Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Some Numbers posted:

I've never actually watched Lost Galaxy. Is it worth investing the time?

It's one of the best seasons because it's like macross: People surviving isolated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Funky Valentine posted:

We got to see Elgar die, take solace in that.

And Divatox turning into a woman in white is the last remnant of her original planned character arc.

Honestly I would have been fine with him surviving even if he was really annoying

As impressive of an ending as it was, the Zordon Wave was honestly a huge mistake in the long term, caused a ton of plot holes for later series when you think about it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Skull got left4dead, drat

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Skull got left4dead, drat

Which was pretty pointless since Bulk was barely even in Lost Galaxy

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

Best series finale of any series barring In Space.

The middle of Lost Galaxy hits some SERIOUS problems because the Pink Ranger's actress got cancer and that caused a bunch of behind the scenes turmoil that killed a lot of their plans, and I mean a LOT, and then other bullshit things happened

But that finale is untouchable

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

drrockso20 posted:

As impressive of an ending as it was, the Zordon Wave was honestly a huge mistake in the long term, caused a ton of plot holes for later series when you think about it
Meh, it was a great finale and if you really want you can handwave it with limited reach and ~evil forces~ from further out into space moving into now non-conquerered territory.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm fond of both themes but I personally like GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGAMAN's better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psRziiijswI

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly I would have been fine with him surviving even if he was really annoying

It was literally the last episode until they suddenly got uncancelled. You can give them a little break on that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Justin was the greatest source of evil and took on most of the wave on himself.

WAIT, THE GRANNY DIDN'T GIVE HIM A PASS

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

It's basically the last one in the Angel Grove line even though In Space was meant to be as such.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If what I remember most from Lost Galaxy, it's that the first episode is incredibly slow burning, especially for a Power Rangers show. They don't even morph until the next episode.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Not really.

The only thing the Wave targeted was the actively evil beings causing poo poo to go down.

If you notice, after In Space, the villains are either MUCH smaller scale, like Lost Galaxy, or they have been sealed away, Lightspeed, or just plain didn't exist at the time of the wave, Time Force.

This holds true through out the rest of the series impressively.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
They were like surprisingly committed to that 2001 parody.

Oh poo poo the Kentia hall sign

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

While Bulk is off being a Space Pioneer, Skull strikes it rich and becomes very successful.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Burkion posted:

Best series finale of any series barring In Space.

The middle of Lost Galaxy hits some SERIOUS problems because the Pink Ranger's actress got cancer and that caused a bunch of behind the scenes turmoil that killed a lot of their plans, and I mean a LOT, and then other bullshit things happened

But that finale is untouchable

Got any more detail on the behind the scenes issues?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tae posted:

Don't be confused if twitch looks to be suddenly streaming Starship Troopers.

That's just the next power rangers season.

literally starship troopers

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Imagine if Power Rangers just started the way In Space ended.

Zordon: "Alpha, Rita's escaped! Recruit a team of teenagers with attitude!"
Jason: "Whoa, this is unbelieveable, what do you want?"
Zordon: "KILL ME"

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Lost Galaxy. This is a strong start.

E: Also major lol at Twitch chat immediately adopting BZBZBZBZBZBZBZ for the new bee putties. It was also great watching them pivot seamlessly from "Zordon died for our sins" to losing their collective poo poo over Ashley's nipples.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also I have no idea when it'd be, but there's a literal Aliens episode in this season.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dango Bango posted:

Got any more detail on the behind the scenes issues?

The biggest one is that Cassie was going to be Galaxy Pink's replacement. But they were only going to pay her as a guest star, so she walked.

After filming a big budgeted super important episode that cemented her place as the new Pink.

So they had to scrap that ENTIRE episode, and scramble to get a new replacement, and then work in her introduction and a storyline for her, completely derailing their plans for the actual Lost Galaxy and scuttling their expanded lore that would have finally incorporated the DaiRanger suits as the original Lost Galaxy Rangers.

Now that might sound skeevy as hell on Saban's part, but it really wasn't. The reason why she was only being paid as a guest star was because they were still paying the original actress full royalties and wages despite having to drop out of filming.

