Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
If you mostly follow other people's builds there's not much reason not to play this league since it's got a fun and unique gimmick and it's way easier to gear up in than any previous league.

I'm personally sitting it out because I like building my own special snowflake goblin slayers, and 3.0 is supposed to involve a bunch of major mechanical changes. I don't want to burn out building characters this league that are likely to not work in the upcoming one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Chucullinn posted:

Was there a guild purge recently? I was busy in work last week and when I logged in this weekend I was out of the guild. Can I get a re-invite?

IGN: Chucullinn

There was one spot. I tried to invite you, but you had me blocked.

Firos posted:

Can I get a guild invite on Firos?

Invite sent.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheRat posted:

lol

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
So the build I'm following this league feels pretty strong. I've had a couple issues with Uber Izaro, but he's doable. I've been farming Atziri for the first time ever, had three catalysts drop that have been making me decent chaos. On my last run, I had a Mortal Hope drop as well as a Doryani's.

I understand Uber Atziri is somewhat of a gear check - what sort of stats do I need to make her doable? Trying to figure out if I'd be better off taking the 40c for the fragment, or if I should give it a shot.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Dramatika posted:

So the build I'm following this league feels pretty strong. I've had a couple issues with Uber Izaro, but he's doable. I've been farming Atziri for the first time ever, had three catalysts drop that have been making me decent chaos. On my last run, I had a Mortal Hope drop as well as a Doryani's.

I understand Uber Atziri is somewhat of a gear check - what sort of stats do I need to make her doable? Trying to figure out if I'd be better off taking the 40c for the fragment, or if I should give it a shot.

If you can do at least the guardian fights you shouldn't have any trouble. I did my first ever uber atziri run today with 6.5k life, died a lot to her but got her in the end. Stupid of me to sit in the flameblast thing she does...

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TheRat posted:

lmao, rip

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008

TheRat posted:

Invite sent.

This wasn't the first time this happened! Pretty sure I had you blocked a couple of years ago when you went on an over the top retarded rant. I've unignored you anyway, if room opens in the guild I can still use an invite.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I still go on the same rants, so feel free to block me again.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Is there anything minion builds do to not just stand around while the minions kill stuff? Right now I pretty much just resummon skeletons and dead zombies and cast spirit offering sometimes.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Peewi posted:

Is there anything minion builds do to not just stand around while the minions kill stuff? Right now I pretty much just resummon skeletons and dead zombies and cast spirit offering sometimes.

Some kind of curse on hit spell or summon raging spirits. It's actually kind of important to have something to cast since it helps direct your minions.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Peewi posted:

typical is manual cursing (because you run a dps aura or two), with a coh setup if you double curse, then you need to keep up offerings, fortify with a movement skill, and maybe a totem

minion builds get verrrry hectic and unfun to play imo (unless you faceroll everything with either golems or anime weapons)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
What they said. Minions besides SRS will try to attack what/wherever you're targeting first, so some sort of Curse on Hit setup both directs them to something and gives them a damage/survivability boost (depending on the curse).

For curses, Vulnerability probably makes the most sense for boosting damage of your zombies/skeletons (since they deal all phys unless you've added a bunch of elemental auras), while Enfeeble/Temporal Chains are best for a defensive curse. Which one depends on whether you want monsters to hit for less or move slower.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I did not know that minions would try to attack your target. I'll get some curse on hit going.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
I run CoH arc or ball lightning and the lightning dmg aura in order to have lightning zombies taking advantage of conductivity, and that works pretty well.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Hmm, what's the new hotshit but quasi cheap to gear spec? Ideally melee of some kind, but I'm open to whatever. Played a 2handed hammer dudething last season and had a blast.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ngamahus flame cyclone is cheap if you ignore the xophs blood amulet and pretty strong/fun

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Got my new toy :allears:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Peewi posted:

Absolutely. I'm doing this now, it's nice to have something to do during fights besides avoid projectiles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv8pEDrk4v8&t=31s

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Awesome! posted:

ngamahus flame cyclone is cheap if you ignore the xophs blood amulet and pretty strong/fun

I'm doing great with a cyclone raider with this axe. All my gear was maybe 20c not including my jewels or the xophs ammy. Prob spent 6ex there.

But I beat up to and including all the t12 maps.

Not sure how far I can push this build. But two leagues in a row iv tried it. Breach I did slayer

ptp
Aug 27, 2010
hi ignore this post i need my profile link

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Heart skipped a bit when a pair of unique sorcerer boots dropped.
It was the other one :negative:

I got lair of the hydra from that map at least, although not sure if I can kill him yet.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

LeninVS posted:

I'm doing great with a cyclone raider with this axe. All my gear was maybe 20c not including my jewels or the xophs ammy. Prob spent 6ex there.

But I beat up to and including all the t12 maps.

