Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the same reason he didn't go all out against [insert everyone goku has ever fought] right away

he wanted a better fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the only guy he ever held back on in z was ginyu.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

the only guy he ever held back on in z was ginyu.

Looks at Majin Vegeta

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hell, you can go all the way to the beginning with nappa as well

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Or Krillin in the 22nd tournament, or Tien in the 23rd

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The bigger question is why Toppo was at all surprised when he pulled out Blue. Was he not watching the last fight at all?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Momomo posted:

The bigger question is why Toppo was at all surprised when he pulled out Blue. Was he not watching the last fight at all?

maybe he didn''t expect it to be that strong

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Aurora posted:

Looks at Majin Vegeta
I walked home from middle school prom and downloaded RealPlayer clips of Majin Vegeta vs. Goku over a 56k modem.

No regrets.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Jedah posted:

I walked home from middle school prom and downloaded RealPlayer clips of Majin Vegeta vs. Goku over a 56k modem.

No regrets.
Don't forget playing the terrible DBZ Gameboy Advance games on the bus.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Momomo posted:

Probably the difference in power. Went from being utterly defenseless to edging him out. Also, they may not be able to sense one another's strength, given U7 can't sense U9.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku very rarely goes all out. Even when he uses his highest level form that doesn't mean he's going all-in on it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

Probably the difference in power. Went from being utterly defenseless to edging him out. Also, they may not be able to sense one another's strength, given U7 can't sense U9.

you can't sense god ki if you don't have it either iirc

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Only the first one is bad

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

were those the rpgs

I traded a harvest moon game for the second one in middle school and I liked it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

Looks at Majin Vegeta

we both know exactly why thats an exception

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

PMush Perfect posted:

:hfive:

Also making lovely angelfire webpages and spamming them full of GIFs like this:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

we both know exactly why thats an exception

It's not an exception though. Goku doesn't go Kaiokenx10 against every single person he fights prior to SS, is out of commission for 90% of the time after he gets get SS, and doesn't instantly jump to SS2/3 after he gets those. He very rarely goes crazy all-out on people.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

this is a stupid question and i figure the answer's really stupid too: how many times kaioken would goku need to go in base form to reach the same strength level as ssj blue?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

this is a stupid question and i figure the answer's really stupid too: how many times kaioken would goku need to go in base form to reach the same strength level as ssj blue?

Considering that Super Saiyan is apparently like x50 or x100 the answer is "so high Goku's body instantly explodes."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

No clue.

If lore is correct, he'd only have to go X50 to reach SSJ.

So likely something in the X1000 range. The problem is that it'd kill him on the spot. X20 was the highest he could go and that was only for A Kamehameha

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is that still true? ssb made him stronger in base form, so he'd probably be able to go past x20 now yea?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

is that still true? ssb made him stronger in base form, so he'd probably be able to go past x20 now yea?

If he can, he's holding back still.

We know for a fact he's still holding back- highest he's gone is SSJB Kaioken X 10 against Hit. With Zams and the Puppers he only went normal KaioKen and it looked like he was doing the same against Toppo

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Aurora posted:

Only the first one is bad

I wasn't a fan of the other Legacy of Goku games either, but either way, the GBA also had Supersonic Warriors (definitely good) and Taiketsu which is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CNf7YxLqA

Kelp Plankton posted:

That edges dangerously close to power levels for my taste. It's also impossible to say since we never got a multiplier for Super Saiyan Blue and we don't know how things work with Goku and Vegeta as Saiyans Beyond God. Ignoring that last aspect, though, and taking games as canon, we can assume that it'd have to be higher than x500, because...

1) Dragon Ball Z: Scouter Battle Taikan Kamehameha puts Super Saiyan 4 as ten times stronger than the regular Super Saiyan (based, most likely, on Goku's x10 Kamehameha) which itself is a x50 on the base form.
2) Every videogame that has both Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan Blue (Extreme Butoden, Xenoverse, Fusions) puts the latter as stronger than the former.

Thus, we can assume that a Kaio-ken x500 would still not be enough for Goku to reach Blue levels since it would be "only" as strong as Super Saiyan 4, but we have no idea what the actual multiplier would be for Blue if power levels mattered. Which they don't.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wish they made a sequel to Supersonic Warriors 2.

And Attack of the Saiyans for that matter.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wish they made a sequel to Supersonic Warriors 2.

And Attack of the Saiyans for that matter.

We did get Supersonic Warriors 3. It's called Extreme Butoden, and from all I've seen and heard, it's terrible.

It was then turned into a One Piece game that looks even worse.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

There's actually a DS RPG that's sort of like how Attack of the Saiyans was, it looked neat.

Black_Oni 165
Mar 11, 2015
JUST FYI, according to official info

SSJ1 = 50x base power
SSJ2 = 2x SSJ1, or 100x base power
SSJ3 = 4x SSJ2, or 8x SSJ1, or 400x base power

To my knowledge, there are no actual figures given for SSJ4, or for either of the saiyan God forms (red and blue).

