Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RME
Feb 20, 2012

tsubasa is the best symphogear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Actually it's Hibiki but thanks for playing

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RME posted:

Chris is the best symphogear

I agree.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Um, yes, is this the thread for Mechanized Artificial Intelligence Domestic Servants?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

HitTheTargets posted:

Um, yes, is this the thread for Mechanized Artificial Intelligence Domestic Servants?

Yes hello.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Chris is very close don't get me wrong

Spiritus Nox posted:

Actually it's Hibiki but thanks for playing

Hibiki works the best as the focal character, but she's not the best symphogear

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

they should bench hibiki by making her the genjuro to a new team and miku her wife

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

If they ever do a "Symphogear The Next Generation" kind of show and don't actually do this, then they are all failures

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Mm, cool. Looks pretty worksafe, is it? Looking for a new train-friendly show to watch on my commutes now that I'm done with Mushishi.

the oldest mountain climber girl has boobs and in a few episodes they wear swim suits and that's about it. it's infinitely more focused on heartwarming stories of the main character showing her mom why mountain climbing is fun

you'll wanna load up the entire first season for a train ride though cause season 1 is like three minutes an ep lol. s1 is cute but s2 uses its longer run time really, really well to tell a story about the main character understanding their own love of mountain climbing and developing her relationship with her childhood friend who is basically her girlfriend, plus there are a couple episodes with really fantastic directing that are kind of impressive visually

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 19, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Full length eps for S2? Or just more of them?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Full length eps for S2?

about 13 minutes each

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Spiritus Nox posted:

Full length eps for S2? Or just more of them?

They're like 7 minute eps in s2.

e: Well I was within an order of magnitude.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

about 13 minutes each

Huh. That is a....very weird episode length.

I'll probably binge S1 tomorrow (assuming I like it, which it sounds like I will) and try S2 starting Monday.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

HitTheTargets posted:

I always wanted to watch Chobits...

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Huh. That is a....very weird episode length.

I'll probably binge S1 tomorrow (assuming I like it, which it sounds like I will) and try S2 starting Monday.

Doesn't seem that weird, basically just a half length episode

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

here's the best part of chobits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXNJ-6qpU6c

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think you have mistakenly linked something there.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

As a guy who likes robots way too much, Chobits is bad.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

I think you have mistakenly linked something there.
this joke is disrespectful, to both round table AND nino

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Yama no susume season 2 also has a college girl with mountains Im encouraged to climb

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

homeless snail posted:

princess nine, is good baseball

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I have not watched the show, but agreed.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I finally did it. I got the sexy link outfit in breath of the wild

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a good op, shame about the everything else

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Dangerous Person posted:

too many to count

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm kind of really liking how the Hylian Set looks so far, very into earthy colours Link w/ hood

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The only good part of chobits is ningyo hime.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Truga posted:

The only good part of chobits is ningyo hime.

homeless snail posted:

this joke is disrespectful, to both round table AND nino

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I've been reading translations of Re Zero Act 4 for the last 12 hours today. May require assistance.

I'm currently at the part where Subaru is eaten alive by hundreds of little monster white rabbits.

YES WHITE RABBITS

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Boy and The Beast is a movie that has a really strong first act, a decent second act, and then the third act is really dumb and overly childish.

I don't regret watching it but it's def the weakest Hosoda film, no question.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I don't really remember the end other than giant ghost whale? What was wrong with it?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Garie is a ton of fun whenever she's on screen. She's my favorite part of GX.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Knorth posted:

I don't really remember the end other than giant ghost whale? What was wrong with it?

They just barely acknowledge what led to the whole conflict and it hurts how they resolve it. They bring up that Ichirohiko had a lot of anger over being different from the beasts but for the most part they don't really address it much after that. No real attempt at speaking to him during the battle (which is what I'd rather see than an attempt to "absorb his darkness"). That combined with how he loses his memory of everything that happened once he was completely full of darkness made it a pretty unsatisfying resolution to me; in fact I find it outright odd that Ren and Ichirohiko don't really get to have an actual conversation in the second half of the movie! That's something that could have gone a long way for me.

I guess at the end I wish the stuff about "darkness inside humans" was less literal. It's a shame since before that conflict was set up I was enjoying the movie a lot. It doesn't bring down the movie so much that I'd never tell someone to watch it, but I'd definitely point them towards the other Hosoda films first.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I vaguely remember that battle but not why they're fighting at all... definitely recall thinking the darkness inside was pretty silly though

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Also, agreed about referring people to other films first, although I loving love Wolf Children so that was never really in question for me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

symphogear gx is definitely the most tokusatsu of the symphogear seasons, the problem is that they only have 13 episodes to execute on it and they waste half of those with just retreading fight scenes. the writer dude (who i refer to mentally as wild arms man so much that i forgot his real name) even pointed this out in an interview, the producers said 'well G was a big improvement sales-wise over S1, so write whatever you want' and the anime staff trusted him at this point, so he just crammed it full of everything he wanted to do because he wasn't sure if they'd get a S4/S5. Which is why the show has to force in dad subplots for both Hibiki and Tsubasa, they're lingering parts of their characters that need to be resolved.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dangerous Person posted:

:congratulations:

https://twitter.com/NZxUR/status/843098280326189060

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

symphogear gx is definitely the most tokusatsu of the symphogear seasons, the problem is that they only have 13 episodes to execute on it and they waste half of those with just retreading fight scenes. the writer dude (who i refer to mentally as wild arms man so much that i forgot his real name) even pointed this out in an interview, the producers said 'well G was a big improvement sales-wise over S1, so write whatever you want' and the anime staff trusted him at this point, so he just crammed it full of everything he wanted to do because he wasn't sure if they'd get a S4/S5. Which is why the show has to force in dad subplots for both Hibiki and Tsubasa, they're lingering parts of their characters that need to be resolved.

Ah, the Hideo Kojima mistake.

Well, hopefully they're more willing to let things breathe now that they know they've got two cours coming up to fit all their stuff into. All GX really needs is a bit more focus and maybe a more compelling villain and I really wouldn't be complaining at all.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

• Locked thread