Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can not loving believe that McGillis stabbed Iok's cockpit, twice, and still failed to end that motherfucker. That man is more unkillable than the Immortal Patrick Colasour.

To be fair stabbing cockpit has a bad track record to begin with. Neither Ein nor Gailio went down from their stabs, or any of the Tekkadan or turbines crew who got drilled.

Clearly the best solution is mashing things into pulp with a giant mace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The King of Mars is dead, long live the King of Mars!

:smith:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Well that was a trigger I didn't think was gonna get pulled until the finale

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
WILL SOMEBODY JUST loving KILL IOK ALREADY gently caress

loving writers are gonna leave him alive just to piss me off.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nobliss did not know about them and had no way to make that attack unless he did. McGillis who allowed them to escape in the first place would know their location. After escaping he likely told Nobliss. Likely McGillis saw Orga as holding them back.

Told Nobliss how? McGillis had no way of contacting Gordon. "All communication lines have been cut" was covered multiple times in the episode. It's currently a main driver of the plot. Far more likely that Gordon had Admoss company offices watched just in case.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I knew a happy ending wouldn't exist for Orga but drat.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Told Nobliss how? McGillis had no way of contacting Gordon. "All communication lines have been cut" was covered multiple times in the episode. It's currently a main driver of the plot. Far more likely that Gordon had Admoss company offices watched just in case.

Rustal specifically mentioned that McGillis had broken out of their encirclement, and they wouldn't be pursuing because they knew he'd be coming for the Arianrhod leadership's heads, and they could just set a trap with that in mind instead. In other words, he ended his time in the episode in a position where he could start making phone-calls again.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I'm gonna laugh at you all when it turns out Zack was a sleeper agent this whole time and his big show about leaving was just him reporting back to his superiors

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Psycho Landlord posted:

I'm gonna laugh at you all when it turns out Zack was a sleeper agent this whole time and his big show about leaving was just him reporting back to his superiors

He never made it off the base, and was with a bunch of other guys quitting tekkadan since he was like "Hey just come work for my dad it won't be the greatest but its something.

Also if Iok does not die, Season 3 needs to happen so he loving can.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

paragon1 posted:

McGillis got out of the base and into the position were he could make phone calls.

I rewatched the episode with the ending in mind and looking at what McGillis was saying and doing makes me sure that he was responsible.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do find it interesting that Gaelio has now come down on one side of the conflict he's been struggling with all season, defining himself as the sort of simple destroyer that his old buddy is so fond of rather than something more. Seems like the time is ripe for Julietta to return his favour and save him as he did her.

I'm also pretty excited to see where McGillis's effort to get Mika to think independently gets him. The guy's been identifying as Orga's weapon for most of the show, with only abortive efforts to create more of an identity for himself, and we have no goddamned idea where he's going to head now he's forced to be his own person. McGillis is clearly betting on an unfettered destroyer, but the show is heavily indicating that there either is or could be more to him than that.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Huh, I wasn't under the impression he'd actually escaped. Oh well.

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

Caros posted:

So are you blood hungry monsters who complained about the low death count in season one satisfied now?

Because I'm not. :smithicide:

Not yet. This was good but I demand more.

jackhunter64 posted:

It would be nice if just one of Team ~Rustal-sama~ would snuff it for once.

The main problem with that is there's like four of them against Tekkadan's numberless horde of named characters, so the death of any one of Rustal's goons changes the power balance a lot. But we're now at the point where it makes sense for them to be dying and Rustal is getting sloppy, so I suspect their time will come. Taking it as read Rustal himself will be killed one way or another for being a huge bastard, the question to me is whether Iok or Gaelio survive to replace him. Gaelio has a date with McGillis that may well end in mutual death, but Julietta presumably still has something left to do. Iok has finished his arc as a character so I think that one could go either way.

