Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Video Game Aspie posted:

I am not a very good player and today's mission has me on the verge of giving up on it because of this. Granted, I am contributing to what you are complaining about (I am using a T95) but at least I attempt to crawl to the front lines and use my hp to do some good.

I just wanted a free premium tank but I sincerely doubt I have the skills, or even the time, to get 20 games with top 5 damage, especially at these higher tiers where I'm seeing fv215b 183's and JPE100's everywhere thumping out larger shells than I have, or games where the team is actually -too good- and the enemy team gets rolled the gently caress over before I can crawl my way into view range of anything.

TDs have their role, but they should be limited to a few per match. Support roles, not main force

Duzzy Funlop posted:

gently caress the T25 Pilot missions lol

I can't believe people are killing themselves for a lovely tank they're going to leave abandoned or sell once they've had their fill of being penned by a stiff breeze

:homebrew: "All right! I bought myself a T25 pilot to try out!"
:smuggo: "I got mine free, that makes me better"

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The upside will be a bunch of pubbies driving around in T25 damage pinatas. Easy pickings for the actual good tier 8 premiums Wargaming have released.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

Axetrain posted:

The upside will be a bunch of pubbies driving around in T25 damage pinatas. Easy pickings for the actual good tier 8 premiums Wargaming have released.

Smelling that third mark, eh?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I spent fifteen hours helping install a hardwood floor, and I feel significantly happier doing that than suffering through trying to get 20 top five damage games.

Video Game Aspie posted:

I just wanted a free premium tank but I sincerely doubt I have the skills, or even the time, to get 20 games with top 5 damage, especially at these higher tiers where I'm seeing fv215b 183's and JPE100's everywhere thumping out larger shells than I have, or games where the team is actually -too good- and the enemy team gets rolled the gently caress over before I can crawl my way into view range of anything.

I am very good. If I weren't busy I'd have tried to just play twenty KV-220 games, but that still takes three or four hours to get through.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I thought the same thing. My reaction was "free tank", and then, over the last couple of days, I realized a) how dumb the tank was, and b) how dumb I was for spending my time grinding missions when I could be playing the T-34, T-34-85, O-Ho, Cromwell, and T67.

You know, fun tanks.

Those tanks seem really good candidates for grinding the mission out though.

Anime_Otaku posted:

Is the Sentinel AC any good? The console version has just released it and it says it has the Firefly gun, which I like.

It's fine. It isn't worth spending money, but I got it from TankRewards and it's fun. It's so much worse than the Rudy and Cromwell B that I can't recommend buying it.

drat we've gotten some great gifs/vids this month.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you're soloing on NA West top 5 is loving easy. I'd say in at least 80% of my losses I'm top 5.

Do 1k damage at tier 6, top 5 for sure.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
So ever since that micro patch a couple of weeks ago, WoT is crashing when I try to load into a game. I uninstalled OMC and tried playing a game in the L-60 and it worked. Anything else? crashes on load in.

I'm wondering if it's a sign.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yeonik posted:

So ever since that micro patch a couple of weeks ago, WoT is crashing when I try to load into a game. I uninstalled OMC and tried playing a game in the L-60 and it worked. Anything else? crashes on load in.

Just gonna guess that the starting tiers updated correctly and then somehow the higher tiers got corrupted. Clean reinstall is your only solution.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Yeonik posted:

Listen to it

Jesus, battle on Steppes...7 Skorpions....correction, 7 pubbie Skorpions. Two on my team ran forward down the center and got slaughtered. The third was the only to go with me west, took a shot at a T26E4 and ran away to hide in the back. Eventually my heavies showed up (I'm in a T26E4 as well) and we push around to destroy all four of their Skorpions, not one of which scores a single shot. I don't know whether to sigh and expect this poo poo from here on in with skorpions galore, or hope for this where there are Skorpions galore but they're all retarded

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Just gonna guess that the starting tiers updated correctly and then somehow the higher tiers got corrupted. Clean reinstall is your only solution.

I fixed it, you were right. Only had to do a check and it updated the corrupted files.

Game is still terrible!

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

PhallicPhalanges posted:

Is it possible to enjoy the m3 lee?

