lemon-Lime posted:

The much more important question is if the not-Japan housing will be accessible to people without the expansion, because if not, it would be difficult to move and still get newbie players joining the FCs easily.
one of the interviews since its reveal addressed this, so as of right now the zone is slated to be accessible even if someone doesn't own Stormblood

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Thancreds voice actor is really good, the rest of the scions I've met so far...
not so much :v:

E: player character stands by doing nothing as they watch an npc unleash a demon, THM lv15 quest is kind of silly

Tiger Millionaire fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 19, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Honestly the 2.0 Scions' VAs are fairly on point. Alphinaud's annoying (but it does what it's meant for) and Tataru is inoffensive but just inferior to her HW version.

I mourn losing the GC leaders more than anything, really.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Honestly the 2.0 Scions' VAs are fairly on point. Alphinaud's annoying (but it does what it's meant for) and Tataru is inoffensive but just inferior to her HW version.

Where's that Minfilia Pray Return Blingee when you need it...

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

ApplesandOranges posted:

Mercifully, Merlwyb has had like two voiced lines since HW. It still stings though.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I miss old merlwyb's voice

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
There is exactly one downside to old-Merlwyb's voice and that's that every time I open a chest I half-expect to find a random glowy orb that leads to her immediately calling me up via linkpearl to say that it's hers and bring it to Limsa, please.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Matoya's VA is on point. Break-out performance of all HW, in my opinion.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Matoya, Krile, and Handsome Elf all have great voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Best part of the VA change is that they just made lalafells talk like normal people instead of comically high pitched children. Papalymo's ARR voice was just terrible.

• Locked thread