Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spellman
May 31, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

gently caress Ubi/EA/whoever, bring on the indies. 1st party Nintendo titles backed up by Stardew, roguelikes, and being a couch multiplayer machine in things like Overcooked and Jackbox, we're good.

We actually are pretty much guaranteed to get Ubisoft's 'indies' and they're actually pretty good. Child of Light on the Wii U was dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

I'll bite, paypal incoming

U gettin it free. Its been dropped off at the post office, and based on your location you'll be receiving it's Tuesday. Hell maybe even tomorrow.

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 19, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

gently caress Ubi/EA/whoever, bring on the indies. 1st party Nintendo titles backed up by Stardew, roguelikes, and being a couch multiplayer machine in things like Overcooked and Jackbox, we're good.

:yeah:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

You can start celebrating when Switch gets Madden or Assassins Creed.

:barf:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Mario run reviews are actually hilarious. One of the top reviews on iOS is more or less "After several months of playing and earning every achievement the game is now stale. I can't believe after many hours of play that I no longer enjoy it and feel that 10 dollars was too much for this title. So greedy for them to entertain me for probably 100 hours for less than the price of a chipotle burrito. Sepuku your konichiwa bitch asses!"

That's the general tone of many reviews nowadays.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Yes so much third party support that there is already one third party game!! And once they see how much it -no pun intended- bombs, they're surely going to jump on board!!!

Switch won't have any third party support unless a miracle happens. Devs don't want to keep developing for PS3, 360 level still especially since its way more work.

There's a reason why EA and Ubi isn't touching this thing at launch other than stuff that's simple to make (just dance, last gen FIFA).

You can start celebrating when Switch gets Madden or Assassins Creed.

Can we stop this kind of future doom prediction posting? I don't understand why so many posters are obsessed with saying that Nintendo won't have any third party games ever.

Surely we are too early into the lifetime to be this gloomy! Come back in a year when you'll know for certain. I was under the impression that the Switch had been designed to be easy to develop for and mitigate the lack of third party stuff that plagued the WiiU.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

ColdPie posted:

If the Switch fails, Nintendo will be forced to pull a SEGA and put their games out on consoles that I actually want to own. Everybody wins.

Sega is a shell of their former selves. I'd be willing to bet similar would happen to Nintendo if they tried going 3rd party. They'd cut a lot of resources and teams from their dev teams because as of now they make a good amount of money from hardware sales. (Wii U aside, 3ds made them a ton of money). They'd be less likely to take development risks (you think the endless mario/zelda games now are bad?) and the games would be a whole lot less polished. As much as people want them to go third party, I just don't think you'd see the same quality if they did.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Wheany posted:

Checkmate2 :smuggo:

Yes indeed, if Nintendo somehow drops out of the hardware business then they'll make mobile games out of their IPs until the death of the universe.

And only mobile games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

Xbox Hate Thread posting is a mental illness.

Its a chat thread about chinese tv shows because xbox is good now. Free yourself of hate

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Tried buying Binding of Isaac from the US (I'm from Europe), but apparently it checks your zip code, at least when buying with a credit card. I assume it doesn't just accept a US code there? (Didn't try, figured I'd rather not mess with the card information) How do people buy from other regions; I've heard it's possible plenty of times? Or is it just for physical copies?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo will probably go 3rd party after they transition to a movie/themepark company.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Buy eshop codes digitally, same as on PSN

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nintendo, even on systems that don't do so well, makes more money from hardware than software. Thus, if they choose to exit the hardware market, that means less income. They will then be forced to downsize, which means firing employees and having to focus on sure fire money makers. Say goodbye to lower tier franchises, and say hello to Nintendo actually becoming the Zelda and Mario machine everyone likes to accuse them of being. Said franchises would also likely become annualized, with innovation on their formulas ceasing because, again, this new market means less risk. You will still see Pokémon and likely Fire Emblem and Splatoon, but very little else. Newer IPs become less frequent, and you have a 70 % chance of never seeing franchises like Pikmin or Metroid ever again.

But hey.

It'll all be worth it to play Mario on your PS4, right?

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Buy eshop codes digitally, same as on PSN

Oh, right. What are some good, trusted places to shop for these? I've only bought game codes for PC things from sites like Greenmangaming, but those don't seem to have Switch games.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a chat thread about chinese tv shows because xbox is good now. Free yourself of hate

Nice try fucker!!!!!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dropbear posted:

Oh, right. What are some good, trusted places to shop for these? I've only bought game codes for PC things from sites like Greenmangaming, but those don't seem to have Switch games.

Play-asia is solid. They delivered the code for me in minutes.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Nintendo won't be validated in my eyes until they get annual Madden releases for it that 90% of the player base won't give a poo poo about

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Nothing like finding Money = Power when you have 80 coins.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Soul Glo posted:

That's the standard reply from any Nintendo diehard when someone wishes more third party support would show up on Nintendo platforms

"Hm, yes, well, those games are poo poo, good sir :smug:"

:same:

Im far from a die hard. But continue on with whatever stupid point you're trying to make.

