Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Welp, my mistake. Legit thought deep dish didn't use yeast :shrug:

I just like my pizza dough 'cause it takes only 20 minutes from start to finish to get a crust.

Edit: New page. Here, have some pizza minus 90% of the toppings.

don longjohns has a new favorite as of 00:13 on Mar 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

failing forward posted:

Welp, my mistake. Legit thought deep dish didn't use yeast :shrug:

I just like my pizza dough 'cause it takes only 20 minutes from start to finish to get a crust.

Edit: New page. Here, have some pizza minus 90% of the toppings.

ohman mellllllty cheese.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

steinrokkan posted:

An idiot who thinks he can lifehack yeast out of a very basic recipe.

E: Finally people are beginning to see obvious reason behind the pizza rules party.

No pizza rules yesterday, no pizza rules today, no pizza rules forever. :colbert:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Please pizza rules?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

failing forward posted:

In the interest of not starting a really boring derail of me arguing with someone about pizza dough, have this sad paleo deconstructed avocado and tuna "salad"

Edit: vvv nope

Accidentally recreating sang choi bao, but terrible.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_oiw207gXHc1ttrxmx.mp4#_=_

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

failing forward posted:

I think your pizza crust sounds interesting and I'm curious. We don't need pizza rules. We are pizzanarchists.

I'm really hungover today and reminded of the time that my Russian college boyfriend told me to drink pickle juice when I had a hangover. All it did was make my vomit smell and taste like pickles.

Anyways pictures:

IF ONLY THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED

omg crying

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Anyways pictures:

omg crying

That's just unfinished sous vide. Like, literally a progress picture after pulling it out of the bag.

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Please pizza rules?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Sad tacos made out of Indian leftovers and grated cheese

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Wasabi the J posted:

That's just unfinished sous vide. Like, literally a progress picture after pulling it out of the bag.

Then...why is it garnished? :iiam:

edit: what a pity it is not illegal nerds to be the new thread title.

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:stonk: OH GOD NO!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Then...why is it garnished? :iiam:

edit: what a pity it is not illegal nerds to be the new thread title.

It's not garnished, they sealed sprigs of whole herbs in with the meat for flavor.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

why

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

WE NEED RULES! RULES! NOW!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZLJpMOxS4

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It's not garnished, they sealed sprigs of whole herbs in with the meat for flavor.

Oh. That makes sense. It looked fresh so I thought it was just a garnish. :downs: I have never sous-vided. I thought it was a weird pressed meat slab because of the little lines!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Greek hamburgers?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

When we said we wanted plates we wanted the whole loving thing

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Oh. That makes sense. It looked fresh so I thought it was just a garnish. :downs: I have never sous-vided. I thought it was a weird pressed meat slab because of the little lines!

The lines are from the vacum bags. Food Saver style vacum machines use bags with a grid pattern of tiny ridges to make the air extraction more eficcient.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuckin'

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Hypha posted:

WE NEED RULES! RULES! NOW!

Agreed. This:

...Is where we need to draw the line.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I feel like I must be missing something here. Is it just because it's hummus?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

You know that there is a Orange Creamsicle hummus is on top of the snickerdoodle flavor because a person picked it up, looked at it, then decided to buy 3 tubs of brownie batter hummus instead.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Legit can be used to recruit people into ISIS.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I know chili chat was a few pages ago, but-

No I didn't get it, because I don't want to eat poo poo chili in any circumstance, on pizza or not.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I blame "healthy eating" bloggers for starting the "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus" fad. Now see where it's gotten us?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's not like chickpeas on their own are so overwhelming they couldn't be made into a dessert. It's unnecessary, but likely fine.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Yeah I mean dessert hummus sounds kind of weird and unnecessary but as long as those things taste like the flavors they claim to, they are probably pretty good in moderation.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Ralph Crammed In posted:

No I didn't get it, because I don't want to eat poo poo chili in any circumstance, on pizza or not.

I've had one of these.

Inedible, artificial-spicy. Lidls weekly special foodstuffs could have their own thread of awfulness.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah I mean dessert hummus sounds kind of weird and unnecessary but as long as those things taste like the flavors they claim to, they are probably pretty good in moderation.

I think I wouldn't mind if it was simply a "Flavor spread" like nutella or something similar.

It's the tahini and chickpeas that get me.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Is not like sweet beans are unheard of, I love anko. I'd try this dessert "hummus".

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

spudsbuckley posted:

Lidls weekly special foodstuffs could have their own thread of awfulness.

Lidl's rotating stock is one of the purest forms of joy in my life, but I don't lead a very interesting life. I love doing my weekly shopping and seeing what new stuff they got. Sometimes it's great, I can get maple syrup or retsina on the cheap and sometimes it's corn and beans on bread. I like it when it's American week so I can judge them for their misrepresentation of my homeland.

What's more American than hot dogs in a jar? Or tiny pancakes? (Seriously though, that's a great deal on maple syrup, my other grocery store sells it for more than double).
GIS for Lidl (nationality of your choice) week for some hot takes on what it is foreigners eat.

What country are you in? I'm in the Netherlands and our Lidl's (and grocery stores in general) are so tiny compared to the wondrous ones in Germany or France. We get only a small fraction of what the Germans or the French get, stock wise.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm in Germany and I'd hardly call our Lidls wonderous. They are pretty cramped and aren't much different from Aldi. If you want quality stuff and not just the cheapest of the cheap I have to go to Rewe (the center ones, not the city versions).

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That looks like terrible maple syrup.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

angerbeet posted:

That looks like terrible maple syrup.
Serious question, how do you even tell? Is it inborn as a canadian?

I'm entirely broken after a childhood of eating the fake stuff so while I am all about maple syrup going into various cooked foods, if I'm to put syrup on breakfast food I sort of want the fake stuff. Real maple syrup is complicated in a way that doesn't benefit my disks of flour and sugar. Best to just add more sugar that met a bit of fenugreek once.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I feel like stonebaked doesn't describe the pizza itself, but the target consumer

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cane syrup is the superior syrup, anyway. A family member bottles some every year, so I always buy a few bottles off of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

zedprime posted:

Serious question, how do you even tell? Is it inborn as a canadian?
It's the color. That's some weak-rear end looking maple syrup.

Zipperelli. posted:

Agreed. This:

...Is where we need to draw the line.
I'm not delighted by this at all.