Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoB
May 1, 2009
I was pretty sure this would end with the Tekkadan dispersing into anonymity but with Orga and Mika (at a minimum) dying to let everyone escape. But with the Atra thing I can see Mika surviving and just Orga dying to let everyone escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Option B - they don't escape, but put up a noble enough last stand that Gaelio stops the slaughter (though not before a bunch of major and minor characters have died, and Tekkadan is comprehensively smashed). Mars comes under direct rule by Gjallarhorn, with Kudelia as a major political presence, and Tekkadan become a controversial part of its history, sometimes remembered as heroes, sometimes as villains (Imperial Japan allegory ending).

Option C - they pull a Dort with Nobliss's assistance, and the spectacle of Tekkadan's 'heroic' deaths broadcast across the solar system becomes the trigger for a new, bloody rebellion against an even weaker Gjallarhorn that he happily uses to line his pockets (Tomino ending).

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 14, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nobliss is in talks with Rustal in the preview pics so I doubt he's planning anything to do with that. He's probably trying to sell Kudelia off to get full stakes on the half metals or some poo poo like that

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 14, 2017

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
How many episodes are we looking at total? 52?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Probably 50. The first season was 25 and I'd expect them to make s2 the same length.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

3 episodes left. So 50 total

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Given Mika really doesnt have much of a life when he's not tethered to a large extremely noticeable death machine I'm somewhat skeptical of him surviving events.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Artum posted:

Given Mika really doesnt have much of a life when he's not tethered to a large extremely noticeable death machine I'm somewhat skeptical of him surviving events.

Mind you, Akihiro did explicitly present the counterargument to that one episode ago.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Artum posted:

I'm pretty sure he's gonna die, but I think I'd be satisfied if he died to protect Atra and their unborn child instead dying following Orga's orders.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Artum posted:

I mean if they wanted to go for the maximum tragedy angle he'd be the only survivor, with his body broken and nothing left to live for.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Vote for Mika being fully absorbed by Barbatos and it getting a twin cockpit with Atra and Kudelia both piloting it via Ein-style Pseudo-AV with Mika as the intermediary for season 3.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
And if they want a 'ray of hope' ending, they'll have him move away from the death-wish that's been plaguing him all season and let him start to find some meaning for himself as something other than a killing machine. A bunch of other Tekkadan folks are so going to die, though. My money's on Eugene for one of the more spectacular ones.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Mika surviving as a broken weapon that can no longer be used fits the show thematically, so yeah I think there is a good chance he survives.

Darth Walrus posted:

And if they want a 'ray of hope' ending, they'll have him move away from the death-wish that's been plaguing him all season and let him start to find some meaning for himself as something other than a killing machine. A bunch of other Tekkadan folks are so going to die, though. My money's on Eugene for one of the more spectacular ones.

Eugene is going to die doing something that was almost really cool.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Eugene is going to die doing something that was almost really cool.

I'd place bets on using the Isarugi or whatever their remaining ship is named as a shield protecting the re-entry shuttle, if that's going to happen.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zebulon posted:

I'd place bets on using the Isarugi or whatever their remaining ship is named as a shield protecting the re-entry shuttle, if that's going to happen.

They already lost their other ship.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

MonsterEnvy posted:

They already lost their other ship.

Zebulon posted:

I'd place bets on using the (Isarugi or whatever their remaining ship is named) as a shield protecting the re-entry shuttle, if that's going to happen.

The ship's name is Isaribi

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Argas posted:

The ship's name is Isaribi

It means shrimp!

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Droyer posted:

It means shrimp!

"What a delicious name!"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Droyer posted:

It means shrimp!

The best pastry IN SPACE!

What does Hotsurabi translate to, out of curiosity?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The best pastry IN SPACE!

What does Hotsurabi translate to, out of curiosity?

Isaribi means 'fishing boat', and I think Hotarubi means 'firefly'.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Isaribi means 'fishing boat', and I think Hotarubi means 'firefly'.

The 'bi' in both names is fire/light, so Hotarubi is specifically the light of fireflies, while Isaribi is light used by fishermen to lure fish.

Also, episode 23 aired and... :ohdear:
I'm sure Mikazuki's rampage next episode will be glorious

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Holy poo poo, Azee in a suit.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
The second there was that final bit of uplifting music and Orga talking about how it was gonna work and be great I knew it was coming but didn't stop it hurting. gently caress show stop stomping on my feelings

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Welp.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also it was totally McGillis who did that and set it up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also it was totally McGillis who did that and set it up.

No

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
is there any other gundam series where people die by getting gunned down by anonymous mooks in gangland style hits as much as this one?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nobliss did not know about them and had no way to make that attack unless he did. McGillis who allowed them to escape in the first place would know their location. After escaping he likely told Nobliss. Likely McGillis saw Orga as holding them back.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes, but.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

McGillis wouldn't have let Orga out just to be nice. it literally isn't in his worldview. If he did not set up the attack he made sure it was leaked enough that someone else would. The entire conversation with Mika amounted to "Do what I want." "No, Orga is my boss." followed by Orga telling McGillis he was out and McGillis going "Hey, sure, I got a plan, just being tsundere about it" and then offering Mika a place in his oganization? Nah, that's not a coincidence.

This show is hilarious about death episodes though. Every single time it is like the person goes around going "Hm, alright, how many death flags can I trip in 22 minutes?"

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 19, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, remember that Nobliss was trying to stage a bloody revolution to line his own pockets in Season One, and has just ensured that the eyes of the entire solar system will be watching Tekkadan's heroic deaths. His and McGillis's interests intersect a great deal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
gently caress.

Caros
May 14, 2008

So are you blood hungry monsters who complained about the low death count in season one satisfied now?

Because I'm not. :smithicide:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
No one actually says a death count is what makes a show good or bad. Othetwise victory would be the greatest show in history.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Caros posted:

So are you blood hungry monsters who complained about the low death count in season one satisfied now?

Because I'm not. :smithicide:

It would be nice if just one of Team ~Rustal-sama~ would snuff it for once.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

jackhunter64 posted:

If Iok isn't done....I swear

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jackhunter64 posted:

Rustal, at least, is being set up to get hosed over hard by one of the few players older and more treacherous than himself. It remains to be seen whether it'll kill him or just his career, though.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure Iok is immortal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I can not loving believe that McGillis stabbed Iok's cockpit, twice, and still failed to end that motherfucker. That man is more unkillable than the Immortal Patrick Colasour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
Was expecting a mobile worker the whole time they where walking to the car

• Locked thread