I'd like to play more games? How is that some loving point that needs to be argued?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dropbear posted:

Tried buying Binding of Isaac from the US (I'm from Europe), but apparently it checks your zip code, at least when buying with a credit card. I assume it doesn't just accept a US code there? (Didn't try, figured I'd rather not mess with the card information) How do people buy from other regions; I've heard it's possible plenty of times? Or is it just for physical copies?

I tried the exact same thing (Lemme guess you tried to use 90210 as your postcode? :v:)

Buy the eShop cards digitally like others have said.

I bought mine from Play-asia
Very reputable
Got the code within minutes
0 issues

http://www.play-asia.com/digital_codes/nintendo_eshop/14/711z7

Got $10 left, so I might grab another $10 card next week and grab Snake Pass when it hits :slick:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Guy who last owned a N64 as his Nintendo console. A hard core Nintendo fan.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mobile madden or NHL would be great, sorry I want more games on my system that I actually really enjoy hardware wise.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Oh no whatever will people do without a sports series so dead it's being developed by EAs Z-team.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

Nothing like finding Money = Power when you have 80 coins.

:yeah:

Check this poo poo out

If you get hit with the Cancer trinket it reduces the fire rate by 2.

Level 99 Money = Power + machine gun tears = :laffo:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Healbot posted:

Oh no whatever will people do without a sports series so dead it's being developed by EAs Z-team.

Let my system collect dust between Nintendo releases?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

They essentially did both of these already with the Zelda collections on Gamecube and the Mario All-Stars collection on Wii.

Nintendo ain't above selling you three or four ROMs for $59.99.

I mean I know the All Stars collection was bunk but they didn't actually sell the Zelda collections. The OoT Master Quest disc was a preorder bonus for Windwaker and the 4 game collection was a bonus for one of three things, getting it free with a new console, getting it free with a subscription to Nintendo Power, or getting it for putting in I think four or so Club Nintendo codes that came with their games at the time.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Healbot posted:

Go buy a PS4 or Xbox one instead???

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Will Othello ever be released on the US eshop? Can text be set to English? Should I just buy it from the Japan shop?

Edit: Binding of Isaac looks ugly as gently caress, wow.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Like what are you idiots even arguing for? You only want Nintendo and indy games forever? For gently caress sakes all people said was it would be cool if some other games came out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Will Othello ever be released on the US eshop? Can text be set to English? Should I just buy it from the Japan shop?

Othello is out on the Australian eShop if you're desperate.

See how you like making an account for an overseas game :argh:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is Madden even a successful franchise anymore? It feels like it's been supplanted by other sportsball series. I'm

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Norns posted:

Like what are you idiots even arguing for? You only want Nintendo and indy games forever? For gently caress sakes all people said was it would be cool if some other games came out.

Thank you sir, please pull forward and pay at the second window

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Man I'd certainly want good games and not those terrible NHL games unless it's NHL'95.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also what kinda stupid argument is "you must be a hardcore Nintendo fan if you want to see other publisher games on the platform" :psyboom:

Do you apply this loving broken logic to everything in daily life?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blades of Steel remake, but it's like NBA Jam with fighting.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Norns posted:

Also what kinda stupid argument is "you must be a hardcore Nintendo fan if you want to see other publisher games on the platform" :psyboom:

Do you apply this loving broken logic to everything in daily life?

You could maybe try reading for once instead of gradually melting down.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The same people who don't want third party games and sports games are the same people excited about a Splatoon sequel, just saying.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Echophonic posted:

I'm already tired of going back and forth between Isaac and Zelda. I'm sure once I finish Zelda it won't be a problem, but for now it's just back and forth, opening cases, clicking the tiny little card in place. It's a dumb complaint, but I really liked being mostly digital on the WiiU and 3ds, so I'll probably be doing that again.

As an old, allow me to give you a panic attack.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Exactly. Zombi U and Super Mario Maker are the only AAA games that fully used both screens, and Zombi U has a PS4 port where the whole game pad function is just mapped to holding L1 then using the analog sticks.

In Mario Kart 8 the second screen was a horn for Christ's sake. In Mario U, Luigi U, and New 3D World it was just a map.

Mario Maker is literally the only Wii U title that wouldn't translate to the Switch because it's entirely touch pad based.

From a few pages back, but Splatoon and Tokyo Mirage Sessions also used fully used both screens, as Splatoon required it for instant jumping and certain special attacks, and TMS basically treated it as your MC's cell phone. Star Fox Zero also used both screens perfectly fine, but, you know, because it didn't play 100% like Star Fox 64, it was extremely bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The same people who don't want third party games and sports games are the same people excited about a Splatoon sequel, just saying.

Splatoon is good.

Sorry about your bad opinions.

• Locked thread