Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

ed balls posted:

*nixon shaking his jowls*

Truuumph!

:nixon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

and i must meme posted:

how do the chinese rationalise having horrible worker's rights and also being communists, anyway?

from each according to his means, to each according to his needs, comrade. now climb inside this printing press, its your turn to be the newspaper

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Chokes McGee posted:

No no no no NO. Stop it. Stop giving people excuses.

Hideous racists are the Republican base. They knew what Trump was and voted for him, once in the primaries and again in the general. There is no mysterious cache of sane but desperate Republicans in the nation. They are all terrible people

argh

In many cases, it's both.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lmao at Trump nearing 35%

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mo_Steel posted:

more fake news polling :jerkbag: everything is great pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

americans are the undisputed masters of buyer's remorse

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Third World Reggin posted:

imagine samurai jack got PTSD

Old Man Samurai Jack

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Schnorkles posted:

i think trump actually understands this re: the AHCA at some level, but he's obsessed with taxes [for obvious reasons] and knows that he needs the "win." The entire party is caught in a really bad place and its basically just dog catches car and then car blows up

One could argue they could choose to not be hilariously corrupt ideological psychotics who prefer hurting their own people over letting a black man accomplish anything positive

Their bad place is because they are bad people and some measure of Karma exists in the universe. Sadly the average American is collateral in the backlash that's coming

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

the decadent bear "winnie", who gorges himself on the sweat and tears of the maoist bees,

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Grondoth posted:

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Power rangers

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its real easy to oppose something philosophically when you dont believe in yr heart that yr opposition will threaten it

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
For many, Republican and Christian are synonyms. Regardless of what the people actually do, they aren't godless Democrats. You can get locked into any line of thinking once that connection is made. The reason the GOP still exists is because they claimed a monopoly on God.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think I have PTSD...

Post-Trump's Shameful Disaster

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Idiot Kicker posted:

For many, Republican and Christian are synonyms. Regardless of what the people actually do, they aren't godless Democrats. You can get locked into any line of thinking once that connection is made. The reason the GOP still exists is because they claimed a monopoly on God.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

punchymcpunch posted:

is new samurai jack good? i liked old samurai jack back in the day

It's really good actually, def worth a watch

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
These massive shifts in opinion fascinate me. All it takes is for a candidate to start saying things and a significant percentage of their party will make a complete reversal on their opinions.

The Bully Pulpit

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I'd be willing to bet that change actually happened entirely within the short lifetime of this dumbass administration

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

fits my needs posted:

is samurai jack anime

Yarr

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
my apartment's getting renovated and they've replaced the shower head and bathroom sink faucet with low-flow versions and, well, this is some liberal bullshit and i don't understand why it's still happening in donald trump's america

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the low-flow toilet is cool tho it's got an impressive woosh and the poop disappears at lightspeed

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

deadgoon posted:

the low-flow toilet is cool tho it's got an impressive woosh and the poop disappears at lightspeed

Can confirm that low flow toliets are good and cool.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Lol, Obama's worst ever approval rating was 38%. In just two months, Trump has managed to get a lower approval rating than Obama ever got in eight years.

I wonder if the terror is setting in on him yet. If he's realising that his ultimate wet dream of being president to show all those people who ever doubted him is going to actually prove all the people who ever doubted him exactly right and he'll be remembered forever as the loser his daddy always told him he was.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

trump got elected by flouting republican party orthodoxy.

embracing it [even if its becoming really clear that the GOP knows that it has to keep the fundamental entitlement in Obamacare] is just political suicide on so many levels.

good thing nothing matters i guess

I think the biggest flaw is Trump himself: he's a complete rear end in a top hat with nothing good about him, and now he's taking a giant poo poo on the GOP with this healthcare bill that he wants passed only so he can tout a 'win.' So not only does the GOP leader has no idea how to lead or even behave himself, nobody in the GOP is going near him to even try to save the situation. Two months in and everything has fallen apart to such an extent that it can only keep going down.

I'm guessing the Russian investigation picks up steam once someone in the GOP figures they might as well ditch the Trumpian deadwood. Ironically, the best thing for the GOP right now would be if Trump died via natural causes...and even that doesn't mean that Pence would be any better. They spited Clinton just to kill their own party.

Schnorkles posted:

there's whiplash here. most of these people voted trump because he came to their communities and said "I'm going to take care of you, we're going to make sure you're taken care of. I won't cut medicare. I won't cut medicaid" and then his first bill pretty blatantly does cut medicaid and screws these people. then he reveals a budget that wants to cut even more services that they rely on.

I don't blame them for taking a couple weeks to figure out that they're being lied to, but i think its becoming pretty clear that he's pissing off his own voters something serious.

which is not a good idea.

Real question is: is there any way of reversing it? Trump could get an easy win if he gave everybody Universal Health Care, but no Republican is going to go for it. It's like a lovely marriage where one can't leave because they're jobless and broke and the other is monstrously ugly and smelly and will never find anybody else because they don't wipe.

Schnorkles posted:

-21 2 months in in Gallup jfc :psyduck:

Ironically, this was one thing where a lot of disappointed Republican voters were correct right after the election: Trump really needed to reach out to people and bring the country together. His failure to do so combined with his insistence on grabbing the spotlight and then pissing off China right off the bat doomed him. In a way, the GOP has the problem the Democrats did: the polarization means that nobody is going to go over to the GOP at all (their backing of bigots and Nazis really solidifies that) and now their own diehard base is having trouble because Trump is attacking them directly. Trump is hosed. Only thing right now is seeing how long this pathetic charade can continue.