Not sure how far I can push this build. But two leagues in a row iv tried it. Breach I did slayer

If you really like the build you should try the CI Pathfinder version at some point, you can get 8-10k ES with decent but not amazing gear and use 3 or 4 unique flasks with 50% flask effectiveness. I was able to do everything but Uber/Shaper pretty easily, but I never tried them so it may have been possible. The extra effective HP goes a long ways to keeping you alive, since the Duelist leech with Vaal Pact heals you up almost instantly.

The one lovely part is chroming the chest though, 3 red 1 green is rough on a regalia.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Peewi posted:

+1 Curse, Baal Lightning, Curse on hit, Enfeeble and...

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Mar 20, 2017

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Chucullinn posted:

Was there a guild purge recently? I was busy in work last week and when I logged in this weekend I was out of the guild. Can I get a re-invite?

IGN: Chucullinn

Invite is sent.

Flying Spaghetti
Dec 1, 2002

Existence is overrated

Bugsy posted:

Invite is sent.

If there is any more spots, invite please. IGN: FireBurstSpaghetti

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Flying Spaghetti posted:

If there is any more spots, invite please. IGN: FireBurstSpaghetti

sent

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

animatorZed posted:

Heart skipped a bit when a pair of unique sorcerer boots dropped.
It was the other one :negative:

I got lair of the hydra from that map at least, although not sure if I can kill him yet.

I was chancing some leather belts, click click click ACHIEVEMENT! UNIQUE! Immortal Flesh :negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Got my new toy :allears:
Nice! Did you pull it out, or buy?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Nice! Did you pull it out, or buy?

Buy. 440c for a 5linked 330 pdps one.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/60f69s/the_bug_ggg_didnt_want_you_to_know_existed/

Fun times, wonder if anyone is actually getting banned for this. You could make a stupid amount of currency in even a single day of this. Perandus Archive + Carto Strongbox every map in a t16 would be several exalts worth of maps every map in the first week.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nonnono. There's no bug abuse. VOC and fyndel just farmed up that stack of mirrors in a legit way. And United in dream is very common now, thats why it's only 1-2ex. Honest.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Buy. 440c for a 5linked 330 pdps one.
Not bad price. Will probably grab one for my KotF dude later down the road if life and ME:A leave enough time to play more than a character, or if I kill my WI and Fire Burst followup quick enough.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Cinara posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/60f69s/the_bug_ggg_didnt_want_you_to_know_existed/

Fun times, wonder if anyone is actually getting banned for this. You could make a stupid amount of currency in even a single day of this. Perandus Archive + Carto Strongbox every map in a t16 would be several exalts worth of maps every map in the first week.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1851622

lmbo. GGG were probably too busy banning tso to care about poo poo that ruins the economy they so care about.

They should probably hire someone to actually read bug reports

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jusupov posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1851622

lmbo. GGG were probably too busy banning tso to care about poo poo that ruins the economy they so care about.

They should probably hire someone to actually read bug reports

Hahaha that's amazing .

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

Cinara posted:

Yeah, as far as league exploits go, this one is at the top imo.

VOC has been a notorious smug piece of poo poo as long as the games been out. It's pretty obvious that there was a group exploiting this just buy the mirror flaunting and unique talismans that were "farmed" in the first week.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Not bad price. Will probably grab one for my KotF dude later down the road if life and ME:A leave enough time to play more than a character, or if I kill my WI and Fire Burst followup quick enough.

Hopefully you're in LHC as well, because they are closer to 30ex+ in LSC and probably more like 50 for a roll similar to rodents.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

10bux posted:

Hopefully you're in LHC as well, because they are closer to 30ex+ in LSC and probably more like 50 for a roll similar to rodents.
Yeah, I'm on LHC as well, started league with Berserker KotF.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Casting seems really good in this. I started with a Templar because I like to RP as a DIVINE INSTRUMENT OF THE GODS SENT HERE TO PURIFY YOUR HERETICAL, WRETCHED EXISTENCE WITH HOLY FIRE but 20 levels in and I'm nuking huge packs of mobs without getting touched.

I guess my question is, should I reroll Witch if this is going to be my playstyle? Is Witch much harder to play in later levels and higher difficulties? I like the tankiness of a sword and board Templar but it's moot because I am generally unscathed.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

rap music posted:

Casting seems really good in this. I started with a Templar because I like to RP as a DIVINE INSTRUMENT OF THE GODS SENT HERE TO PURIFY YOUR HERETICAL, WRETCHED EXISTENCE WITH HOLY FIRE but 20 levels in and I'm nuking huge packs of mobs without getting touched.

I guess my question is, should I reroll Witch if this is going to be my playstyle? Is Witch much harder to play in later levels and higher difficulties? I like the tankiness of a sword and board Templar but it's moot because I am generally unscathed.

continue with Templar imo, scepter and shield is one of the true and tried classics

you could switch out the shield for a crit dagger, plays very nice with one of the Templar's Ascendencies and it lets you use Whirling Blade as a travel skill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Templar's inquisitor ascendancy is also hands down one of the best in the game. Really good offense, pretty decent defense.

• Locked thread