About 2 years ago a friend of mine got jumped by 4 medium tanks in one of the building clusters on Fjords. By some miracle he managed to beat them, alone. One of the players actually said "Did we just get rolled by a Lee?"

I believe it was the single most enjoyable moment anybody has had in that tank. Also I have no idea how he survived that, it was total loving bullshit.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Lee has absurd dpm for a tier 4 tank.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
mmMMMMmm thats a nice ammo rack

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
Hey, what happened to those 4 CW videos or whatever that you posted the other day and then deleted immediately?
[/quote]

they were uploaded as unlisted for a while then at one point i unlisted all my videos but then made them all public and didnt want anything to do with that cancerous clan so i deleted them because every time i seen them it reminded me how terrible that was :smithicide:

also i dont know how to quote very well.. the guy with the blue on that beats his wife

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Well this daily mission sure was fun :\

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Anime_Otaku posted:

Is the Sentinel AC any good? The console version has just released it and it says it has the Firefly gun, which I like.

It's basically a premium Firefly. So pretty good if you like that tank.

PhallicPhalanges posted:

No, unless you're that Animu guy who hangs around here and doesn't shut up about it.

Cartoon posted:

Got my second hour ban for TKing last night (I have two accounts). The first one was probably justified but this one was gotten after 3 or 4 tracking shots on an arsehole who pushed me off a cliff in Abbey. I was just starting to enjoy the circle and track game while Mr T29 douche attempted to get his gun pointed at me. And then I was blue for five games? I barely took off 100 HP and get battle buddy all the time. Maybe it was my clan tag or they have seen into my dark and rotten soul.

You can get one, maybe two team-damaging shots in per match. Use them wisely; I usually save them for the kill shot on a shitter. Don't be stupid and get yourself banned instead of them, though.

Turmoilx posted:

also i dont know how to quote very well.. the guy with the blue on that beats his wife

Uh, that was me, the commander of the clan you're currently in.

And that's Aroldis Chapman in my avatar, he's not on the Cubs anymore so I should probably get a new avatar for this season! :unsmith:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

How do I take this even further? Grind 21 accounts to tier 10? That would take roughly forever.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I reinstalled this on a whim last night and wow. Did people always bitch this hard about win/loss statistics in tier loving 2 newbie tanks?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Xvm is near universal now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Which explains why Arty will focus you when there are much easier kills available for them.

Its because you aren't tomato coloured.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

XVM is cancer and should die.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Michaellaneous posted:

XVM is cancer and should die.

baddie spotted

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I don't use any HUD modifications. I've played stock game forever.

Also, screw today's t25 pilot mission. *Attempts it anyways*

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Bob A Feet posted:

baddie spotted

It really should die. It gets old being focused by arty for being purple.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Try being worse at the game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I need a new grind.

Failowe 2.0, Maus or the Japanese Heavy?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I have no idea how to not be bad at this game. Wow.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Bob A Feet posted:

baddie spotted

Not even hiding it, yeah I am bad http://wotlabs.net/eu/player/Michaellaneous

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

moolchaba posted:

I don't use any HUD modifications. I've played stock game forever.

Also, screw today's t25 pilot mission. *Attempts it anyways*

This poo poo is getting really obnoxious. I have to assume this was their plan all along - get people hooked/invested with the easy missions, slowly make them total crap and hope people just say "eh, $15 for a T8 premium I would otherwise never buy is good considering all the work I put in for it". I will probably be one of those people because babby was hungover and didn't go to Business 101 when the prof talked about the sunk cost fallacy

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
I have been stuck on TD-15-3 for loving eternity. And, just now this happens. I have an evidently retarded team in Paris that all decide to push en masse through the north. I figured I'll go to the spawn and camp there to farm a few hits before the inevitable deluge of shells that I know is coming.

http://wotreplays.com/site/3441713#paris-sir_squish-isu-152

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
This mission can go die in a fire. At least yesterday we didn't have to win. I am at 5/10 and the struggle is as real as the sunk cost fallacy.

Also 252U is stupidly good.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

primelaw posted:

Well this daily mission sure was fun :\

Seems like I'll be doing ten or so battles in my Churchill 3 tonight. Remember folks, the Churchill 3 gets a 30% base XP bonus because Wargaming.