One could maybe rationalise SSJ4 as 10X (due to naming of Kamehameha) multiplier on SSJ1 which would make it 500x base, and not a big boost over SSJ3 (25% boost) or as 10x on SSJ3, which would make it 4000x base...

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dragon Ball Math kids learning game when

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
SSj1 doesn't really feel like its really a 50X multiplier any more.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rutibex posted:

SSj1 doesn't really feel like its really a 50X multiplier any more.
:spergin: Powerlevel talk :spergin: aside, making SSJ1 x50 right of the bat is probably something they wouldn't have done in retrospect. It's a hilariously large jump from Base to 1 considering the later stuff. Even x10 would have been fine storywise and make later :spergin: powerlevels :spergin: less extreme.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

We did get Supersonic Warriors 3. It's called Extreme Butoden, and from all I've seen and heard, it's terrible.

It was then turned into a One Piece game that looks even worse.

Extreme Burden was actually good and made by the same people that made Guilty Gear. Problem is they couldn't add more characters. The ones they did get to add were great.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Shibby0709 posted:

Am I the only one who thinks that Goku knows something that the audience doesn't know? I think his blasé attitude about the death and destruction of trillions may be because his good friend(s) Zeno let him in on a little secret or two.

Gohan's enjoyment of the situation is because he's evil.

I don't think he's been given any secret information we haven't, but I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that Zeno is just playing, and Goku is the only one childish enough to realize it and play along.

I also wouldn't be too surprised if this whole thing was played straight.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

These are some sick mental gymnastics about the dude who literally already destroyed one universe

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zedd posted:

:spergin: Powerlevel talk :spergin: aside, making SSJ1 x50 right of the bat is probably something they wouldn't have done in retrospect. It's a hilariously large jump from Base to 1 considering the later stuff. Even x10 would have been fine storywise and make later :spergin: powerlevels :spergin: less extreme.

x10 would've been an issue because Goku already reached that with Kaio-ken. It had to forcefully be above x20, the highest Kaio-ken Goku used.

The numbers don't matter anyways, everyone's as strong as a particular scene needs them to be.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's weird because Kaioken is already a multiplier so saying it's x20 his base doesn't really make sense either

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Aurora posted:

These are some sick mental gymnastics about the dude who literally already destroyed one universe

Yeah, has everyone forgotten that Future Trunks' universe literally doesn't exist anymore?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it exists in my heart

rip that cat

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if Goku convinced Zeno to spare the universes because otherwise there wouldn't be as many cool fights.

Basically if there is anyone Goku understands, it is a literal child.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
this is as best as i have figured it out, but dragonball z and super do an astonishingly poor job of explaining anything ever:

assume there is a unit that can be measured in some sense as "strength" or is otherwise power level

ki is not power level (either regular or god) but contributes towards it or constitutes it

regular ki CAN compete with god ki. but regular ki is of a much lower "quality" so to do so, you'll need a TON more of it. over a given length of time its reasonable to assume that one can achieve this but i think its a big part of why all the guys that are competing w/ god form goku and vegeta now also happen to be either gods or ludicrous amounts of years old (hit, im assuming toppo). i assume we'll also get ultra-prodigys soon which we haven't really had too much of (cabba, jeran will like be one)

ssj forms are quickshot drugs that burn through regular ki quickly. regular ssj is fairly mastered for both goku and vegeta and isn't terribly draining on them, but we know ssj3 at least never gets close to being mastered and is essentially a terrible form. the drug boosts them up fast but by the first punches thrown they're already fairly worn out.

the reason whis focuses on them training in their base form as opposed to higher and higher SSJ forms is cuz he recognizes this and that getting more power level in this form, to be augmented by god ki utilization, is far more beneficial. in thsi sense SSJ/2/3 are not precursors to SSJB but on a completely different tree. so when goku and vegeta eventually learn this form they retain a lot of that quality in their base - the SSJ forms are essentially for them loving around at this point.

there is also the point made that blue is a similar "drug" but at least its way better than the gold ones, because the level of control is way loving better and from what i can tell the quality of ki is better.

so all of this is to say that a few units of god ki are worth a TON of regular ki when it comes to power level. SSJ only augments regular so it's fairly pointless and there are downsides that are acknowledged. god ki is far better.

this is also why, i think, some gods are fairly strong despite never being shown to train. we know shin is like, SSJ level but have never seen him once training. his tiny bit of god ki is important in this sense. and zamasu, who did train a little bit, god really drat strong! but he never really fought any battles (which we know are worth a ton more than training alone) so he was fairly stunted despite having ages to get there. if he trained like gok and vegeta he'd probably be insane by that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Yeah, I figure the typical Super Sayian forms are one tree using regular ki, and the God forms are another tree using god Ki. Then you bring in something like Trunks' Super Saiyan Rage which was on his normal Super Saiyan tree but with added God Ki so he's way stronger. Or something.

• Locked thread