Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wow gently caress fighting these flying drill centepedes forever. Jesus. The last one took me like 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Omi no Kami posted:

If I spend all my hard-earned money increasing 2B's chip capacity, will that money get flushed down the drain the first time I screw up and get killed?

Memory upgrades are permanent. When you die your equipped chipset remains on your corpse and you gotta go retrieve it. If you die again (or leave it too long but I dunno 'how' long is too long) they're gone. It's not the hugest deal and I only had it happen to me once and I was screwing up bad anyway :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Snak posted:

Wow gently caress fighting these flying drill centepedes forever. Jesus. The last one took me like 5 minutes.

Have you found the second Pod yet? It helps a lot with fighting the centipedes.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Memory upgrades are permanent. When you die your equipped chipset remains on your corpse and you gotta go retrieve it. If you die again (or leave it too long but I dunno 'how' long is too long) they're gone. It's not the hugest deal and I only had it happen to me once and I was screwing up bad anyway :v:

It's annoying on higher difficulties where really good chipsets (like the damage reduction ones) are immensely helpful, and the only way to get equivalent ones is to find Emil's roving emporium and tediously merge chips together back at the Resistance camp. I don't think it's particularly doing the narrative any favors to have it implemented as it is.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 19, 2017

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Whew, that's way more manageable, thanks! In the back of my head I'd been going "No way would they let you waste tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear," then I remembered yoko taro, then I figured I'd check to be sure. XD

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

verbal enema posted:

what is the significance of the Red Girls? Did I miss something? I thought I was crazy in C when u saw a hologrammy girl in the hanger one time

Have you seen the C/D endings yet?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Have you seen the C/D endings yet?

I do but after A and B I was really drunk for the rest of the game so I was just making sure that yes i did miss things.

I forgot how hard you can cry when your drunk

Yeah I should redo the last 4 endings all I remember for sure is how good the music is

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

verbal enema posted:

Super end game spoilers

what is the significance of the Red Girls? Did I miss something? I thought I was crazy in C when u saw a hologrammy girl in the hanger one time

If so ok if not goddamnit

These are super spoilers, do not mouse over this until you've seen C/D

I think somewhere they're literally referred to as "Terminals"; where Adam and Eve are just very advanced but individual machines, the girls are expressions of the machine network as a whole. The holograms will actually show up in a few places in bunker cutscenes, and obviously they show up during the ending B cutscene for maximum What-The-gently caress, but the bunker scenes specifically are there to foreshadow how they already have access to it for when they take control of it early on in the C route. When they're talking to you, it's basically the entire machine race talking to you, at least until A2 messes up their self-awareness in the boss fight and they turn against each other.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Got it working! Had to roll back my drivers to a version from November, but it works just fine now. It's a ton of fun! :eyepop:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

spoilers for the end of the game changed the text to japanese and compared the black box and yorha disposal intels and sure enough the former doesn't contain the contents of the latter like it does with the english text. so yeah, they are unintentionally spoiling people on the later reveal in the tower. hopefully they'll fix it?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Meiteron posted:

These are super spoilers, do not mouse over this until you've seen C/D

I think somewhere they're literally referred to as "Terminals"; where Adam and Eve are just very advanced but individual machines, the girls are expressions of the machine network as a whole. The holograms will actually show up in a few places in bunker cutscenes, and obviously they show up during the ending B cutscene for maximum What-The-gently caress, but the bunker scenes specifically are there to foreshadow how they already have access to it for when they take control of it early on in the C route. When they're talking to you, it's basically the entire machine race talking to you, at least until A2 messes up their self-awareness in the boss fight and they turn against each other.

This game was so good

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question about two shops

Clown robot is supposed to sell Pyrite. I remember seeing it in his stock but now that I'm talking to him the option isn't there. Do playthroughs change stocks and I never noticed?

On Emil's shop I wanna buy his fist weapons but was told to reload until he's in front of the resistance camp. I've reloaded like 10-15 times and each time he's just in front of the desert and never moving from there. How do I get him to haul rear end somewhere else?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you have to talk to him by the desert first or he'll never move from there

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

lets hang out posted:

here's what i beat hard with

had most of them before the end of the first playthrough, also i think a lot of them are quest rewards so hey do those

Josuke Higashikata posted:

these are my primary set right now

looks like i got rid of my lower cost melee def +6 and diamond overclock +3 at some point so i'm just going with this.
35 is really too much for one chip but because i don't use attack ups or anything else, i struggle to fill my board really.

You both need to drop that Melee Damage waste of space and shove Offensive Heal and Damage Absorb in for WAY less instead. FAR more utility and as long as you don't get hit more than once in a shot you'll do well.

But yeah, Anti-Chain Damage is what makes or breaks you on Hard. You HAVE to have it.

Is there some secret to triggering the start of the Lunar Shard quest? Or can I not do it on Route C and had to do it earlier?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
My save file says I've been playing for 7 hours, but I don't feel like I'm very far...

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Route C exploration: I found where Adam and Eve were having their conversations. Turns out they just set a table up on top of the building where you first land after the prologue. Just chilling right next to the resistance base the whole time, heh.

And I asked before, but has anyone figured out what that weird neon lit building is in the dark version of the lower factory?

Snak posted:

My save file says I've been playing for 7 hours, but I don't feel like I'm very far...

Narrative wise, you're not. Most of the major plot beats happen in Route C. A and B are pretty light and kind of end abruptly.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I got a question about ending B I started to see the credits and now I'm looking at a black screen while the ending music sorta loops. Am I supposed to do something here?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I do not understand this yorha betreyers mission. I fought them and they ran away. But the mission isn't failed. Ive searched the other 2 zones inch by inch. What the gently caress.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Snak posted:

I do not understand this yorha betreyers mission. I fought them and they ran away. But the mission isn't failed. Ive searched the other 2 zones inch by inch. What the gently caress.