Liquid Communism posted:

I reinstalled this on a whim last night and wow. Did people always bitch this hard about win/loss statistics in tier loving 2 newbie tanks?

When I was starting my gimmick account, losing was extremely bad - if you win, you'd get like 80% of the experience needed to get up to tier three. If you lost, you'd get maybe 5-10%. Getting five losses in a row due to having multiple players with tens of thousands of games on your team who just never bother to deal damage is frustrating, especially with the state low tier matchmaking is in on the NA server.

serious gaylord posted:

Which explains why Arty will focus you when there are much easier kills available for them.

Its because you aren't tomato coloured.

I was in clan wars in a reloading 200HP 50B. Instead of shooting the rear of our higher health E5s and letting the IS-4 chasing me kill me, the enemy M53 went for the killshot on me and the IS-4 was swiftly eaten by our other tanks.

Mesadoram posted:

I need a new grind.

Failowe 2.0, Maus or the Japanese Heavy?

The VK7201 is very, very good, so presumably the clone is also good, and the Maus is actually good when you can get into position.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

PhallicPhalanges posted:

Yes, if you get decent at the game, pimp it up with upgrades and garish camo and the works*, and accept that it's an awkward as poo poo gimmick tank. As McGavin mentioned it has ludicrous DPM, but getting to leverage that takes considerable effort.

*: Mine says "Welcome to Hell" in the front.

Rorac posted:

About 2 years ago a friend of mine got jumped by 4 medium tanks in one of the building clusters on Fjords. By some miracle he managed to beat them, alone. One of the players actually said "Did we just get rolled by a Lee?"

I believe it was the single most enjoyable moment anybody has had in that tank. Also I have no idea how he survived that, it was total loving bullshit.
I won 5500 gold with it in The Mighty Jingles' replay contest years ago, by carrying a tier 4 game with 9 kills. I had it kitted out with equipment but the tank itself was stock because I was a dumdum and forgot to fit the top modules when I rebought the tank for the contest.

The tank also appears in 1941, one of my favourite movies, which plays a part in why it has a special place in my heart.

Atomizer posted:

No, unless you're that Animu guy who hangs around here and doesn't shut up about it.
Or me! Although I have no delusions of it being a legit good tank.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Seems like I'll be doing ten or so battles in my Churchill 3 tonight. Remember folks, the Churchill 3 gets a 30% base XP bonus because Wargaming.

It took me about 4-5 hours last night to finish. Today's took me about 3.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Atomizer posted:

You can get one, maybe two team-damaging shots in per match. Use them wisely; I usually save them for the kill shot on a shitter. Don't be stupid and get yourself banned instead of them, though.

Are you sure it's two? I was in a battle on Abby with a kill stealing KV-1 that hit me in the back of my KV-2 turret four times while trying to use me as a shield. The sad part was I wasn't moving at any time he dumped his shots into me.
Near the end he rammed and wrestled a T29 for a shot on a Hellcat because it was a one shot while the Hellcat just laid shots into them. The T29 said gently caress it and backed off so the KV-1 had a clear shot but sat there doing nothing till the T29 rammed him and typed in chat "Kill him retard!"
Met up with him again a few matches later and waited till he got in front of me and one shotted him in the rear end. "Kill stealing pubbie human being"

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

The VK7201 is very, very good, so presumably the clone is also good, and the Maus is actually good when you can get into position.

That is good to hear. I do enjoy the Failowe, even more so after the armor buff, so this makes sense.

Thanks.

Also, if anyone wants to tank their stats please try to grind the T7 Swedish TD and the T49. It is working out Great for me.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

what stops a person from buying a zillion large repair kits and selling them at normal price?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
you're buying at half price, and selling for half price?

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

what stops a person from buying a zillion large repair kits and selling them at normal price?

This will net you a princely sum of 0 credits profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Steelion posted:

you're buying at half price, and selling for half price?

Remember when they had sales on premium rounds, and people figured out which rounds to buy a shitton of to make a profit when selling them back after, because WG are terrible at rounding prices?