Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I should probably stop playing Nier for the day. But i just fought this Crazy Thing, then went to a Weird Place and fought A Jerk and i need to know what happens next!

I'm still in the first route, how can so many of you have completely finished it already? Madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

a kitten posted:

I should probably stop playing Nier for the day. But i just fought this Crazy Thing, then went to a Weird Place and fought A Jerk and i need to know what happens next!

I'm still in the first route, how can so many of you have completely finished it already? Madness.

The best part of it is that there are like 5 different things that could be what you're talking about.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I still need to replace the combat music in Witcher 3. Witcher 3 modders hit me up

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Welp, it looks like people are starting to harass and threaten Mass Effect Andromeda animators and devs being mistaken for animators. It was fun to joke about it while it lasted

Let me guess, the ones receiving harassment just happen to be women.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 23, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also apparently uploading that caused my Switch to freeze, so that was great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Also apparently uploading that caused my Switch to freeze, so that was great.

Did it take longer than 2 minutes and 58 seconds? Because if so I think I know why.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there an easy way to get a bunch of screenshots off of a PS4.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

In Training posted:

try deleting them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

In Training posted:

Plug in a USB drive and you can copy them over with the gallery browsing app.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

try deleting them

Thank you.

haveblue posted:

Plug in a USB drive and you can copy them over with the gallery browsing app.

Thank you!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Did it take longer than 2 minutes and 58 seconds? Because if so I think I know why.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi, how is everybody doing tonight/this morning?

I just got back from this games shop place. It is just magic the gathering stuff, but we know a couple of people who play there and while we don't play magic, we decided to show up and bring along some other games to play. We ended up playing some pixel tactics, fluxx, and sushi go, and all of them were fun. :) I'm looking forward to getting to go again, and maybe next time setting up something more complicated like the magic the gathering board game or castle ravenloft.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I've wanted to play Castle Ravenloft for ages, I'm jealous. I'm glad you had a good time, FAK.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this is how i walk in my dreams sometimes

http://i.imgur.com/h0IxUx4.gifv

no joke i become aware of it sometimes and i gain some lucid control which is kind of. weird

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi, how is everybody doing tonight/this morning?

I just got back from this games shop place. It is just magic the gathering stuff, but we know a couple of people who play there and while we don't play magic, we decided to show up and bring along some other games to play. We ended up playing some pixel tactics, fluxx, and sushi go, and all of them were fun. :) I'm looking forward to getting to go again, and maybe next time setting up something more complicated like the magic the gathering board game or castle ravenloft.

I played 13th Age last night and accidentally built my character such that nobody in my party will ever get a good night's sleep.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

no joke i become aware of it sometimes and i gain some lucid control which is kind of. weird

I imagine lucid dream walking to be like this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Same, except I don't become lucid. I just always end up turning it into a game where my dream logic is "I wonder how long I can walk with only one actual stepping motion" and I look more like I'm skating along in this kind of position.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

This happened to me exactly once, shortly after I watched the episode of Batman: The Animated Series that was about lucid dreaming.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I've wanted to play Castle Ravenloft for ages, I'm jealous. I'm glad you had a good time, FAK.

Castle Ravenloft is a game I have no idea how to play and I would like to learn the rules of it before I try teaching it to others (because, I mean, duh), and I hope to one day have money so that I can purchase all of the other board games I've suddenly found out about that I think look interesting, such as:

boss monsters, quarriors, kemet, scythe, theseus the dark orbit, tiny epic western, tiny epic galaxies, ra, neuroshima hex, 51st state, imperial settlers, onitama, millennium blades, mega man pixel tactics, dead men tell no tales, north wind, ticket to ride pennsylvania, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa there are too many I want to get and not enough money to get any!!!!! >:[

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lizard Wizard posted:

I imagine lucid dream walking to be like this.
for me its more like regular speed floatin

slow motion is like, if in a dream i fall out into the street and a car is coming, somehow getting up is this extremely arduous process

although i guess the car never hits me?? or maybe it clips through me and my dreams are powered by the Skate 3 engine

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i also dream that i go to malls and theme parks a lot. i think my subconscious really just wants me to get out of the house more to alleviate stress, but i just dont have the money for it.

i wanted to do disney this year but for now i'm just gonna see my friends in minneapolis "minnie"-sota again, either next month or may

the closest amusement park from my place issss i guess six flags or dorney park each of which are several hours away. the shore boardwalks have rides too but they're boardwalk-quality rides..

