Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

remusclaw posted:

Didn't Matt Striker in his first Wrestle Kingdom commentary try to justify Yano's use of the turnbuckle pad as a weapon by stating it had a metal bar inside of it?

he just arbitrarily makes up poo poo that would be of interest or add a little flavor to the match he's commentating if only it had any truth or basis in reality to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ahhhhhh they're doing the match that I really want them to do! Awesome!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

The final second round match of Ishii/SANADA is now uploaded on njpwworld.com!

it's really good if anyone hasn't been watching the second round matches. Sanada is a future star for sure.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
I really hope Ishii win this. I'm fairly certain he is my spirit animal.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Baron Corbyn posted:

it's really good if anyone hasn't been watching the second round matches. Sanada is a future star for sure.
He certainly is and this match cements him as a capable singles wrestler if he wasn't already.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NJC Semifinals are late tonight US time at the fairly reasonable hour of 2:00 AM EDT/6:00 GMT

NJC Semifinals
March 19th at 2:0 AM EDT/7:00 GMT
Act City Hamamatsu

Yuji Nagata, Hirai Kawato, and Katsuya Kitamura. Juice Robinson, David Finlay, and Tomoyuki Oka
Jado and Gedo vs. El Desperado and TAKA Michinoku
Ten-Cozy, Jushin Liger, and Tiger Mask IV vs. Suzuki-gun (MiSu, Iizuka, Kanemaru, and Taichi)
Tana, Elgin, KUSHIDA, and Taguchi vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, SANADA, and BUSHI)
CHAOS (Okada, Goto, YTR, and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Bullet Club (Omega, GOD, and Yujiro)
NJC Semifinal:EVIL vs. Bad Luck Fale
NJC Semifinal:Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

NJC Semifinal:EVIL vs. Bad Luck Fale

Bad match.

Thauros posted:

NJC Semifinal:Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Good match!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

I'm willing to give this a shot. I have NJPW World. What are 3 Toru Yano matches that I should watch?

His matches against Suzuki are the best. Suzuki literally tries everything short of bringing a chainsaw and he always ends up short against YTR.

If you've got the cash, I strongly suggest importing the YTR VTRs and grabbing the english subtitles. You find out super important facts about CHAOS's history and Ishii's love of big tits.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Jerusalem posted:

Bad match.

<:mad:>

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

it's a typo. He meant Bad's Match as in Bad Luck Fale's match.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Jerusalem posted:

Bad match.

EVIL is cool and good so I can only assume your hating on Fale.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jack Anderson posted:

EVIL is cool and good so I can only assume your hating on Fale.

Yes. EVIL rules and I want only the best for him.

Having to have a match with Fale is not the best :mad:

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Jerusalem posted:

Yes. EVIL rules and I want only the best for him.

Having to have a match with Fale is not the best :mad:

Yeah I saw him work the 6 man title match on WK11 and honest to god I can't remember a single thing he did. Remembers EVIL's entrance though. That's what sold me on him.

Also am I wrong for liking what the Young Bucks are doing in NJPW? I binged watch a bunch of their matches and their characters of Heels That Do Cool Moves somehow works.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

EVIL is such a hit with the ladies. It's amazing.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I can't even believe who just won that match.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Fale? I'm very disappointed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
fale vs shibata finals

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
told ya

https://twitter.com/polwres/status/842703210158706688

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

My favorite New Japan pattern that everyone forgets is the annual Fale Is A Threat season.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

My favorite New Japan pattern that everyone forgets is the annual Fale Is A Threat season.

Fale only gets wins during tournaments, them's the rules. See you again for the G1 when people get mad about him beating people higher on the card all over again.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jack Anderson posted:

Also am I wrong for liking what the Young Bucks are doing in NJPW? I binged watch a bunch of their matches and their characters of Heels That Do Cool Moves somehow works.

No, because the Young Bucks are great at everything they do and their presence in NJPW is good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I got my timezones mixed up again but I'm kinda glad I didn't watch EVIL lose :smith:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerusalem posted:

I got my timezones mixed up again but I'm kinda glad I didn't watch EVIL lose :smith:
Watch Shibata and Ishii slugging it out, though, if you haven't already.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm always going to have a little soft spot for Fale due to that time the Observer posted 'Bad gently caress Fale' by mistake (or not by mistake???? insider knowledge?)

