Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I am officially ignoring everything suggested by the manga from here on out, because I refuse to believe anything that would cast a pall over Zamasu and Blacks bro-ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Someone needs to meme the poo poo out of that Gohan expression in this episode.

You'll know which one.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Taking bets now, are all of them but Toppo evil, or is it only his 'sworn friend' boss?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gohan being super into the justice posing and catchphrases was so good

he's such a nerd

PMush Perfect posted:

Taking bets now, are all of them but Toppo evil, or is it only his 'sworn friend' boss?

none of them are evil, they just want to save their universe

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I mean thei threat is the universes are gonna get erased and well who started it? Goku.

I mean yeah techincally it be Zeno that should be targeted but eh. Overall ok episode, thought next one should be great

Last shot is Vegeta holding baby Bra

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
I'll reiterate my position that the manga and anime both have good points and if they could just get those points together the arcs we've seen would've been so much better.

That said, this episode was good and cool. Grand Priest getting mad at Zenos enjoying the fight should have set off some alarm bells.

Also BABY BRA! :neckbeard:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm starting to wonder if, before sharing his draft for the Tournament of Power arc, Toriyama saw the anime version of the Goku vs Hit fight and thought "yeah that's pretty cool, we need more of that" and that's why there's suddenly more Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken compared to the almost complete lack in the Goku Black arc.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

a cartoon duck posted:

I'm starting to wonder if, before sharing his draft for the Tournament of Power arc, Toriyama saw the anime version of the Goku vs Hit fight and thought "yeah that's pretty cool, we need more of that" and that's why there's suddenly more Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken compared to the almost complete lack in the Goku Black arc.

I will laugh if the manga is forced to use it since they replaced it with something much lamer.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bulma should go into the time chamber so she can give birth more quickly.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blaze Dragon posted:

They almost beat him. Black was winning easily (and only powering up even further every time to the point not even he knew what the gently caress he was doing anymore), and the Mafuba failed anyways. Even if it had worked, Black would've murdered everyone and freed his other self.

Here not only was Zamasu nearly sealed, Black was getting destroyed by Vegeta. Zamasu had all the right to freak out because his plans would fail at that rate, something Goku outright points out.

I don't know, it feels like it works fine to me. Zamasu had no idea what the hell the Mafuba was, so it's pretty plausible for him to be rattled and think that it's possible that they could have Mafuba'd Black right after they finished with Zamasu. That belief is more than enough for Zamasu to go "okay gently caress it playtime's over let's end this poo poo".

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's not really any different from Freeza going Final Form despite being more than strong enough to keep massacring the gang in his third form.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought the fight between Goku and Toppo was really good. There's also no time for Goku to gently caress off and train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, so that'll be interesting to see if it comes to play a part

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Carlosologist posted:

I thought the fight between Goku and Toppo was really good. There's also no time for Goku to gently caress off and train in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, so that'll be interesting to see if it comes to play a part

They have enough time to train for a year and a half in the time chamber.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's not really any different from Freeza going Final Form despite being more than strong enough to keep massacring the gang in his third form.

that is different since the reason they did it wasn't the same

zamasu was afraid but freeza just wanted to rub it in their faces that they couldn't win

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

that is different since the reason they did it wasn't the same

zamasu was afraid but freeza just wanted to rub it in their faces that they couldn't win

Freeza was afraid, actually. The way all the fighters kept getting healed (without him knowing how) and Gohan kept getting stronger rattled him enough that, after Gohan's last attempt to hulk out on him failed, he decided to go nuclear with the Final Form. Although he promptly realized that it was Dende healing them, iced him, then went back to toying after he'd transformed.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also I like Toppa a lot.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

since when has mr satan been genre aware?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kelp Plankton posted:

Gohan being super into the justice posing and catchphrases was so good

he's such a nerd

And yet people won't shut up about "Gohan is so weak, bring back Cell Gohan"

Nerd Dad Gohan is the best :colbert:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I like how much Gohan is getting Into This poo poo, and how much Beerus is beginning to hate dealing with Sayains.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There was a reason he wanted them gone.