You need to complete the next area for the next part of the quest to trigger.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So I got a question about ending B I started to see the credits and now I'm looking at a black screen while the ending music sorta loops. Am I supposed to do something here?

Try moving your controls around.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Vermain posted:

Try moving your controls around.

Oh believe me I have been. I think the game has actually glitched out, and I will need to restart and complete route B again.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh believe me I have been. I think the game has actually glitched out, and I will need to restart and complete route B again.

Eesh, that's a pain. What should happen is that the credits come up and you then gain control over 2B back in the Bunker as they play, where you do a short quest that leads you to route C.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

You need to complete the next area for the next part of the quest to trigger.

Oh.

Father Servo is the best.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Vermain posted:

Eesh, that's a pain. What should happen is that the credits come up and you then gain control over 2B back in the Bunker as they play, where you do a short quest that leads you to route C.

Yeah, no, that did not happen for me. Oh well.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I just realized when Eve just wants to "go away somewhere" they don't have to fight with Adam it's Ending D where they get just that :unsmith:

Alder posted:

He sounds older in ENG but 9S is clearly 12 years old in JPN. Hence he's the little brother character who follows you around the entire time.

Late C/D route: It's really messed up that the one model designed to look like a little kid is specifically the one designed to be executed.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

lets hang out posted:

spoilers for the end of the game changed the text to japanese and compared the black box and yorha disposal intels and sure enough the former doesn't contain the contents of the latter like it does with the english text. so yeah, they are unintentionally spoiling people on the later reveal in the tower. hopefully they'll fix it?

I do think it's odd/interesting/funny that the text in the two documents is ever so slightly different. Like the meaning is mostly the same but yeah. [black box] vs. [disposal]: "transfer data to new models" vs. "switch to new models", "intentionally allow an assault" vs. "have it deliberately attacked", "bunker abandoned" vs. "bunker disposed of".

I'm sure it's just a mistake or something, some sort of mix-up that meant a blurb got included where it shouldn't have been and translated again by someone else.

I could have seen it as the black box document using more vague or nicer wording in japanese which allows for the possibility of yorha individuals continuing even if the org disbanded, while Disposal clarifies no, they all are supposed to die, but yeah that's not the case I guess.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I replayed the last few hours so my roommate could see how the game ends, and then putzed around a bit in a section of the early game. Man it's really easy to forget how conducting robot genocide in a desert ghetto can seem downright quaint and homey compared to the nonstop utter despair of Route C.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mazerunner posted:

I do think it's odd/interesting/funny that the text in the two documents is ever so slightly different. Like the meaning is mostly the same but yeah. [black box] vs. [disposal]: "transfer data to new models" vs. "switch to new models", "intentionally allow an assault" vs. "have it deliberately attacked", "bunker abandoned" vs. "bunker disposed of".

I'm sure it's just a mistake or something, some sort of mix-up that meant a blurb got included where it shouldn't have been and translated again by someone else.

yeah i had the same thought

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I know it's my fault for holding circle instead of tapping it as a holdover from Nioh, but good God do I never want to change my combat style! gently caress off Nines and let me loot the god damned chest.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Bugblatter posted:

Route C exploration: I found where Adam and Eve were having their conversations. Turns out they just set a table up on top of the building where you first land after the prologue. Just chilling right next to the resistance base the whole time, heh.

You also find the best customization item there.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So... Emil has started emailing me.

Still no quest, though...

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Fuzz posted:

So... Emil has started emailing me.

Still no quest, though...

You get the Lunar Tear Quest from inspecting a lunar tear in the wild. For me it was the forest entrance one, it's marked as a quest npc on the map

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You get the Lunar Tear Quest from inspecting a lunar tear in the wild. For me it was the forest entrance one, it's marked as a quest npc on the map

I'm guessing they don't exist in Route C? I saw the one in the amusement park in Route A and tried to interact with it but never got a thing.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

The cannibal machines at the end were for harvesting machine cores to upload their data into the ark right?

I'm looking forward to the inevitable databook for clearing up the little details that are just between the lines right now

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Fuzz posted:

I'm guessing they don't exist in Route C? I saw the one in the amusement park in Route A and tried to interact with it but never got a thing.

No, I'm pretty sure not.

Route C has several different sidequests that aren't continued or shared the way A and B do, I think.

e; the first one to trigger the quest might also specifically have to be the one in the shopping mall too

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 19, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Man I am not good at these sidescroller boss fights.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Snak posted:

Man I am not good at these sidescroller boss fights.

If it's adam and eve you don't have to do any damage. Just dodge until they shut up and the cutscene starts.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bugblatter posted:

If it's adam and eve you don't have to do any damage. Just dodge until they shut up and the cutscene starts.

No, it's A2. I can't even keep track of which one I am. 3 black-clad characters with white hair and special effects flying everywhere. I literally can't tellk which one I am. It's like playing smash with all Links and being colorblind.

Edit: and for some reason there's no checkpoint and you can't skip the cutscene.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Snak posted:

No, it's A2. I can't even keep track of which one I am. 3 black-clad characters with white hair and special effects flying everywhere. I literally can't tellk which one I am. It's like playing smash with all Links and being colorblind.

Edit: and for some reason there's no checkpoint and you can't skip the cutscene.

Maintaining airtime and doing slams when she's under you are best. And yeah set your partner to passive or you'll never know who is who.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wait, I can set my partner's behavior? Whwre the gently caress do I do that?

Edit: wait, talking to 9S is to change his combat style?! Well at least that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Just talk to them while walking about