So it's a real damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

Due to all of that mess the Lost Galaxy plot line that was meant to kick in around episode 25 or so got pushed back into the late 30s and barely lasted any time worth mentioning.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Interesting. Thanks for the post!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
OH the Charlie Brown zigzags are supposed to be a beast's jaws.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Burkion posted:

The biggest one is that Cassie was going to be Galaxy Pink's replacement. But they were only going to pay her as a guest star, so she walked.

After filming a big budgeted super important episode that cemented her place as the new Pink.

So they had to scrap that ENTIRE episode, and scramble to get a new replacement, and then work in her introduction and a storyline for her, completely derailing their plans for the actual Lost Galaxy and scuttling their expanded lore that would have finally incorporated the DaiRanger suits as the original Lost Galaxy Rangers.

Now that might sound skeevy as hell on Saban's part, but it really wasn't. The reason why she was only being paid as a guest star was because they were still paying the original actress full royalties and wages despite having to drop out of filming.

Due to all of that mess the Lost Galaxy plot line that was meant to kick in around episode 25 or so got pushed back into the late 30s and barely lasted any time worth mentioning.

Saban should have been even skeevier than they were and completely dropped the original Pink in terms of financial support once she left, instead of half-assing it and causing them so many bigger problems, and that's coming from someone who liked Karone becoming the second Pink Galaxy Ranger

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

And yes, the yellow ranger in the Sentai was a guy.

drrockso20 posted:

Saban should have been even skeevier than they were and completely dropped the original Pink in terms of financial support once she left,

She had leukemia.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Also yeah using the Dairanger costumes for the Old Galaxy Rangers would make loads of sense considering how the Gingaman suits resemble them.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

That clip of Leo tearing his shirt off was legit a sexual awakening moment for me.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DoctorWhat posted:

Also yeah using the Dairanger costumes for the Old Galaxy Rangers would make loads of sense considering how the Gingaman suits resemble them.

I love the Dairanger costumes and I think it's a shame they didn't move to them in MMPR S2, but I get why they didn't.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

If not for the Green/Black change I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd set up the Dairanger suits as Super Megaforce-style Power Ups, but yeah, the change would have been substantial.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Coq au Nandos posted:

losing their collective poo poo over Ashley's nipples.

Wait.....WHAT?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Also does anyone have a link to that calculator for when what episodes will air?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Lobster Elvis monster. Sure, I'm down with that.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

DoctorWhat posted:

OH the Charlie Brown zigzags are supposed to be a beast's jaws.

You know, I've wondered what that squiggly like was meant to be for years. I honk I've only watched 3 minutes of Lost Galaxy tops, but that always had me confused.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

jivjov posted:

Wait.....WHAT?

Oops, Ashley. She gets a touch of the Jennifer Aniston in the finale.

E:

HARAMBE
HARAMBE
HARAMBE

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Scorpius's flying scorpion ship is rad as hell and in a just world it would form the Evilzord with Serpentera.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Scorpius's flying scorpion ship is rad as hell and in a just world it would form the Evilzord with Serpentera.

30-second battery life.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

And yes, the yellow ranger in the Sentai was a guy.

She had leukemia.

I'm aware, do note that what I suggested wasn't the correct thing to do from a moral standpoint, but from a business one

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

If not for the Green/Black change I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd set up the Dairanger suits as Super Megaforce-style Power Ups, but yeah, the change would have been substantial.

Along the same lines If they'd just changed the main group to the Kakuranger suits rather than sticking with the Alien Ranger plot there probably would have been even more work involved as not only do you have the Pink/White change but it would also mean that one member would have had to step down early unless they wanted to just make Ninjaman/Ninjor a ranger and invent a morpher/morph sequence for him. The Falconzord would probably have remained pilotless like it did in the Sentai if they'd gone this route though.

If it weren't for the movie I'm guessing we'd probably have gotten Kakuranger's grunts over the Tengas though as they could pretty easily be passed off as an new breed of Putties.

Even though we didn't get the Dairanger suits aside from Kibaranger, I still think we got the better deal in terms of villians as Zedd is a better (or at the very least, more entertaining villian than the entirety of the Gorma Tribe.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Ironically, we DID get a Dairanger villain years later for Wild Force.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

DoctorWhat posted:

Ironically, we DID get a Dairanger villain years later for Wild Force.

Well, just the costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Burkion posted:

First time I heard of using the Dairanger suits like that and it's so goddamn genius.