He is now remembering why

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For a minute there I was seriously digging just how much super saiyan blue was a game changer for Goku. He went from struggling to straight up dominating as soon as he turned blue, even if it was just for a moment.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Gohan's bloodlust has been awakened again at long last

The fact that it's only two days countdown is pretty eerie. Imagine if you're 18, or Piccolo, or Tien, and your idiot buddy Goku came to you in the night to tell you "Remember when you threatened the world? And the times you saved it with me? All of that? Got you beat. You have one day to kiss everyone goodbye and come to a one hour divine bloodbath that will determine your existence."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, except it's Goku, so he's going to describe it like he's gathering up the lads for a rousing punch-up down at the pub.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Black August posted:

Gohan's bloodlust has been awakened again at long last

The fact that it's only two days countdown is pretty eerie. Imagine if you're 18, or Piccolo, or Tien, and your idiot buddy Goku came to you in the night to tell you "Remember when you threatened the world? And the times you saved it with me? All of that? Got you beat. You have one day to kiss everyone goodbye and come to a one hour divine bloodbath that will determine your existence."

Seriously, is this supposed to make Goku endearing or something? It's almost like he's a junkie that's addicted to getting stronger. He's not showing any kind of like oh poo poo everyone I love is going to die if I gently caress this up like he did with Cell, or Buu, or even freaking Zamasu and Dark Goku.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I remember hearing from someone who heard from someone who heard from the grain of salt you should take this with, but supposedly, this is more supposed to be redefining Goku's old moral compass of "good fights, good food' and everything else is just kinda secondary?

Say what you will about Vegeta, but that dude cares about his son as a person, not just as a sparring partner.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jiro posted:

Seriously, is this supposed to make Goku endearing or something? It's almost like he's a junkie that's addicted to getting stronger. He's not showing any kind of like oh poo poo everyone I love is going to die if I gently caress this up like he did with Cell, or Buu, or even freaking Zamasu and Dark Goku.

It's pretty explicitly being portrayed as bad right now, but the comeuppance is going to happen later on I'm sure

You don't set up stuff like this with no learn-a-lesson payoff at the end

(Goku will lose, winning universe dude will wish all the other universes back)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Eh, I think this is a pretty transparent attempt at aligning Goku with Toriyama's original intent of having Goku about being a thrill chaser after good fights and things that might go wrong because of it aren't really on his radar. He never liked the superman characterisation he had in the anime, after all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jiro posted:

He basically is a junkie addicted to getting stronger.

Edit: Still an alright guy though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

"Morality? Right and wrong? Being a hero? That's what we've got Gohan for!" - Son Goku, Fight Junkie

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Me, are you kidding? I'm finally understanding why you got into this stuff!" - Son Gohan, probably.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think the Black Goku thing is playing out interestingly in the manga, it's good that it's no a straight re-run and the way they're using Red God and Blue transforms is neat.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

"Morality? Right and wrong? Being a hero? That's what we've got Gohan for!" - Son Goku, Fight Junkie

I do love how Goku retorts to being accused of dragging their mortal level down by saying his son surely makes up the difference.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Man, Nozawa just kind of slipping downward into Goku Black for Goku now.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a cartoon duck posted:

I do love how Goku retorts to being accused of dragging their mortal level down by saying his son surely makes up the difference.

goku being weirdly proud of his son is interesting

maybe as his evil level rises so does his dad level? he had that moment with goten too

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Also man Beerus is definitely the one that gets to suffer the most from off-model thanks to speed now huh, I can't imagine he's easy to deal with

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

a cartoon duck posted:

I loved that Goku called out Beerus for randomly destroying planets. Its about time someone did that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

Also man Beerus is definitely the one that gets to suffer the most from off-model thanks to speed now huh, I can't imagine he's easy to deal with

He just wanted to be Scooby Doo this week.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
I know the idea is "universal balance" or whatever, but the show really glosses over how hosed up it is for a god's sole purpose to be killing/murdering entire civilizations of sentient beings. Beerus is treated fairly comical but it's a pretty messed up job he holds. Like, Zeno threats to erase universes and the show recognizes that as bad, but Beerus does the same thing on a smaller scale.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
who says its bad

the gods clearly think it's ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Universes are like bonsai trees, mannnn:weed:

• Locked thread