Lawman 0 posted:

China is going to walk all over us hahahaha for 4 years because these dudes are retarded and gutted the state department.

Even if Pence took over, I think all of those State Department people who have been there for years will never come back. It's a really sad loss and I imagine the country will be poorer for it. Bright side: all of these rich people in positions of power now are showing how incompetent they are, and how much of their fortunes were built on luck. None of them know what the gently caress they're doing. Good job blowing up the idea of meritocracy, you shitlords.

Chokes McGee posted:

No no no no NO. Stop it. Stop giving people excuses.

Hideous racists are the Republican base. They knew what Trump was and voted for him, once in the primaries and again in the general. There is no mysterious cache of sane but desperate Republicans in the nation. They are all terrible people

argh

Sane Republicans are now known as 'Democrats.' Let's be honest. If you stuck around in the GOP during Obama, you're either lucky, entrenched, or a total Kool-Aid drinker. Much like the State Department, the GOP was gutted and replaced with Teabaggers who know nothing but anybody Democratic is Satan.

It's the 'Get Mine' in the 'gently caress You.' The GOP knows what they like: welfare for me, not for thee.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lawman 0 posted:

Can confirm that low flow toliets are good and cool.

They can't handle my dooks

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

wow :same:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

pathetic little tramp posted:

Lol, Obama's worst ever approval rating was 38%. In just two months, Trump has managed to get a lower approval rating than Obama ever got in eight years.

I wonder if the terror is setting in on him yet. If he's realising that his ultimate wet dream of being president to show all those people who ever doubted him is going to actually prove all the people who ever doubted him exactly right and he'll be remembered forever as the loser his daddy always told him he was.

in a shocking turn of events, being elected POTUS doesn't override decades of being the gaudy laughingstock of the business world and a favorite target of comedians

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Hodgepodge posted:

In many cases, it's both.

it's kind of easier to think of trump support, at least for the kind of person who doesn't just vote R as a matter of course, as a kind of nihilism. they know deep down that trump isn't really going to make their lives better, but he'll piss of the 'liberal elites' that they think have wronged them. the same with brexit.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

It'll be funnier once it dips below 27%, which is where Dubya eventually ended up in 2007-8. Donald Trump, within a year, becoming the worst president of all time. And it'll probably happen if he continues pressing Trumpcare due to his bizarre need for a 'win.' That, and basically being an ugly, wig-wearing megalomaniac who despite his riches basically lives like a poverty-ridden retiree in public housing.

Trump still has further to fall and I imagine he will. All of this may just be the honeymoon period BOOSTING his ratings by giving him a benefit of the doubt he really doesn't deserve.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

"i'm tired of being a joke and want to be taken seriously - I know, I'll run for the most heavily scrutinized position in existence" - a moron

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I would probably volunteer in a heartbeat for a Dem who had the balls to say "your daddy never loved you" to Trump's face.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shugojin posted:

in a shocking turn of events, being elected POTUS doesn't override decades of being the gaudy laughingstock of the business world and a favorite target of comedians

I always think about that clip of omarosa saying that all of trumps haters will have to bow down to him, and while at first I was like "that's some dictator bullshit" now all I can think is that she can't remember everyone in the us calling w a total retard 24/7

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every time he starts to come close to realizing any of this, he rushes off to Mar-a-lago for a long weekend and the working remnant of his brain resets, starting the process over again.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Shugojin posted:

"i'm tired of being a joke and want to be taken seriously - I know, I'll run for the most heavily scrutinized position in existence" - a moron

The punchline is that a guy like this was elected to that office in the first place

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Every time he starts to come close to realizing any of this, he rushes off to Mar-a-lago for a long weekend and the working remnant of his brain resets, starting the process over again.

Mar-a-lago is his safe space to hide from Fake news

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

I would probably volunteer in a heartbeat for a Dem who had the balls to say "your daddy never loved you" to Trump's face.

The 2020 Debates will be cut short each time when the Democratic Contender reduces Trump to tears.

First Debate: "You're low energy." "Is that what your daughter said when you raped her, you wig-wearing piece of poo poo?"

Second Debate: "You're a real piece of work." "Shut up, grandpa, and let a real man who doesn't wear diapers run this country. No wonder your dad thought you were a fruity little queer."

Final Debate: "I should go over and punch you in the mouth." "Try it, fatty, haul that 500 pounds of bulk this way. Also, haul it to a shower, you smell like a season of Hoarders cramed into a Men's Wearhouse discount rack."

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

triple sulk posted:

Lmao at Trump nearing 35%

still winning reelection

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Shugojin posted:

There was a Howard Stone interview a while back where they were asking about Trump during the campaign. Stern said he told Trump not to go through with this because Trump wants to be liked and part of being president is being hated and made fun of non stop, and that if Trump won he'd just be miserable 24/7.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think anyone who has ever complained about low flow toilets has never experienced the true horror of things like waterless urinals

it could be much worse, people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The 2020 Debates will be cut short each time when the Democratic Contender reduces Trump to tears.

First Debate: "You're low energy." "Is that what your daughter said when you raped her, you wig-wearing piece of poo poo?"

Second Debate: "You're a real piece of work." "Shut up, grandpa, and let a real man who doesn't wear diapers run this country. No wonder your dad thought you were a fruity little queer."

Final Debate: "I should go over and punch you in the mouth." "Try it, fatty, haul that 500 pounds of bulk this way. Also, haul it to a shower, you smell like a season of Hoarders cramed into a Men's Wearhouse discount rack."

:bisonyes:

• Locked thread