Darth Walrus posted:

I do find it interesting that Gaelio has now come down on one side of the conflict he's been struggling with all season, defining himself as the sort of simple destroyer that his old buddy is so fond of rather than something more. Seems like the time is ripe for Julietta to return his favour and save him as he did her.

I'm also pretty excited to see where McGillis's effort to get Mika to think independently gets him. The guy's been identifying as Orga's weapon for most of the show, with only abortive efforts to create more of an identity for himself, and we have no goddamned idea where he's going to head now he's forced to be his own person. McGillis is clearly betting on an unfettered destroyer, but the show is heavily indicating that there either is or could be more to him than that.

Agreed on both of these. It is way late in the day for Mika to face this challenge but we all knew it would have to come eventually. I assume his motivations will be grounded by his connection to Atra and Kudelia, preventing him from fully losing himself in a suicidal battle for revenge.

I was getting angry that Nobllis did nothing all season so I'm glad he's still around and still a huge piece of poo poo.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I'm glad something good came of Jasley and his men getting killed. Looks like the women finally have a say-so of what happens to them in the organization.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
They paced that so well that it actually got me super hard and I'm loving crying over this anime robot show. The music builds and and builds and builds until it cuts to looking at Chad through the door and drops for a moment and I thought "Oh poo poo this is the hammer about to fall" but they let it come back and everyone gets outside so you think "Oh maybe I was wrong." and THEN they stab you in the heart.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

One thing to keep in mind is that Gaelio still has that 4-shot Dainsleif launcher in his spear that I don't recall him having used yet. Now this wouldn't be the first time a Gundam has ended up having weapons listed in a tech book that were never used, but I think in this case it'd be a bit odd if Gaelio never uses them even once.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I for one, am very happy about Azee and her promotion.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Lord Koth posted:

One thing to keep in mind is that Gaelio still has that 4-shot Dainsleif launcher in his spear that I don't recall him having used yet. Now this wouldn't be the first time a Gundam has ended up having weapons listed in a tech book that were never used, but I think in this case it'd be a bit odd if Gaelio never uses them even once.

Kimaris already had those two bomb things in season 1 it never used. It'd just be continuing the tradition at this point.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

W-well it looks like Orga's Shiden Custom is going to get some use next episode.

:smith:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They paced that so well that it actually got me super hard and I'm loving crying over this anime robot show. The music builds and and builds and builds until it cuts to looking at Chad through the door and drops for a moment and I thought "Oh poo poo this is the hammer about to fall" but they let it come back and everyone gets outside so you think "Oh maybe I was wrong." and THEN they stab you in the heart.

Yeah the whole time I was waiting for the shoe to drop, and then nothing happened. For a brief second I thought things were going to turn out fine but then the narration continued and you knew they were hosed.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Mika's going to kill everyone, isn't he?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zebulon posted:

I'm really 100% genuinely interested in this and wish it had happened earlier because there are 2 episodes to deal with the fallout from this and at least one is gonna be a ton of fighting. I really want to see Mika have to deal with the aftereffects.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
You know, I just thought about how perfect it would be if Julietta kills McGillis out of frustration at Gaelio's failure to follow his own advice to her, forcing him to find a purpose to his life outside of defeating his old friend.

It'd be the culmination of her arc of learning to fight as a human, doing what someone with the ultimate A-V system can't and taking down one of the best pilots in the solar system. It'd be a fantastic refutation of his belief that the highest form of humanity is a killing machine bereft of anything other than hatred for him to be killed by someone who doesn't have any particular grudge against him, but only wants her friend to move on. It'd be a great bit of irony for him to die at the hand of a young lowborn recruit like the many he sacrificed for his insane power-trip while claiming that he was acting in their interests. Finally, it'd be absolutely hilarious karma for him to be killed in order for his killer to free someone they admire from their obsession with him.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zebulon posted:

He's gonna dial the link up to 100%, murder everyone, and never be able to leave the Barbatos again.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
This is going to be Zeta levels of bummer, isn't it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bimmi posted:

This is going to be Zeta levels of bummer, isn't it.