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My dreams are just my brain continuously generating new ways for me to have nightmares about the same thing over and over :\

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I just discovered you can pause and fast forward in Mini Metro.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I just discovered you can pause and fast forward in Mini Metro.

:D! Good! The game is gonna get a whole lot better now!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Castle Ravenloft is a game I have no idea how to play and I would like to learn the rules of it before I try teaching it to others (because, I mean, duh), and I hope to one day have money so that I can purchase all of the other board games I've suddenly found out about that I think look interesting, such as:

boss monsters, quarriors, kemet, scythe, theseus the dark orbit, tiny epic western, tiny epic galaxies, ra, neuroshima hex, 51st state, imperial settlers, onitama, millennium blades, mega man pixel tactics, dead men tell no tales, north wind, ticket to ride pennsylvania, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa there are too many I want to get and not enough money to get any!!!!! >:[

Money's not the problem for me, it's getting a group together to play. :(

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

How does someone get to that point

I don't get it

How, indeed.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

:D! Good! The game is gonna get a whole lot better now!

I haven't beaten any of your scores yet because I'm bad! Still only a couple hours in the game so far though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Money's not the problem for me, it's getting a group together to play. :(

I'm jealous. I wish I had the money and financial stability to potentially blow cash on stuff like board games.

Though you can always try tabletop simulator if you're looking for people to play with. That's always an option.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Thinking about the Automata story makes me upset about the inevitable databook that reveals two more games' worth of material and a novelization that's the true canon

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Anyone have any tips for Mini Metro actually? I tend to barely pass 1000, and that's usually after failing at least once.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Anyone have any tips for Mini Metro actually? I tend to barely pass 1000, and that's usually after failing at least once.

- Use loops! Loops are often the most effective way to send trains around a level.
- Try to identify chokepoints and other stations who have too much traffic and set up new lines/rearrange lines so they're not so troubled.
- Often, more lines is better than more carriages, and lines/carriages are WAY better than more tunnels.
- Learn how the instantly spawning extra line trick works. I'll dig out a link if you want it, but it shouldn't be necessary until you're trying to break 2k passengers or get achievements for the harder levels.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You're probably already doing this, but try to avoid having too many consecutive stations that are the same shape on the same line.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Instant train warp trick, aka a necessary tool to beating Auckland's achievement. God, I hate that place.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

- Use loops! Loops are often the most effective way to send trains around a level.

Well poo poo. I was just complaining to myself moments ago about how I couldn't do this. I guess I didn't understand that I can as long as it's a closed loop and there's no branches. Thanks!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
oh man i'm so happy, i just won a life size mimikyu from crane catcher

i saw grown men feed fifty bucks into the machine and walk away in defeat, but i learned from watching their mistakes and pulled it off. my final exam from a year of getting crane catcher exp

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I watched a bit of the new pokemon anime in japanese, and holy poo poo mimikyu sounds like a diseased feral animal. It's a terrifying creature.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So Nier: A... I'm about four hours in. Does the combat get more interesting? Because it's definitely not hooking me in the same way Revengeance did. I'm playing on normal and I have gotten through everything basically by button mashing and holding down R1. If the difficulty bump just turns off lock-on and I take more damage, I don't think that would resolve any issues. All the weapons feel the same and all the enemies feel the same, and the fact that there have been multiple fights where it doesn't seem to matter whether I was doing badly or well but it just moves on because the next cinematic beat needs to happen, makes it feel even less meaningful. I guess I'm somewhat interested in pushing the story along but that's about it

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Well poo poo. I was just complaining to myself moments ago about how I couldn't do this. I guess I didn't understand that I can as long as it's a closed loop and there's no branches. Thanks!

You're welcome!

I, uh, I didn't realize you could do loops until halfway through the game. Felt like a real dummy when I finally set one up by accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, the combat isn't on the same level as something like MGR or Bayonetta, it's an action RPG with slicker than usual combat rather than a character action game or whatever you call those.

• Locked thread