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

here comes the spunk posted:

Fale? I'm very disappointed.

https://twitter.com/TOKSFALE/status/843288575521124352

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:stare:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kitamura is gonna be a beast maineventer one day

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NJC Finals card is finally released!

New Japan Cup Finals
Ao-re, Nagaoka, Niigata Prefecture
2:00 EDT/6:00 GMT

Hirai Kawato vs Tomoyuki Oka
Liger, Finlay, TMIV vs. SZKG (Iizuka, TAKA, Desperado)
Ten-Cozy vs. Yuji Nagata and Katsuya Kitamura
CHAOS (Goto, Jado, and Gedo) vs. SZKG (MiSu, Kanemaru, and Taichi)
Tana, Elgin, KUSHIDA, Juice and Taguchi vs. LIJ
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, Yano and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Bullet Club (Omega, GOD, and Yujiro)
NJC Final: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Bad Luck Fale

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I really hope Shibata wins, and I hope just as much that he doesn't choose to challenge Goto for some dumb reason.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The cheat off section of EVIL/Fale was fun, but man I wanted and EVIL win.

Shibata/Ishii was outstanding. I could watch those two fight in perpetuity.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Thauros posted:

NJC Finals card is finally released!

New Japan Cup Finals
Ao-re, Nagaoka, Niigata Prefecture
2:00 EDT/6:00 GMT

Hirai Kawato vs Tomoyuki Oka
Liger, Finlay, TMIV vs. SZKG (Iizuka, TAKA, Desperado)
Ten-Cozy vs. Yuji Nagata and Katsuya Kitamura
CHAOS (Goto, Jado, and Gedo) vs. SZKG (MiSu, Kanemaru, and Taichi)
Tana, Elgin, KUSHIDA, Juice and Taguchi vs. LIJ
CHAOS (Okada, Ishii, Yano and YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Bullet Club (Omega, GOD, and Yujiro)
NJC Final: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Bad Luck Fale

Thats a good card. Chaos vs. Bullet Club and the LIJ match are going to be awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The :haw::hf::mmmhmm::neckbeard: faces in the crowd when the winner picked the champion he wanted to challenge ruled.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

gently caress yes, my boy Katsuyori did it!

I was bummed about EVIL not making the finals but it was the right call because LIJ splits the crowd so often these days. Hearing every single person in the building pulling for Shibata made the win that much better. Definitely fills Fale's good match quota for the year early; the last three to five minutes of the match were particularly great. Gotta admit I bit hard on the Grenade nearfall. That PK was straight up chest collapsing. I wonder if Fale negotiated not doing a forearm barrage in exchange for just eating the most thunderous kick in recent memory.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
called it

https://twitter.com/polwres/status/807172786376572928

https://twitter.com/polwres/status/816698846088728576

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Man, I want to see Shibata as champ, and he isn't wrapped up like a mummy yet, so it's not an easy out for him to lose due to exploitation of an injury. But what with him being subject zero in the recent Wrestling sex leaks and my fear he will forever be stuck IC level tops, I have my doubts. Hopes too.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i think he will be a champion eventually. most likely not right now though, although i wouldn't be confident in ruling out the possibility entirely either

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I have to think the belt stays on Okada until it's time for Kenny to take it.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Really liked the main event. All about getting Shibata a big reaction and making him look like a beast. I don't think he's winning but the match next month gonna rock.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't think he's winning, but him winning makes it far likelier in my opinion that Omega wins the belt this summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

remusclaw posted:

Man, I want to see Shibata as champ, and he isn't wrapped up like a mummy yet, so it's not an easy out for him to lose due to exploitation of an injury. But what with him being subject zero in the recent Wrestling sex leaks and my fear he will forever be stuck IC level tops, I have my doubts. Hopes too.

i'm not expecting him to beat Okada (wouldn't completely shock eme tho) but I think winning the NJC and headlining one of their 5 biggest shows is a fairly clear indicator that the sexts didn't hurt his push.

• Locked thread