I mean as it stands Mika just sent away his pregnant girlfriend and his not-pregnant girlfriend from a seeming inescapable situation and his best friend and the only guy he follows was gunned down in the street. If Mika survives it would be a goddamn miracle, let alone if he survives something besides irreparably crippled.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The emma death is still the worst because of how she died. Although Jerid's death being Kamille going "Huh? Who was that? Oh well" is pretty good

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I'm still calling bets on Mika being absorbed fully into Barbatos and it ending up a two-seater with both Atra and Kudelia piloting it together Vidar/Kimaris Vidar style.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He's gonna dial the link up to 100%, murder everyone, and never be able to leave the Barbatos again.

This seems inevitable one way or another, though. Mika has been clever enough to see through McGillis at pretty much every opportunity, it's not going to take him long at all to figure out what happened and murder the ever loving gently caress out of anything and anyone who gets between him and killing McGillis at a bare minimum, probably Rustal as well just on principle at this point. This leaves Gaelio to unfuck Gjallerhorn and god willing put a bullet in Iok if he somehow survives. This is assuming we don't somehow get a season 3 surprise announcement at the end of ep 50 the same way we got season 2 announced at the end of ep 25.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Iok wasn't actually a complete dumbass this episode. The entire point of the standoff was to force Tekkadan/McGillis to attack first on camera, which he did. It was pretty loving stupid that he almost killed himself to do it, but he fulfilled the letter and the spirit of his orders without doing something retarded.

Zebulon posted:

This seems inevitable one way or another, though. Mika has been clever enough to see through McGillis at pretty much every opportunity, it's not going to take him long at all to figure out what happened and murder the ever loving gently caress out of anything and anyone who gets between him and killing McGillis at a bare minimum, probably Rustal as well just on principle at this point. This leaves Gaelio to unfuck Gjallerhorn and god willing put a bullet in Iok if he somehow survives. This is assuming we don't somehow get a season 3 surprise announcement at the end of ep 50 the same way we got season 2 announced at the end of ep 25.

I don't see any real impetus for Gaelio to be a driving force of change at all. Gaelio's entire approach this season was to wait and see how and why McGillis was doing what he was doing. Once Gaelio found the answers to those questions, he pretty much converted himself into a singleminded murderbot whose only purpose is to killing McGillis to prove a point to himself. He hasn't shown any interest in fixing the hosed system in the slightest or indeed any interest in anything beyond his personal vendetta. The only characters who have any interest in the long term political game anymore are Kudelia, McGillis, and Rustal, and Kudelia is so powerless at the moment that she might as well be sidelined.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Iok wasn't actually a complete dumbass this episode. The entire point of the standoff was to force Tekkadan/McGillis to attack first on camera, which he did. It was pretty loving stupid that he almost killed himself to do it, but he fulfilled the letter and the spirit of his orders without doing something retarded..

Based off what Iok said I'm pretty sure he would have considered dying a feature, not a bug.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Kanos posted:

Iok wasn't actually a complete dumbass this episode. The entire point of the standoff was to force Tekkadan/McGillis to attack first on camera, which he did. It was pretty loving stupid that he almost killed himself to do it, but he fulfilled the letter and the spirit of his orders without doing something retarded.

I don't see any real impetus for Gaelio to be a driving force of change at all. Gaelio's entire approach this season was to wait and see how and why McGillis was doing what he was doing. Once Gaelio found the answers to those questions, he pretty much converted himself into a singleminded murderbot whose only purpose is to killing McGillis to prove a point to himself. He hasn't shown any interest in fixing the hosed system in the slightest or indeed any interest in anything beyond his personal vendetta. The only characters who have any interest in the long term political game anymore are Kudelia, McGillis, and Rustal, and Kudelia is so powerless at the moment that she might as well be sidelined.

