Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

pubic works project posted:

Lmao yeah I know, but I wouldn't spend the #4 back on a RB. Maybe a 3rd rounder.

This is what folks said about Zeke, and before you mention Jordan Howard, I'm pretty sure the former will be around for much longer. Hopefully the Cowboys situation can make NFL execs realize that an all-pro RB can make life much easier for grooming a young QB.

E: In fact, that may be exactly what the Jags are thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

John Brown posted:

This is what folks said about Zeke, and before you mention Jordan Howard, I'm pretty sure the former will be around for much longer. Hopefully the Cowboys situation can make NFL execs realize that an all-pro RB can make life much easier for grooming a young QB.

The cowboys also have a line that can block the jags dont

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Metapod posted:

The cowboys also have a line that can block the jags dont

If Fournette is a generational talent (as many have said he has the potential be), then he'll be good enough to produce for a couple years while a team builds around him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/842836106638848001

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kaepernick has one of the lowest interception rates among active QBs.

:ssh:

Edit: 5 career multi-INT games and 10 of 30 career INTs in 3 games.

Hard to throw interceptions into the dirt

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 18, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Spoeank posted:

He throws the ball so hard DB's can't catch it either.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Vikings should sign kaep so he can own the packers twice this year

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I agree with your first sentence. I think there are better players to draft at 4 though. I really like Solomon Thomas and an argument could be made for other players that will be available at that spot.

I'm pretty sure Fowler is a bust, so a DE wouldnt be a bad pick. A trade back, even a few spots, to be in a more appropriate position to take a lineman would be nice, too.

I'm not saying I know what they SHOULD do, but I have a strong opinion on what they should NOT do (which is draft a Running Back at 4).

I'd love Thomas too, but he might not even be available at 4. If Fournette really is as good as advertised, he'd probably be well worth a top 5 pick though.

Holy hell they better draft a guard or too because dang that line is something else

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hey everybody, just a heads-up that the 2017 Goon Draft thread is up right here, so come on down and pick your teams if you want to participate

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

John Brown posted:

Don't trigger me like that. I wanted the Colts to take Howard in the 4th round, but nooooooooooooo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want the Jags to fix the line and grab a great RB, just because I prefer four yards and a cloud of dust football.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOFXsYuYGLw

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I agree with your first sentence. I think there are better players to draft at 4 though. I really like Solomon Thomas and an argument could be made for other players that will be available at that spot.

I'm pretty sure Fowler is a bust, so a DE wouldnt be a bad pick. A trade back, even a few spots, to be in a more appropriate position to take a lineman would be nice, too.

I'm not saying I know what they SHOULD do, but I have a strong opinion on what they should NOT do (which is draft a Running Back at 4).

I actually think Thomas makes a lot more sense, even if Fowler ends up panning out. It's not like you can ever have too many edge rushers.

I'm just saying that Fournette wouldn't be that crazy a pick for them.

John Brown posted:

Honestly, I don't understand why Howard fell as far as he did. He was projected consistently as a top five running back. I'm not convinced Zeke is that much better than Howard. Howard did as much as Zeke with a lot less to work with. Hell, you could argue he did more.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sataere posted:

I'm just saying that Fournette wouldn't be that crazy a pick for them.
I think Fournette would be crazy because the Jaguars don't have the OL that the Cowboys do, so drafting a top tier RB in the same spot will not have a similar effect.

Yeldon was a high second round pick and he ain't done poo poo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I think Fournette would be crazy because the Jaguars don't have the OL that the Cowboys do, so drafting a top tier RB in the same spot will not have a similar effect.

Yeldon was a high second round pick and he ain't done poo poo.

A top RB can thrive with a poo poo line, and average guy can with Dallas'. Your poo poo line is exactly why fournette is a good choice, if the coaches think he can be good. He takes pressure off Bortles and keeps defenses honest so that you can try to get that Passing game going.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

A top RB can thrive with a poo poo line, and average guy can with Dallas'. Your poo poo line is exactly why fournette is a good choice, if the coaches think he can be good. He takes pressure off Bortles and keeps defenses honest so that you can try to get that Passing game going.

It takes a really, really good rb to be able to do that these days though. Lb's are faster and dt's are bigger than ever

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Yeah he has that crazy interception reputation because he melts down in hilarious, high profile ways (back to back pick sixes, the Sherman rant)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Chichevache posted:

Fournette isn't the back for that.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

TBeats posted:

Yeah, was going to say this.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TBeats posted:

My point exactly. He doesnt look like he runs like Beast Mode.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

My point exactly. He doesnt look like he runs like Beast Mode.

There's more than one way to do it. Barry never really had the best o lines. But like I said, it takes a special back to be able to consistently make poo poo happen regardless of who is in front of them.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Volkerball posted:

There's more than one way to do it. Barry never really had the best o lines. But like I said, it takes a special back to be able to consistently make poo poo happen regardless of who is in front of them.

Barry also had legs the size of redwoods and had some of the best lateral movement in human history. I also don't remember him having injury problems.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
we've already seen fournette vs NFL talent defensive fronts behind a bad line and both times bama held him to like -40 yards on 20 attempts. it was brutal and he's not a guy who can transcend zero blocking

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Meanwhile Coopermanning was put to sleep.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Volkerball posted:

Barry never really had the best o lines.

Not strictly true. The O Line on the 91 team that went to the NFC Championship game was pretty drat good. But Utley got paralyzed, I think another one died in the off season...

But yeah, o line almost didn't matter for Barry. Dude was borderline untackleable.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Q_res posted:

Not strictly true. The O Line on the 91 team that went to the NFC Championship game was pretty drat good. But Utley got paralyzed, I think another one died in the off season...

But yeah, o line almost didn't matter for Barry. Dude was borderline untackleable.

Fun fact: Barry Sanders is the all time leader in negative yards from scrimmage.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
And still never once put up a <1000 yard.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Q_res posted:

And still never once put up a <1000 yard.

And still averaged 5 yards per carry over his career.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

those are labrador retrievers they should be named after recievers :mad:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Like Austin Collie?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

mastershakeman posted:

we've already seen fournette vs NFL talent defensive fronts behind a bad line and both times bama held him to like -40 yards on 20 attempts. it was brutal and he's not a guy who can transcend zero blocking

Yeah I am not sold on Fournette at all. I watched a few LSU games this past season and he looked bad. Couldn't get anything done on the ground.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Collies aren't retrievers!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Fournette and Gurley both failed my super secret runningback test: if they aren't the best back on the team their last year in college don't draft them early

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

At least this Peyton won't be rubbing his balls on anyone unsolicited.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Raku posted:

Fournette and Gurley both failed my super secret runningback test: if they aren't the best back on the team their last year in college don't draft them early

Wasn't gurley out with an ACL tear? Not sure I agree with your methodology

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thaddius the Large posted:

At least this Peyton won't be rubbing his balls on anyone unsolicited.

Have you seen a dog in real life? That's all they do.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Volkerball posted:

Wasn't gurley out with an ACL tear? Not sure I agree with your methodology

Not at first and either way Chubb was still better

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My super secret test for drafting running backs is do not take anyone in the first round unless you have an all pro line first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/MarquetteKing/status/843498269716037636

• Locked thread