You even have to give him a little bit of credit for being the one to do it himself. Because if it were Rustal that would absolutely be a 'the pawns go first' moment. It is still arrogant, wrongheaded and stupid, but at least its not actively getting people killed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

everydayfalls posted:

Was expecting a mobile worker the whole time they where walking to the car

I was expecting a a car bomb, with the backblast killing everyone in that corridor, but this was close enough.

Also, there's zero reason to think McGillis did this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lemon-Lime posted:

No there is a ton of reason to think he was involved.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

I was expecting a a car bomb, with the backblast killing everyone in that corridor, but this was close enough.

So, just to be clear here:

You think McGillis, the guy who literally believes that power defines you, who depended on Tekkadan and who basically worships Mika, who Orga went to and said "I'm out and I'm taking my guys with me", who went to Mika and had conversations about how Mika should do what he wanted and who got the response "I do what Orga tells me", who tried to poach Mika for his organization, the guy who also was literally the only person outside of Tekkadan themselves who knew Orga was leaving...

That guy had absolutely no interaction at all with the sudden out-of-left-field assassination of Orga and it's ridiculous to think so?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

So, just to be clear here:

You think McGillis, the guy who literally believes that power defines you, who depended on Tekkadan and who basically worships Mika, who Orga went to and said "I'm out and I'm taking my guys with me", who went to Mika and had conversations about how Mika should do what he wanted and who got the response "I do what Orga tells me", who tried to poach Mika for his organization, the guy who also was literally the only person outside of Tekkadan themselves who knew Orga was leaving...

That guy had absolutely no interaction at all with the sudden out-of-left-field assassination of Orga and it's ridiculous to think so?

Lets also not forget him saying that Orga leaving helps his objectives as well.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Had Orga ever fired a gun before in the show?

I don't remember ever seeing him do so.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

He used a mobile worker in battle during the first episode.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

IIRC No, that's why he went "Wow, I'm actually a pretty good shot" when he did it. He's piloted mobile workers but Mika has always been his gun hand.

I could be misremembering but I don't think I am, they made a big deal out of him using Mika to do it and he didn't carry a gun himself.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lemon-Lime posted:

There's no one else who fits the bill better. First, you have the incredibly pointed conversations between McGillis and Orga and McGillis and Mika. Orga is clearly deviating from what McGillis wants him to do, and when McGillis tries to bypass him and poach Mika, Mika's response is a very clear "I only follow orders from Orga". It was a very clear message that Orga is now in the way of McGillis's plans. McGillis then offers Orga a very convenient but risky out while enigmatically talking about how Orga going to Chryse would serve his plans as well. Only Tekkadan and McGillis knew that Orga and his team would be sneaking out of the base. Orga's death would serve multiple purposes for McGillis if he could pull it off without being implicated; it would leave Tekkadan leaderless during a time of desperation which historically means they listen to the loudest voice in the room which is likely to be McGillis, and it would theoretically free up Mika from his personal loyalty/obligation to Orga and allow McGillis to attempt to manipulate him. The worst possible outcome is that Tekkadan finds out and they try to murder McGillis in revenge, but at this point McGillis is so completely hosed that even a tiny opportunity is better than none at all.

The only other faction who would be interested in doing this would be Gjallarhorn, and the explicit reason that Gjallarhorn is trying to destroy Tekkadan is for a visible propaganda coup. If they knew Orga was vulnerable like that they would have sent in an infantry platoon and either captured him for a treason trial by kangaroo court or killed him while resisting arrest, not sent an anonymous group of guys in suits to gun him down gangland style and then run away while leaving all of the other Tekkadan members present alive and free to escape.

Shinjobi posted:

No, he explicitly never did so and left it to Mika. That's why he commented on being surprised he was a good shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Lemon-Lime posted:

You know I get really mad at how little TV and Anime thinks the viewer is paying attention and how they treat the viewer like complete idiot and have characters just repeat the same plot point multiple times or just explain poo poo in long winded plain monologues, but sometimes maybe they're right to do that.

• Locked thread